M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Vecna

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#12281 Post by Vecna » Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:50 am

Doom427 wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:13 pm
DemonRHK wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:11 pm
President Eden wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:09 pm
A lot of the "greatest of all time" games from the 90s and early 00s end up massively showing their age as things progress. It's the nerd equivalent of glorifying sports stars from the 50s and 60s. Most of those 90s-00s era games are more relevant for what they represented in their time rather than how well they objectively stand up to decades of development.
This goes both ways. While a game like say FF6 or FF7 isn't as polished as FF15, I'd argue the first two are more complete and much better overall games.

And Morrowind is better than Skyrim FUCKIN FITE ME
Lol, actuak opinion I avoid saying at my nerdy workplace-Skyrim is super lame and sucks. That would totally get me fired
I never even finished skyrim :nmr:

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#12282 Post by ghug » Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:51 am

Vecna wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:50 am
Doom427 wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:13 pm
DemonRHK wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:11 pm

This goes both ways. While a game like say FF6 or FF7 isn't as polished as FF15, I'd argue the first two are more complete and much better overall games.

And Morrowind is better than Skyrim FUCKIN FITE ME
Lol, actuak opinion I avoid saying at my nerdy workplace-Skyrim is super lame and sucks. That would totally get me fired
I never even finished skyrim :nmr:
In very tepid defense of Skyrim, I must say that that wasn't the point.

My main quest was broken and I still had fun for a few weeks.

Vecna

#12283 Post by Vecna » Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:02 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:25 am
President Eden wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:59 pm
https://i.imgur.com/Lda9tA4.png

signups coming soon 8-)
8-)
Im pre-inning to this so I dont miss the actual signups

Vecna

#12284 Post by Vecna » Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:03 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:00 am
President Eden wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:49 am
initial draft of setup sent off to my fellow kouncilors for review
https://imgur.com/8so8UYk
I approve this signup (wihtout seeing it)

TheFlyingBoat

#12285 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:28 am

Chaqa wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:07 am
Vecna wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:04 am
wait, its over? we won?
Yeah, Snowy was the last one.

Jasnah + Bozo + Tom + Snowy (Godfather)

Exactly like I called it 8-)
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:39 am

I don't know about my actual first mafia game as that was 13 years ago on Smashboards and I've completely forgotten it, but the first me I remember was around a year later on MafiaScum and I will always remember being a furious 13 or 14 year old that no one listened to me and I got the most profound advice ever from someone who was understandably annoyed with me complaining about being right in the EOG as a townie: "Being right counts for shit if you can't convince anyone of it."

God I am glad 1) I autopsied Damo and 2) that I posted this quote back on Page 21. Being right matters very little if you can't convince people of it. I think there is a decent chance otherwise the game makes it close to kilo.

If you weren't cop and I didn't save your claim, chances are you're dead and I'd be pushing snowy's wagon to no avail for a day and then dead as well whenever snowy's chart marked me to die. I am grateful that you were right on the 50/50 on whether jasnah was a trolling town or a trolling scum and used that to get right suspicions on the scum team, scanned Tom, and were right on Snowy. The scan on Tom was huge. But given your play you should really do some introspection about why your words carried so little weight despite being an un-CCed Cop with another PR bolstering your claim before you start bragging despite pulling anti-town stunts like you did intentionally.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#12286 Post by ghug » Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:44 am

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:28 am
Chaqa wrote:
Vecna wrote:
wait, its over? we won?

TheFlyingBoat wrote:

I don't know about my actual first mafia game as that was 13 years ago on Smashboards and I've completely forgotten it, but the first me I remember was around a year later on MafiaScum and I will always remember being a furious 13 or 14 year old that no one listened to me and I got the most profound advice ever from someone who was understandably annoyed with me complaining about being right in the EOG as a townie: "Being right counts for shit if you can't convince anyone of it."

God I am glad 1) I autopsied Damo and 2) that I posted this quote back on Page 21. Being right matters very little if you can't convince people of it. I think there is a decent chance otherwise the game makes it close to kilo.

If you weren't cop and I didn't save your claim, chances are you're dead and I'd be pushing snowy's wagon to no avail for a day and then dead as well whenever snowy's chart marked me to die. I am grateful that you were right on the 50/50 on whether jasnah was a trolling town or a trolling scum and used that to get right suspicions on the scum team, scanned Tom, and were right on Snowy. The scan on Tom was huge. But given your play you should really do some introspection about why your words carried so little weight despite being an un-CCed Cop with another PR bolstering your claim before you start bragging despite pulling anti-town stunts like you did intentionally.
No chance we ever kill Chaqa before final seven or so.

My read was godawful, but I'm glad I was able to throw water on that fire all game anyway.

Kakarroto

#12287 Post by Kakarroto » Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:48 am

Well played everyone, I'm a bit sad my early game hunch of PE/Sabi/damo wasn't correct (beside my "I could see snowy or bozo here. Maybe Tom." for the last slot :p ), I had it up for a few days, but the scan of damo destroyed a theory behind it (tbf I suspected damo the least) and the behaviour of Sabi did throw me a bit too. I suspected PE to maybe be Godfather until the end, but I had some doubts there. Not playing makes you kinda stuck on a read though.

Also, I hate it that I read it all and couldn't participate in anything, posting things to god qt isn't the same. Need to play in the next I think, more time to sus PE (what, he is gm? that doesn't mean he isn't mafia!).

Additionally, I want to praise Bona in this game, maybe I had a wrong picture but I really liked most if not all of his posts, Bona surely positively surprised me.

Also thank you bunny for somehow being able to read my mind and voice some of my theories (sorry if my brain waves disturbed you. And no, there was no digital or somewhat contact, I just point out that bunny and I had some thoughts that were the same).

Just some more things I want to share:
snowy801 wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:09 am
Chaqa wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:07 am
Wat
Cheden? Edaqa?
Chaden. Definitely.
snowy801 wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:38 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:37 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:36 pm
Why can't we end night early?
I think RHK said it wouldn't be fair to the EUROs

Not sure why since Vecna is clearly here but you know, GM's discretion
Sorry, EUROs and also the British
contrary to the wishes of some of the british, they are still part of Europe

at least for some million years (plate tectonic) or adequate scientific knowledge (terraforming)
President Eden wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:34 pm
Durga wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:33 pm
I love jrpgs hmu

But also can we play another one lol
CHOOSE YOUR CLASS:

--> FIGHTER
THIEF
MONK
REDMAGE
W. MAGE
B. MAGE
White mage ... no, thief ... well both or a mix between of them, optimally, but I mostly play healer myself.
snowy801 wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:39 pm
I'm a white mage kinda guy

People say it's weird given my personality but eh I've always been a healer
Ahhh, my evil/good twinbrother strikes again, I kinda wanted this here. Guess I'll take the thief role then. Or maybe the mix, like a bard or something fitting? But then I might not level into the ninja prestige class, hmm ...

Anyway, there is a gaming group I've heard? Paradox games, maybe strategy games? CK2 isn't my most played game (kinda only since it was free but I've watched some hours of gameplay before so I kinda get the general gist but might be the weakest player) but I'm interested if you'd have me. EU4 much prefered.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#12288 Post by ghug » Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:00 am

Kak! The Die Hard thing was a joke.

I speak German terribly, but I can communicate.

Kakarroto

#12289 Post by Kakarroto » Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:04 am

No worries, I was just driven by the spirit of my ancestors ^^

Also, you did a very nice fake claim too, kinda like you channeled my spirit or something, though as a self proclaimed expert in these things, it doesn't really produce the effect someone hopes it does. It's often more positive than negative as a VT, sure, but, as far as I remember, it never did what I wanted it to do.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#12290 Post by ghug » Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:22 am

Kakarroto wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:04 am

Also, you did a very nice fake claim too, kinda like you channeled my spirit or something, though as a self proclaimed expert in these things, it doesn't really produce the effect someone hopes it does. It's often more positive than negative as a VT, sure, but, as far as I remember, it never did what I wanted it to do.
Snowy freaked out in the scum chat and kinda made Chaqa look good, and I made some people happy, so I'll take it.

President Eden

#12291 Post by President Eden » Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:26 am

ghug wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:22 am
Kakarroto wrote:

Also, you did a very nice fake claim too, kinda like you channeled my spirit or something, though as a self proclaimed expert in these things, it doesn’t really produce the effect someone hopes it does. It’s often more positive than negative as a VT, sure, but, as far as I remember, it never did what I wanted it to do.
Snowy freaked out in the scum chat and kinda made Chaqa look good, and I made some people happy, so I’ll take it.
You broke my heart you dirty scumbo

Kakarroto

#12292 Post by Kakarroto » Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:28 am

Nice, I still need to read the maf-chat (currently in god qt) but need to depart soon, so I'll read it later (save the best for the end ;) )

I also thought of wanting to gm a mini game in the meantime, but not the next due to current time issues, but if it's in Nov or Dec it should be fine. I also want to play in PE's mini, so that's that.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#12293 Post by ghug » Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:30 am

President Eden wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:26 am
ghug wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:22 am
Kakarroto wrote:

Also, you did a very nice fake claim too, kinda like you channeled my spirit or something, though as a self proclaimed expert in these things, it doesn’t really produce the effect someone hopes it does. It’s often more positive than negative as a VT, sure, but, as far as I remember, it never did what I wanted it to do.
Snowy freaked out in the scum chat and kinda made Chaqa look good, and I made some people happy, so I’ll take it.
You broke my heart you dirty scumbo
I gave you thirty minutes of pure pleasure.

That was enough for Flum and Durga.

BesharamSabi

#12294 Post by BesharamSabi » Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:36 am

Vecna wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:36 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:44 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:29 pm
Can I also say fuck off bunny and worcej. I really wanted to enjoy mafia but you two ruined it for me.
…I think you’re not cut out for this game. And that’s not on us.
A little less on the judgements would be appreciated. mafia will always be a game of mixing characters and playstyles, and all should be welcome.

I want EMC back :cry:
Thank you. I appreciate that.

BunnyGo

#12295 Post by BunnyGo » Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:47 am

Vecna wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:
BesharamSabi wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:29 pm
Can I also say fuck off bunny and worcej. I really wanted to enjoy mafia but you two ruined it for me.
A little less on the judgements would be appreciated. mafia will always be a game of mixing characters and playstyles, and all should be welcome.

I want EMC back too but Sabi is being inappropriate and Jasnah was downright unkind to everyone else.

How someone acts during a game like this or diplomacy is exactly that “an act”. When the game is over, be your social self with no hidden motives. Some people manage to do both, but that’s usually when their personas mix well and their motives are less hidden. It’s still an act.

Compare with other games like codenames where there’s no question of your team and goals and the game has nothing to do with your thoughts.

Or bridge where it’s not only illegal to be cruel, unkind or unwelcoming in any way shape or form (there’s s zero tolerance policy that sadly isn’t always enforced well) it’s even illegal to pretend to think when you have no reason to, and the only deception allowed is by the cards you place on the table.

Social deduction games are just that. Games. If someone was so miserable during the game because someone suspected them that they’re rude and insulting afterwards that’s on them. There are limits: the reason I don’t play nexus anymore is the person who credible threatened to find me and physically harm my family because I didn’t want an alliance with him wasn’t banned despite the transcript being shared.

But you know all this Vecna. You’re quite good at all this and enjoy it.

BunnyGo

#12296 Post by BunnyGo » Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:54 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:47 am
Vecna wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:

I want EMC back too but Sabi is being inappropriate and Jasnah was downright unkind to everyone else.

How someone acts during a game like this or diplomacy is exactly that “an act”. When the game is over, be your social self with no hidden motives. Some people manage to do both, but that’s usually when their personas mix well and their motives are less hidden. It’s still an act.

Compare with other games like codenames where there’s no question of your team and goals and the game has nothing to do with your thoughts.

Or bridge where it’s not only illegal to be cruel, unkind or unwelcoming in any way shape or form (there’s s zero tolerance policy that sadly isn’t always enforced well) it’s even illegal to pretend to think when you have no reason to, and the only deception allowed is by the cards you place on the table.

Social deduction games are just that. Games. If someone was so miserable during the game because someone suspected them that they’re rude and insulting afterwards that’s on them. There are limits: the reason I don’t play nexus anymore is the person who credible threatened to find me and physically harm my family because I didn’t want an alliance with him wasn’t banned despite the transcript being shared.

I bring up the nexus one, because it’s then on me to not be part of that community. They get to set the rules. I get to choose what I want. And that’s not for me.

Kakarroto

#12297 Post by Kakarroto » Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:59 pm

I also want to add, I'd like to have EMC back.

And Ezio.

And captainmeme.

snowy801

#12298 Post by snowy801 » Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:12 pm

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:28 am
Chaqa wrote:
Vecna wrote:
wait, its over? we won?

TheFlyingBoat wrote:

This is why you're my favorite

snowy801

#12299 Post by snowy801 » Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:13 pm

Kakarroto wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:48 am
Well played everyone, I'm a bit sad my early game hunch of PE/Sabi/damo wasn't correct (beside my "I could see snowy or bozo here. Maybe Tom." for the last slot :p ), I had it up for a few days, but the scan of damo destroyed a theory behind it (tbf I suspected damo the least) and the behaviour of Sabi did throw me a bit too. I suspected PE to maybe be Godfather until the end, but I had some doubts there. Not playing makes you kinda stuck on a read though.

Also, I hate it that I read it all and couldn't participate in anything, posting things to god qt isn't the same. Need to play in the next I think, more time to sus PE (what, he is gm? that doesn't mean he isn't mafia!).

Additionally, I want to praise Bona in this game, maybe I had a wrong picture but I really liked most if not all of his posts, Bona surely positively surprised me.

Also thank you bunny for somehow being able to read my mind and voice some of my theories (sorry if my brain waves disturbed you. And no, there was no digital or somewhat contact, I just point out that bunny and I had some thoughts that were the same).

Just some more things I want to share:
snowy801 wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:09 am
Chaqa wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:07 am
Wat
Cheden? Edaqa?
Chaden. Definitely.
snowy801 wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:38 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:37 pm

I think RHK said it wouldn't be fair to the EUROs

Not sure why since Vecna is clearly here but you know, GM's discretion
Sorry, EUROs and also the British
contrary to the wishes of some of the british, they are still part of Europe

at least for some million years (plate tectonic) or adequate scientific knowledge (terraforming)
President Eden wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:34 pm
Durga wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:33 pm
I love jrpgs hmu

But also can we play another one lol
CHOOSE YOUR CLASS:

--> FIGHTER
THIEF
MONK
REDMAGE
W. MAGE
B. MAGE
White mage ... no, thief ... well both or a mix between of them, optimally, but I mostly play healer myself.
snowy801 wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:39 pm
I'm a white mage kinda guy

People say it's weird given my personality but eh I've always been a healer
Ahhh, my evil/good twinbrother strikes again, I kinda wanted this here. Guess I'll take the thief role then. Or maybe the mix, like a bard or something fitting? But then I might not level into the ninja prestige class, hmm ...

Anyway, there is a gaming group I've heard? Paradox games, maybe strategy games? CK2 isn't my most played game (kinda only since it was free but I've watched some hours of gameplay before so I kinda get the general gist but might be the weakest player) but I'm interested if you'd have me. EU4 much prefered.
Eden's got a thing going and I got my own server but it's kinda toxic I doubt anyone here would like it

snowy801

#12300 Post by snowy801 » Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:13 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:47 am
Vecna wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:

Joke's on you I take everything personally

Sabi was definitely being inappropriate though