M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#6001 Post by Chaqa » Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:02 pm

@Bozo/worc: whichever of you is actual Doctor, think pretty carefully about whether to protect yourself or me. There's a few different ways mafia could approach this, best to big brain them.

JOAT, if you have a cop scan left, don't use it on the Doc claims, they will sort themselves out.

BesharamSabi

#6002 Post by BesharamSabi » Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:03 pm

Durga wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:40 pm
I want to hear PE's progression from Chaqa is scum to Chaqa is town cop actually.

I must have missed that somewhere.
It must have taken place in the scum chat last night.

Doom427

#6003 Post by Doom427 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:03 pm

Wait, ok, I've been thinking on it and gonna make this it's own separate post for a second-why would anyone switch to bozo? It makes sense if you know for sure Bozo is scum, but we had two separate doctor claims, and limited time to figure out which one was true and which one wasn't. Why the jump to bozo? Tom is right there, and even if you don't love it, it's right there, and has a (almost) 0% chance of hitting the doctor.

WorceJ goes from in the lead, after the bozo claim, to no longer an option. But why, after WorceJ says he's the doctor, would that convince you to vote for Bozo, who says He's The Doctor, but first? Neither one crumbed, neither one gave any evidence? I mean, people had other reasons for voting for either player, but...I think I might have convinced myself that maybe WorceJ is the scum player? I really wish either one had crumbed though-WorceJ gave a decent excuse why, but Bozo gave me nothing, so based on their own merits alone I lean toward WorceJ being truthful, but the votes jumping to Bozo even though both players are fundamentally equal in my mind (When voting occurred, not afterwards) makes me think scum would be doing the jump?

Fluminator

#6004 Post by Fluminator » Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:10 pm

^ that is a good question. Wouldn't mind people answering that.

(I know I did that too but since most people are accepting i'm a town clear at this point I don't want to spoil a potential reason )

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#6005 Post by Chaqa » Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:14 pm

Doom427 wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:03 pm
Wait, ok, I've been thinking on it and gonna make this it's own separate post for a second-why would anyone switch to bozo? It makes sense if you know for sure Bozo is scum, but we had two separate doctor claims, and limited time to figure out which one was true and which one wasn't. Why the jump to bozo? Tom is right there, and even if you don't love it, it's right there, and has a (almost) 0% chance of hitting the doctor.

WorceJ goes from in the lead, after the bozo claim, to no longer an option. But why, after WorceJ says he's the doctor, would that convince you to vote for Bozo, who says He's The Doctor, but first? Neither one crumbed, neither one gave any evidence? I mean, people had other reasons for voting for either player, but...I think I might have convinced myself that maybe WorceJ is the scum player? I really wish either one had crumbed though-WorceJ gave a decent excuse why, but Bozo gave me nothing, so based on their own merits alone I lean toward WorceJ being truthful, but the votes jumping to Bozo even though both players are fundamentally equal in my mind (When voting occurred, not afterwards) makes me think scum would be doing the jump?
So, for me at least, it's partially an experience thing but also instinct. Bozo seemed very scummy to me, whereas worcej seemed very town to me, so when Bozo claimed I thought "oh fuck, he was PR not scum that's why he's off" (same thing happened to me, sorta - people got suspicious b/c i played different since I'm PR).

I switched to Boat before seeing the claim, then to Tom, but then when worcej counterclaimed I just had a strong gut feeling Bozo was the fake so I switched back to him to yeet him out.

If I had a little more time to think about it, I probably would have stayed on Tom to let the counterclaims sort themselves out.

President Eden

#6006 Post by President Eden » Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:17 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Durga wrote:
I want to hear PE's progression from Chaqa is scum to Chaqa is town cop actually.

when do you plan to have an original thought about the game?

worcej

#6007 Post by worcej » Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:22 pm

Fluminator wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:10 am
Also I don't think we should daykill bozo tomorrow.
We want to give the oracle a useful target and bozo and all our current dead people wouldn't be the most useful. Seeing if they were PRs might be useful (and I guess jasnas could be mafia technically) But we really want to reveal a different scum if we can.
Eh... I like getting rid of caught scum right away more than anything. And we're less likely to lose the Oracle the sooner we deal with scum to keep the # of potential NK targets higher for scum to more likely miss them in the early stages.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#6008 Post by Chaqa » Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:25 pm

I think it benefits town to not flip Bozo or worcej until we have to or until we have better information. Having both Cop and Doctor alive with the JOAT's doc save in the wings makes a giant WIFOM game for scum we can make use of.

The benefit of flipping one of them would be that the Oracle or JOAT can check out the body, but I'm not sure if the risk of getting it wrong is worth it until we have to (say one day out from LYLO).

worcej

#6009 Post by worcej » Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:26 pm

ghug wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:18 am
worcej wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:16 am
President Eden wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:05 am
Why was Vecna beating his chest about being right about worcej when he switched off worcej's opposing claim to Tom at the end :?
His move, in a retrospect, pushed Tom above bozo and myself which could make sense as town.

What's more interesting is I've seen no comment that ghug voted me (from TFB) post-CC still...
I mean I explained it, but I agree that it's weird as shit that nobody cares about it.
We agree - I am a little shocked that you seem to be under the radar atm. I think it's more a night phase issue than anything though.

worcej

#6010 Post by worcej » Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:29 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:25 pm
I think it benefits town to not flip Bozo or worcej until we have to or until we have better information. Having both Cop and Doctor alive with the JOAT's doc save in the wings makes a giant WIFOM game for scum we can make use of.

The benefit of flipping one of them would be that the Oracle or JOAT can check out the body, but I'm not sure if the risk of getting it wrong is worth it until we have to (say one day out from LYLO).
I don't like this strategy because it's problematic but it does force the RB to be parked and give the other PRs the ability to do their business.

Doom427

#6011 Post by Doom427 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:29 pm

List of people who flipped votes to a claimant after claim- *means not a Worcej->Bozo
Kgray *(Tom->Bozo)
Flum
Durga
Ghug* (Boat->Worcej :!:)
Boat
Chaqa* (Tom->Bozo)

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#6012 Post by Chaqa » Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:32 pm

worcej wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:29 pm
Chaqa wrote:

I don't like this strategy because it's problematic but it does force the RB to be parked and give the other PRs the ability to do their business.
Yeah, I understand, if someone was CCing me I would be all over it too, but neither of you made this super easy to sort out since no crumbs.

worcej

#6013 Post by worcej » Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:32 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:06 am
Unfortunately my absence from the game came at a bad time, as it has been interpreted as scum indicative, but as I said, it was unavoidable.

I have played over 40 mafia games on this site and have been scum at least 10 times. If anyone cares to review my old games, you will find many instance where I was away from the game for 8, 16, 24 hours stretches, or more, and I am confident you will find that they are in no way correlated to when I was mafia or mafia up for the DK. I do not recall any other instance where I was not able to participate for a large block of time before EOD when I was up for a DK as mafia.

If you look at the 24 hours before D2 EOD, you will see I made a significant effort with the time I had to avoid getting DK, since I did not want to get DKed as a PR. I did what I could to get online on mobile at EOD so I would at least not get DKed without town knowing I was the doctor.

I obviously understand why I am under strong suspicion, but I encourage the JOAT or oracle to reveal myself as the doctor or worcej as mafia. The important point is that worcej must be eliminated for town to win the game.
Your absence had anything to do with you being scummed by any of the reads I remember reading.

I don't think you made any real effort to avoid yourself getting daykilled however - you're effort was exclusively focused at getting me killed. There is a big difference between the two.

worcej

#6014 Post by worcej » Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:35 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:32 pm
worcej wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:29 pm
Chaqa wrote:

Yeah, I understand, if someone was CCing me I would be all over it too, but neither of you made this super easy to sort out since no crumbs.
I've said why I didn't crumb and honestly will probably not try to crumb going forward. It usually gets me caught because my crumbs are too obvious.

Durga

#6015 Post by Durga » Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:37 pm

Does someone know whether bozo is known to crumb as PR

snowy801

#6016 Post by snowy801 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:40 pm

I think i had a nightmare about this game last night

I need help

BesharamSabi

#6017 Post by BesharamSabi » Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:41 pm

President Eden wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:17 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Durga wrote:

when do you plan to have an original thought about the game?
Oh. I dunno actually. I'm still figuring everyone out.

Why do you have to be so mean 😔

President Eden

#6018 Post by President Eden » Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:42 pm

I have been standing in line to sign a goddamn paper for a half hour and haven’t made an inch of progress in the line. I have finally well and truly become a lawyer.

Doom427

#6019 Post by Doom427 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:44 pm

President Eden wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:42 pm
I have been standing in line to sign a goddamn paper for a half hour and haven’t made an inch of progress in the line. I have finally well and truly become a lawyer.
Ah, I see why lawyers play Mafia. It's the same experience

Fluminator

#6020 Post by Fluminator » Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:45 pm

worcej wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:22 pm
Fluminator wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:10 am
Also I don't think we should daykill bozo tomorrow.
We want to give the oracle a useful target and bozo and all our current dead people wouldn't be the most useful. Seeing if they were PRs might be useful (and I guess jasnas could be mafia technically) But we really want to reveal a different scum if we can.
Eh... I like getting rid of caught scum right away more than anything. And we're less likely to lose the Oracle the sooner we deal with scum to keep the # of potential NK targets higher for scum to more likely miss them in the early stages.
What