M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Durga

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#3261 Post by Durga » Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:16 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:41 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:33 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:13 am

As a bayesian signal only: I had previous had a null on Durga and a scumlean on you. This moved her higher as a consequence and you as well.

My thoughts on hunting here: I need to find whole teams because finding individuals and then using their flips to update my priors on other reads doesn't work.
I don't understand the reasoning behind this first paragraph.
Everything is my best thoughts. Even someone standing up and shouting “fuck this game! I’m scum! Vote me out! I want out!” Isn’t a guarantee of their being on the scum team. And with no flips, very little will give me 100% certainty. Everything is a matter of degrees and opinions. And what I see changes those opinions but shouldn’t overwrite them entirely. This video (and many others by Grant) is worth watching in it’s entirety. He’s really good.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lG4VkPoG3ko

So, what should my opinion be of whether you and Durga are scum given my observation? It should increase based on what I previously thought.

Having just skimmed the last game I was in with Durga, she was scum and I was a crappy PR. Very similar to this. And she played very similarly. So I’m bumping her up a little more in my scum read. Will try to provide quotes and summary from bot later (still on mobile) but people can search the bot for old games in the same search location just change the game searching.
explain how i played similarly to whatever game you're talking about.

snowy801

#3262 Post by snowy801 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:18 am

I do enjoy how Durga's stuck in the past and completely ignoring anything going on, very breath of fresh air

President Eden

#3263 Post by President Eden » Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:19 am

snowy801 wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:11 am
President Eden wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:10 am
Chaqa wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:05 am

Oh, I was thinking of a way to crumb it and seven was on my mind, Flum just happened to post that “trust me guys” message on like page 5 or 6 and it was perfect. I originally was going to make my seventh post mention Flum, but I miscounted and realized it on post 8.
You decided on a Se7en-based crumb. You planned to make it your 7th post but miscounted. Then it just so happened that your 8th post was going to be on page 7, and in the interim your d0 scan posted, making it work? That is your story?
I mean when you put it like that it sounds even worse than it did in my head
The issue is that I actually can easily believe it. I just don’t know if he turned up the effort to sell it, or if he has enough pressure now that we’re getting a real look at him as town. That is the kind of thing that would happen to Chaqa though. It’s a bit convoluted, but he does have a habit of playing a bit fast and loose and then being incredulous that I and others ask questions.

Durga

#3264 Post by Durga » Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:20 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:12 pm
kgray wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:09 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:57 am
First analysis of a pair of players: Bona-Durga

<snipped>
Why'd you start with Bona and Durga?
I started with a player I had a scumlean on (bona) and looked for players he didn’t have interactions with. Durga hit first (alphabetically) in a big way.
please explain the big way :lol:

Durga

#3265 Post by Durga » Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:22 am

President Eden wrote:
Vecna wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:28 pm
Checking in very briefly. Took some glimpses at random pages.

Read Prez-eden's big readspost.

Guess I was pretty gone last night. Blame yourself for bringing doubt to my Chaqa read, I guess.

How do you feel about the Jasnah <> Durga thing though? You scumread Durga. Think she's protecting Chaqa. But dont even consider she mightve been defending Jasnah even harder?
She clearly was, but that doesn't make jasnah mafia. (It doesn't make Chaqa mafia either - Chaqa's guilt is, in my mind, very well established by his own behavior, not by Durga's potential intervention.) There are two good reasons for mafia to have taken the stance Durga did RE: jasnah.
1. If jasnah is town then Durga is giving the objectively correct advice on how to handle jasnah's slot, which looks good for her.
2. If jasnah's alignment remains a controversy that sucks all the oxygen out of the room, that diverts hunting away from actual mafia, which achieves mafia's objectives.
And again, it's worth a reminder that for all of Durga's insistence that we not vote jasnah during the day, when the chips were down at EOD she was willing to toss that and vote jasnah out to protect Chaqa.
Yes, I was, why are you so certain he's scum? DO YOU KNOW SOMETHING I DON'T PE

President Eden

#3266 Post by President Eden » Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:25 am

Durga wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:22 am
President Eden wrote:
Vecna wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:28 pm
Checking in very briefly. Took some glimpses at random pages.

Read Prez-eden's big readspost.

Guess I was pretty gone last night. Blame yourself for bringing doubt to my Chaqa read, I guess.

How do you feel about the Jasnah <> Durga thing though? You scumread Durga. Think she's protecting Chaqa. But dont even consider she mightve been defending Jasnah even harder?
She clearly was, but that doesn't make jasnah mafia. (It doesn't make Chaqa mafia either - Chaqa's guilt is, in my mind, very well established by his own behavior, not by Durga's potential intervention.) There are two good reasons for mafia to have taken the stance Durga did RE: jasnah.
1. If jasnah is town then Durga is giving the objectively correct advice on how to handle jasnah's slot, which looks good for her.
2. If jasnah's alignment remains a controversy that sucks all the oxygen out of the room, that diverts hunting away from actual mafia, which achieves mafia's objectives.
And again, it's worth a reminder that for all of Durga's insistence that we not vote jasnah during the day, when the chips were down at EOD she was willing to toss that and vote jasnah out to protect Chaqa.
You’d know if you were doing anything other than ctrl-f your own name to figure out what damage control you need to do :smirk:

Durga

#3267 Post by Durga » Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:25 am

kgray wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:32 pm
Doom427 wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:00 pm
We had votes on WorceJ, and Chaqa, and our dearly departed at EoD. After the cop claim happened, they moved over to Jasnah. Thought-if people hated the Jasnah wagon, why not go WorceJ? Counter thought-I don't have any idea who WorceJ is (sorry, Worce, there's 21 people in this thread, I'm sure you're cool). Just would like to see some response from people who swapped why they did.
I didn't like the jasnah wagon but I ended up voting her over worcej because I wasn't seeing a good case for scum!worcej, and I was getting increasingly suspicious of snowy, who'd presented the largest case on worcej (none of which was convincing to me), and I kind of felt like worcej was just becoming the default counter wagon. In particular, I was worried Durga was looking for a way to save Chaqa, but there were also other people that made me suspicious and I'll have to go back to find them.
You were not worried I was looking for a way to save Chaqa. Please.
ghug wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:36 pm
kgray wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:32 pm
Doom427 wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:00 pm
We had votes on WorceJ, and Chaqa, and our dearly departed at EoD. After the cop claim happened, they moved over to Jasnah. Thought-if people hated the Jasnah wagon, why not go WorceJ? Counter thought-I don't have any idea who WorceJ is (sorry, Worce, there's 21 people in this thread, I'm sure you're cool). Just would like to see some response from people who swapped why they did.
I didn't like the jasnah wagon but I ended up voting her over worcej because I wasn't seeing a good case for scum!worcej, and I was getting increasingly suspicious of snowy, who'd presented the largest case on worcej (none of which was convincing to me), and I kind of felt like worcej was just becoming the default counter wagon. In particular, I was worried Durga was looking for a way to save Chaqa, but there were also other people that made me suspicious and I'll have to go back to find them.
Ok, but if you thought jasnah was town too, why didn't you prefer to kill worcej for shits and giggles?
Town!kgray kills worcej over jasnah and you cannot convince me otherwise

Durga

#3268 Post by Durga » Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:26 am

President Eden wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:25 am
Durga wrote:
President Eden wrote:

You’d know if you were doing anything other than ctrl-f your own name to figure out what damage control you need to do :smirk:
screw off i have never done that i'm reading the whole thread but y'all can't stop talking about me so that's on you.

Bonatogether

#3269 Post by Bonatogether » Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:27 am

Durga wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:26 am
President Eden wrote:
Durga wrote:

screw off i have never done that i'm reading the whole thread but y'all can't stop talking about me so that's on you.
Don't worry, I never talk about you 8-)

Durga

#3270 Post by Durga » Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:33 am

snowy801 wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:31 pm
Fluminator wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:29 pm
I don't think I've ever felt so comfortable and at ease with a ghug day 1 performance. He's probably scum. (This isn't even really a joke)
How do you feel about Eden's take that ghug's on fire and obviously town?
How is Flum comfortable or at ease with that ghug performance to begin with.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3271 Post by ghug » Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:40 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:34 am
Doom427 wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:29 am
ghug wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:18 am

I'm not advocating for an lfischl kill, I'm just quoting the Dead Kennedys.

Though I guess I'm not Gugh either.
You got me off Chaqu, gave you half credit.

And don't know what you're referring to😙🎶
they're a band that old people like ghug like
Kill the poor is timeless art.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3272 Post by ghug » Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:40 am

Durga wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:45 am
Lol wtf why damo
Oh maybe you are scum

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3273 Post by ghug » Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:42 am

Durga wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:05 am
ghug wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:27 am
ghug wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:25 am

I'm not up at 3 AM.
"Hi ghug. I'm happy you don't have the coronavirus. You're clearly town but I might not be." -Nice Durga
do you scum read me or not? or are you scum reading me just enough so that if i ever get day killed you don't look weird on my wagon?
I haven't decided yet.

Durga

#3274 Post by Durga » Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:42 am

ghug wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:27 pm
Fluminator wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:54 pm
kgary are you scum with wocrej?
She's scum with Chaqa. Durga's scum with worcej.
Actually I'm scum with Chaqa and kgraya is scum with worcej.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#3275 Post by kgray » Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:45 am

Durga wrote:
You were not worried I was looking for a way to save Chaqa. Please.
Excuse me? You were clearly looking for a way to save Chaqa. You said you'd rather kill jasnah than Chaqa. You literally said you didn't want to vote Chaqa. You jumped to worcej at bozo's suggestion even though you'd been saying you thought bozo was scummy. You said something about Chaqa doesn't feel scummy, and then you said *to Chaqa* that momentum wasn't with jasnah and asked who he wanted instead. You noticed Eden saying I caught Chaqa slipping and asked where, but didn't follow up on it at all.

You so obviously wanted to save Chaqa. The fact that you aren't just admitting you wanted to save him because you thought he was town is really suspicious.
Town!kgray kills worcej over jasnah and you cannot convince me otherwise
I'm actually pretty offended, but whatever. This is lazy at best.

Durga

#3276 Post by Durga » Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:54 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:26 pm
worcej wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:06 pm
President Eden wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:43 am
I viewed jasnah as by far the best “miss” available if she were in fact town—there were a couple of “utility” reasons to kill her that didn’t depend on her alignment:
• resolving the Miller claims so people could move on, as several players locked into that issue and didn’t do much of anything else;
• ensuring we didn’t vote a potentially productive player out, as for whatever merits jasnah may have as an individual player, she played very counterproductively for town as a team.

None of that has anything to do with her alignment, so we looked for better shots and found a good one in Chaqa.
I think it's a slight mistake to consider the miller claim completely resolved. I don't think we have a consensus of truly believing Bunny yet.
Are you suggesting you think Jasnah was really the Miller?
Isn't worcej the one who immediately scum read jasnah the second bunny claimed. But maybe he means there isn't a consensus between everyone in town, although I can't think of anyone who is rejecting his claim at this point???
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:34 pm
Jamie T: I notice that Worcej did actually defend himself, and he seemed somewhat town!Worcej in the way he did so.

Worcej: Fucking bullshit!
Lol stop being funny it makes me scum read you
Vecna wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:32 pm
so, whats happening here?
I think Vecna has done the "i'm clueless" thing several times at this point and it's getting a bit sus

Durga

#3277 Post by Durga » Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:00 am

kgray wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:08 pm
Well I guess I really am good at reading you, damo! Sorry you died :(

I agree with everything Eden has just said, and I think they RB'd damo so Chaqa could claim it.

##vote chaqa
Are you serious? You want to off Chaqa without a cc? Why? Damo didn't even shade Chaqa for claiming cop so damo obv wasn't cop??

Durga

#3278 Post by Durga » Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:01 am

President Eden wrote:
I can't prove it at all but I've been suspecting (and said as much to DemonRHK to tell the god thread) that damo was the Cop and I was his n0 scan. You'll recall that he repeatedly declared me obvtown, including quite early, and when Durga questioned it, he didn't have the most ironclad reasoning for it, but stuck to it.
Why would he not shade chaqa at all if that was the case. Heck, he even said he wanted to daykill someone on the worcej wagon next. That does not strike me as "someone just fake claimed my role, fuck"

Durga

#3279 Post by Durga » Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:03 am

snowy801 wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:09 pm
President Eden wrote:
I can't prove it at all but I've been suspecting (and said as much to DemonRHK to tell the god thread) that damo was the Cop and I was his n0 scan. You'll recall that he repeatedly declared me obvtown, including quite early, and when Durga questioned it, he didn't have the most ironclad reasoning for it, but stuck to it.
I was with you, that's why I tried to shut down Durga questioning damo's obvtown.
You tried to shut it down? When? How? You thought damo was cop and had a scan on PE......? What? Why would you think damo was cop?

I understand PE's reasoning on why he thought damo was cop d1. I cannot see why you would think damo was the cop.

Durga

#3280 Post by Durga » Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:06 am

President Eden wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:14 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:12 pm
President Eden wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:05 pm
I guess I'm not the only one who saw it :(

##VOTE Chaqa
Saw what?
I clarified, and you might already have seen it by the time you read this, but I suspected damo was Cop when, after Durga questioned his "obvious town" read on me, he doubled down on it without giving any real reasoning. I even DMed DemonRHK to tell the god thread lol.
I believe that you thought this. And I believe that you might be town for revealing this (maybe). Or maybe it's the RHK part that makes me feel you're town. I just don't think it's correct given how damo treated Chaqa at night.