M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
snowy801

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#2761 Post by snowy801 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:40 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:38 pm
damo666 wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:20 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:24 pm

Yes, that was me. Was this a significant issue?
Nope. Just wondered why snowy thought it was me.
I couldn't actually see where Snowy accused you of it.
I didn't, he confused another post

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#2762 Post by kgray » Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:40 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:15 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:03 pm
kgray wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:02 pm
I have updated my D1 no-kill list, btw. Bona has replaced Bozo. Durga is still there for reasons.
sweet

why?
For kgray. Search bona* saying durg* and it’s the first hit.
Uh yeah but this isn't 'who could be scum' it's 'who do I not want to kill D1'

Jamiet99uk

#2763 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:40 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:31 pm

I didn't see Chaqa's claim when I called for a Flum flash

@Jamiet how do you feel about the content of his defenses? Rdrivera seemed to think it was towny enough
The content of Chaqa's defences? Or do you mean Worcej?
This signature is hard to read in dark mode.

snowy801

#2764 Post by snowy801 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:40 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:40 pm
snowy801 wrote:

@Jamiet how do you feel about the content of his defenses? Rdrivera seemed to think it was towny enough
I meant worcej

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#2765 Post by kgray » Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:41 pm

ghug wrote:
kgray wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:55 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:46 pm

Anywho…that was a thing. Time to go digging for scum theater. Need to put whole teams together.
Hi ghug
Wtf
What? Bunny told me to say hi to you.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2766 Post by ghug » Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:44 pm

kgray wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:41 pm
ghug wrote:
kgray wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:55 pm

Hi ghug
Wtf
Oh he did? I thought you were comparing him to me.

damo666

#2767 Post by damo666 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:44 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
damo666 wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:20 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:24 pm

Yes, that was me. Was this a significant issue?
Nope. Just wondered why snowy thought it was me.
I couldn't actually see where Snowy accused you of it.
The 'yikes'. Apparently I misinterpreted. Unimportant.

Jamiet99uk

#2768 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:44 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:
snowy801 wrote:

I meant worcej
Worcej's defences seemed somewhat resonant of town!worcej, to be honest. Worcej does tend to get grumpy and start using the F-word when he feels he is being misunderstood or criticised unfairly. Problem is, that's not very alignment indicative because it's the sort of thing you could fake.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#2769 Post by kgray » Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:44 pm

ghug wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:36 pm
kgray wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:32 pm
Doom427 wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:00 pm
We had votes on WorceJ, and Chaqa, and our dearly departed at EoD. After the cop claim happened, they moved over to Jasnah. Thought-if people hated the Jasnah wagon, why not go WorceJ? Counter thought-I don't have any idea who WorceJ is (sorry, Worce, there's 21 people in this thread, I'm sure you're cool). Just would like to see some response from people who swapped why they did.
I didn't like the jasnah wagon but I ended up voting her over worcej because I wasn't seeing a good case for scum!worcej, and I was getting increasingly suspicious of snowy, who'd presented the largest case on worcej (none of which was convincing to me), and I kind of felt like worcej was just becoming the default counter wagon. In particular, I was worried Durga was looking for a way to save Chaqa, but there were also other people that made me suspicious and I'll have to go back to find them.
Ok, but if you thought jasnah was town too, why didn't you prefer to kill worcej for shits and giggles?
idk it just didn't feel right

Jamiet99uk

#2770 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:44 pm

Hi, Bing[bot]

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#2771 Post by kgray » Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:45 pm

ghug wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:44 pm
kgray wrote:
ghug wrote:

Wtf
No it's the user id thing that you mentioned. I noticed this one.

BunnyGo

#2772 Post by BunnyGo » Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:46 pm

kgray wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:12 pm
kgray wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:09 pm

Why'd you start with Bona and Durga?
I started with a player I had a scumlean on (bona) and looked for players he didn’t have interactions with. Durga hit first (alphabetically) in a big way.
Well tbh Bunny it seems like quite a coincidence. I am curious if you picked two other random people you could come to similar conclusions.
I was wondering that too. Which is why I wasn’t ready to say “SCUMMY!!!”

A quick glance said the other active players interacted more. But I’m sure I can find other pairs.

snowy801

#2773 Post by snowy801 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:49 pm

Why do you remove user links from quotes?

Jamiet99uk

Re: M70 - THE DAMO-SNOWY CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#2774 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:51 pm

Snowbolio wrote: Why do you remove user links from quotes?
It's a pretty weird thing to do but it's hardly alignment indicative, surely?

snowy801

#2775 Post by snowy801 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:52 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:51 pm
Who cares about Bunny's alignment anymore I'm just curious

Jamiet99uk

#2776 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:54 pm

Abominable Snowman wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:52 pm
Jamie The T wrote:
I assume we know what Bunny's alignment is.

President Eden

#2777 Post by President Eden » Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:55 pm

kgray wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:23 pm
President Eden wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:24 am
i'm gonna be honest, i'm pretty sure jasnah was town, so i think we're looking for 4 mafia still.

BesharamSabi
town; effort, conviction, no awkwardness, a little bit of silliness with the self-voting

Bonatogether
town; effort, good observations, pushes with some conviction. rationale for switching to chaqa near eod was pretty odd, but only really aligns with town perspectives; no one would fault him for copy-pasting ghug's or kgray's argument or claiming a gut read + trusting his town reads, so as mafia there's no real need to manufacture some information-based argument when he could sheep existing arguments that directly call chaqa mafia instead.

bozotheclown
on the periphery, but insightful questions and observations when he is around. technically null, but i think he's town

BunnyGo
miller; and doing a great job creating a cohesive pro-town environment in any case. sad that he almost certainly leaves us in 15 hours.

Chaqa
i am going to have a really hard time voting anybody else tomorrow

damo666
see bozo basically, town

Doom427
see sabi basically, minus the self-voting part, town

Durga
i think she's mafia but i get why people wouldn't really buy it. chaqa comes up a ton in her iso, but there's very little direct interaction, and the most interesting example of it, to me, is direct coordination on a viable counterwagon to... him. and while she's careful to throw some shade his way and not to be too buddy-buddy, when the chips are down near EOD she decides that jasnah, who she describes as "obviously town" for most of the day, is a better kill than him. seems like mafia teammates to me.
none of this is stuff that can't also come from town, and of course if chaqa is town then a lot of this doesn't matter. but in a no-flip game, it strikes me that we might need to trust our instincts on these types of things, as we won't be able to verify that chaqa is mafia and then decide how to handle durga. chaqa is extremely suspicious and if he is mafia, durga's behavior is suspicious as well.

Fluminator
feels like he's mostly just been around without making a big impact, but i dig his post on pg 99 to jamie. i'm pretty sure he straight up whiffed on eod1, but he did say that he was operating under the premise that chaqa was cop, which chaqa has retracted. so it'll be interesting to see how he reassesses in light of that. i feel like i'm supposed to townread him here and i can't tell you why i'm hesitant or would be hesitant, so i guess take it as a town read, but lacking the same conviction as some of the previous ones.

ghug
i have never been so hype for a ghug game in my life, this guy is on fire, town

Jamiet99uk
i guess i should townread flum if i'm going to steal his point... i'm shocked jamie has 140 posts. a quick reread didn't really show me anything powerful or compelling either. lots of correct but ultimately not very deep observations, many of which cover no novel ground. and he wasn't around at eod, which was a pretty revealing time. none of that means he has to be mafia obviously, but none of it makes him town either. technically null, but in a way that's suspicious, if that makes sense

kgray
clear town. had some killer posts to close out the day including nailing chaqa. i read too far into not liking her questioning style, clearly a matter of playstyle and not alignment.

lfischl
basically jamie, minus 100 posts. chimed in on a lot of random things without much conviction or new insight. i'm aware he's newer and maybe it's unfair to put a lot of expectation on him to do a bunch, but compare the investment in finding the answers to fellow newer players sabi and doom and the contrast is stark. like jamie, technically null, but in a way that's suspicious

rdrivera2005
town; low posting volume but high quality content in it, very engaging when he's around.

snowy801
town, doing usual town snowy things. lots of energy and engagement, constantly driving at sorting alignments, good votes.

TheFlyingBoat
town enough, copy paste snowy description, i'm kind of fading now so sorry if this is getting low quality

Tom Bombadil
similar to bozo, on the periphery but insightful when present. technically null but i'm thinking more likely town than not. would like to see more though.

Vecna
his eod sucked. i feel like i'm cribbing this observation from someone so claim it if it's yours. he was very invested in protecting worcej. calls chaqa wagon glorious, says he thought chaqa effectively claimed mafia, never votes chaqa. starts wanting to vote ghug when ghug was at his towniest this game. would be pretty inexcusable absent alcohol and i am not sure i'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt on that...
tough slot to read because up until eod he seemed like normal town vecna, his body of work looks fine, typical activity and engagement and such, but his eod was not good. logically i think i'm supposed to townread him overall, but intuitively something is amiss and i'm not gonna. null

worcej
i liked his early constructive posting about the setup and optimal strategy, but as the game progressed to real reads i got the sense that he was mailing things in a bit. i understand there's some past history between him and a few players in here and maybe he is deliberately not naming names to minimize the pot-stirring, but there's a lot of what look like veiled shots at ghug, durga and kgray that sort of pass for reads but don't really go the distance. he seemed a bit too content to kill jasnah and move on, and while i don't think that was the worst plan, i think an important part of "move on" is to hunt for the next targets, and that aspect of his game felt lacking as the day wound down. lots of shading his wagon which, to be fair, i don't think was the best wagon, but not a lot of concrete application or clear direction.
i'm going with a null here for now. and like jamie etc., that null is probably revealing.

summary

town: sabi, bona, bunny, damo, doom, ghug, kgray, rivera, snowy, boat
good null: bozo, flum, tom
idk null: vecna
bad null: jamie, lfischl, worcej
mafia: chaqa, durga
You think damo is the same as bozo in terms of insightful questions and observations?

I'd really like to know about all the times Durga 'slipped' that she knows too much information.

In what world is ghug on fire? How can you be so positive of his alignment and not give any concrete reasons for your read?

I do get your issue with Vecna supporting Chaqa's wagon but not voting there, but tbh his EODs often suck and I've seen him invested in protecting his D1 townreads all the time. I don't think there's necessarily a scum connection with worcej.

And Tom... wtf is this Tom townread? lmao
damo - qualitatively yes, i'd describe rivera as similar too. damo has a lower density of them, partly due to posting more, so they're not 'the same' but in the same grouping to me

durga - still think there was something to her comment about jasnah's claim and alignment. it's really hard to explain if you weren't there for it, but it was quite jarring in the moment - if you reread around when she said it there's like six people who all had some variant on "wtf" as a reaction lol.
admittedly, i have mostly disregarded the rest as tonal/posting style difference and not really alignment indicative, which is why i didn't bring it up. i had for a time dropped her to null before EOD and reviewing, which is why my argument for her being mafia stems from her interactions with chaqa (which i didn't notice in detail until rereading) and her EOD moves.

ghug - well he was right on chaqa, if chaqa is indeed mafia, and was the first one in my memory to have made a good argument for why (the lack of nuance in his take on the miller claims and lack of interest in finding better things to do). i also remember him prodding people not to be complacent with voting based on the miller claims (he called me out a couple times for just throwing my hands up and voting jasnah), which looks great if indeed jasnah is town as i am suspecting.

vecna - i agree, i think there's at most one mafia between him and worcej, and i think there are plausible explanations that make both of them town. i really don't want to give him a pass for it, for instance, but "i was drunk" is unarguably a plausible explanation for someone acting erratically all of a sudden lol. they're both people to keep eyes on but i feel much less confident about them than durga and chaqa

tom - idk man, gut says town, i recognize objectively i can't justify it. maybe he should be true null. he is definitely my weakest of the good nulls, which makes him the... 13th strongest townread? out of a theoretical 15 town alive besides me? that's not high praise lol.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2778 Post by ghug » Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:58 pm

kgray wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:45 pm
ghug wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:44 pm
kgray wrote:

No it's the user id thing that you mentioned. I noticed this one.
Ahh. If he weren't town, I'd be pretty sketched out by that shit.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2779 Post by ghug » Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:59 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:52 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
He's putting "clever" little messages in there.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2780 Post by Chaqa » Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:08 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:59 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:00 pm
Sorry worc if you’re town
What was this comment for, Chaqa?
I thought Worcej had more votes than jasnah