M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
damo666

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#2741 Post by damo666 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:20 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:24 pm
damo666 wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:09 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:56 am

Lots of people ran around flashwagoning. Maybe somebody can get a signal from that noise.
Snowy falsely accused me of posting a Windy Miller clip. I haven't checked but I'd be amazed if it wasn't Jamie.

I doubt anyone outside UK will understand Windy Miller reference.
Yes, that was me. Was this a significant issue?
Nope. Just wondered why snowy thought it was me.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#2742 Post by kgray » Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:23 pm

President Eden wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:24 am
i'm gonna be honest, i'm pretty sure jasnah was town, so i think we're looking for 4 mafia still.

BesharamSabi
town; effort, conviction, no awkwardness, a little bit of silliness with the self-voting

Bonatogether
town; effort, good observations, pushes with some conviction. rationale for switching to chaqa near eod was pretty odd, but only really aligns with town perspectives; no one would fault him for copy-pasting ghug's or kgray's argument or claiming a gut read + trusting his town reads, so as mafia there's no real need to manufacture some information-based argument when he could sheep existing arguments that directly call chaqa mafia instead.

bozotheclown
on the periphery, but insightful questions and observations when he is around. technically null, but i think he's town

BunnyGo
miller; and doing a great job creating a cohesive pro-town environment in any case. sad that he almost certainly leaves us in 15 hours.

Chaqa
i am going to have a really hard time voting anybody else tomorrow

damo666
see bozo basically, town

Doom427
see sabi basically, minus the self-voting part, town

Durga
i think she's mafia but i get why people wouldn't really buy it. chaqa comes up a ton in her iso, but there's very little direct interaction, and the most interesting example of it, to me, is direct coordination on a viable counterwagon to... him. and while she's careful to throw some shade his way and not to be too buddy-buddy, when the chips are down near EOD she decides that jasnah, who she describes as "obviously town" for most of the day, is a better kill than him. seems like mafia teammates to me.
none of this is stuff that can't also come from town, and of course if chaqa is town then a lot of this doesn't matter. but in a no-flip game, it strikes me that we might need to trust our instincts on these types of things, as we won't be able to verify that chaqa is mafia and then decide how to handle durga. chaqa is extremely suspicious and if he is mafia, durga's behavior is suspicious as well.

Fluminator
feels like he's mostly just been around without making a big impact, but i dig his post on pg 99 to jamie. i'm pretty sure he straight up whiffed on eod1, but he did say that he was operating under the premise that chaqa was cop, which chaqa has retracted. so it'll be interesting to see how he reassesses in light of that. i feel like i'm supposed to townread him here and i can't tell you why i'm hesitant or would be hesitant, so i guess take it as a town read, but lacking the same conviction as some of the previous ones.

ghug
i have never been so hype for a ghug game in my life, this guy is on fire, town

Jamiet99uk
i guess i should townread flum if i'm going to steal his point... i'm shocked jamie has 140 posts. a quick reread didn't really show me anything powerful or compelling either. lots of correct but ultimately not very deep observations, many of which cover no novel ground. and he wasn't around at eod, which was a pretty revealing time. none of that means he has to be mafia obviously, but none of it makes him town either. technically null, but in a way that's suspicious, if that makes sense

kgray
clear town. had some killer posts to close out the day including nailing chaqa. i read too far into not liking her questioning style, clearly a matter of playstyle and not alignment.

lfischl
basically jamie, minus 100 posts. chimed in on a lot of random things without much conviction or new insight. i'm aware he's newer and maybe it's unfair to put a lot of expectation on him to do a bunch, but compare the investment in finding the answers to fellow newer players sabi and doom and the contrast is stark. like jamie, technically null, but in a way that's suspicious

rdrivera2005
town; low posting volume but high quality content in it, very engaging when he's around.

snowy801
town, doing usual town snowy things. lots of energy and engagement, constantly driving at sorting alignments, good votes.

TheFlyingBoat
town enough, copy paste snowy description, i'm kind of fading now so sorry if this is getting low quality

Tom Bombadil
similar to bozo, on the periphery but insightful when present. technically null but i'm thinking more likely town than not. would like to see more though.

Vecna
his eod sucked. i feel like i'm cribbing this observation from someone so claim it if it's yours. he was very invested in protecting worcej. calls chaqa wagon glorious, says he thought chaqa effectively claimed mafia, never votes chaqa. starts wanting to vote ghug when ghug was at his towniest this game. would be pretty inexcusable absent alcohol and i am not sure i'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt on that...
tough slot to read because up until eod he seemed like normal town vecna, his body of work looks fine, typical activity and engagement and such, but his eod was not good. logically i think i'm supposed to townread him overall, but intuitively something is amiss and i'm not gonna. null

worcej
i liked his early constructive posting about the setup and optimal strategy, but as the game progressed to real reads i got the sense that he was mailing things in a bit. i understand there's some past history between him and a few players in here and maybe he is deliberately not naming names to minimize the pot-stirring, but there's a lot of what look like veiled shots at ghug, durga and kgray that sort of pass for reads but don't really go the distance. he seemed a bit too content to kill jasnah and move on, and while i don't think that was the worst plan, i think an important part of "move on" is to hunt for the next targets, and that aspect of his game felt lacking as the day wound down. lots of shading his wagon which, to be fair, i don't think was the best wagon, but not a lot of concrete application or clear direction.
i'm going with a null here for now. and like jamie etc., that null is probably revealing.

summary

town: sabi, bona, bunny, damo, doom, ghug, kgray, rivera, snowy, boat
good null: bozo, flum, tom
idk null: vecna
bad null: jamie, lfischl, worcej
mafia: chaqa, durga
You think damo is the same as bozo in terms of insightful questions and observations?

I'd really like to know about all the times Durga 'slipped' that she knows too much information.

In what world is ghug on fire? How can you be so positive of his alignment and not give any concrete reasons for your read?

I do get your issue with Vecna supporting Chaqa's wagon but not voting there, but tbh his EODs often suck and I've seen him invested in protecting his D1 townreads all the time. I don't think there's necessarily a scum connection with worcej.

And Tom... wtf is this Tom townread? lmao

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2743 Post by ghug » Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:29 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:30 pm
kgray wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:40 pm
ghug wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:37 pm

Ok consider my vote to be also on Jamie.
You're so annoying
@Ghug could you explain these antics, please?
I did so at the time

snowy801

#2744 Post by snowy801 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:31 pm

It's an interesting discussion, Eden's, just a little weird it happened at 4am and mid-night1

I didn't accuse you of that damo, just of the thing kgray mentioned

I didn't see Chaqa's claim when I called for a Flum flash

@Jamiet how do you feel about the content of his defenses? Rdrivera seemed to think it was towny enough

@Kgray I scum read bona for it, but looking back it seems there's potentially a good number of names and deeds that I've crossed in my mind. I don't think I've ever played a game where I couldn't feasibly get in a non-ISO reread

And good morning (afternoon I guess, but let's pretend I live elsewhere) folks

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2745 Post by ghug » Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:31 pm

kgray wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:55 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:46 pm
ghug wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:42 pm

Yes, we will definitely kill Chaqa D2 if he doesn't die N1. He's not even worth roleblocking, since we'll assume he was scum and not trust his scans.
Anywho…that was a thing. Time to go digging for scum theater. Need to put whole teams together.
Hi ghug
Wtf

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#2746 Post by kgray » Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:32 pm

Doom427 wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:00 pm
We had votes on WorceJ, and Chaqa, and our dearly departed at EoD. After the cop claim happened, they moved over to Jasnah. Thought-if people hated the Jasnah wagon, why not go WorceJ? Counter thought-I don't have any idea who WorceJ is (sorry, Worce, there's 21 people in this thread, I'm sure you're cool). Just would like to see some response from people who swapped why they did.
I didn't like the jasnah wagon but I ended up voting her over worcej because I wasn't seeing a good case for scum!worcej, and I was getting increasingly suspicious of snowy, who'd presented the largest case on worcej (none of which was convincing to me), and I kind of felt like worcej was just becoming the default counter wagon. In particular, I was worried Durga was looking for a way to save Chaqa, but there were also other people that made me suspicious and I'll have to go back to find them.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#2747 Post by kgray » Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:32 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:16 pm
Can’t look now, but I remember being pinged at the time by someone voting Flum after chaqa claimed. This is very weird as they believed Chaq enough to not vote him, but not enough to believe his VT clear.
snowy iirc

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2748 Post by ghug » Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:32 pm

President Eden wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:02 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:47 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:17 pm

What is a reverse mafia game? The town team has a night chat?
The Mafia was the majority:

5 Town:
2x Masons
1x Tracker
1x Quartermaster
1x Vigilante

12 Mafia:
1x Fabricator
1x Ninja
1x Stalker
9x Traitors

Third Party:
2x Cult Leaders
That is heinous :lol: :lol: :lol:
ND did an even worse job running it than he usually does.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2749 Post by ghug » Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:33 pm

kgray wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:07 pm
ghug wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:10 am
worcej wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:56 pm
Cell phone posting issues when under time constraints.

My main reads have been spread in throughout my posts, but I am not liking snowy primarily because he had quite a few people he would be willing to flip D1 and showed no restraint in pushing those people.

I am kinda meh on Jaime so far, mostly because of lack of energy or contributing and is instead coming off as catching up too much compared to normal.

I’ve beat a dead horse on Durga - My first gut is to town her but when I write that I struggle to see any real town!Durga tells. She also falls into the snowy camp where she had far to many people willing to kill on D1 than I feel comfortable processing.

I said my short piece on Sabi. In general, I am getting the Flavius vibe from Sabi - playing stupid and acting it up to hide they are scum.

Otherwise, I currently hard-town Vecna, Eden, Bunny, Doom, and you kgray. Chaqa would be on this list, but like jasnah, I am now a little pissy at the anti-town behavior to issue ‘potential’ fake claims just to live. We’ve seen this blow up in people’s face far too often.
Why is showing no restraint scummy?
Do you agree that snowy showed no restraint?
No, he didn't feel especially aggressive to me. I was gonna get to that next but then I got very drunk.

damo666

#2750 Post by damo666 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:33 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:31 pm
It's an interesting discussion, Eden's, just a little weird it happened at 4am and mid-night1

@Jamiet how do you feel about the content of his defenses? Rdrivera seemed to think it was towny enough

@Kgray I scum read bona for it, but looking back it seems there's potentially a good number of names and deeds that I've crossed in my mind. I don't think I've ever played a game where I couldn't feasibly get in a non-ISO reread

What thing?

damo666

#2751 Post by damo666 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:34 pm

kgray wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:32 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Can’t look now, but I remember being pinged at the time by someone voting Flum after chaqa claimed. This is very weird as they believed Chaq enough to not vote him, but not enough to believe his VT clear.
snowy iirc
I assumed that vote was made before reading Chaqa's claim.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#2752 Post by kgray » Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:35 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:41 pm
Having just skimmed the last game I was in with Durga, she was scum and I was a crappy PR. Very similar to this. And she played very similarly. So I’m bumping her up a little more in my scum read. Will try to provide quotes and summary from bot later (still on mobile) but people can search the bot for old games in the same search location just change the game searching.
Are you talking about that one where I was a jailer and almost killed you because you crumbed a different PR to the one you were (lol)?

Because I don't think Durga is playing similarly to that game at all...

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2753 Post by ghug » Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:36 pm

kgray wrote:
Doom427 wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:00 pm
We had votes on WorceJ, and Chaqa, and our dearly departed at EoD. After the cop claim happened, they moved over to Jasnah. Thought-if people hated the Jasnah wagon, why not go WorceJ? Counter thought-I don't have any idea who WorceJ is (sorry, Worce, there's 21 people in this thread, I'm sure you're cool). Just would like to see some response from people who swapped why they did.
I didn't like the jasnah wagon but I ended up voting her over worcej because I wasn't seeing a good case for scum!worcej, and I was getting increasingly suspicious of snowy, who'd presented the largest case on worcej (none of which was convincing to me), and I kind of felt like worcej was just becoming the default counter wagon. In particular, I was worried Durga was looking for a way to save Chaqa, but there were also other people that made me suspicious and I'll have to go back to find them.
Ok, but if you thought jasnah was town too, why didn't you prefer to kill worcej for shits and giggles?

snowy801

#2754 Post by snowy801 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:36 pm

damo666 wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:33 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:31 pm

What thing?
The thing where Tom/worcej tried to drum out kgray on account of "here's a list of people too good to let live at scum"

Weirdly enough I don't actually remember Tom on that bandwagon which makes me think I should go revisit that entire interaction, but eh later

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#2755 Post by kgray » Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:37 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:00 pm
kgray wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:55 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:46 pm

Anywho…that was a thing. Time to go digging for scum theater. Need to put whole teams together.
Hi ghug
Funny. Any thoughts on EOD?
Yeah but will have to reread and organize them before EON.

Jamiet99uk

#2756 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:38 pm

damo666 wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:20 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:24 pm
damo666 wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:09 pm

Snowy falsely accused me of posting a Windy Miller clip. I haven't checked but I'd be amazed if it wasn't Jamie.

I doubt anyone outside UK will understand Windy Miller reference.
Yes, that was me. Was this a significant issue?
Nope. Just wondered why snowy thought it was me.
I couldn't actually see where Snowy accused you of it.
This signature is hard to read in dark mode.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#2757 Post by kgray » Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:38 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:12 pm
kgray wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:09 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:57 am
First analysis of a pair of players: Bona-Durga

<snipped>
Why'd you start with Bona and Durga?
I started with a player I had a scumlean on (bona) and looked for players he didn’t have interactions with. Durga hit first (alphabetically) in a big way.
Well tbh Bunny it seems like quite a coincidence. I am curious if you picked two other random people you could come to similar conclusions.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#2758 Post by kgray » Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:39 pm

President Eden wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:12 pm
And again, it's worth a reminder that for all of Durga's insistence that we not vote jasnah during the day, when the chips were down at EOD she was willing to toss that and vote jasnah out to protect Chaqa.
Yeah so what do you think about me voting for jasnah over worcej then?

Jamiet99uk

#2759 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:39 pm

ghug wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:29 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:30 pm
kgray wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:40 pm

You're so annoying
@Ghug could you explain these antics, please?
I did so at the time
Ah, so you did.
This signature is hard to read in dark mode.

BunnyGo

#2760 Post by BunnyGo » Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:40 pm

kgray wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:
snowy iirc
@snowy if this was you, what’s up with that?