M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
President Eden

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#11821 Post by President Eden » Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:30 pm

Vecna wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:12 pm
Ill refer to some ancient wisdom I heard in the last few months:

explanations dont matter. Votes and actions matter.

You should have some affinity with such statements in your current profession.
I'll grant you that the worcej vote looks bad given that the 2 known mafia were on that wagon as well, and that those 2 known mafia were counterwagons. If that were the centerpiece of your argument then that'd be fine, but you just throw it in as an afterthought, as though you're just looking for shit to throw against the wall to see what sticks.

It'd be one thing if you read it, engaged with it, and decided it was just bullshit. You quite obviously haven't read a word of it and are just scraping for something that sounds plausible instead of genuinely hunting.

You say I "had my involvement in the role digging on damo and lfischl," but:
- I never expressed anything about damo until after he died. My specific theory was that he might be Cop. I wasn't alone in that read, judging from other reactions to the kill. Others thought he was a different PR. If you were actually hunting you would dig into the motivations for making such posts and compare to other people who had similar reactions, but you aren't, so you didn't.
- I wasn't the first one to bring up lfischl being a power role, and in fact never expressly said it until others brought it up. I caught the possibility on day 2, and he didn't die until night 3. Again, if you were actually hunting you would dig deeper into this than the surface level analysis that I, one out of five or however many people also thought fishy might be a PR, must be mafia for having thought so. But you aren't, so you didn't.

You have no reason given for disregarding your read on the Discord issues. If you were actually hunting then you would dig into the mafia motivations for making those comments in light of your recent change of heart. But you aren't, so you didn't.
Vecna wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:14 pm
Its like youre trying to explain away why you were seen venting away from that fresh little corpse.
You have switched the tone of your post from absolute conviction to backing away from ever being convinced to shrugging non-conviction to absolute conviction again, not at all based on objectively what I've done but solely on the degree to which I call you out for your lazy terrible mockery of scumhunting. Another sign that you don't actually have genuine convictions and are just shifting with the winds.

##VOTE Vecna

Vecna

#11822 Post by Vecna » Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:30 pm

Doom427 wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:24 pm
Vecna jumping around like a jackrabbit with this out of nowhere read on PE frustrates me. It comes across like someone looking for any other target to die today instead of himself.

Of course, Vecna is in third place right now, so I don't see that much pressure causing this. But seriously, what's going on here? It also is SUCH a weak attack, that... well. It's not scum theater, but

Whatever, my vote's where it's at, I'm gonna take brief sojurn into the land of the working. Have meetings most of day, but will jump on hopefully 30 minutes to go till EoD
Doom, I get where this is coming from, but I dont think there is a very high chance im going to die today.

Both bunny and Worcej are fully aware im town, and im pretty sure they will vote in any way required to save me.

Im jumping around to test how people respond, and because I think theres some merit to my argument.

If I have to die for town to be able to move on, Ill fall on the sword and die. It wont bring us closer to winning though.

President Eden

#11823 Post by President Eden » Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:31 pm

Doom427 wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:24 pm
Vecna jumping around like a jackrabbit with this out of nowhere read on PE frustrates me. It comes across like someone looking for any other target to die today instead of himself.

Of course, Vecna is in third place right now, so I don't see that much pressure causing this. But seriously, what's going on here? It also is SUCH a weak attack, that... well. It's not scum theater, but

Whatever, my vote's where it's at, I'm gonna take brief sojurn into the land of the working. Have meetings most of day, but will jump on hopefully 30 minutes to go till EoD
Then let's kill him

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#11824 Post by rdrivera2005 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:33 pm

Vecna wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:27 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:19 pm
Vecna wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:36 pm

How is my argument not in good faith?

How were Tom and Bozo not doomed?

EVERYONE could see something weird was going on with Tom.
You said I am being simplistic because I am scum and I usually do a lot better posts when I am scum and you know it.

I didn't buss Bozo, so your theory about me being a serial busser is flawed. I voted Tom D2 when he wasn't doomed. And he survived D2, D3 and D4 and was killed because Chaqa had a scan (or so he says) so he wasn't that doomed on D2.
And to add to this;

The strength of Celaphs arguments when he was going toe to toe with you was in him pointing out that you were singular is your opinions.

There was no doubt in you bussing me. While all town were doubtfull. You just were right, because you knew my allignment.

This game, you also just popped in on day two and stated that worcej was town when he was the CC to two scum.

I should probably find some quotes, but your reads there definitely werent multi-layered and full with nuance, were they?

If they were and you prove this to me, I will admit im wrong and remove my vote and drop my crusade.
You keep twisting things. I declared Worcej town on D1 when he did a very towny Worcej post. And I don't have doubts about Worcej/Bona. If some supposed PR is playing us is either Boat or Chaqa.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#11825 Post by Chaqa » Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:36 pm

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#11826 Post by Chaqa » Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:36 pm

Case closed.

President Eden

#11827 Post by President Eden » Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:38 pm

I'd consolidate on snowy over rivera if needed, but Vecna is acting so painfully and blatantly in bad faith that I am not going to vote anyone else as long as his wagon is viable

BunnyGo

#11828 Post by BunnyGo » Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:39 pm

President Eden wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:38 pm
I'd consolidate on snowy over rivera if needed, but Vecna is acting so painfully and blatantly in bad faith that I am not going to vote anyone else as long as his wagon is viable
If it’s the current 3 leading wagons I’m voting snowy. But I really really don’t want to.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#11829 Post by Chaqa » Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:39 pm

President Eden wrote:
If Vecna is scum I will give up Chipotle until the end of October.

Vecna

#11830 Post by Vecna » Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:40 pm

President Eden wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:30 pm
Vecna wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:12 pm
Ill refer to some ancient wisdom I heard in the last few months:

explanations dont matter. Votes and actions matter.

You should have some affinity with such statements in your current profession.
I'll grant you that the worcej vote looks bad given that the 2 known mafia were on that wagon as well, and that those 2 known mafia were counterwagons. If that were the centerpiece of your argument then that'd be fine, but you just throw it in as an afterthought, as though you're just looking for shit to throw against the wall to see what sticks.

It'd be one thing if you read it, engaged with it, and decided it was just bullshit. You quite obviously haven't read a word of it and are just scraping for something that sounds plausible instead of genuinely hunting.

You say I "had my involvement in the role digging on damo and lfischl," but:
- I never expressed anything about damo until after he died. My specific theory was that he might be Cop. I wasn't alone in that read, judging from other reactions to the kill. Others thought he was a different PR. If you were actually hunting you would dig into the motivations for making such posts and compare to other people who had similar reactions, but you aren't, so you didn't.
- I wasn't the first one to bring up lfischl being a power role, and in fact never expressly said it until others brought it up. I caught the possibility on day 2, and he didn't die until night 3. Again, if you were actually hunting you would dig deeper into this than the surface level analysis that I, one out of five or however many people also thought fishy might be a PR, must be mafia for having thought so. But you aren't, so you didn't.

You have no reason given for disregarding your read on the Discord issues. If you were actually hunting then you would dig into the mafia motivations for making those comments in light of your recent change of heart. But you aren't, so you didn't.
Vecna wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:14 pm
Its like youre trying to explain away why you were seen venting away from that fresh little corpse.
You have switched the tone of your post from absolute conviction to backing away from ever being convinced to shrugging non-conviction to absolute conviction again, not at all based on objectively what I've done but solely on the degree to which I call you out for your lazy terrible mockery of scumhunting. Another sign that you don't actually have genuine convictions and are just shifting with the winds.

##VOTE Vecna
Even if all this were to be true (pretty big if)...

Why would I have scum motivation to do so?

Is it intended to shift a wagon onto you? Who am I protecting in that case?

Myself? Whatever, this would be the worst way of doing so.

Snowy, the guy ive been trying to kill for the last 3 days? Doubtfull, right?

Rdr, the guy im trying to kill? Seems like a pretty wobbly premise again.

So, dear President eden....

Convince the jury.

Motive?

--------------------

Regardless of my motive, you do have questionable actions. Plenty of them.

I indeed choose to ignore a lot of pretty words here. Youre obviously good at those. I doubt ill win in the verbal showdown. So I choose to point towards your actions.

Youre right that the exact details of how you engaged with the PR hunting arent very clear to me. I remember your involvement, and mafia wouldnt be the first to bring it up, so it probably is as you say.

Mafia killing damo, because people thought he softed an inno on you - ive said it since the start. there is a pretty big motive there.

Mafia killing lfischl because he had two scumreads on 50% of their team? Pretty big moticv there, and actual cause to think he mightve been a PR. Because, who would otherwise think lfischl would nail 2 of you in his 2 scumreads?

These observations match quite well to this potential scumteam.

Call it whatever you want. Its genuine hunting. Its what I feel is a quite likely explanation for everything that happened this game.

President Eden

#11831 Post by President Eden » Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:40 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:39 pm
President Eden wrote:
If he's town then make him play better than dogshit

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#11832 Post by ghug » Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:40 pm

Chaqa wrote:
President Eden wrote:
How much Chipotle do you normally eat in a week?

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#11833 Post by Chaqa » Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:44 pm

ghug wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:40 pm
Chaqa wrote:
President Eden wrote:
How much Chipotle do you normally eat in a week?
the only correct answer is "too much"

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#11834 Post by Chaqa » Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:44 pm

President Eden wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:40 pm
Chaqa wrote:
President Eden wrote:
If he's town then make him play better than dogshit
Says the guy whose main contribution to the game was tunneling on the Cop until like a minute ago 8-)

Vecna

#11835 Post by Vecna » Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:45 pm

Also, the most important point yet;

I dont think anyone has more motive to watch Chaqa squirm in this PR role than you do. You know him, how he is perceived, and how the pressure could mount. It feels like something you'd derive fun out of.

You could still be the GF that wanted to get scanned.

It matches how you found reason to call him out on the discord stuff and tried to make us see it (it was plausible and it sounded great, kudos for that if you actually did it as scum, gotta be honest).

On day2, your jump onto Bozo was exactly when the wagon was appearing inevitable. As soon as the Worcej wagon picked up steam, you hopped onto that. These are the actions that speak. To me.

Vecna

#11836 Post by Vecna » Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:49 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:28 pm
Vecna wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:21 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:19 pm

You said I am being simplistic because I am scum and I usually do a lot better posts when I am scum and you know it.

I didn't buss Bozo, so your theory about me being a serial busser is flawed. I voted Tom D2 when he wasn't doomed. And he survived D2, D3 and D4 and was killed because Chaqa had a scan (or so he says) so he wasn't that doomed on D2.
So youre saying that you dont feel that everyone was already murmurring on day2 that Tom B was very off?

He wouldve died that day if it wasnt tied
I voted Tom when he has 1 vote and Bozo had 6 and Worcej had 5 and I had 2. Explain why I choose to buss Tom in this situation?
Its a good question. I do not have a real answer. You did also vote Bozo earlier in the day.

Maybe im completely wrong on you. Its possible. I have my doubts.

I sort of lied earlier when I said that your clapback was bad, because I was sort of perplexed that it didnt come earlier.

You normally get pretty annoyed/pissed with me when I wrongly accuse you.

snowy801

#11837 Post by snowy801 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:52 pm

By Gods Vecna is testing my resolve so hard

Vecna

#11838 Post by Vecna » Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:53 pm

Theres absolutely no way you still think im scum snowy.

Just give up, bozo aint here to save you.

Townread me. do it

snowy801

#11839 Post by snowy801 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:54 pm

@rdrivera you down to keep playing? Or you gonna just do this thing forever

Cause I think I want more of this Vecna in my life

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#11840 Post by Chaqa » Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:55 pm

Rivera/Vecna: join the Snowy wagon.