M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#9701 Post by Tom Bombadil » Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:57 am

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:30 am
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:36 am
ghug - maybe defended is a poor word choice. But you were clearly wrong about bozo and came off his wagon at a suspicious time. We've gone through several instances where I've pointed out that I think you are unlikely to have conviction around the arguments you are making. Admittedly, the bozo defense is likely because I'm going off of memory of the day rather than going back and rereading extensively.

I don't think I'm being lazy. Sure its not a hot take, but I do think bussing is likely *less* common in this game. I don't find it super likely multiple scum bussed bozo to death D2. So from a numbers standpoint there is likely at least one scum amongst the non-clears and non bozo pushers. I'll take probability over some meta nonsense all day.

WIth regards to rdr - pretty much agree with you here. You and rdr have equally poor voting records with respect to our scum info. You have been much more active and have done things I have found suspicious. I barely know anything rdr has said, so I don't really find it suspicious [albeit I hate his last post about being ok with dying, so there is that]
I find interesting you hate me accepting I am in the POE to be DKlled (which I am) and don't give a shit about Sabi actively wanting to be killed.
Context is sort of important… I expect you to care about getting miskilled as a Townie - and right now you don’t seem to care at all. If you are going the POE route instead of true scumhunting - killing confirmed town is like the worst thing ever so I don’t know why you’d be ok with that.

Sabi clearly had other shit going on and wanted to leave the game. I find her self vote townie as I think she would feel guilty about self voting if she were just one of a few scum left. If she is one of a ton of town left it’s not the end of the world.

BesharamSabi

#9702 Post by BesharamSabi » Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:58 am

ghug wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:03 am
BesharamSabi wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:58 am
Rereading old games update: I have skimmed randomly in the last 4 mafia games before this one and comparing the posting styles to the roles of people. In case worcej needs updates on my progression in this game :) 💚
Have you made any new conclusions?
Kinda yea actually esp in regards to someone's comment style is matching previous games in regards to their role. Quite interesting indeed. On the other hand compared to game 69 when Jamiet was scum his posting style was more brash and insulting others and evasive of questions than his style this game BUT that could be due to anything, it's not a pattern till I get confirmation from other games so I'm snooping. 🕵🏽‍♀️

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#9703 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:08 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:57 am
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Tom Bombadil wrote:
ghug - maybe defended is a poor word choice. But you were clearly wrong about bozo and came off his wagon at a suspicious time. We've gone through several instances where I've pointed out that I think you are unlikely to have conviction around the arguments you are making. Admittedly, the bozo defense is likely because I'm going off of memory of the day rather than going back and rereading extensively.

I don't think I'm being lazy. Sure its not a hot take, but I do think bussing is likely *less* common in this game. I don't find it super likely multiple scum bussed bozo to death D2. So from a numbers standpoint there is likely at least one scum amongst the non-clears and non bozo pushers. I'll take probability over some meta nonsense all day.

WIth regards to rdr - pretty much agree with you here. You and rdr have equally poor voting records with respect to our scum info. You have been much more active and have done things I have found suspicious. I barely know anything rdr has said, so I don't really find it suspicious [albeit I hate his last post about being ok with dying, so there is that]
I find interesting you hate me accepting I am in the POE to be DKlled (which I am) and don't give a shit about Sabi actively wanting to be killed.
Context is sort of important… I expect you to care about getting miskilled as a Townie - and right now you don’t seem to care at all. If you are going the POE route instead of true scumhunting - killing confirmed town is like the worst thing ever so I don’t know why you’d be ok with that.

Sabi clearly had other shit going on and wanted to leave the game. I find her self vote townie as I think she would feel guilty about self voting if she were just one of a few scum left. If she is one of a ton of town left it’s not the end of the world.
I think you are scum and have been obnoxious on purpose. I was away most of the day the only sure scum was a main wagon and forced to fake claim, probably the only objective info we have in all this game (and even this is not 100% sure). I am not pushing my own kill but I fully understand why I am on mostly POEs and you are just OMGUSing or you are scum. I am fully confident it's the second option.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#9704 Post by Tom Bombadil » Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:30 pm

I don’t think I being lazy obnoxious, but whatever.

What made Jamie higher up on your POE list than snowy? Objectively in your words the only pretty concrete info we have is bozo being scum, and your first (well maybe second after me) POE choice was someone who voted scum?

Fluminator

#9705 Post by Fluminator » Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:43 pm

If I get nightkilled tonight, kill all the confirmed townies

Vecna

#9706 Post by Vecna » Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:18 pm

sry for not being around, acid

be back tmorrow

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#9707 Post by ghug » Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:29 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:52 am
ghug wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:00 am
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:28 am
@ghug - I don't know what to think about jasnah, and as such am not really using jasnah in my reads. I initially thought scum. Part of that was worcej's reaction - which it turns out I was wrong on. Gun to my head, I'd still probably guess scum, but don't feel confirdent about it at all, so I'm not using it in my reads of players still alive and kicking.
I don't understand how you can stop considering the reason you were using to scumread me and still consider me your top scumread.
I think you are confusing me with someone? At no point did I use anything about jasnah to formulate my read on you?
Hmm, apparently you're right. Someone did that, and I recall you arguing that jasnah was likely scum, so I got confused.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#9708 Post by ghug » Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:30 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:57 am
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Tom Bombadil wrote:

If you expect rd to care about being miskilled as a townie, why does snowy not caring make you think he's town?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#9709 Post by ghug » Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:31 pm

Vecna wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:18 pm

be back tmorrow
Okay Hamilton Brian

BunnyGo

#9710 Post by BunnyGo » Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:32 pm

Vecna wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:18 pm

be back tmorrow
ACID?!

President Eden

#9711 Post by President Eden » Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:54 pm

Lost in the woods might be back in time for my post might not

BunnyGo

#9712 Post by BunnyGo » Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:57 pm

President Eden wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:54 pm
How lost?

Like need a rescue?

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#9713 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:00 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:30 pm
I don’t think I being lazy obnoxious, but whatever.

What made Jamie higher up on your POE list than snowy? Objectively in your words the only pretty concrete info we have is bozo being scum, and your first (well maybe second after me) POE choice was someone who voted scum?
I have been townreading Snowy most of the game and I can identify a lot with his posts which is usually a sign we have the same alignment (town, before some tool ask). I didn't have the same feeling about Jamiet and he is usually "softer" as scum then as town and this game look like this

TheFlyingBoat

#9714 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:01 pm

Just did my first initial pass of the EOD. Have yet to read any of the post EOD commentary. Sorry in advance if anything I say has been covered already.

Sabi trying to create a tie would confirm them as scum to me if anyone else had done it tbh but I am still willing to chalk this up to extreme newbiness.I really don't think any scum would be that blatant.

Snowy not voting for Jamie was really weird whether he was scum or town as the rationale there just doesn't make sense to me unless they're both scum and Snowy is the Godfather or if Snowy thinks Jamie is the oracle and he's a mere VT

I view Chaqa and Eden both trying to force a kill of either as town indicative. I view rdr breaking the tie as town indicative.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#9715 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:02 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:57 pm
President Eden wrote:
How lost?

Like need a rescue?
I think Vecna might need a rescue....

President Eden

#9716 Post by President Eden » Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:06 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
President Eden wrote:
How lost?

Like need a rescue?
Not really lost just being silly

Lost in that I cannot at this moment tell you the exact steps that I need to get back to my vehicle. But I have a general intuition of where I am and how to get where I’m going

Kind of a microcosm of life actually

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#9717 Post by ghug » Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:11 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:02 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
President Eden wrote:
How lost?

Like need a rescue?
I think Vecna might need a rescue....
I don't know. One time Eden had me dead to rights and then I convinced him I was town with my shroom brain.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#9718 Post by ghug » Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:11 pm

President Eden wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:06 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
President Eden wrote:
How lost?

Like need a rescue?

Lost in that I cannot at this moment tell you the exact steps that I need to get back to my vehicle. But I have a general intuition of where I am and how to get where I’m going

You've still got reception, so things can't be that bad.

President Eden

#9719 Post by President Eden » Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:12 pm

ghug wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:11 pm
President Eden wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:

How lost?

Like need a rescue?

You've still got reception, so things can't be that bad.
They’re wonderful, I found my spot on the lake. Time to shitpost on the forum

BunnyGo

#9720 Post by BunnyGo » Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:12 pm

President Eden wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:
President Eden wrote:
How lost?

Like need a rescue?

Just don’t get shot by a hunter who somehow mistakes a giant human and a dog for a turkey. Like my friend did last week (she’ll eventually be fine…buckshot missed her eye).