M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Message
Author
Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 7626
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:33 pm
Location: Allentown, PA, USA
Karma: 4425

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#3601 Post by Chaqa » Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:51 pm

kgray wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:55 pm
Vecna wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:10 am
kgray wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:55 pm


It's the timing that makes me thing it's unlikely to come from scum, not the emotion. Nobody is actually afraid of getting DK'd 5 hours into the game. Way more likely that town is irritated that people are already declaring them scum and reacting out of frustration than scum is panicking that they're under pressure of being found out.

Unless Chaqa is frustrated that Vecna is his teammate, maybe.
Im trying not to spam the thread with old shit and will format stuff into one post for most, but this thing does stand out to me from the period leading upto EoD 1.

So this post was made by Kgray, but then later on she voted for Chaqa for very long stretches of time (just before switching to Seren who she had been defending all day iirc?) - and now she is back to voting Chaqa.

Kgray, can you describe your trajectory a bit better to me?

But, more importantly, do you really figure I would have made that giant history post on Chaqa if I was his scummate here? Detailing all his reactions to getting scumread in previous games for both alignments?

(its still interesting to me how noone reacted well to that, but now apparently chaqa is backed into a corner after all, and doing all kinds of crazy stuff).
I will try but I think I will be mostly rehashing what I’ve already said.

Chaqa, as scum, has been on the block a lot. Not saying he isn’t good at it, just that he’s played so much that it happens. And he has also been on the block a lot without actually being the kill. In fact, I remember him bragging in scumchat about how he’s good at weaseling his way out of a DK.

I therefore do not think it makes a lot of sense for scum!Chaqa to panic about gaining suspicion as early into the game (and the phase in particular, given more wagons were bound to pop up). He is experienced enough to have been in much more dire positions before and would have zero reason to believe he was actually caught that early.

So, I thought it was much more likely he was frustrated because you were wrong about him than scared that you were right. The thought also crossed my mind that he could have been frustrated as scum if you were his teammate and he didn’t approve of you busing him. It could also have been frustration at someone else who was less vocal about bussing him.

I don’t think it’s extremely likely that you are his teammate given your digging through his history, no. I remember thinking about the time when you fooled me in that mini game because you were “solving” so much, but that felt more like carefully agreeing with “good points” and bringing up counter arguments and I don’t remember you digging that much into any one read. Of course I think it’s possible that you’re his teammate who knows town doesn’t listen to those arguments very much, but I don’t think it’s likely.

After that exchange there were points brought up that lead to scum!Chaqa reads but the early emotion he displayed kept me from agreeing with a scumread. But suspicion was growing and then I found something I thought was more convincing that that display of emotion.

I initially believed his cop claim, but apparently that was a heat-of-the-moment thing because I no longer do. He just didn’t seem genuine in the way he said “if jasnah can fake claim, so can I” and he’s for sure not a VT. I was also expecting him to immediate reclaim cop and admit he took it back briefly for wifom, and he didn’t do that but claimed the RB. I don’t think he’s the cop so I think he’s scum.
I want to address that last part a bit.

Me saying “if jasnah can fake claim so can I” was part of me trying to sell it to mafia that I was not cop. If I hadn’t been roleblocked, my plan was to continue to try to stay alive and reveal any scans I get when I’m about to get daykilled.

People have said I thought jasnah was town.

That just isn’t true. I thought she *could* be town, but equally as likely she could be scum, and I literally quite meant it like that. The discussion on connotations I mentioned earlier in the game is one where I was explaining to Eden that my brain just doesn’t do connotation at all. I’m extremely literal and straightforward.

My view on it was jasnah could be scum, and if not, she is the least likely town to help us achieve a win, so she should be the day 1 kill.

I even mentioned at some point that by locking her in as our D1, we didn’t risk outing any PRs. This is the same stance I had on Day3 of last game, and was another subtle way to hint that i was a PR.

Sure. I didn’t play this perfectly, but I feel like scum was saving their teammate jasnah by redirecting onto worcej and myself. I cannot rationally believe anyone would earnestly rather vote out me, worcej, or others over jasnah after that miserable day 1 performance.
3

BunnyGo
Posts: 10146
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:21 am
Karma: 3232

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#3602 Post by BunnyGo » Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:52 pm

kgray wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:47 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:42 pm
kgray wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:16 pm
I'd just like for everyone who keeps shading me to explain why in a sentence that doesn't include the word "worcej." I'm so sick of these weak scumreads for no good reason.
Hmm. Maybe I should start shading you…

One sentence: Town!kgray never trusts me when I’m town.

Hi kgray! I don’t really shade you. Should I?
Honestly Bunny, you're semi-clear atm and you're not really pushing much of anything, especially for someone who loves puzzles. I'd love for you to push something. Up to you if you think you have good reasons to scumread me.
The thing is, I think I could reasonably push anybody right now. I haven’t gut feelings, but I think my best contribution is to sit back and try to take it in and let those ferment.

There’s no argument I can make that I (and others) couldn’t poke holes in.

There’s no measuring except for once or twice, and so there’s little feedback on those arguments and seeing stuff.

So I’ll chill for now. I’m slowly digesting. And I’m just happy to follow along. I don’t think I’m going to make a meaningful contribution for a while today.

But no, you’re currently far from the top of my list.
2

BunnyGo
Posts: 10146
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:21 am
Karma: 3232

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#3603 Post by BunnyGo » Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:53 pm

Durga wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:48 pm
kgray wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:47 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:42 pm


Hmm. Maybe I should start shading you…

One sentence: Town!kgray never trusts me when I’m town.

Hi kgray! I don’t really shade you. Should I?
Honestly Bunny, you're semi-clear atm and you're not really pushing much of anything, especially for someone who loves puzzles. I'd love for you to push something. Up to you if you think you have good reasons to scumread me.
I'm still waiting for a cc for Miller
I would fucking love that. Anything to get me out of this game.
2

snowy801
Posts: 3151
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:47 am
Karma: 5428

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#3604 Post by snowy801 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:55 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:51 pm
I cannot rationally believe anyone would earnestly rather vote out me, worcej, or others over jasnah after that miserable day 1 performance.
Who in particular comes off as disearnest in their vote? There were 10 people on counterwagons (more before your claim), they can't all be scum.
1

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 18071
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 9794
Contact:

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#3605 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:55 pm

Durga wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:48 pm
kgray wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:47 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:42 pm


Hmm. Maybe I should start shading you…

One sentence: Town!kgray never trusts me when I’m town.

Hi kgray! I don’t really shade you. Should I?
Honestly Bunny, you're semi-clear atm and you're not really pushing much of anything, especially for someone who loves puzzles. I'd love for you to push something. Up to you if you think you have good reasons to scumread me.
I'm still waiting for a cc for Miller
Maybe Ghug will oblige you.
1

Vecna
Posts: 10976
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:43 am
Karma: 4455

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#3606 Post by Vecna » Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:57 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:55 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:51 pm
I cannot rationally believe anyone would earnestly rather vote out me, worcej, or others over jasnah after that miserable day 1 performance.
Who in particular comes off as disearnest in their vote? There were 10 people on counterwagons (more before your claim), they can't all be scum.
I think its pretty possible you +1'd my drunk post because I nailed like 3 of you
3

Bonatogether
Posts: 3142
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:17 pm
Location: Maryland
Karma: 1416
Contact:

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#3607 Post by Bonatogether » Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:58 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:23 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:42 am
President Eden wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:40 am
Refresh me on why you're voting for Chaqa.
As town, he wouldn't be useful, even if he is cop, due to being rbed. If he's scum, keeping him around is strictly negative since he won't slip anything. Therefore, not voting him out is either not-good or bad, so we should vote him out.
This is terrible, terrible logic.
Why?

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 7626
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:33 pm
Location: Allentown, PA, USA
Karma: 4425

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#3608 Post by Chaqa » Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:58 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:55 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:51 pm
I cannot rationally believe anyone would earnestly rather vote out me, worcej, or others over jasnah after that miserable day 1 performance.
Who in particular comes off as disearnest in their vote? There were 10 people on counterwagons (more before your claim), they can't all be scum.
Eden, You, FlyingBoat, Rivera are the ones who struck me as feeling unnatural at the time. But it’s hard to say for sure
2

snowy801
Posts: 3151
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:47 am
Karma: 5428

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#3609 Post by snowy801 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:59 pm

Vecna wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:57 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:55 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:51 pm
I cannot rationally believe anyone would earnestly rather vote out me, worcej, or others over jasnah after that miserable day 1 performance.
Who in particular comes off as disearnest in their vote? There were 10 people on counterwagons (more before your claim), they can't all be scum.
I think its pretty possible you +1'd my drunk post because I nailed like 3 of you
Unironically that's the best thing I've heard from you all game.
1

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 18071
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 9794
Contact:

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#3610 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:59 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:51 pm
People have said I thought jasnah was town.

That just isn’t true. I thought she *could* be town, but equally as likely she could be scum, and I literally quite meant it like that. The discussion on connotations I mentioned earlier in the game is one where I was explaining to Eden that my brain just doesn’t do connotation at all. I’m extremely literal and straightforward.

My view on it was jasnah could be scum, and if not, she is the least likely town to help us achieve a win, so she should be the day 1 kill.

I even mentioned at some point that by locking her in as our D1, we didn’t risk outing any PRs. This is the same stance I had on Day3 of last game, and was another subtle way to hint that i was a PR.

Sure. I didn’t play this perfectly, but I feel like scum was saving their teammate jasnah by redirecting onto worcej and myself. I cannot rationally believe anyone would earnestly rather vote out me, worcej, or others over jasnah after that miserable day 1 performance.
Would you say this makes Ghug a top scum candidate?
1

Fluminator
Posts: 3531
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:50 pm
Karma: 2078

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#3611 Post by Fluminator » Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:59 pm

Jamiet I really hope you're town because I think this is the first game ever you haven't wanted me dead.
2

Vecna
Posts: 10976
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:43 am
Karma: 4455

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#3612 Post by Vecna » Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:59 pm

And Bozo
2

Fluminator
Posts: 3531
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:50 pm
Karma: 2078

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#3613 Post by Fluminator » Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:01 pm

Vecna, if you came into day 2 really suspicious of Chaqa, I'm a little surprised you're voting snowy right now
1

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 7626
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:33 pm
Location: Allentown, PA, USA
Karma: 4425

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#3614 Post by Chaqa » Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:01 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:59 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:51 pm
People have said I thought jasnah was town.

That just isn’t true. I thought she *could* be town, but equally as likely she could be scum, and I literally quite meant it like that. The discussion on connotations I mentioned earlier in the game is one where I was explaining to Eden that my brain just doesn’t do connotation at all. I’m extremely literal and straightforward.

My view on it was jasnah could be scum, and if not, she is the least likely town to help us achieve a win, so she should be the day 1 kill.

I even mentioned at some point that by locking her in as our D1, we didn’t risk outing any PRs. This is the same stance I had on Day3 of last game, and was another subtle way to hint that i was a PR.

Sure. I didn’t play this perfectly, but I feel like scum was saving their teammate jasnah by redirecting onto worcej and myself. I cannot rationally believe anyone would earnestly rather vote out me, worcej, or others over jasnah after that miserable day 1 performance.
Would you say this makes Ghug a top scum candidate?
I’ve got nothing to say about ghug right now 🤷🏻‍♂️
1

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 18071
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 9794
Contact:

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#3615 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:02 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:58 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:23 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:42 am


As town, he wouldn't be useful, even if he is cop, due to being rbed. If he's scum, keeping him around is strictly negative since he won't slip anything. Therefore, not voting him out is either not-good or bad, so we should vote him out.
This is terrible, terrible logic.
Why?
Why is it bad logic to want to kill someone EVEN IF THEY ARE THE COP?

Well gee that's a tough one.

Here are a few reasons:

1. We should try to kill people on the Mafia team. The cop is town.

2. If he is the cop and we remove him, then the Mafia can Roleblock someone else. If they're forced to RB the real cop each night, that leaves the Doc and the JOAT free to act.

3. That should be sufficient.
3

worcej
Posts: 7894
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:39 am
Location: Washington
Karma: 3841

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#3616 Post by worcej » Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:03 pm

Wives birthday today, also celebrating my daughters too. You won’t see much from me until Monday morning. I will do what I can to follow along on downtimes today.

I like the snowy wagon. ##vote snowy
2

Vecna
Posts: 10976
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:43 am
Karma: 4455

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#3617 Post by Vecna » Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:03 pm

Vecna wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:56 pm
Durga wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:55 pm
Yuck well anyone wanna do worcej?
youre not even gonna convince me of that shit.

scumteam is like, snowy, bona, maybe PE, maybe Jasnah
The fact you remember +1'ing it and now make such an ominous post that my statement was great,

...well
3

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 18071
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 9794
Contact:

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#3618 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:04 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:01 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:59 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:51 pm
People have said I thought jasnah was town.

That just isn’t true. I thought she *could* be town, but equally as likely she could be scum, and I literally quite meant it like that. The discussion on connotations I mentioned earlier in the game is one where I was explaining to Eden that my brain just doesn’t do connotation at all. I’m extremely literal and straightforward.

My view on it was jasnah could be scum, and if not, she is the least likely town to help us achieve a win, so she should be the day 1 kill.

I even mentioned at some point that by locking her in as our D1, we didn’t risk outing any PRs. This is the same stance I had on Day3 of last game, and was another subtle way to hint that i was a PR.

Sure. I didn’t play this perfectly, but I feel like scum was saving their teammate jasnah by redirecting onto worcej and myself. I cannot rationally believe anyone would earnestly rather vote out me, worcej, or others over jasnah after that miserable day 1 performance.
Would you say this makes Ghug a top scum candidate?
I’ve got nothing to say about ghug right now 🤷🏻‍♂️
But Ghug was one of the loudest voices demanding that Jasnah must be saved at all costs. If you honestly think scum tried to save Jasnah, how could you NOT have a view on Ghug's role in that??

Not liking that response from you at all, Chaqa.
2

snowy801
Posts: 3151
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:47 am
Karma: 5428

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#3619 Post by snowy801 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:05 pm

Vecna wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:03 pm
Vecna wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:56 pm
Durga wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:55 pm
Yuck well anyone wanna do worcej?
youre not even gonna convince me of that shit.

scumteam is like, snowy, bona, maybe PE, maybe Jasnah
The fact you remember +1'ing it and now make such an ominous post that my statement was great,

...well
Ominous? I'll show you... ominous

(though I meant the post you quoted)
1

Vecna
Posts: 10976
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:43 am
Karma: 4455

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#3620 Post by Vecna » Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:07 pm

Fluminator wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:01 pm
Vecna, if you came into day 2 really suspicious of Chaqa, I'm a little surprised you're voting snowy right now
Before my catchup I was sort-of convinced that Chaqa was scum, and I think I was a little confused about how his cop-claim came to be?

If you need a timeline when Ive checked the game, and when I was sober, and when I read what portions, I can provide some rudimentary insights. I dont think itll be all that interesting though ;)
2

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests