M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Message
Author
snowy801
Posts: 3002
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:47 am
Karma: 5246

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#2041 Post by snowy801 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:42 pm

Durga wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:36 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:33 pm
Durga wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:27 pm


Was this a secret? It's not like I'm doing that this game.
your votes are TFB, me, worcej, and ghug...
I love at least 50 percent of those people, and if you add bozo it gets even higher
You earlier indicated that you don't particularly scum read bozo, and it doesn't strike me that he's done much since. What changed? Was it just the Flum vote, or was it that he hasn't done much since?
2

BunnyGo
Posts: 9958
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:21 am
Karma: 3195

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#2042 Post by BunnyGo » Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:42 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:35 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:29 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:27 pm


People tend to chat, but try not to give away secrets that can help the scum team while they're deciding whom to kill.

It is generally quieter, but still active. Don't expect 50 pages per 24 hours.
I have a date toinght, and will be able to participate no problem tomorrow still.

Oh...but if you're in Europe, then timing might be rough. Try to make the last 10 minutes of the Day if you can. Last 30 is good too.
I'm in Chicago so EOD is at 5 pm, date is at around 6ish. So I guess I can post my will and testament before I leave.
Some may suggest typing it but not hitting submit until the last moment. So if you can have it loaded and then submit it later in the night, it gives the scum team less chance to respond.
2

Vecna
Posts: 10952
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:43 am
Karma: 4421

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#2043 Post by Vecna » Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:42 pm

Durga wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:40 pm
kgray wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:38 pm
Durga wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:33 pm


Hmmmm. I don't recall
Do you have a read on him? I feel like you're trying to avoid saying anything concrete here.
I don't like to be wrong. My heart says townread flum but my heart just wants that because I love flum. I'm frankly a little unsure and he's null. I can usually read him really well. I don't want him to get killed today there are far better options
Last time he was scum you completely ignored me calling him out though ;)
2

snowy801
Posts: 3002
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:47 am
Karma: 5246

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#2044 Post by snowy801 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:43 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:42 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:35 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:29 pm


I have a date toinght, and will be able to participate no problem tomorrow still.

Oh...but if you're in Europe, then timing might be rough. Try to make the last 10 minutes of the Day if you can. Last 30 is good too.
I'm in Chicago so EOD is at 5 pm, date is at around 6ish. So I guess I can post my will and testament before I leave.
Some may suggest typing it but not hitting submit until the last moment. So if you can have it loaded and then submit it later in the night, it gives the scum team less chance to respond.
Incidentally, this is typically what people mean when they say "post it EoN"
5

Vecna
Posts: 10952
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:43 am
Karma: 4421

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#2045 Post by Vecna » Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:43 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:43 pm
We're simply not going to find a more useful and informative daykill than jasnah/Bunny today.

We can flip one of two competing claimants, and allow for a play where the Oracle or JOAT gets essentially a 2-for-1 on their power.

This is about as good a Day 1 result as we can ask for.
Id love it if you can stop repeating this over an over
5

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 11396
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm
Location: Seattle
Karma: 5779

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#2046 Post by ghug » Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:43 pm

kgray wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:11 pm
ghug wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:09 pm
kgray wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:27 pm
I don't really like jasnah as a wagon. I can't see any reason for her to do what she did as scum. It doesn't make much sense as town either, but I think scum are less likely to make plays that draw that much negative attention and votes to themselves. I disliked that ghug implied it's an NAI bad play.

I don't understand the Flum wagon. I think his nonsense is just Flum being Flum, and not scummy. I kind of expected Durga to shoot it down more than she did.

I do think ghug's entrance to the game was scummy, but I can't remember a time that I've been town and haven't suspected him D1 after my first game with him.

I'd love to vote Eden because I think the way he dismissed my questioning of him as 'bad faith' was pretty terrible (and whether he's a dick or scum is tbd) and he never explained why he was changing his mind about Durga, but 1) I don't want to interact with him anymore and 2) people I trust are townreading him.

I'm pretty convinced Bunny is the Miller and disagree that he should be killed just because he's part of a CC battle.

I think TFB is being very calculated but maybe that's just his personality and not him watching what he says because he's scum.
What was scummy about my entrance to the game?
How serious you were and the response you had when I called it out.
Neither of those things were my entrance to the game. Also my response was great, in that it adequately explained why I made a handful of serious posts as town.

I thought it was townie of you to pick up on this early, but I think you've lost that cred by holding onto it.
2

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 11396
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm
Location: Seattle
Karma: 5779

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#2047 Post by ghug » Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:45 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:14 pm
ghug wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:13 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:42 pm
I'm just not able to ignore that we have two competing hardclaims of Miller.

One of them has to go.

I strongly believe Bunny is the real Miller, so jasnah is the only person I will vote today at this point.

Might be the simplistic view of it, but i think getting too fancy and letting this drag on til later in the game when we can't afford to sort it out is dangerous. We don't always need to pull off some 10,000 IQ play. This is the logically correct choice.
##VOTE Chaqa

Scum Chaqa hides behind black and white views ("everyone on the D1 scum wagon must be town"). Town Chaqa understands nuance.
This is your "strong tell" that you were waiting on?
Maybe, maybe not.
2

BesharamSabi
Posts: 591
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:50 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
Karma: 1527

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#2048 Post by BesharamSabi » Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:45 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:43 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:42 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:35 pm


I'm in Chicago so EOD is at 5 pm, date is at around 6ish. So I guess I can post my will and testament before I leave.
Some may suggest typing it but not hitting submit until the last moment. So if you can have it loaded and then submit it later in the night, it gives the scum team less chance to respond.
Incidentally, this is typically what people mean when they say "post it EoN"
Got it. Will have it typed and saved. Putting an alarm on my phone. Thankfully I'm gming round 3 of vdl so I can post my eon will and testament.
3

Durga
Posts: 8099
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:01 pm
Location: Canada
Karma: 3881

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#2049 Post by Durga » Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:46 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:42 pm
Durga wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:36 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:33 pm


your votes are TFB, me, worcej, and ghug...
I love at least 50 percent of those people, and if you add bozo it gets even higher
You earlier indicated that you don't particularly scum read bozo, and it doesn't strike me that he's done much since. What changed? Was it just the Flum vote, or was it that he hasn't done much since?
Yeah I expect more from bozo, even when he did post it was mostly jokey and not his usual robotic merticulousness. Why joke vote for flum at this stage?
2

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 6762
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:34 pm
Karma: 3470

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#2050 Post by kgray » Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:46 pm

Durga wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:35 pm
kgray wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:32 pm
Durga wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:27 pm


Was this a secret? It's not like I'm doing that this game.
No, I mean I just can't imagine your reaction to Chaqa partially justifying a jasnah vote with contempt of her playstyle being 'yeah that makes sense' rather than 'fuck off you hypocrite'

idk maybe it's just the Flum thing still bugging me
What makes him a hypocrite exactly? Although now that you mention it I think he did shit on me for doing that to ND.

What flum thing bothers you?
I just get weird vibes from the whole thing. Like how you didn't initially defend him against a D1 kill (I just expect you to adamantly shoot that down), and then you told me you were fine with him getting some pressure because he hasn't made any reads, and that reminded me of how weird it is that he hadn't been calling people scum, and when he started defending himself against my push you said he was getting better when really all he was doing was omgus when he had a real wagon, not actually posting more reads...

Just weird.
2

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 11396
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm
Location: Seattle
Karma: 5779

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#2051 Post by ghug » Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:47 pm

Durga wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:15 pm
ghug wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:13 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:42 pm
I'm just not able to ignore that we have two competing hardclaims of Miller.

One of them has to go.

I strongly believe Bunny is the real Miller, so jasnah is the only person I will vote today at this point.

Might be the simplistic view of it, but i think getting too fancy and letting this drag on til later in the game when we can't afford to sort it out is dangerous. We don't always need to pull off some 10,000 IQ play. This is the logically correct choice.
##VOTE Chaqa

Scum Chaqa hides behind black and white views ("everyone on the D1 scum wagon must be town"). Town Chaqa understands nuance.
How confident are you on the last statement there
I mean he showed last game that as town he doesn't hold steadfast to the "everyone on the D1 scum wagon must be town" thing when he's town, so fairly.
2

Durga
Posts: 8099
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:01 pm
Location: Canada
Karma: 3881

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#2052 Post by Durga » Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:47 pm

Vecna wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:42 pm
Durga wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:40 pm
kgray wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:38 pm


Do you have a read on him? I feel like you're trying to avoid saying anything concrete here.
I don't like to be wrong. My heart says townread flum but my heart just wants that because I love flum. I'm frankly a little unsure and he's null. I can usually read him really well. I don't want him to get killed today there are far better options
Last time he was scum you completely ignored me calling him out though ;)
When? What game? Flum was scum and I was in it? I must have blacked it out from my memory
2

Doom427
Posts: 310
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:54 am
Karma: 855

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#2053 Post by Doom427 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:47 pm

Vecna wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:27 pm
Doom427 wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:40 pm
Basically, if Jasnah is a townie, the Mafia knows, and want to keep them around because it's someone they can day kill later on. That's bad, because later kills are more useful than earlier (they're more likely to hit baddies, if I'm understanding right)
Maybe new mafia, but the ones that played with her before are probably very aware that when she starts playing properly, you aint gonna misskill her during daytime no more.

A pretty good shot is presented here (if she is indeed town).
So, you're saying Jasnah's town play is so amazing and obviously pro-town, no would ever miskill her regardless of a super scumplay on day 1 once we hit day 2, so therefore experienced Mafia know this is their once chance for a Jasnah bus?

That sounds wrong, considering what other players have said so far, but ok, sure.

Does that mean Jasnah is probably scum, considering the lack of much posts since the Miller claim? Cause if she's such a good townplayer that town would never miskill her cause she's so good at it, why not use that super power now to prevent a town miskill when the majority of votes are pointed her way?
3

Durga
Posts: 8099
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:01 pm
Location: Canada
Karma: 3881

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#2054 Post by Durga » Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:48 pm

kgray wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:46 pm
Durga wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:35 pm
kgray wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:32 pm


No, I mean I just can't imagine your reaction to Chaqa partially justifying a jasnah vote with contempt of her playstyle being 'yeah that makes sense' rather than 'fuck off you hypocrite'

idk maybe it's just the Flum thing still bugging me
What makes him a hypocrite exactly? Although now that you mention it I think he did shit on me for doing that to ND.

What flum thing bothers you?
I just get weird vibes from the whole thing. Like how you didn't initially defend him against a D1 kill (I just expect you to adamantly shoot that down), and then you told me you were fine with him getting some pressure because he hasn't made any reads, and that reminded me of how weird it is that he hadn't been calling people scum, and when he started defending himself against my push you said he was getting better when really all he was doing was omgus when he had a real wagon, not actually posting more reads...

Just weird.
Well, that's how I felt so that's what I did. And that's all I've got.
2

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 11396
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm
Location: Seattle
Karma: 5779

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#2055 Post by ghug » Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:49 pm

kgray wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:21 pm
ghug wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:15 pm
kgray wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:49 pm


So my instinct is that scum are more likely to be quick to give people townclear status based on this kind of thing. Do you agree with that in general and do you think Chaqa is doing that here?
It kinda pinged me too, but ultimately I'm the sort of person who gets convinced by little townslips that nobody wants to take as seriously too, so it's not a slam dunk. Vote him for my reason.
I don't mind your black-and-white reason because yeah it's similar to the 'no scum bussed teacon' thing but I really struggle to see scum!Chaqa going off about a few people scumreading him hours into the game.
Yeah I did like that, but he's no longer the sort of player we can dismiss as unable to fake emotion.
2

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 6762
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:34 pm
Karma: 3470

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#2056 Post by kgray » Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:49 pm

ghug wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:41 pm
kgray wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:07 pm
ghug wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:00 pm


For me it's more that he's been generally shitty.
Okay and what does that mean? How does it have anything to do with his Miller claim?
a) I think Bunny is one of the few people here who would consider faking that play as scum.
b) I scumread him before, and since the claim all he's done is push jasnah and be occasionally sanctimonious, which doesn't make him look any better.
c) Neither of those things matter, since there will be a CC if he's scum. The point here was to validate Vecna but remind him that we have to assume Bunny's town.
a) Okay. I disagree, I think as scum Bunny tends to blend very well and preach about how town needs to be a team, and every time he's done wild and crazy plays he's been town.

b) I'd think if he were scum pushing for jasnah's DK he wouldn't be admitting he doesn't strongly scumread her for her claim.

c) I don't see the point of you just validating vecna for no reason. He doesn't need your validation. But I agree we assume Bunny is town.
2

damo666
Posts: 9806
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:04 am
Location: London
Karma: 2630

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#2057 Post by damo666 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:51 pm

Probably won't be here EOD

We should kill Jasnah.

Oracle should claim and order a reveal of deadJasnah tonight.

If scum nk the Oracle claimant we get info if they don't we have a townclear.

And with a bit of luck scum will cc.
2

Vecna
Posts: 10952
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:43 am
Karma: 4421

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#2058 Post by Vecna » Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:51 pm

President Eden wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:16 pm
Vecna wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:10 pm
kgray wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:27 pm
I don't really like jasnah as a wagon. I can't see any reason for her to do what she did as scum. It doesn't make much sense as town either, but I think scum are less likely to make plays that draw that much negative attention and votes to themselves. I disliked that ghug implied it's an NAI bad play.

I don't understand the Flum wagon. I think his nonsense is just Flum being Flum, and not scummy. I kind of expected Durga to shoot it down more than she did.

I do think ghug's entrance to the game was scummy, but I can't remember a time that I've been town and haven't suspected him D1 after my first game with him.

I'd love to vote Eden because I think the way he dismissed my questioning of him as 'bad faith' was pretty terrible (and whether he's a dick or scum is tbd) and he never explained why he was changing his mind about Durga, but 1) I don't want to interact with him anymore and 2) people I trust are townreading him.

I'm pretty convinced Bunny is the Miller and disagree that he should be killed just because he's part of a CC battle.

I think TFB is being very calculated but maybe that's just his personality and not him watching what he says because he's scum.
who do you actually trust that has stated they townread him?

Eden is saying all the logical things, but tonally he still feels like he is pulling a rug out from under a perfectly nice penguin population.
Guarantee if you were GMing this game you would be posting in god thread about how my analysis couldn't possibly come from scum. :lol:
Settle down, beavis
2

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 6762
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:34 pm
Karma: 3470

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#2059 Post by kgray » Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:51 pm

ghug wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:43 pm
kgray wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:11 pm
ghug wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:09 pm


What was scummy about my entrance to the game?
How serious you were and the response you had when I called it out.
Neither of those things were my entrance to the game. Also my response was great, in that it adequately explained why I made a handful of serious posts as town.

I thought it was townie of you to pick up on this early, but I think you've lost that cred by holding onto it.
Oh sorry, I forgot that I'm supposed to ignore everything prior to the last 30 minutes. Town has *never* screwed up by ignoring previous reads and getting caught up in other distracting bullshit.
2

snowy801
Posts: 3002
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:47 am
Karma: 5246

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#2060 Post by snowy801 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:52 pm

Here's a question for all the Jasnah voters:

Who do you think we should vote out, if she were somehow off the table?

Also @Doom you're doing a great job and should post more
2

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests