M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#1961 Post by kgray » Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:11 pm

ghug wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:09 pm
kgray wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:27 pm
I don't really like jasnah as a wagon. I can't see any reason for her to do what she did as scum. It doesn't make much sense as town either, but I think scum are less likely to make plays that draw that much negative attention and votes to themselves. I disliked that ghug implied it's an NAI bad play.

I don't understand the Flum wagon. I think his nonsense is just Flum being Flum, and not scummy. I kind of expected Durga to shoot it down more than she did.

I do think ghug's entrance to the game was scummy, but I can't remember a time that I've been town and haven't suspected him D1 after my first game with him.

I'd love to vote Eden because I think the way he dismissed my questioning of him as 'bad faith' was pretty terrible (and whether he's a dick or scum is tbd) and he never explained why he was changing his mind about Durga, but 1) I don't want to interact with him anymore and 2) people I trust are townreading him.

I'm pretty convinced Bunny is the Miller and disagree that he should be killed just because he's part of a CC battle.

I think TFB is being very calculated but maybe that's just his personality and not him watching what he says because he's scum.
What was scummy about my entrance to the game?
How serious you were and the response you had when I called it out.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1962 Post by Chaqa » Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:12 pm

Durga wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:08 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:04 pm
Durga wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:52 pm
Jasnah would be a real waste of a d1 vote let's not do that and hope they get replaced out. If she does the same bs next day then we kill her.
Dislike this take a lot. Sounds like covering for a teammate that messed up.
For someone who's played more mafia games than they can count you really haven't learned too much eh
Considering I've been one of the key players in the last several games I didn't get Day 1'd, I don't care about your opinion on my skill level.

Jamiet99uk

#1963 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:12 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:56 pm
My issue is that as this is a no-flip game, we will never know if Bunny is Miller if/when he dies. Likewise for jasnah. If we flip jasnah, at some point the JOAT can autopsy or the Oracle can reveal, and then we will get two people's roles/alignments for one, basically.

If jasnah comes up as Miller -> Bunny is scum
If jasnah comes up as scum -> Bunny is Miller
If jasnah comes up as town -> Bunny is Miller

See the value?

Additionally, two hardclaims cannot exist independently. This is a big issue for me and I'm surprised others aren't making a big deal out of it. Egos, mostly.

It's possible jasnah is town doing this, but I can't see any reason for town!jasnah to fake hardclaim Miller and I can't see any reason for scum!Bunny or nonMillerTown!Bunnyt to counterclaim.

This means Bunny must be Miller and jasnah is probably scum, to me at least.
Yes.
This signature is hard to read in dark mode.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1964 Post by ghug » Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:13 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:42 pm
I'm just not able to ignore that we have two competing hardclaims of Miller.

One of them has to go.

I strongly believe Bunny is the real Miller, so jasnah is the only person I will vote today at this point.

Might be the simplistic view of it, but i think getting too fancy and letting this drag on til later in the game when we can't afford to sort it out is dangerous. We don't always need to pull off some 10,000 IQ play. This is the logically correct choice.
##VOTE Chaqa

Scum Chaqa hides behind black and white views ("everyone on the D1 scum wagon must be town"). Town Chaqa understands nuance.

BunnyGo

#1965 Post by BunnyGo » Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:14 pm

ghug wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:13 pm
Chaqa wrote:

One of them has to go.

I strongly believe Bunny is the real Miller, so jasnah is the only person I will vote today at this point.

Might be the simplistic view of it, but i think getting too fancy and letting this drag on til later in the game when we can't afford to sort it out is dangerous. We don't always need to pull off some 10,000 IQ play. This is the logically correct choice.
##VOTE Chaqa

Scum Chaqa hides behind black and white views ("everyone on the D1 scum wagon must be town"). Town Chaqa understands nuance.
This is your "strong tell" that you were waiting on?

Jamiet99uk

#1966 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:14 pm

Durga wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:02 pm
Wtf why is bozo on flum lol
Bozo voted for "FlyingFluminator" so I'm not sure which of them he meant or whether he was just fucking around.

It's not like Bozo to fuck around.

Durga

#1967 Post by Durga » Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:15 pm

ghug wrote:
Chaqa wrote:

One of them has to go.

##VOTE Chaqa

How confident are you on the last statement there

Durga

#1968 Post by Durga » Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:15 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:14 pm
Durga wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:02 pm
Wtf why is bozo on flum lol
Bozo voted for "FlyingFluminator" so I'm not sure which of them he meant or whether he was just fucking around.

It's not like Bozo to fuck around.
Yeah bozo sus should be wagon

##vote bozo

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1969 Post by ghug » Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:15 pm

kgray wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:49 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
BesharamSabi wrote:

What does townslipped mean (is that good or bad)
He's suggesting that you've said something that a player on the scum team wouldn't think to say and in a way that they wouldn't think to phrase it.

So that you've "slipped" to us that you're on the town team.

They are easy enough to fake, but he's suggesting that he doesn't think you did.
So my instinct is that scum are more likely to be quick to give people townclear status based on this kind of thing. Do you agree with that in general and do you think Chaqa is doing that here?
It kinda pinged me too, but ultimately I'm the sort of person who gets convinced by little townslips that nobody wants to take as seriously too, so it's not a slam dunk. Vote him for my reason.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1970 Post by Chaqa » Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:15 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:10 pm
Fluminator wrote:
Bunny, what do you think the motive for Jasnah claiming miller was?
I'm entirely not sure. She could be scum making a big brain play (never seen her as scum). She could be town trying to DO SOMETHING. But what that something is, I don't know.

Maybe she thought she was clearing herself because scum wouldn't do that?

I find jasnah very hard to read, because on the one hand she is very clever and logical. On the other hand, she has a real temper which prevents her from playing things well sometimes; she'd rather throw for some sense of justice than win. She also has low opinions of most other people (many of us did/do/will). Put this all together and I just expect her to DO STUFF and then blame others when it doesn't work, and be elated when it does. But I don't claim to be able to say what her plans are.
This meshes with my view of jasnah from the one or two mafia games we played together previously. I found her to be one of my least favorite people to play with. At best we're flipping a mafia. At worst we're flipping a destructive town member whose ego and bullheadedness will keep from being useful to catching mafia.

President Eden

#1971 Post by President Eden » Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:16 pm

Vecna wrote:
kgray wrote:
I don't really like jasnah as a wagon. I can't see any reason for her to do what she did as scum. It doesn't make much sense as town either, but I think scum are less likely to make plays that draw that much negative attention and votes to themselves. I disliked that ghug implied it's an NAI bad play.

I don't understand the Flum wagon. I think his nonsense is just Flum being Flum, and not scummy. I kind of expected Durga to shoot it down more than she did.

I do think ghug's entrance to the game was scummy, but I can't remember a time that I've been town and haven't suspected him D1 after my first game with him.

I'd love to vote Eden because I think the way he dismissed my questioning of him as 'bad faith' was pretty terrible (and whether he's a dick or scum is tbd) and he never explained why he was changing his mind about Durga, but 1) I don't want to interact with him anymore and 2) people I trust are townreading him.

I'm pretty convinced Bunny is the Miller and disagree that he should be killed just because he's part of a CC battle.

I think TFB is being very calculated but maybe that's just his personality and not him watching what he says because he's scum.
who do you actually trust that has stated they townread him?

Eden is saying all the logical things, but tonally he still feels like he is pulling a rug out from under a perfectly nice penguin population.
Guarantee if you were GMing this game you would be posting in god thread about how my analysis couldn't possibly come from scum. :lol:

Fluminator

#1972 Post by Fluminator » Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:16 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:07 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:22 pm
Fluminator wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:20 pm

Multilayered gambit with a lot of moving parts to help me catch scum.
Which scum have you caught?

Bozo?
@Fluminator: Answer please. Which scum have you caught? Bozo?
One of the reasons I don't like giving reasons early on is it gives up what I'm looking for.

Bozo my way of reading him is usually seeing how paranoid he is of being buddied. He's super paranoid of that as town in my experience, and he hasn't seemed to care about it this game. (Although he's apparently voting me so maybe he is? I still kind of assumed that vote was a joke). He's really not playing how I expect in other areas, but he's probably the person I read the worst so I usually don't like making strong opinions on him.

I think I might be on to you because I notice you're going for a lot of low hanging uncontroversial fruit which is usually your M/O as scum. I was suprised to see how many posts you have because you haven't stood out.
But I've wrongly scumread you once so I'm a little more gunshy on you too. But I think you should at least be wagoned at this point.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1973 Post by Chaqa » Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:16 pm

ghug wrote:
Chaqa wrote:

One of them has to go.

##VOTE Chaqa

The nuance is that yes, jasnah could be town, but it's still the best Day 1 option we have.

BesharamSabi

#1974 Post by BesharamSabi » Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:17 pm

President Eden wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:16 pm
Vecna wrote:
kgray wrote:

Eden is saying all the logical things, but tonally he still feels like he is pulling a rug out from under a perfectly nice penguin population.
Guarantee if you were GMing this game you would be posting in god thread about how my analysis couldn't possibly come from scum. :lol:
At this point I just want to die so I can see God tier and see how wrong or right people are about their analysis. Seems way more fun spectating than playing.

Durga

#1975 Post by Durga » Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:17 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:15 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Fluminator wrote:
Bunny, what do you think the motive for Jasnah claiming miller was?
I'm entirely not sure. She could be scum making a big brain play (never seen her as scum). She could be town trying to DO SOMETHING. But what that something is, I don't know.

Maybe she thought she was clearing herself because scum wouldn't do that?

I find jasnah very hard to read, because on the one hand she is very clever and logical. On the other hand, she has a real temper which prevents her from playing things well sometimes; she'd rather throw for some sense of justice than win. She also has low opinions of most other people (many of us did/do/will). Put this all together and I just expect her to DO STUFF and then blame others when it doesn't work, and be elated when it does. But I don't claim to be able to say what her plans are.
This meshes with my view of jasnah from the one or two mafia games we played together previously. I found her to be one of my least favorite people to play with. At best we're flipping a mafia. At worst we're flipping a destructive town member whose ego and bullheadedness will keep from being useful to catching mafia.
Oh that's why you're so keen on flipping jasnah. I can sympathize with that since I also often am tempted to flip people based on how much they irritate me.

President Eden

#1976 Post by President Eden » Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:18 pm

ghug wrote:
Chaqa wrote:

One of them has to go.

##VOTE Chaqa

This is a Chaqa heuristic I can get behind, he's that way in Among Us as well.

Welcome to the town pile, there are drinks in the back

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1977 Post by kgray » Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:19 pm

Vecna wrote:
kgray wrote:

Snowy and Bunny

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1978 Post by ghug » Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:19 pm

kgray wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:58 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:52 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:48 pm

Why do you think they were voting him in the first place?

What do you think motivated people to vote me before I claimed?
So I think his weird gambit of fake voting tfb which led to votes for himself was odd. People have complained that his erratic behavior has been hard to read. Is it he like thisin every game or is this a one off behavior... I'm trying to see if there's a pattern or not.
fwiw Flum is the trolliest player I know and I don't think the fake voting of tfb is in any way alignment indicative.
I'm going to loudly second mini-me here.

snowy801

#1979 Post by snowy801 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:19 pm

President Eden wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:47 pm
Lmao nice. Does the bot just read the first couple of letters and go with it?

##VOTE jasnah
As I understand it we're all given a three letter "key" (which you can see in the bot under Reader Key - Vote Tracker section. I definitely remember two people with the first three letters whose key was distinguished for this reason, and I'm pretty sure GMs can manipulate the key if they wanted to too.

Under these conditions I would wager that if a player's first letter is uncontested even a single letter would be enough to vote for someone, as such:

##vote f

Jamiet99uk

#1980 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:19 pm

President Eden wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:47 pm
Lmao nice. Does the bot just read the first couple of letters and go with it?

##VOTE jasnah
No, it has various nicknames and things coded into it though, so for you it's picking up on "vote PE" because some people would vote for you like that.