M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Message
Author
damo666
Posts: 9852
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:04 am
Location: London
Karma: 2692

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#2881 Post by damo666 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:12 pm

Fluminator wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:51 pm
Also yes, we're speedkilling Chaqa if he survives tonight. We won't even give him a chance for final words.
ScummyFlummy
1

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 18017
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 9781
Contact:

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#2882 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:13 pm

Fluminator wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:03 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:02 pm
I have just realised something very important.

Unless I missed it, at no point during D1 did Bozotheclown attempt to carry out a survey.
My survey was shot to swiss which I'm still a little offended by, why would he attempt one right after.
It's just a thing he nearly always does.

Swiss?
1

Fluminator
Posts: 3531
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:50 pm
Karma: 2078

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#2883 Post by Fluminator » Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:13 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:10 pm
Fluminator wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:09 pm
Passive aggressiveness is more my style over arguing
What would you say is an example of a passive aggressive post you've made in response to this?
I'm being passive aggressive to her right now for shooting down my survey
1

damo666
Posts: 9852
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:04 am
Location: London
Karma: 2692

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#2884 Post by damo666 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:13 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:02 pm
I have just realised something very important.

Unless I missed it, at no point during D1 did Bozotheclown attempt to carry out a survey.
:o
1

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 18017
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 9781
Contact:

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#2885 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:13 pm

damo666 wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:12 pm
Scuminator wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:51 pm
Also yes, we're speedkilling Chaqa if he survives tonight. We won't even give him a chance for final words.
ScummyFlummy
3

snowy801
Posts: 3148
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:47 am
Karma: 5420

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#2886 Post by snowy801 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:14 pm

Teach me to say anything nice about Jamiet
1

Fluminator
Posts: 3531
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:50 pm
Karma: 2078

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#2887 Post by Fluminator » Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:14 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:13 pm
Fluminator wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:03 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:02 pm
I have just realised something very important.

Unless I missed it, at no point during D1 did Bozotheclown attempt to carry out a survey.
My survey was shot to swiss which I'm still a little offended by, why would he attempt one right after.
It's just a thing he nearly always does.

Swiss?
Swiss cheese is holy. So it's been shot a lot. Is that not in British lingo?
2

damo666
Posts: 9852
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:04 am
Location: London
Karma: 2692

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#2888 Post by damo666 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:15 pm

Fluminator wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:03 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:02 pm
I have just realised something very important.

Unless I missed it, at no point during D1 did Bozotheclown attempt to carry out a survey.
My survey was shot to swiss which I'm still a little offended by, why would he attempt one right after.
Because if Bozo conducted a survey it would have probably had some merit...
2

BunnyGo
Posts: 9993
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:21 am
Karma: 3227

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#2889 Post by BunnyGo » Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:16 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:14 pm
Teach me to say anything nice about Jamiet
“Jamie, you have the most interesting and unique cultural references at your fingertips.”
1

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 18017
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 9781
Contact:

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#2890 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:17 pm

Fluminator wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:14 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:13 pm
Swiss?
Swiss cheese is holy. So it's been shot a lot. Is that not in British lingo?
I've never encountered someone using the phrase "shot to swiss", no.
1

damo666
Posts: 9852
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:04 am
Location: London
Karma: 2692

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#2891 Post by damo666 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:17 pm

@Jamie please stop editing quotes.
1

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 18017
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 9781
Contact:

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#2892 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:17 pm

damo666 wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:15 pm
Fluminator wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:03 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:02 pm
I have just realised something very important.

Unless I missed it, at no point during D1 did Bozotheclown attempt to carry out a survey.
My survey was shot to swiss which I'm still a little offended by, why would he attempt one right after.
Because if Bozo conducted a survey it would have probably had some merit...
Sick burns bro.
1

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 18017
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 9781
Contact:

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#2893 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:18 pm

Damo666 wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:17 pm
@Jamie:
Please, stop editing quotes.
I'm sorry Damo.
2

snowy801
Posts: 3148
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:47 am
Karma: 5420

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#2894 Post by snowy801 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:19 pm

##GM CALL
Please ban quote editing. It's obnoxious
3

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 6762
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:34 pm
Karma: 3470

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#2895 Post by kgray » Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:20 pm

I know I shouldn't encourage it, but it's funny. And besides, damo wants to policy kill me :lol:
3

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 18017
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 9781
Contact:

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#2896 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:21 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:19 pm
##GM CALL
Please ban quote editing. It's obnoxious
Oh come on.

Changing Fluminator's name to "Scuminator" because Damo called him scummyflummy is not any kind of rule violation. It's not like someone is going to think there is a new player called "Scuminator" in the game and be completely confused by the situation.

Also, during D1, Fluminator deliberately edited a quote from Damo to make it look like Damo had given different reads to the ones he'd actually stated, in an attempt to trap Damo (on the possible assumption that scum!Damo had insincere / faked reads. I didn't much like him doing it, but I don't think such things should be *banned*. That's going too far.
2

snowy801
Posts: 3148
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:47 am
Karma: 5420

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#2897 Post by snowy801 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:22 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:21 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:19 pm
##GM CALL
Please ban quote editing. It's obnoxious
Oh come on.

Changing Fluminator's name to "Scuminator" because Damo called him scummyflummy is not any kind of rule violation. It's not like someone is going to think there is a new player called "Scuminator" in the game and be completely confused by the situation.

Also, during D1, Fluminator deliberately edited a quote from Damo to make it look like Damo had given different reads to the ones he'd actually stated, in an attempt to trap Damo (on the possible assumption that scum!Damo had insincere / faked reads. I didn't much like him doing it, but I don't think such things should be *banned*. That's going too far.
You made a wide change to ghug's post from earlier. You clearly don't know the line, and thus must be blanket banned
1

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 11606
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm
Location: Seattle
Karma: 6006

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#2898 Post by ghug » Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:25 pm

kgray wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:43 pm
ghug wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:12 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:11 pm
All I’m saying is we have now had people say:

“Active Chaqa is scum Chaqa”
“Active Chaqa is town Chaqa”
“Lurking Chaqa is scum Chaqa”
“Lurking Chaqa is town Chaqa”

Over the course of the last… three months or so

Apparently nuance is also a tell.

And not spelling out every exact detail on my ghug reads

Or changing reads

Or trying to live

Gee it’s almost like no one actually knows how to read me

Like I’ve been saying for months and months

Eden knows this and is either deliberately going against everything he ever tells me about how I play mafia or he is scum
Again, if you're actually town, you spent the day trying to kill someone you thought was town and lying about why. You deserve to be scumread for that.
Sorry can you link me to where someone talks about Chaqa lying about why he wanted to kill (presumably) Jasnah?
After Chaqa claimed, he said he had no reason to kill jasnah anymore because he'd only wanted to kill her to buy him time for scans.
2

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 18017
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 9781
Contact:

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#2899 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:25 pm

sneebly801 wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:22 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:21 pm
snoopy801 wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:19 pm
##GM CALL
Please ban quote editing. It's obnoxious
Oh come on.

Changing Fluminator's name to "Scuminator" because Damo called him scummyflummy is not any kind of rule violation. It's not like someone is going to think there is a new player called "Scuminator" in the game and be completely confused by the situation.

Also, during D1, Fluminator deliberately edited a quote from Damo to make it look like Damo had given different reads to the ones he'd actually stated, in an attempt to trap Damo (on the possible assumption that scum!Damo had insincere / faked reads. I didn't much like him doing it, but I don't think such things should be *banned*. That's going too far.
You made a wide change to ghug's post from earlier. You clearly don't know the line, and thus must be blanket banned
I was doing that to illustrate my irritation at Ghug answering on Chaqa's behalf when what I wanted was a response from Chaqa. Hence the "thanks Chaqa" at the end of said post. Ghug immediately realised my point and responded accordingly.

There is no rule against it and I disagree that any GM intervention is merited.
1

BunnyGo
Posts: 9993
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:21 am
Karma: 3227

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#2900 Post by BunnyGo » Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:26 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:19 pm
##GM CALL
Please ban quote editing. It's obnoxious
I believe the GM called my idea “fucking brilliant” when I first asked him if it was legal. Granted I have dumbed it down since because nobody noticed at first and I was going to die unnoticed.
2

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests