M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Message
Author
TheFlyingBoat
Posts: 586
Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:24 pm
Karma: 1237

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#5861 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:39 am

snowy801 wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:00 am
Doom427 wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:57 am
President Eden wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:46 am
you know, in theory, if that's right, this game is almost auto given Bunny's and worcej's claims :lol:

I think we need one successful docsave and we can literally kill all non-bozo voters except worcej and Bunny and win
I'm willing to go down with the ship I suppose. Tho curious about if a game has ever ended like that
Pretty sure scum teams have surrendered before, though I can't particularly recall any specific games.
I think 56 or 59 or something like that was a surrender. I was in that game and linked it up thread. I can find it later if need be
3

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 7618
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:33 pm
Location: Allentown, PA, USA
Karma: 4416

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#5862 Post by Chaqa » Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:42 am

So anyone read any good books lately?
1

snowy801
Posts: 3002
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:47 am
Karma: 5246

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#5863 Post by snowy801 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:43 am

http://mafia.peterlund.se/m59/game_status.html

How did Bunny go from undisputed top poster to whatever shitposting he's been doing here
2

snowy801
Posts: 3002
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:47 am
Karma: 5246

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#5864 Post by snowy801 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:43 am

Chaqa wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:42 am
So anyone read any good books lately?
Did you check out the webnovel I linked?

https://practicalguidetoevil.wordpress.com/
2

snowy801
Posts: 3002
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:47 am
Karma: 5246

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#5865 Post by snowy801 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:44 am

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:39 am
snowy801 wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:00 am
Doom427 wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:57 am


I'm willing to go down with the ship I suppose. Tho curious about if a game has ever ended like that
Pretty sure scum teams have surrendered before, though I can't particularly recall any specific games.
I think 56 or 59 or something like that was a surrender. I was in that game and linked it up thread. I can find it later if need be
Also M56 appears to have been the surrender. M59 was apparently compromised and Jamiet pulled the plug?
3

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 7618
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:33 pm
Location: Allentown, PA, USA
Karma: 4416

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#5866 Post by Chaqa » Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:44 am

snowy801 wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:43 am
Chaqa wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:42 am
So anyone read any good books lately?
Did you check out the webnovel I linked?

https://practicalguidetoevil.wordpress.com/
I will now.
2

snowy801
Posts: 3002
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:47 am
Karma: 5246

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#5867 Post by snowy801 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:45 am

Chaqa wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:44 am
snowy801 wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:43 am
Chaqa wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:42 am
So anyone read any good books lately?
Did you check out the webnovel I linked?

https://practicalguidetoevil.wordpress.com/
I will now.
It has a bit of a rocky start [author getting his bearings and improving] but by book 3 it's great and by book 6 it is unbelievable.

If you're a fan of fantasy and the modern sort of subversion/deconstruction tropes everyone's so keen on doing these days you'll be in for a blast.
2

snowy801
Posts: 3002
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:47 am
Karma: 5246

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#5868 Post by snowy801 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:47 am

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:35 am
snowy801 wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:55 am
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:52 am


D2 was a lot less interesting for about 47 hours imo. There was a lot of shit flinging and a lot of nonsense so I didn't really see many key questions besides some semantic discussions on whether certain slips were slips or NAIs, some attempted reopening of what I felt were closed discussions, and the gladiator fight that if we're being honest kinda sucked up all the air in the room for a LOOONG time. There weren't the big heavy direction of the day questions like there in Day 1 where we had large differences between large camps. Bozo was largely immaterial to what little discussion there was in D2 so I didn't alter my read on him much until the very end when things actually happened in the final hour. Maybe I should have looked at that disappearance and said it was sus, but Bozo gave some excuse for why he was busy and I accepted it at face value.
Oh sorry, I misinterpreted "question of the day" as D2. Same question with regards to D1, if you don't mind? What were the key questions, and how did he respond to them?
Ah just saw this question, sorry. I think the essential questions were DK or not to DK, when to Miller reveal, and whether to kill both Miller claimants. Bozo took active and aggressive positions on those as mentioned in my Early Day 2 reads.
I really do appreciate your willingness to find questions and answer them, by the way.
2

President Eden
Posts: 2850
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:11 pm
Karma: 4393

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#5869 Post by President Eden » Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:55 am

think there’s just too much going on in this game, with 6000 posts in 2 turn cycles virtually every townie will have gotten something wrong or said something dumb that could plausibly come from mafia (me very much included), and my town sorting has been dogshit garbage

but I don’t see any way out but through, and I know I’m dead soon if I can’t solve it, so here’s attempt #39668 at sorting people

if I’m wrong about you please stop getting mad at me about it, it’s not meant personally, this game is draining enough without the added stress of being expected to be right on everything



town: Chaqa, Fluminator, worcej, BunnyGo, Bonatogether, Durga, Jamiet99uk, lfischl, Vecna
townish: BesheramSabi, Doom427, TheFlyingBoat, Tom Bombadil
i don’t fuckin know: ghug, kgray, rdrivera2005
mafia: bozotheclown, snowy801

highly doubt there are any misses among town, there could be misses in townish, I truly have no clue what to do with ghug or kgray. they both have infinite posts and town moments in them. rivera is also an enigma to me

overall we made some great progress which is helpful for reassessing, but I still feel like I’m missing some key piece of info to actually form a coherent theory of what’s going on
4

snowy801
Posts: 3002
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:47 am
Karma: 5246

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#5870 Post by snowy801 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:59 am

This is going to be a long week

I guess I brought it upon myself
2

Fluminator
Posts: 3531
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:50 pm
Karma: 2078

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#5871 Post by Fluminator » Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:59 am

That was a joke Chaqa. I'm quite certain bozo is scum.
2

Fluminator
Posts: 3531
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:50 pm
Karma: 2078

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#5872 Post by Fluminator » Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:01 am

I specifically remember Jamiet celebrating whenever we catch scum as town. He was present but remarkably unemotional here.
2

Fluminator
Posts: 3531
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:50 pm
Karma: 2078

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#5873 Post by Fluminator » Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:02 am

I also think Tom voters after both doc claims look fine. I could see a natural instinct to be to go for a safe third option.
3

President Eden
Posts: 2850
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:11 pm
Karma: 4393

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#5874 Post by President Eden » Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:05 am

snowy801 wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:59 am
This is going to be a long week

I guess I brought it upon myself
This game state makes no sense if you’re town. It hardly makes sense as it is to me

I feel dumb and shitty calling you mafia when my own experience shows me that there’s no reason you can’t have just been town fucking up like me, but sometimes you just have to be a blatant hypocrite in this game cuz you were town and walked lockstep with mafia
3

Fluminator
Posts: 3531
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:50 pm
Karma: 2078

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#5875 Post by Fluminator » Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:06 am

Kgray i'm super torn on.
She did push bozo most of the day and would scum really bus like that?

But her reaction to catching bozo, one of her main scum reads was completely neutered. When she catches scum as town she expresses so much happiness and earned pride. I saw none of that here.

Think we should give her a bit more time to obvtown just in case.
4

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 7618
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:33 pm
Location: Allentown, PA, USA
Karma: 4416

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#5876 Post by Chaqa » Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:06 am

President Eden wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:55 am
think there’s just too much going on in this game, with 6000 posts in 2 turn cycles virtually every townie will have gotten something wrong or said something dumb that could plausibly come from mafia (me very much included), and my town sorting has been dogshit garbage

but I don’t see any way out but through, and I know I’m dead soon if I can’t solve it, so here’s attempt #39668 at sorting people

if I’m wrong about you please stop getting mad at me about it, it’s not meant personally, this game is draining enough without the added stress of being expected to be right on everything



town: Chaqa, Fluminator, worcej, BunnyGo, Bonatogether, Durga, Jamiet99uk, lfischl, Vecna
townish: BesheramSabi, Doom427, TheFlyingBoat, Tom Bombadil
i don’t fuckin know: ghug, kgray, rdrivera2005
mafia: bozotheclown, snowy801

highly doubt there are any misses among town, there could be misses in townish, I truly have no clue what to do with ghug or kgray. they both have infinite posts and town moments in them. rivera is also an enigma to me

overall we made some great progress which is helpful for reassessing, but I still feel like I’m missing some key piece of info to actually form a coherent theory of what’s going on
Your reads are almost identical to mine, with the town reads being all the same

😊
2

President Eden
Posts: 2850
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:11 pm
Karma: 4393

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#5877 Post by President Eden » Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:09 am

Fluminator wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:06 am
Kgray i'm super torn on.
She did push bozo most of the day and would scum really bus like that?

But her reaction to catching bozo, one of her main scum reads was completely neutered. When she catches scum as town she expresses so much happiness and earned pride. I saw none of that here.

Think we should give her a bit more time to obvtown just in case.
I don’t get the incentive for mafia to keep their teammate in the running for elimination, outright state you would rather vote for them than a townie when they’re the un-cc’d doc, and then not actually follow through when the chips are down, when they still get caught dead to rights anyway. If you’re gonna do all that then surely you just follow through
3

Fluminator
Posts: 3531
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:50 pm
Karma: 2078

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#5878 Post by Fluminator » Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:10 am

Also I don't think we should daykill bozo tomorrow.
We want to give the oracle a useful target and bozo and all our current dead people wouldn't be the most useful. Seeing if they were PRs might be useful (and I guess jasnas could be mafia technically) But we really want to reveal a different scum if we can.
2

snowy801
Posts: 3002
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:47 am
Karma: 5246

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#5879 Post by snowy801 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:10 am

President Eden wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:05 am
snowy801 wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:59 am
This is going to be a long week

I guess I brought it upon myself
This game state makes no sense if you’re town. It hardly makes sense as it is to me

I feel dumb and shitty calling you mafia when my own experience shows me that there’s no reason you can’t have just been town fucking up like me, but sometimes you just have to be a blatant hypocrite in this game cuz you were town and walked lockstep with mafia
Reality doesn't always make sense

I'm still thinking over how it all went wrong. Some of the points seem obvious (Chaqa/worcej town) but idk

You know me, I'll figure it out soon and earn my stay of execution. I guess I'm aiming for the game being won before my own time comes, but like I said it's going to be a long week
2

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 11396
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm
Location: Seattle
Karma: 5779

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#5880 Post by ghug » Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:13 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:46 am
Doom427 wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:43 am
BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:24 am


HI doom, let's figure out the Chicago based mafia game.
If anyone's been wondering if I've been hiding something this game, it's this- I actually live in Madison, I've never lived closer than two hours to Chicago :(

But, Umm, Wind! Capone! Blues brothers? Would the Blues Brothers be scum roles or town roles?
Holy hell...you have access to fried cheese curds. Why are you not eating them right now? How are you typing instead of gorging on the manna from heaven?
Bunny, it might be better but to tell you this, but you can have fried cheese curds anywhere.
4

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests