M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#4621 Post by Chaqa » Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:35 pm

President Eden wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:27 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:46 pm
I very much dislike the worcej wagon. Throw me in the list of "worc knights" or w/e lol

I quite agree with the takes on Bozo. He feels very fake, too calm, and not at all himself this game. I'm pretty sure he's rolled scum. He also was one of the last people to cast a vote Day 1, which is something I've found to be scum-indicative (tom did it today too).

Jansah-Bozo-Tom-??? scumteam, calling my shot
I was wondering how long you were going to sit on that heuristic. rivera has a real bad case of that too.
I couldn't exactly whip it out in the games I was scum where I discovered it lol

Doom427

#4622 Post by Doom427 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:35 pm

Attempt at a Reads List by an ignorant child-

Really Good-
BunnyGo
Chances of being Mafia really really low. Really only worth the day kill if it's the near the end of the game and somehow Mafia hasn't gotten around to it.

Yeah, probably fine?
Vecna-I had a small inkling of something, but indigenistion=/=scum. And day 2 has so far been stuff I think is fine
Durga-Didn't like Jasnah thing, but it's all been pretty good vibes from there, and Jasnah thing isn't REALLY scum indicative
Ghug-Yeah, probably fine?
Snowy801-Yeah, probably fine?
kgray-Yeah, probably fine?

*shrug*
BesharamSabi-Us newbies from Chicago area have to stick together!
President Eden-I still like my theory about Damo kill, but no one else did, and then Jamie did the gladiator thing which sorta killed any momentum it was ever going to have, so *shrug*
Jamie-Jamie did that gladiator thing that killed any momentum my obviously accurate attack on PE had. JamieXPE scum team confirmed.
bozo-had a post earlier, mostly was doing things that are kinda passive, and did some stats stuff (like number of people voted for) that are useful to town, but also aren't anything a Mafia player wouldn't do.

Yeah, probably not fine?
Flum-Mostly been arguing he's fine because Chaqa is cop, and trying to prove Damo wasn't cop. That's probably not what a Mafia player WOULD do, but... it's also a little bad. If PE is on my shrug list, this is strictly more likely than PE.

Yeah, no, not great
Chaqa-I mean, come on. I can sorta see it, I do, but there's no real chance Chaqa isn't gonna get daykilled come late in the game, so only really useful to discuss in relation to other players.

God that was exhasuting. Going through the bot and seeing what people post, and trying to make guesses on that? I'm beat.

Are there any other players in this game? Sorry if I missed you

worcej

#4623 Post by worcej » Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:37 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:02 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:59 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:57 pm

Am I sus?
Shrug
You're not obvtown
If I was scum don't you think I would have flipped wagons and joined the Bozo or jasnah one that everyone is leading? Shouldn't the fact I'm still latched on to worcej show that I'm committed? Maybe in other mafia games I played that majia tends to flip flop votes based off who is leading but I guess it doesn't happen like that here.
Commitment is NAI honestly. Any alignment is committed to their opinion, in fact scum could be argued as being more committed since they need to get miskills and those won't happen by themselves.

Anyways... Your not being town by latching onto the same wagon in a new phase based on information that cannot be true (the signaling idea you had). You're also not doing anything to sell your opinion on me other than 'follow me guys, my gut is usually right' for 2 phases in a row now, which isn't very towny.

Personal reasons aside, I don't see any progression of development from your voting, posts, and you've displayed no efforts to catch up while being gone.

Tom is somewhat doing the same and is additionally alarming to see, so don't think this is only an issue of yours.

worcej

#4624 Post by worcej » Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:38 pm

Doom427 wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:35 pm

Really Good-
BunnyGo
Chances of being Mafia really really low. Really only worth the day kill if it's the near the end of the game and somehow Mafia hasn't gotten around to it.

Yeah, probably fine?
Vecna-I had a small inkling of something, but indigenistion=/=scum. And day 2 has so far been stuff I think is fine
Durga-Didn't like Jasnah thing, but it's all been pretty good vibes from there, and Jasnah thing isn't REALLY scum indicative

*shrug*
President Eden-I still like my theory about Damo kill, but no one else did, and then Jamie did the gladiator thing which sorta killed any momentum it was ever going to have, so *shrug*
Jamie-Jamie did that gladiator thing that killed any momentum my obviously accurate attack on PE had. JamieXPE scum team confirmed.
bozo-had a post earlier, mostly was doing things that are kinda passive, and did some stats stuff (like number of people voted for) that are useful to town, but also aren't anything a Mafia player wouldn't do.

Yeah, probably not fine?
Flum-Mostly been arguing he's fine because Chaqa is cop, and trying to prove Damo wasn't cop. That's probably not what a Mafia player WOULD do, but... it's also a little bad. If PE is on my shrug list, this is strictly more likely than PE.

Yeah, no, not great
Chaqa-I mean, come on. I can sorta see it, I do, but there's no real chance Chaqa isn't gonna get daykilled come late in the game, so only really useful to discuss in relation to other players.

God that was exhasuting. Going through the bot and seeing what people post, and trying to make guesses on that? I'm beat.

Am I the only one that thinks it's weird Doom is voting me and forgot to put me in his list?

worcej

#4625 Post by worcej » Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:40 pm

ghug wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:34 pm
worcej wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:28 pm
ghug wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:56 pm

I think you hold stronger convictions when you're town, which is what I'm seeing here. The Sabi read in particular is something I don't think you'd bother with as scum. Bozo has largely seemed fine today. He's an OK kill, but not obvscum like kgray.
Help me understand how kgray is scum. What is the reasoning? I see her standard town game in action right now.
a) She's not thinking what I'm thinking most of the time. The most problematic example here is the vote for Chaqa today.
b) She's not obvtowning. Usually she's like a rabid dog, attacking and questioning anything and everything and clearly trying to get to the bottom of it all. I'm not seeing that here. It's not like her play in general is obviously scummy, but she's set herself a high bar there with her past scum play, and she's not behaving like I'd expect her to as town.
I cannot really comment on a), but I disagree with your assessment on b) - she is commenting a lot and countering other people's reads and demanding more explanations which is what I see from obvtown!kgray

snowy801

#4626 Post by snowy801 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:41 pm

Doom427 wrote:
I don't know if this comprehensive but you are noticeably missing Tom/worcej.

Can you elaborate on your Eden read, how Jamiet's gladiation ties the two, and if you have any opinions on how bozo got roped into it?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4627 Post by ghug » Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:41 pm

worcej wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:38 pm
Doom427 wrote:

Really Good-
BunnyGo

Yeah, probably fine?

*shrug*

Yeah, probably not fine?

Yeah, no, not great

Am I the only one that thinks it's weird Doom is voting me and forgot to put me in his list?
That's a little odd, but I'm a fan of the list overall.

President Eden

#4628 Post by President Eden » Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:42 pm

Ok now I did.

There's nothing really wrong there but nothing powerful or compelling either. None of his posts have to come from town and none of them obviously point to him being mafia.

I think Durga is right that a lot of the people more heavily engaged in the game are town, and that the mafia are more likely to be among those who are fading into the background. And whatever I think about Chaqa's alignment, his heuristic about the timing of first vote is definitely legit, both as an a priori argument about how town vs mafia approach the game and as a summary of data from past games. Tom's voting pattern fits that bill for Day 2 at least (concededly, it does not for Day 1), and his activity pattern fits that bill both days (concededly, he seems to have IRL reasons for it being the case on Day 2, but not as much for Day 1).

Other people implicated by these two points:
- Sabi only inasfar as Day 2 goes, but it sounds like there were extenuating circumstances.
- rivera for both days, even though I've liked his posts when he's been here
- lfischl and if not for the thing I'm not going to talk about, there's really no reason not to think he's mafia
- worcej for both days
- bozo for Day 2

I am actually a bit surprised Chaqa didn't point out rivera as rivera is the most obvious person who fits the bill for his heuristic if you're actively looking to apply it. Idk if it means anything though.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4629 Post by ghug » Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:42 pm

worcej wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:40 pm
ghug wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:34 pm
worcej wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:28 pm
Help me understand how kgray is scum. What is the reasoning? I see her standard town game in action right now.
a) She's not thinking what I'm thinking most of the time. The most problematic example here is the vote for Chaqa today.
b) She's not obvtowning. Usually she's like a rabid dog, attacking and questioning anything and everything and clearly trying to get to the bottom of it all. I'm not seeing that here. It's not like her play in general is obviously scummy, but she's set herself a high bar there with her past scum play, and she's not behaving like I'd expect her to as town.
I cannot really comment on a), but I disagree with your assessment on b) - she is commenting a lot and countering other people's reads and demanding more explanations which is what I see from obvtown!kgray
From my perspective, the day has been spent defending and complaining rather than attacking.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#4630 Post by kgray » Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:42 pm

worcej wrote:
Am I the only one that thinks it's weird Doom is voting me and forgot to put me in her list?

Doom427

#4631 Post by Doom427 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:43 pm

worcej wrote:
Doom427 wrote:

Really Good-
BunnyGo

Yeah, probably fine?

*shrug*

Yeah, probably not fine?

Yeah, no, not great

Am I the only one that thinks it's weird Doom is voting me and forgot to put me in Her* list?
B/C my vote was based off of what I said when I cast it, which was easy to see (Except the vote didn't go through, as I realized when I went to double check what it was). It was based off your certainty that Chaqa was cop. I'd say that's a *shrug* read. Didn't really see the point, tho I guess cause there are a lot of votes on you I should have put it in there.

worcej

#4632 Post by worcej » Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:45 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:41 pm
Doom427 wrote:

Can you elaborate on your Eden read, how Jamiet's gladiation ties the two, and if you have any opinions on how bozo got roped into it?
Again - weird that I'm his vote and not in a read list when there was a reason stated to vote me to begin with. For reminder, this was the opinion Doom had at the time:
Doom427 wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:40 pm
Still haven't caught up, but posting.on phone before driving out-

On worcej, that big tut-tutting post about almost killing Chaqa almost reads as town because of how weird and unauthentic it is. Just saying "Y'all almost killed cop, dumbasses!" Gets the point across, but with how big it was, it stuck in my head, over and above the... Are we at 10000 yet? God damn.

Not saying it's impossible, but because it read to me as weird, and also had that frustrated tone, I'd say it's either town Worcej who thinks Chaqa is cop, or scum worcej who knows Chaqa is town, and got frustrated with the town play. Really doubt you post that, even in a no flip game, if both are scum

worcej

#4633 Post by worcej » Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:46 pm

kgray wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:42 pm
worcej wrote:
Am I the only one that thinks it's weird Doom is voting me and forgot to put me in her list?
BAH!

worcej

#4634 Post by worcej » Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:47 pm

worcej wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:46 pm
kgray wrote:
worcej wrote:
BAH!
FWIW, I appreciate the call-outs kgray lol

Doom427

#4635 Post by Doom427 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:47 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Doom427 wrote:

My Eden read is based off of slight gut checks d1, which are super meaningless when I'm a newbie, and the fact that Damo died. I had the theory that PE could see value killing Damo as Mafia if Mafia believed Chaqa was cop, b/c if we all bought Damo was cop, we would kill Chaqa, and townclear PE.
What I actually wrote about JamieT was mostly joking, but the Gladiation thing sorta had... no chance of going anywhere? So it's mostly the idea that it's a solid chance to look like they're on different teams, without actually risking either getting killed. The other scum read thing is just thinking the Gladiation thing was... somethign you would do as scum to make people stop voting you? b/c it's silly and will get everyone off you for the day.
Bozo was roped into things? Didn't see that when I took a look. Umm, no comment I guess? That was enough bot searching for me, could you tell me what you mean by that?

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#4636 Post by kgray » Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:48 pm

Personally, I would like to see wagons on the following people, roughly in this order:

Chaqa > ghug > bozo > TFB > Flum > Tom > Jamie

I highly doubt I'd be enthusiastic about voting anyone not on this list.

BesharamSabi

#4637 Post by BesharamSabi » Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:49 pm

Doom427 wrote:

Really Good-
BunnyGo

Yeah, probably fine?

*shrug*

Yeah, probably not fine?

Yeah, no, not great

Fellow chicagoan but thinks I'm shrug 😔

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#4638 Post by Tom Bombadil » Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:49 pm

President Eden wrote:
Ok now I did.

There's nothing really wrong there but nothing powerful or compelling either. None of his posts have to come from town and none of them obviously point to him being mafia.

I think Durga is right that a lot of the people more heavily engaged in the game are town, and that the mafia are more likely to be among those who are fading into the background. And whatever I think about Chaqa's alignment, his heuristic about the timing of first vote is definitely legit, both as an a priori argument about how town vs mafia approach the game and as a summary of data from past games. Tom's voting pattern fits that bill for Day 2 at least (concededly, it does not for Day 1), and his activity pattern fits that bill both days (concededly, he seems to have IRL reasons for it being the case on Day 2, but not as much for Day 1).

Other people implicated by these two points:
- Sabi only inasfar as Day 2 goes, but it sounds like there were extenuating circumstances.
- rivera for both days, even though I've liked his posts when he's been here
- lfischl and if not for the thing I'm not going to talk about, there's really no reason not to think he's mafia
- worcej for both days
- bozo for Day 2

I am actually a bit surprised Chaqa didn't point out rivera as rivera is the most obvious person who fits the bill for his heuristic if you're actively looking to apply it. Idk if it means anything though.
It’s a little funny that you use this to try to implicate me, but leave off that from the beginning of the game I have advocated flash wagoning to avoid the issue that Chaqa brought up…. Seems a little opportunistic

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4639 Post by Chaqa » Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:50 pm

@Eden: I didn’t mention Rivera because I found he was someone who always votes late regardless of alignment, I had to struggle with that last game in my analysis of him

snowy801

#4640 Post by snowy801 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:50 pm

Doom427 wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:47 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Doom427 wrote:

My Eden read is based off of slight gut checks d1, which are super meaningless when I'm a newbie, and the fact that Damo died. I had the theory that PE could see value killing Damo as Mafia if Mafia believed Chaqa was cop, b/c if we all bought Damo was cop, we would kill Chaqa, and townclear PE.
What I actually wrote about JamieT was mostly joking, but the Gladiation thing sorta had... no chance of going anywhere? So it's mostly the idea that it's a solid chance to look like they're on different teams, without actually risking either getting killed. The other scum read thing is just thinking the Gladiation thing was... somethign you would do as scum to make people stop voting you? b/c it's silly and will get everyone off you for the day.
Bozo was roped into things? Didn't see that when I took a look. Umm, no comment I guess? That was enough bot searching for me, could you tell me what you mean by that?
Jamiet eventually expanded his gladiation to Eden or bozo, which led to the hilarious comment (I think ghug's) of "you can't gladiate two people that's not how it works"

What do you think of the mindset of someone attempting to gladiate someone, then adding someone else to the pile?