M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
snowy801

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#12301 Post by snowy801 » Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:23 pm

I think, having experienced the scum role again after such a while, that I'd like to reiterate a sentiment

Playing mafia is a sort of social contract you enter for a small number of weeks. Some people don't like town, some people don't like scum, but surely everyone has to like either if not both to be willing to play this game

But you can't have a game of mafia without either. So if you're not a huge town fan, it still obliges you to read most if not all posts, answer any questions you catch, and share your thoughts as best you can as appropriate [rdrivera is an excellent example of someone who finds this balance despite his clearly filled timetable]. Likewise as scum, it's your job to give people something to ponder when playing a deduction game. Sure it can be hard and unpleasant when accusations are constantly leveled against you (another reason why I think we should back off scum suspects a bit) but when the game just becomes shooting in the lurker barrel it diminishes everything this game stands for

Not to be too pretentious about it, nor to target anyone in this game; I think most would agree this is something that happens in most games. But I think an environment where a) the scum tries their best and b) the town allows the scum team some breathing room to full enjoy their own part would do this community a lot of good

Bonatogether

#12302 Post by Bonatogether » Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:58 pm

Kakarroto wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:48 am

Additionally, I want to praise Bona in this game, maybe I had a wrong picture but I really liked most if not all of his posts, Bona surely positively surprised me.

<3

Kakarroto

#12303 Post by Kakarroto » Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:20 am

snowy801 wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:13 pm
Kakarroto wrote:
Well played everyone, I'm a bit sad my early game hunch of PE/Sabi/damo wasn't correct (beside my "I could see snowy or bozo here. Maybe Tom." for the last slot :p ), I had it up for a few days, but the scan of damo destroyed a theory behind it (tbf I suspected damo the least) and the behaviour of Sabi did throw me a bit too. I suspected PE to maybe be Godfather until the end, but I had some doubts there. Not playing makes you kinda stuck on a read though.

Also, I hate it that I read it all and couldn't participate in anything, posting things to god qt isn't the same. Need to play in the next I think, more time to sus PE (what, he is gm? that doesn't mean he isn't mafia!).

Additionally, I want to praise Bona in this game, maybe I had a wrong picture but I really liked most if not all of his posts, Bona surely positively surprised me.

Also thank you bunny for somehow being able to read my mind and voice some of my theories (sorry if my brain waves disturbed you. And no, there was no digital or somewhat contact, I just point out that bunny and I had some thoughts that were the same).

Just some more things I want to share:
snowy801 wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:09 am

Cheden? Edaqa?
Chaden. Definitely.
snowy801 wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:38 pm

Sorry, EUROs and also the British
contrary to the wishes of some of the british, they are still part of Europe

at least for some million years (plate tectonic) or adequate scientific knowledge (terraforming)
President Eden wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:34 pm

CHOOSE YOUR CLASS:

--> FIGHTER
THIEF
MONK
REDMAGE
W. MAGE
B. MAGE
White mage ... no, thief ... well both or a mix between of them, optimally, but I mostly play healer myself.
snowy801 wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:39 pm
I'm a white mage kinda guy

People say it's weird given my personality but eh I've always been a healer
Ahhh, my evil/good twinbrother strikes again, I kinda wanted this here. Guess I'll take the thief role then. Or maybe the mix, like a bard or something fitting? But then I might not level into the ninja prestige class, hmm ...

Anyway, there is a gaming group I've heard? Paradox games, maybe strategy games? CK2 isn't my most played game (kinda only since it was free but I've watched some hours of gameplay before so I kinda get the general gist but might be the weakest player) but I'm interested if you'd have me. EU4 much prefered.
Eden's got a thing going and I got my own server but it's kinda toxic I doubt anyone here would like it
I don't know if I would be invited on there though

Kakarroto

#12304 Post by Kakarroto » Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:23 am

snowy801 wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:23 pm
[...]

Playing mafia is a sort of social contract you enter for a small number of weeks. Some people don't like town, some people don't like scum, but surely everyone has to like either if not both to be willing to play this game

But you can't have a game of mafia without either. [...]
that's why I prefer to refer to the group as 'mafia' not 'scum' because I think the last one has too many negative inclinations

Kakarroto

#12305 Post by Kakarroto » Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:23 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:58 pm
Kakarroto wrote:

<3

Kakarroto

#12306 Post by Kakarroto » Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:26 am

Kakarroto wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:20 am
snowy801 wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:13 pm
Kakarroto wrote:
Well played everyone, I'm a bit sad my early game hunch of PE/Sabi/damo wasn't correct (beside my "I could see snowy or bozo here. Maybe Tom." for the last slot :p ), I had it up for a few days, but the scan of damo destroyed a theory behind it (tbf I suspected damo the least) and the behaviour of Sabi did throw me a bit too. I suspected PE to maybe be Godfather until the end, but I had some doubts there. Not playing makes you kinda stuck on a read though.

Also, I hate it that I read it all and couldn't participate in anything, posting things to god qt isn't the same. Need to play in the next I think, more time to sus PE (what, he is gm? that doesn't mean he isn't mafia!).

Also thank you bunny for somehow being able to read my mind and voice some of my theories (sorry if my brain waves disturbed you. And no, there was no digital or somewhat contact, I just point out that bunny and I had some thoughts that were the same).

Just some more things I want to share:

Chaden. Definitely.

contrary to the wishes of some of the british, they are still part of Europe

at least for some million years (plate tectonic) or adequate scientific knowledge (terraforming)

White mage ... no, thief ... well both or a mix between of them, optimally, but I mostly play healer myself.

Ahhh, my evil/good twinbrother strikes again, I kinda wanted this here. Guess I'll take the thief role then. Or maybe the mix, like a bard or something fitting? But then I might not level into the ninja prestige class, hmm ...

Anyway, there is a gaming group I've heard? Paradox games, maybe strategy games? CK2 isn't my most played game (kinda only since it was free but I've watched some hours of gameplay before so I kinda get the general gist but might be the weakest player) but I'm interested if you'd have me. EU4 much prefered.
Eden's got a thing going and I got my own server but it's kinda toxic I doubt anyone here would like it
I don't know if I would be invited on there though
Alright, turns out I should first check my messages instead of new posts.