M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#1101 Post by Chaqa » Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:42 pm

Vecna wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:26 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:23 pm
Vecna wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:21 pm

What changed since this post btw Chaqa?
He’s been kinda obstinate in a townGhug way, but I’m not sure yet. I usually have him figured out around day 2 or 3.
Why am I bordering on a scumlean now?
Reasons. Perhaps to see what you would say if I put that there.

My mind works in mysterious ways.

Vecna

#1102 Post by Vecna » Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:49 pm

So what goes on in your mind in the instance its a serious read? "Oh, he accepted my stupid chipotle gimmick, he must be scared scum backing down, well done Chaks"

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1103 Post by Chaqa » Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:51 pm

Vecna wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:49 pm
So what goes on in your mind in the instance its a serious read? "Oh, he accepted my stupid chipotle gimmick, he must be scared scum backing down, well done Chaks"
You've already put more thought into it than I have, so it was probably just a silly thing and you're town anyway.

Bonatogether

#1104 Post by Bonatogether » Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:32 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:22 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:43 am
BesharamSabi wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:28 am

Give me the meta bona
everyone who is in an argument is very readable in the sense that you can usually figure out a link of alignments (this person is not aligned with this other person, which must mean they have the same alignment as this third person, etc).

i already said my meta

bozo just does mechanics and game theory posts, and can't make a scumread to save his life as scum

bunny is pretty smart but is an odd duck, idr his scum tells

chaqa perennially lowposts as town but still does a good job, puts in effort as scum and usually wins. he also has many excuses that ghug can tell you for why he missed EoD

I haven't played with damo in a while and I don't remember his meta

doom is new and we can probably/maybe/hopefully use the newbie tells

durga is smart, gets in arguments and a good liar, which is hard to read iirc

i'm going to quote emc on flum: 'ascended to mafia nirvana' which essentially just means he doesn't especially care (idk how to put it) but he still plays and gets it right (or wrong, as the case may be)

ghug tryhards

jamie gets in arguments and has some other tells i dont remember

jasnah, in her one game, preached about her great skill and leadership and hardcarried the game for the entire town in a clean sweep, perhaps the best in webdip history

kgray is like durga but doesn't get into as many arguments. she gets fearkilled by scum (brainbomb) but it's clear when she's scum with celaph at least

lfischl lurks. nothing else to it

eden tryhards but in a more analytical big picture way than ghug, or he memes and does better than otherwise. idk his scum tells here, but in among us his imposter tell is saying that the argument against him just plain doesn't work

rdr is a low poster who is good. a decent tell for him is if he dies n1. he's very sly

idr snowy's tells, assume ghug-lite

the boat guy is a newb

I never learned Tom's tells

vecna is like flum in that he's much more chill. he has a good reputation but people are surprised when he wins/is right

I don't remember worcej's tells but I know it's pronounced like Worchester sauce
Thank you 💚
8-)

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1105 Post by Chaqa » Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:33 pm

Heading out for a bit. Got some house stuff to take care of.

Bonatogether

#1106 Post by Bonatogether » Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:34 pm

damo666 wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:37 am
All this no kill discussion is a waste. If people want to no kill then vote no kill and see what happens.

I wont be voting NK.
Uh, how is it a waste? What else are we gonna talk about?

Bonatogether

#1107 Post by Bonatogether » Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:35 pm

damo666 wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:59 am
damo666 wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:45 am
Observations so far:

Sabi as vocal newb very likely town
PE obvtown
Durga TV
Jamie absent
Worcej strangely makes his list announcement redundant by it's very announcement (could be a dk candidate)
Flum scum or bad
Doom ?
Chaqa tad off
Tfb suspicious

Rest: playing to meta
Durga VT I mean. Sorry.
why would you say someone is VT >:(

Bonatogether

#1108 Post by Bonatogether » Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:36 pm

Vecna wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:02 am
snowy801 wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:06 am
Does anyone know what time zone this jasnah individual resides in?
Anyone wanna take bets on whether these personalities are gonna clash or blend?
jasnah is town's supreme leader and as such snowy will naturally follow

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1109 Post by Tom Bombadil » Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:40 pm

Can someone remember what specific game jasnah carried town in? I don’t know who this is?

Bonatogether

#1110 Post by Bonatogether » Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:42 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:33 pm
Vecna wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:50 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:42 am

Did you play on this site?
Why ask this question? Even if you could prove the statement is a lie, why does it matter?

(it was virtual f2f)
There was some discussion about mafia games and I could not find a record of the games here. It is not necessarily important to this game, but it seemed that some of the early votes for Bonatogether were a result of something coming out of the diplomacy games.
People are voting me because I'm so cool

Bonatogether

#1111 Post by Bonatogether » Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:42 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:40 pm
Can someone remember what specific game jasnah carried town in? I don’t know who this is?
the only other game she played in

Bonatogether

#1112 Post by Bonatogether » Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:45 pm

damo666 wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:54 pm
Vecna wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:43 pm
im actually surprised the usual suspects havent talked about a massclaim yet.

It might be boring as fuck (and im not advocating it whatsoever), but this is actually the very best type of setup to massclaim, to completely take away the possibility for mafia to fakeclaim down the line and get a guaranteed victory by lucking out on killing a PR and then claiming it later, along with some false results. It takes away the horrendous scenario where we have a cop vs cop claimfiesta, along with results, and we have no idea of knowing which results are real and which are fake. It takes away the EoD fakeclaim-save on a scum thats about to get killed. And it reduces every VT's odds of finding scum to 4/15.

Having said all that, fuck you, we aint doing it, because boring and all. But its sort of telling that certain people have not even thought of this line of logic, and done their usual thing of superior reasoning and poor convincing.
We already have 2 soft claims and 2 claimnots.
why the fuck would you say this

Bonatogether

#1113 Post by Bonatogether » Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:46 pm

kgray wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:59 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:11 am
damo666 wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:09 am
At the mo I'd go with Flum Chaqa worcej or a low poster.
Oh...the hammer? If we have little info from flip, lets get more VCA. See how a more continuous EOD works this time.
I don't think hammers give more VCA. If anything, they give less.
I agree. Hammers are everyone agreeing, so necessarily scum are grouped in town with that. There are no distinguishing factors that force scum to have to mess around their votes in a potentially non-town way.

Bonatogether

#1114 Post by Bonatogether » Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:46 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:07 pm
Vecna wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:52 pm
I mean, does this mean I now need to start quoting the differences in how you respond to that as town and scum?
Your mistake is thinking variations in my play are alignment-indicative.

I'm just a chaotic and erratic person
False

True

Bonatogether

#1115 Post by Bonatogether » Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:47 pm

damo666 wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:09 pm
Perhaps we should discuss who should claim and when.

With 5 PRs v 4 scum scum cannot afford to CC so claims will be quasi-clear.

I suggest miller and doc claim EON1. Hopefully scum kill a vt N1 this would give cop 3 scans and Jack 3 uses since presumably scum would kill the 2 claimants N2 and N3.

Oracle could read the N1 kill and declare EON3 giving the cop another scan and Jack could autopsy the doc claimant.

Jack and cop then reveal all their info EON4.

A more conservative option would be for doc and miller to claim now and bring everything as above forward a night.
ooor we get a counterclaim and bad things happen

BunnyGo

#1116 Post by BunnyGo » Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:48 pm

Hello again, dinner's simmering so I have a few minutes and things to say in order from most important to least:

1) Ghug convinced me in the pregame that Miller should hold their claim at least until there is a CC

2) Town players have a duty to trust the other town and make life easy for them

3) Just because a teammate is playing in a way you disagree with, doesn't mean you should respond by playing in a way you disagree with

4) People have their own work, and I have mine. I'm doing mine now.

5) I have no idea why Jasnah would hardclaim Miller
a) She's scum; why claim? There was no reason
b) She's town; why claim? To get me to claim? This is anti-town. But see rules 3 and 4 for my response.

6) It is towny for the Miller to clear things up for teammates when it gets weird enough. I hard claim Miller. Go look for all my MANY crumbs.

7) ##Vote Jasnah ##end. While I don't know which of option 5a or 5b is true, I don't think we can let her live either way in a no-reveal game.

8) @Durga, I don't know why you push me hard every day 1, while also ignoring me or not addressing me. But you do (and you kgray, but you I understand and interact with). Your record isn't great, since I haven't been scum much lately. You crow loudly the one time you're correct; but now you eat crow again for getting me when I'm non-vanilla town. You do it when I try hard; you do it when I sit back; you do it when I'm nasty; you do it when I'm polite. That's your work to decide if you're going to change, and mine how I'll respond in the future. So far I think I'm ok with how I did it this game.

Back to dinner and kiddos and back in a couple hours.

Bonatogether

#1117 Post by Bonatogether » Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:48 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:24 pm
Fluminator wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:18 pm
Bunny is scum
Ouch; that hurts my heart. Can we not noun-ify people? Someone isn’t scum; they’re a person assigned a mafia role.

But to your other point…<insert nothing response to nothing accusation >
Bunny is rabbit

President Eden

#1118 Post by President Eden » Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:51 pm

:popcorn:

Bonatogether

#1119 Post by Bonatogether » Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:52 pm

Doom427 wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:55 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:33 pm
Doom427 wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:23 pm
I'm just gonna put my vote in. Without any actual information, it's pretty impossible for me to bother scum-reading. (plus, all the mafia people know who's town, and I'm thinking it's pretty easy for them to railroad a towny, and none of us would even know).

## no vote

I do have a question-Why is it when people do role claim, they do so somewhat ambiguously? Are we just hoping people don't notice? Seems like that hurts town more than helps them, b/c only one mafia person has to notice that, and can share with rest of Mafia, but any town people who don't notice just don't know
People think they're clever.

On your first post, why do you think there is no actual information, and also that you can't be bothered to scum-read? Would you argue that this is equally true in a game with reveals, and would advocate D1 no votes selfsame? Or would you say this approached was influenced by talk of no kills in this game specifically?
Well, I don't think I have any actual information, cause I've never played this game at all, and also have never played with any of y'all. And a solid half of the discussion resolves around people's past gameplay. When I wasn't involved with those games, I can't really comment on their play, unless I try to read through ~200 page archives in addition with keeping up with this thread.

If I don't know anything about the meta, I can only think through mechanics, and Mechanics wise everything falls into a WIFOM situation until power roles start using and claiming. Mafia are gonna get their night kills, which also gives us actual information to use. I guess cop does get a free read, so we're not totally blind? But trying to guess which of us is cop, and then which person cop got a free read on? I dunno. Right now the only thing that's super legible to me is people memeing on each other, and that doesn't really lend itself to a good chance of catching a Mafia vs. Town.
You can still make claims about people's behavior, like what is going through such-and-such's person's head when they post something? Is that a town reasoning or a scum reasoning? Does their process of thinking change between posts? These are all things that you can do without any meta knowledge.

Bonatogether

#1120 Post by Bonatogether » Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:53 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:03 pm
worcej wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:57 pm
Vecna wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:43 pm
im actually surprised the usual suspects havent talked about a massclaim yet.

It might be boring as fuck (and im not advocating it whatsoever), but this is actually the very best type of setup to massclaim, to completely take away the possibility for mafia to fakeclaim down the line and get a guaranteed victory by lucking out on killing a PR and then claiming it later, along with some false results. It takes away the horrendous scenario where we have a cop vs cop claimfiesta, along with results, and we have no idea of knowing which results are real and which are fake. It takes away the EoD fakeclaim-save on a scum thats about to get killed. And it reduces every VT's odds of finding scum to 4/15.

Having said all that, fuck you, we aint doing it, because boring and all. But its sort of telling that certain people have not even thought of this line of logic, and done their usual thing of superior reasoning and poor convincing.
I'm more shocked that everyone is trying to approach this game with the same logic they utilize in our standard games.

Locking this in now: this game is going to boil down to a popularity contest and town is going to lose.
Who's the popular ones here?
me