M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Message
Author
snowy801
Posts: 3505
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:47 am
Karma: 5656

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#11501 Post by snowy801 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:14 am

Chaqa wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:13 am
snowy801 wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:11 am
Honestly Chaqa I don't know if you appreciate this thought but I have a slight(?) addiction to this game

The amount of work and tasks I've been letting pile up in the past week or two is immense, and if I'm to flip anyway before I see victory I'd rather it be sooner rather than later

Consider it a self ban, or something
Okay, so give me three names to run with after you're gone.
For you? It'd be Vecna > rdrivera > ghug

For anyone else, Vecna > rdrivera > Chaqa
2

snowy801
Posts: 3505
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:47 am
Karma: 5656

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#11502 Post by snowy801 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:16 am

Honestly I'm not sure what I'd think if both the first two flip and the game doesn't end

I guess it'd also depends on who gets killed so probably best to just start with a clean slate at that point
2

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 7640
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:33 pm
Location: Allentown, PA, USA
Karma: 4456

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#11503 Post by Chaqa » Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:16 am

You can't possibly still think i'm not the Cop lol
4

snowy801
Posts: 3505
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:47 am
Karma: 5656

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#11504 Post by snowy801 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:17 am

Chaqa I don't think you can possibly appreciate how non-coppish you are
2

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 7640
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:33 pm
Location: Allentown, PA, USA
Karma: 4456

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#11505 Post by Chaqa » Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:23 am

snowy801 wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:17 am
Chaqa I don't think you can possibly appreciate how non-coppish you are
I mean, I got outed day 1. I can’t exactly do the whole “sit back and scan” thing. How’s an outed cop any different from a named Townie? I’m basically just a roleblock absorber.
2

BunnyGo
Posts: 10324
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:21 am
Karma: 3260

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#11506 Post by BunnyGo » Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:25 am

snowy801 wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:14 am
Chaqa wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:13 am
snowy801 wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:11 am
Honestly Chaqa I don't know if you appreciate this thought but I have a slight(?) addiction to this game

The amount of work and tasks I've been letting pile up in the past week or two is immense, and if I'm to flip anyway before I see victory I'd rather it be sooner rather than later

Consider it a self ban, or something
Okay, so give me three names to run with after you're gone.
For you? It'd be Vecna > rdrivera > ghug

For anyone else, Vecna > rdrivera > Chaqa
:sick:
2

worcej
Posts: 7989
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:39 am
Location: Washington
Karma: 3956

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#11507 Post by worcej » Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:27 am

I honestly don't know how to take these whines from people becoming wagons after already doing it myself.
3

President Eden
Posts: 3015
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:11 pm
Karma: 4906

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#11508 Post by President Eden » Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:33 am

snowy, your analysis of the mafia team specifically excluded rivera as a possibility. Is it your theory that Vecna is the only mafia left? If not, how do you square rivera being your second pick for the mafia with your exclusion of rivera?
2

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 7640
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:33 pm
Location: Allentown, PA, USA
Karma: 4456

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#11509 Post by Chaqa » Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:38 am

President Eden wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:33 am
snowy, your analysis of the mafia team specifically excluded rivera as a possibility. Is it your theory that Vecna is the only mafia left? If not, how do you square rivera being your second pick for the mafia with your exclusion of rivera?
is that a... scumslip?
1

BunnyGo
Posts: 10324
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:21 am
Karma: 3260

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#11510 Post by BunnyGo » Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:49 am

Chaqa wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:38 am
President Eden wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:33 am
snowy, your analysis of the mafia team specifically excluded rivera as a possibility. Is it your theory that Vecna is the only mafia left? If not, how do you square rivera being your second pick for the mafia with your exclusion of rivera?
is that a... scumslip?
I don't see it...
2

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 6762
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:34 pm
Karma: 3470

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#11511 Post by kgray » Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:57 am

Chaqa wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:25 pm
kgray wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:22 pm
Kinda funny watching Chaqa +1 snowy's posts though. Pretty decent dedication.

Anyone who +1s this post hates Chipotle 8-)
That’s evil
You didn't do it :cry:
2

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 6762
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:34 pm
Karma: 3470

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#11512 Post by kgray » Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:01 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:26 pm
kgray wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:08 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:01 pm
Like honestly I have never once seen a worse townclear in my life and I completely sympathize with everyone who says to vote you out day 1
idk I think this is being unfair to Bunny


You only play this way when you’re scum. In fact, you don’t play this badly as scum. I’ve never seen you this obtuse before. I can’t believe youre scum. What’s wrong? Is the travel getting to you? Look:

Sabi has been very honest with us ALL GAME that they have very good reasons for not giving full effort to this game. The fact you ARENT LISTENING to your friend and considering how they’re feeling and thinking is not town hunting kgray I know.

So I dunno what’s up with you. But this is not how you play.

This is how you insult people. But usually those people have it coming. All I’ve done is attempt to clearly and honestly advance my thinking and explain someone else’s thinking. YOU are taking it personally.
Please don't patronize me Bunny. I disagreed with your read and your logic, I'm not being obtuse.

I'm not trying to insult you, it was mostly a joke. But let's be real, most of your pushes have been kind of random. The Bona/Durga thing was never really explained, and you didn't look into any other potential pairs. This push on Sabi lacks common sense in my opinion. I don't think it's worth arguing with you about it though, so I'd like to just drop it rather than spend hours arguing tiny details.

I'm not taking anything you're saying personally.
3

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 6762
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:34 pm
Karma: 3470

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#11513 Post by kgray » Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:07 am

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:35 pm
kgray wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:07 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:01 pm


I feel this so forced. How many times have you seen me to push for wagoni g people I think is a liability for town.

You even said Sabi is an easy miskill (which I don't agree considering how many people are defending them) later but want to keep they around. The easy miskill at this point is me, do you see anyone defending me?
Yeah I have seen you do that. At least once you were 3P, so mostly interested in not dying, so that doesn't exactly give you huge townie points. But that wasn't even what I was implying about your vote - you've said you think Sabi is scum, but now you are saying it's just because they're a liability?

I think Sabi is an easy target for scum, and I didn't say anything about them being setup for a miskill later in the game. I'm talking about now.

And it's definitely occurred to me that you could be the easy miskill. But I think Sabi is more likely to be town than you, and it's harder to see most other people as scum than you too.
I think they "might" be scum for reasons I have described before and won't repeat. And also that it's better to kill them now when we have the chance then later or to have they as the deciding vote on milo. I have said this before in other games and no one listened to me. I exploited this on my last game as scum to win, so I know it happens

I am not fighting your scumread on me, because I also think I shouldn't be around on milo, so you bringing it just to discredit my points about Sabi looks scummy to me.
Okay Rivera, but the only reason you've given for Sabi maybe being scum is because of their "defensive "I am just clueless you can kill me" stance" so don't pretend like you've given so many reasons that you can't repeat them.

And my stance on Sabi doesn't have much to do with my scumread of you, except that I think scum certainly looks for easy people to push and I think Sabi is one of those people. The fact that most of your argument seems to be "oh well they might make a bad decision in the end" doesn't help, especially when plenty of "good" or experienced players have also made the wrong call in the end.
2

BunnyGo
Posts: 10324
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:21 am
Karma: 3260

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#11514 Post by BunnyGo » Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:09 am

kgray wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:07 am
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:35 pm
kgray wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:07 pm


Yeah I have seen you do that. At least once you were 3P, so mostly interested in not dying, so that doesn't exactly give you huge townie points. But that wasn't even what I was implying about your vote - you've said you think Sabi is scum, but now you are saying it's just because they're a liability?

I think Sabi is an easy target for scum, and I didn't say anything about them being setup for a miskill later in the game. I'm talking about now.

And it's definitely occurred to me that you could be the easy miskill. But I think Sabi is more likely to be town than you, and it's harder to see most other people as scum than you too.
I think they "might" be scum for reasons I have described before and won't repeat. And also that it's better to kill them now when we have the chance then later or to have they as the deciding vote on milo. I have said this before in other games and no one listened to me. I exploited this on my last game as scum to win, so I know it happens

I am not fighting your scumread on me, because I also think I shouldn't be around on milo, so you bringing it just to discredit my points about Sabi looks scummy to me.
Okay Rivera, but the only reason you've given for Sabi maybe being scum is because of their "defensive "I am just clueless you can kill me" stance" so don't pretend like you've given so many reasons that you can't repeat them.

And my stance on Sabi doesn't have much to do with my scumread of you, except that I think scum certainly looks for easy people to push and I think Sabi is one of those people. The fact that most of your argument seems to be "oh well they might make a bad decision in the end" doesn't help, especially when plenty of "good" or experienced players have also made the wrong call in the end.
@kgray: do you think scum win by us miskilling anymore? Do you think rdr as scum wins by us miskilling sabi? Is this a valid strategy for him? Is this how scum!rdr plays?
2

BunnyGo
Posts: 10324
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:21 am
Karma: 3260

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#11515 Post by BunnyGo » Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:11 am

@Bona: thoughts?

The only valid strategy I see here is you and worcej pulling off a big sucker win. Otherwise I just don't know.
2

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 6762
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:34 pm
Karma: 3470

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#11516 Post by kgray » Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:11 am

President Eden wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:58 pm
And actually in that spirit, since Bunny is asking a lot about Sabi, and since other clears have expressed interest in killing there, I’m not convinced that Sabi is mafia. When I started coming up with a priority list of daykills before realizing the game was just auto FMPOV, Sabi was near the bottom. I just don’t see the act that others do.

I agree Sabi’s voting record isn’t great. There are a lot of votes that manage to be off mafia wagons, which kind of fits the profile of someone who doesn’t want to bus a teammate, which in turn fits the profile of newer mafia players. But idk, can’t even really point to specific things, I just think Sabi’s being genuine. Probably a bit overfocused on not dying and on being townread, but that’s certainly within new town player range.
Sabi isn't focused on not dying, but they are focused on being townread. I think that's a super natural response for a new town player who just wants to be believed.

It could also be a good response for a very clever scum player but I don't think that's what's happening and I'm only saying this to get Bunny off my back.
2

BunnyGo
Posts: 10324
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:21 am
Karma: 3260

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#11517 Post by BunnyGo » Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:11 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:11 am
@Bona: thoughts?

The only valid strategy I see here is you and worcej pulling off a big sucker win. Otherwise I just don't know.
And to be honest...I'm having trouble seeing that scenario as viable.
2

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 7640
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:33 pm
Location: Allentown, PA, USA
Karma: 4456

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#11518 Post by Chaqa » Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:16 am

Kgray, give me 3 names. Top 3 scumreads
2

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 12087
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm
Location: Seattle
Karma: 6337

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#11519 Post by ghug » Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:17 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:09 am
kgray wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:07 am
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:35 pm


I think they "might" be scum for reasons I have described before and won't repeat. And also that it's better to kill them now when we have the chance then later or to have they as the deciding vote on milo. I have said this before in other games and no one listened to me. I exploited this on my last game as scum to win, so I know it happens

I am not fighting your scumread on me, because I also think I shouldn't be around on milo, so you bringing it just to discredit my points about Sabi looks scummy to me.
Okay Rivera, but the only reason you've given for Sabi maybe being scum is because of their "defensive "I am just clueless you can kill me" stance" so don't pretend like you've given so many reasons that you can't repeat them.

And my stance on Sabi doesn't have much to do with my scumread of you, except that I think scum certainly looks for easy people to push and I think Sabi is one of those people. The fact that most of your argument seems to be "oh well they might make a bad decision in the end" doesn't help, especially when plenty of "good" or experienced players have also made the wrong call in the end.
@kgray: do you think scum win by us miskilling anymore? Do you think rdr as scum wins by us miskilling sabi? Is this a valid strategy for him? Is this how scum!rdr plays?
I do. Most of the sensible people have townread Sabi. From my perspective, trusting that townread is a valuable step toward us winning. If they get to the end, yes, they might make a bad decision, but usually scum has somebody to pick at the end or is so hopelessly caught that they lose. If all the PRs are real, scum is presumably banking on winning by getting one of you miskilled. Maaaybe two. Certainly not all five clears, so every miskill in the current PoE kill has value to them.
3

Bonatogether
Posts: 3521
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:17 pm
Location: Maryland
Karma: 1481
Contact:

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#11520 Post by Bonatogether » Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:18 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:11 am
@Bona: thoughts?

The only valid strategy I see here is you and worcej pulling off a big sucker win. Otherwise I just don't know.
I know you're going to keep saying this, but here we go

If scum!me and scum!worcej, could pull it off, it'd be an AMAZING play, but without foreknowledge of how things would turn out, does it look like a good deal to try it? Cause it's half the scumteam for a play that either immediately fails or brings the scumteam down closer to lylo (like now). Our statements are all immediately discarded, and the other 2 scummates (1 probably dead already, ngl) are in a position with tons of clears and almost-clears and are just fucked
2

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 9 guests