M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
BesharamSabi

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#9681 Post by BesharamSabi » Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:39 am

worcej wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:37 am
BesharamSabi wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:27 am
Durga wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:26 am

Can you just ask RHK for a replacement then? I don't really wanna waste a daykill
I really do want to play and have been doing town reads. Jesus christ. I'm just trying to poke worcej at this point since he's been tunneling in on me.
Whats the point in poking me?
Because you keep tunneling onto me?

BesharamSabi

#9682 Post by BesharamSabi » Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:41 am

BesharamSabi wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:07 pm
OK I'm home and still very tipsy so bear with me with this one.

I think after rereading a lot of ghug posts that he is town. He was surprised at the right moments and asked questions that didn't seem rehearsed or calculated. Yes his tunneling on Kgrey was a bit much. I feel like I'm general he's been earnest about his scum hunting and when he was accused by others, his defense was very much like someone who was fed up with people being wrong about him vs trying to deflect or explain away stuff. I did try to find his past games to see how his posting history was when scum vs VT vs pr but it was kinda hard to track those down so I apologize for being unable to compare this games posting style vs previous games styles.

I think it's easier for me to figure out someone is town vs trying to find scum. Does anyone else have the same thing or is it just me?
Here I am again mentioning how I have been reading up old games to compare posting styles in relation to roles

Bonatogether

#9683 Post by Bonatogether » Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:43 am

BesharamSabi wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:31 am
Durga wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:30 am
BesharamSabi wrote:

I really do want to play and have been doing town reads. Jesus christ. I'm just trying to poke worcej at this point since he's been tunneling in on me.
Okay cool. Was confused because I thought you self voted all day
I only did a self vote the whole day because I really didn't think Jamiet vs Chaqa vs snowy were solid enough wagon without reading up on old games and comparing.
We have many potential miskills, so not every kill needs to be right. We don't need to be 100%. We only need to believe that someone has an above average chance to be scum in order for voting them out to be a solid move here.

worcej

#9684 Post by worcej » Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:44 am

ghug wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:23 am
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:15 am
ghug wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:01 am

I'm not sure what I think it means yet. It didn't feel like authentic confusion, and that's where I'm starting from. The obvious answer if he was tying intentionally is that he didn't want Jamie to die, but it's also possible he saw a town v town and a chance to tie, or even that he was bussing, and took his shot.

Why did I defend bozo more than, say, snowy? Vecna? Doom? Rd? You? What are your reads beyond me and rd?
This is why I get a little frustrated. Everyone says I don't participate, yet I have lots of reads, I just feel like nobody reads the few posts I have.

I townread PE.
I think kgray is the most likely busser of bozo if there was one (which I sort of think there may have been, but its possible there was not)
I think Sabi is town.
I think Vecna is likely town from the bozo push.

I've said I think we should be killing from the non-bozo voters. Namely you, snowy, rdr, Doom. Eden is a non-bozo voter that I townlean and kgray is the bozo voter I think most likely to have bussed.

Are you really asking why you defended bozo more than the others? I don't know how to answer this than say that I remember you defending bozo pretty hard and not remembering the others doing so? I defended bozo pretty hard as well - but I know my alignment.

Do you want me to provide evidence that you defended bozo more than rdr? Because I think we could ask everyone here and they would agree with that, so I'm not sure I need to go back and show this.

I've made it pretty clear I'm mostly fine with wagons on any of the people who defended bozo (except for PE - and I wouldnt even call him a bozo defender). I just find you the most disingenuous. I find it interesting your wagon evaporated.

But if rdr or snowy or Doom is a wagon tomorrow and gets killed, I'm not losing any sleep over it. I'd just push you likely the next day. With limited info still coming as scum will likely target clears, I think the bozo angle is the best we have currently.
My issue here is that I didn't defend bozo that hard. Before, you said I defended jasnah hard, and that was fair. I spoke in favor of killing bozo for most of the day but pushed other wagons because his didn't need help. I got suspicious near the end of the day along with snowy because the wagon felt off, and I obviously voted poorly at the end, but all in all I don't think characterizing me as defending bozo more than anyone else who voted for him would be fair. If that's your primary reason for your top scumread, it rings a little hollow (and again was not your primary argument when you voted me a day ago).

It's uncharacteristically lazy of you to want to kill within the opposition voters of scum rather than potential bussers, and it's similarly lazy to make the argument you make about me and rd when the obvious implication is that I defended bozo more because I was more active, which is not a good barometer of scumminess.
You defended him via voting without much words, which is what I've scummed you the most for.

worcej

#9685 Post by worcej » Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:45 am

BesharamSabi wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:39 am
worcej wrote:
BesharamSabi wrote:

It really isn't a tunnel if I'm not voting for you.

You're doing some scummy things and the last thing I want is for scum to win because everyone just avoids you. You deserve attention and are receiving it accordingly.

BesharamSabi

#9686 Post by BesharamSabi » Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:48 am

worcej wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:45 am
BesharamSabi wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:39 am
worcej wrote:
It really isn't a tunnel if I'm not voting for you.

You're doing some scummy things and the last thing I want is for scum to win because everyone just avoids you. You deserve attention and are receiving it accordingly.
Scummy things like not realizing a no kill is bad idea, not remembering Chaqa pr claim, not knowing about mafia qt mechanics worked, etc.

I really am being honest and genuine in my confusion about the mechanics of the game. I'm fine with the attention but like I still think you're grasping at straws that every mistake or confusion I do is a scum move.

BesharamSabi

#9687 Post by BesharamSabi » Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:49 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:43 am
BesharamSabi wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:31 am
Durga wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:30 am

Okay cool. Was confused because I thought you self voted all day
I only did a self vote the whole day because I really didn't think Jamiet vs Chaqa vs snowy were solid enough wagon without reading up on old games and comparing.
We have many potential miskills, so not every kill needs to be right. We don't need to be 100%. We only need to believe that someone has an above average chance to be scum in order for voting them out to be a solid move here.
That's fair and I realize that after the 648th person told me.

BesharamSabi

#9688 Post by BesharamSabi » Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:58 am

Rereading old games update: I have skimmed randomly in the last 4 mafia games before this one and comparing the posting styles to the roles of people. In case worcej needs updates on my progression in this game :) 💚

Bonatogether

#9689 Post by Bonatogether » Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:35 am

1043 more posts until this is the largest thread in webdip history

Bonatogether

#9690 Post by Bonatogether » Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:24 am

considering putting in effort

also considering just tonereading everyone

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#9691 Post by ghug » Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:57 am

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:19 am
ghug wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:10 am
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:36 am
ghug - maybe defended is a poor word choice. But you were clearly wrong about bozo and came off his wagon at a suspicious time. We've gone through several instances where I've pointed out that I think you are unlikely to have conviction around the arguments you are making. Admittedly, the bozo defense is likely because I'm going off of memory of the day rather than going back and rereading extensively.

I don't think I'm being lazy. Sure its not a hot take, but I do think bussing is likely *less* common in this game. I don't find it super likely multiple scum bussed bozo to death D2. So from a numbers standpoint there is likely at least one scum amongst the non-clears and non bozo pushers. I'll take probability over some meta nonsense all day.

WIth regards to rdr - pretty much agree with you here. You and rdr have equally poor voting records with respect to our scum info. You have been much more active and have done things I have found suspicious. I barely know anything rdr has said, so I don't really find it suspicious [albeit I hate his last post about being ok with dying, so there is that]
I'm out and about, so you don't get a full response here, but the fact that you think I voted for bozo for a time is itself indicative that you're not thinking very deeply about this.

Has your read on jasnah changed, or your read on her with respect to me, or do you just not feel the need to relitigate?
That was an error in my haste. In particular I was thinking about your refusal to vote the wagon as coming off the wagon. You have a post early in the day saying he is a good wagon, and then later in the day saying that he seems mostly fine and kgray is scum. Then you hop to TFB to start another alternative wagon.

What does give me a bit of pause looking at it, is that you didn't vote for me - which was probably a better traction option than TFB if you were a bozo teammate looking for a counterwagon.
His wagon needed no help until after he claimed, at which point I'd soured on the wagon itself. I don't think pushing to get a second scumread on the block is problematic.

I get "ghug no vote booze: bad", but I don't see how you can reasonably extend that to make me worse than other people who didn't vote for him, and the examples you're giving remain lazy, and often directly wrong.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#9692 Post by ghug » Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:00 am

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:28 am
@ghug - I don't know what to think about jasnah, and as such am not really using jasnah in my reads. I initially thought scum. Part of that was worcej's reaction - which it turns out I was wrong on. Gun to my head, I'd still probably guess scum, but don't feel confirdent about it at all, so I'm not using it in my reads of players still alive and kicking.
I don't understand how you can stop considering the reason you were using to scumread me and still consider me your top scumread.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#9693 Post by ghug » Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:01 am

worcej wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:36 am
ghug wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:05 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:03 am

Dear Olds,

You say that gen Z is cringe, but statistics show that you all eat avocado toast and make shit memes.

Curious,
Bonatogher
Avocado toast is delicious and eating it is why I will never be able to afford a house.
You live in the Seattle area, you're fucked on owning a house regardless of what you eat.
Nah, it's definitely the avocado toast.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#9694 Post by ghug » Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:03 am

BesharamSabi wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:58 am
Rereading old games update: I have skimmed randomly in the last 4 mafia games before this one and comparing the posting styles to the roles of people. In case worcej needs updates on my progression in this game :) 💚
Have you made any new conclusions?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#9695 Post by ghug » Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:04 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:35 am
1043 more posts until this is the largest thread in webdip history
New forum, at least.

Daily Bible and last person to post have any mafia game beat.

Fluminator

#9696 Post by Fluminator » Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:31 am

I do like sabi's posting right now. It sounds like they're invested in proving they're doing town stuff not to sound like town, but so that people aren't upset at them for not contributing to the team. (And they have been doing stuff!)

TheFlyingBoat

#9697 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:22 am

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:41 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:13 pm
Hi TFB

tell me your thoughts about the EOD
Will need some time to look it over. Gonna be AFK until around 9:30ish.
Welp ended up having an after party as well so I'm now plastered. I'll give you a reply in the morning and use this as a reminder

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#9698 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:30 am

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:36 am
ghug - maybe defended is a poor word choice. But you were clearly wrong about bozo and came off his wagon at a suspicious time. We've gone through several instances where I've pointed out that I think you are unlikely to have conviction around the arguments you are making. Admittedly, the bozo defense is likely because I'm going off of memory of the day rather than going back and rereading extensively.

I don't think I'm being lazy. Sure its not a hot take, but I do think bussing is likely *less* common in this game. I don't find it super likely multiple scum bussed bozo to death D2. So from a numbers standpoint there is likely at least one scum amongst the non-clears and non bozo pushers. I'll take probability over some meta nonsense all day.

WIth regards to rdr - pretty much agree with you here. You and rdr have equally poor voting records with respect to our scum info. You have been much more active and have done things I have found suspicious. I barely know anything rdr has said, so I don't really find it suspicious [albeit I hate his last post about being ok with dying, so there is that]
I find interesting you hate me accepting I am in the POE to be DKlled (which I am) and don't give a shit about Sabi actively wanting to be killed.

BunnyGo

#9699 Post by BunnyGo » Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:54 am

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:22 am
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:41 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:13 pm
Hi TFB

tell me your thoughts about the EOD
Will need some time to look it over. Gonna be AFK until around 9:30ish.
Welp ended up having an after party as well so I'm now plastered. I'll give you a reply in the morning and use this as a reminder
Hmm...hell of an after party, I just got up.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#9700 Post by Tom Bombadil » Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:52 am

ghug wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:00 am
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:28 am
@ghug - I don't know what to think about jasnah, and as such am not really using jasnah in my reads. I initially thought scum. Part of that was worcej's reaction - which it turns out I was wrong on. Gun to my head, I'd still probably guess scum, but don't feel confirdent about it at all, so I'm not using it in my reads of players still alive and kicking.
I don't understand how you can stop considering the reason you were using to scumread me and still consider me your top scumread.
I think you are confusing me with someone? At no point did I use anything about jasnah to formulate my read on you?