M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#7201 Post by kgray » Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:06 pm

President Eden wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:38 am
snowy801 wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:37 am
It did strike me as being odd that after all the talk about "well now we know bozo's alignment let's vote someone out to give oracle a good target" so many people just defaulted to voting him anyway

Though I don't think anyone on that list is particularly scummy. Maybe Jamiet - I forget who but whoever said "Jamiet doesn't seem to give a shit about lurkers" struck me as true, though I'm not really sure that makes sense unless scum mass bussed bozo D2 which I kinda think might've happened but I don't know why they would
consider that they might have just not had a choice d2 because we put 2 mafia up at the end
Jamie was scumreading bozo before EOD, though. It's not like he just jumped on the wagon when it was between bozo and Tom.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#7202 Post by kgray » Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:08 pm

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:46 am
With the obvious worcej exception (unless you think scum team is bona, worcej, and bozo, in which case jesus), everyone voted for bozo at the end of the day besides Vecna. I think Vecna has been a relatively popular townread, but maybe something is there? I doubt it, though.
Why do you doubt it?

President Eden

#7203 Post by President Eden » Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:10 pm

kgray wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:06 pm
President Eden wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:38 am
snowy801 wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:37 am
It did strike me as being odd that after all the talk about "well now we know bozo's alignment let's vote someone out to give oracle a good target" so many people just defaulted to voting him anyway

Though I don't think anyone on that list is particularly scummy. Maybe Jamiet - I forget who but whoever said "Jamiet doesn't seem to give a shit about lurkers" struck me as true, though I'm not really sure that makes sense unless scum mass bussed bozo D2 which I kinda think might've happened but I don't know why they would
consider that they might have just not had a choice d2 because we put 2 mafia up at the end
Jamie was scumreading bozo before EOD, though. It's not like he just jumped on the wagon when it was between bozo and Tom.
I realized after saying this that “they” had to refer to the mystery 4th because obviously Tom and bozo aren’t gonna vote themselves, and Jamie committed beforehand.

As I’ve slept on it and considered things more, if Tom and bozo are both mafia, the only really useful info to be gleaned from that is that the mafia team just didn’t have a lot of driving presence in the thread (or else how did half the team end up being the wagons :lol:), which reinforces to me that a lot of the big talkers are town and we’ve ended up in a ton of TvT fights. It doesn’t end up saying a lot about actual votes though.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#7204 Post by Chaqa » Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:11 pm

Maybe we flip Tom or snowy as an Oracle target?

Durga

#7205 Post by Durga » Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:14 pm

We're not flipping snowy, what

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#7206 Post by kgray » Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:15 pm

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:16 am
snowy801 wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:07 am
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:04 am
Oh I see. That's just my personality in games like this. I like to over-explain rather than under-explain whenever possible because when I leave things unexplained assuming they're obvious I almost always get questions about. I figure might as well explain everything as much as possible so long as I have the time do so in order to make sure I can do a good job once instead of having to redo it multiple times.
And therefore, your opinion on kgray with this understanding? Still the same?
I see why she views it as weird and a light scum tell just because it is weird and has no meta read on me. Doesn't change my read on her because my read was never based on OMGUS but was more based on voting patterns.
Voting patterns? Please elaborate on how my voting is scummy.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#7207 Post by Chaqa » Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:16 pm

Durga wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:14 pm
He’s obvscum

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#7208 Post by rdrivera2005 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:17 pm

Durga wrote:
I second this.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#7209 Post by rdrivera2005 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:17 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:16 pm
Durga wrote:
He’s obvscum
Why?

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#7210 Post by kgray » Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:17 pm

Vecna wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:55 am
Durga wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:23 am
snowy801 wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:21 am
@Durga why do you townread kgray?
I don't I just feel bad that she's upset, yknow?

In all seriousness I can't figure her out this game. She's different than normal but I heard her scum game is top tier but this isn't exactly that. She's frustrated and showing it and I'm not sure she would necessarily do that as scum. But then again I don't know why she's frustrated as town either. So really I'm confused.
My guess would be because everyones scumreading her and arguing over stuff and telling her she wrong.

Or maybe im just wrong
See? D3, just as predicted ;)

Durga

#7211 Post by Durga » Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:19 pm

If snowy is scum he's scum with Chaqa

President Eden

#7212 Post by President Eden » Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:24 pm

Then let’s drop the Bomb

BunnyGo

#7213 Post by BunnyGo » Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:24 pm

I got kid home from school, so I'm off for a while. I quickly skimmed bozo's day 1. There's some interesting stuff there, maybe some interactions. I'll go through the search to see who was talking at/about him too.

Maybe someone else wants to duplicate this effort in the meantime?

President Eden

#7214 Post by President Eden » Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:26 pm

I’ll do the ole CTRL-F bozo dive sometime today and see if anything neat comes up

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#7215 Post by kgray » Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:26 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:36 pm
At work and can’t keep up with you maniacs all the time.

I still sorta like giving Oracle a useful dead person rather than almost certainly scum bozo. (Though I suppose with multiple near clears scum probably aren’t going to hit Oracle anyways so we could probably just dispatch bozo here)

##vote President Eden for now. Will fully catch-up at lunch.

I also think kgray is still a possibility. Assume scum killed Bona because they thought they had a guilty scan on bozo. Kgray could have picked up on this and bussed bozo. Certainly bussing does make sense in a setup with oracles as it could give scum deep cover if a dead scum is revealed. Also would help explain why her counterwagon fizzled and wagons started on me and TFB (to a lesser degree)

I think either of these would be a better Oracle target than bozo.
What the heck Tom. I'm still a possibility because the scumread I pushed that turned out to be (almost certainly) scum could have just been me bussing? That's not even a reason to scumread me, it's just claiming that anything I'm doing could still be done by scum.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#7216 Post by kgray » Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:27 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:46 pm
kgray wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:44 pm
Fluminator wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:39 am

I legitamitely have no memory of what scummy thing you could be talking about. Shutting down the damo cop theory?
No. But I am thinking about it more and though I still think it's scummy, it might actually make you less likely to be scum... I don't know, it's not important atm
This is confusing.

If you think it's not important could you briefly explain what it was, so that we can put it aside and stop wondering what you saw that others missed?
Nah

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#7217 Post by kgray » Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:29 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:52 pm
kgray wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:49 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:47 am
Oh kgray did you miss my explanation of the ghug read?

I thought he was Doctor, when he hardclaimed it.

I didn’t want to explain it for fear of making scum think about it
Yeah I did see that you said that, though you still said you were unsure about ghug after he hardclaimed doc and before the alleged slip. And if you didn't want scum to think about the possibility of doc!ghug, why would you state outright that you unironically believe him?

So honestly this explanation makes me more suspicious. I guess that's why it's called a tunnel.
Yeah that's fair. It wasn't an immediate realization I had so the progression was a little weird
Sorry I'm confused. You thought he was the doc when he claimed it, but you didn't immediately realize that made you townread him?

President Eden

#7218 Post by President Eden » Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:30 pm

kgray wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:26 pm
Tom Bombadil wrote:

I still sorta like giving Oracle a useful dead person rather than almost certainly scum bozo. (Though I suppose with multiple near clears scum probably aren’t going to hit Oracle anyways so we could probably just dispatch bozo here)

I also think kgray is still a possibility. Assume scum killed Bona because they thought they had a guilty scan on bozo. Kgray could have picked up on this and bussed bozo. Certainly bussing does make sense in a setup with oracles as it could give scum deep cover if a dead scum is revealed. Also would help explain why her counterwagon fizzled and wagons started on me and TFB (to a lesser degree)

What the heck Tom. I'm still a possibility because the scumread I pushed that turned out to be (almost certainly) scum could have just been me bussing? That's not even a reason to scumread me, it's just claiming that anything I'm doing could still be done by scum.
Gladiatore ole

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#7219 Post by Chaqa » Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:38 pm

kgray wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:29 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:52 pm
kgray wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:49 pm

Yeah I did see that you said that, though you still said you were unsure about ghug after he hardclaimed doc and before the alleged slip. And if you didn't want scum to think about the possibility of doc!ghug, why would you state outright that you unironically believe him?

So honestly this explanation makes me more suspicious. I guess that's why it's called a tunnel.
Yeah that's fair. It wasn't an immediate realization I had so the progression was a little weird
Sorry I'm confused. You thought he was the doc when he claimed it, but you didn't immediately realize that made you townread him?
I didn’t immediately fully believe him, but I did pretty soon after

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#7220 Post by Tom Bombadil » Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:41 pm

kgray wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:26 pm
Tom Bombadil wrote:

This was poorly explained. My point is that bozo is probably scum. Scum presumably thought Bona scanned bozo hence the NK. In a no flip game, there is less incentive to bus. I think everyone who pushed bozo gets towncred - you are just the most likely to have a) thought Bona had a scan of bozo and 2) would have the guts to bus and 3) wereunder some suspicion so had the most to gain from the towncred bussing could provide. I think it’s dangerous to POE and just write off everyone who pushed bozo as a suspect if scum thought he was a dead man walking (scanned)