M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Message
Author
ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 12126
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm
Location: Seattle
Karma: 6389

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#8861 Post by ghug » Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:46 pm

Vecna wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:39 pm
ghug wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:53 pm
Vecna wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:48 pm


I mean, my first instinct was going to be that it would be in the group of <PE/Chaqa/Vecna/Snowy>

But this is just stacking assumption on top of assumption, and really doesnt result in any actually usefull deductions.
Having taken much smaller risks as scum with bozo before, he'd have to have been pretty strongly overridden. I also thank you for not including me. Clears win games.
I thought about your name after the fact, but im not sure youre that much of a meme'r?
Exactly
2

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 7648
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:33 pm
Location: Allentown, PA, USA
Karma: 4464

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#8862 Post by Chaqa » Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:46 pm

President Eden wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:44 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:42 pm
President Eden wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:41 pm
If the mafia really is shooting for PRs, then the longer the Oracle hides, the more they have to shoot the non-clears. If the mafia is only trying to keep up the appearance of shooting for PRs, then the longer the Oracle hides, the more they have to either shoot the non-clears to maintain appearances, or else drop the pretense.

Oracle should stay hidden.
Underlined section is faulty logic as all of the PRs save the Oracle are clears and revealed, so mafia shooting for PRs would not shoot in the unclears. Are you being willfully backwards with your logic?
Unless... they want to shoot the Oracle?????????? Obviously??????????
Why would they want to shoot the Oracle over cop or doc
2

Vecna
Posts: 10976
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:43 am
Karma: 4456

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#8863 Post by Vecna » Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:46 pm

ghug wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:31 am
##VOTE Jamie

He loves weird nightkills.
does he really though?
3

snowy801
Posts: 3513
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:47 am
Karma: 5666

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#8864 Post by snowy801 » Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:48 pm

Also adding oracle to the PoE adds another level of wifom to the powers that I think is detrimental for us
4

President Eden
Posts: 3027
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:11 pm
Karma: 4937

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#8865 Post by President Eden » Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:48 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:46 pm
President Eden wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:44 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:42 pm


Underlined section is faulty logic as all of the PRs save the Oracle are clears and revealed, so mafia shooting for PRs would not shoot in the unclears. Are you being willfully backwards with your logic?
Unless... they want to shoot the Oracle?????????? Obviously??????????
Why would they want to shoot the Oracle over cop or doc
I have no idea, but if you're the Cop, they plainly do, judging from the nightkill. Or they want to look like they do.

Which is exactly what I said at the beginning.

Please stop picking out random sentences and asking questions without the broader context. You're not this stupid.
1

Vecna
Posts: 10976
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:43 am
Karma: 4456

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#8866 Post by Vecna » Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:49 pm

Doom427 wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:06 am
My cat got tired of the obscure anime I was watching, so now it's PS4 and Mafia with Kitty. My cat says-

"Why is the game harder to figure out now than it was earlier? Once you figure that out, it's clear what you should do".

Well, things are harder because there are a lot of different discussions fighting over different things, and there's no obvious smoking gun I can tunnel on. But I don't see how that makes anything clear?

"It means you should pet me more"

That's what I get for going to a cat for Mafia advice.

At this point, a counter claim from Mafia on any power role would just result in hanging both parties and being done with it. I suppose if Tom came on and said he was doctor, we might just assume he's lying and kill him, and anyone claiming Miller would just be laughed at, but anything else we would hang both. Not like anyone has actually CC yet, but important to note.

And I guess I'm stuck, cause whiles it's fun to put down my analysis of why Mafia would CC cop or JOAT, it actually makes no sense to write it now, before Mafia (or Town) actually does it
Hahaha, what is this I dont even know why...not enough

upvotes?
2

Durga
Posts: 8836
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:01 pm
Location: Canada
Karma: 4261

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#8867 Post by Durga » Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:49 pm

I'm gonna try to do a bit of rereading tomorrow but does anyone recall how ghug acted around bozo d1. I do feel like ghug is probably scum
2

BunnyGo
Posts: 10324
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:21 am
Karma: 3260

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#8868 Post by BunnyGo » Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:51 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:42 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:41 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:20 pm
Honestly I'm thinking it's bozo/Jasnah/?????/and maybe like Vecna or rdrivera

There's very few visible scum left in this game and I've grown to trust myself enough to say if I feel that way it means there aren't

@Bunny Vecna I think?

@kgray I don't remember the context to that

@Jamiet hi
Ok. I think you came off worse than Vecna. I'm sure you can view your posts from an outside perspective. Thoughts?
Shrug
I tend to confuse scum and PR at the worst of times. I don't know what else to tell you
Oh, I'm totally on board with that.

But your constantly looking for counterwagons to bozo. Trying to flash TFB.

More interesting was the first fall of the bozo wagon. You were on it until it gained steam. Then pushed all the counter wagons (verbally or with actual vote) and never went back to bozo again. Why?
2

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 6763
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:34 pm
Karma: 3475

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#8869 Post by kgray » Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:51 pm

ghug wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:31 pm
kgray wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:35 pm
kgray wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:27 pm


tbh the only time I thought ghug was towny was when I thought scum!Chaqa slipped that ghug was town.

A lot of it's omgus I guess but I don't think his push on me is genuine (particularly the fact that he thinks I'm obvscum because I'm not obvtown when he admitted I'm not playing like my scum game...), nor do I think he had any reason to make it such a large proportion of his contributions to the game.

I think him staying on a non-viable TFB wagon after bozo claimed doc is suspicious, and him moving to worcej after worjec CC'd is even worse.
Especially considering ghug had been doubting worcej as scum and literally said he didn't think worcej was scum 6 minutes before EOD. He kept saying bozo was a wagon he was okay with, but then near EOD shaded Durga for voting bozo and agreed with snowy's theory that bozo was scum's preferred wagon.

And I just don't see how he chooses to vote worcej over bozo when it comes down to it.
You asked me this before, and I answered. Did the answer move you at all?
I did not ask you this, TFB did. And no, I was not moved.
2

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 6763
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:34 pm
Karma: 3475

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#8870 Post by kgray » Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:53 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:31 pm
ghug wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:29 pm
kgray wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:27 pm


tbh the only time I thought ghug was towny was when I thought scum!Chaqa slipped that ghug was town.

A lot of it's omgus I guess but I don't think his push on me is genuine (particularly the fact that he thinks I'm obvscum because I'm not obvtown when he admitted I'm not playing like my scum game...), nor do I think he had any reason to make it such a large proportion of his contributions to the game.

I think him staying on a non-viable TFB wagon after bozo claimed doc is suspicious, and him moving to worcej after worjec CC'd is even worse.
I haven't admitted that you're not playing like you're scum game. Your scum game looks like your town game but without the rabid dog bleeding towniness, and that's what I see here. You used to have an issue with undercommitting to townreads, but you corrected that the last time you were scum, which is why I mistakenly townread you despite being underwhelmed in my gut.

The TFB wasn't non-viable. It was tied with Tom with four minutes left and received one more vote after that point. I moved off when it did become non-viable, though obviously my choice there was poor.
ghug I really don't think kgray is scum
why
3

Vecna
Posts: 10976
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:43 am
Karma: 4456

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#8871 Post by Vecna » Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:53 pm

ghug wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:24 am
snowy801 wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:22 am
ghug wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:20 am


But now you don't cause I'm obvtown right?
ghug I think you're town but this habit of saying "I'm obvtown" really has to stop (that goes for all you fuckers)

It makes me want to scum read you just to spite you
I'm not sure I'm capable of being obviously town, snowy.
The fact im not at all suspicious of you, or finding any reasons to be suspicious of you, is probably a bad sign lmao
3

BunnyGo
Posts: 10324
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:21 am
Karma: 3260

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#8872 Post by BunnyGo » Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:53 pm

President Eden wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:45 pm
In fact I've repeatedly pointed out that the one PR they would be shooting for at this point is the Oracle, as the JOAT would've already used its abilities and the others have claims.
I don't get you, man.
2

BesharamSabi
Posts: 1086
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:50 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
Karma: 1992

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#8873 Post by BesharamSabi » Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:54 pm

Has anyone in past games fake claim being the oracle? If so, how did that go?
3

snowy801
Posts: 3513
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:47 am
Karma: 5666

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#8874 Post by snowy801 » Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:55 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:51 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:42 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:41 pm


Ok. I think you came off worse than Vecna. I'm sure you can view your posts from an outside perspective. Thoughts?
Shrug
I tend to confuse scum and PR at the worst of times. I don't know what else to tell you
Oh, I'm totally on board with that.

But your constantly looking for counterwagons to bozo. Trying to flash TFB.

More interesting was the first fall of the bozo wagon. You were on it until it gained steam. Then pushed all the counter wagons (verbally or with actual vote) and never went back to bozo again. Why?
I looked at the people on it and said this is sus. Couldn't tell you who without looking at it again
Also there is a noted tendency for town players to want fairly even wagons going into EoD and it looked unnatural, though in retrospect I may not have considered the magnitude of numbers in a 21 player game

At the time it very much looked like a scum push
3

President Eden
Posts: 3027
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:11 pm
Karma: 4937

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#8875 Post by President Eden » Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:55 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:53 pm
President Eden wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:45 pm
In fact I've repeatedly pointed out that the one PR they would be shooting for at this point is the Oracle, as the JOAT would've already used its abilities and the others have claims.
I don't get you, man.
Probably because nobody actually reads my posts, which is fine, I get it, they're long and sometimes very dense. But then don't pick some random sentence out and question me on it when I've actually explained it and act like it makes no sense if you're not going to read it.
1

snowy801
Posts: 3513
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:47 am
Karma: 5666

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#8876 Post by snowy801 » Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:55 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:54 pm
Has anyone in past games fake claim being the oracle? If so, how did that go?
I expect there was much jeering and fruits thrown
2

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 18453
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 10244
Contact:

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#8877 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:55 pm

Durga wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:43 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:40 pm
lol what if jasnah was the Oracle
Does it only work if oracle is nk'd?
No but if the Oracle dies D1 they haven't entered a target so their power is lost.
2

Vecna
Posts: 10976
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:43 am
Karma: 4456

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#8878 Post by Vecna » Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:56 pm

kgray wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:31 am
snowy801 wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:22 am
ghug wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:20 am


But now you don't cause I'm obvtown right?
ghug I think you're town but this habit of saying "I'm obvtown" really has to stop (that goes for all you fuckers)

It makes me want to scum read you just to spite you
omg I just realized Rivera never hardclaimed 100% confirmed vanilla town :shock:
See, how can anyone actually think Kgray is scum

Y'all are daft
3

Doom427
Posts: 526
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:54 am
Karma: 973

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#8879 Post by Doom427 » Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:56 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:53 pm
President Eden wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:45 pm
In fact I've repeatedly pointed out that the one PR they would be shooting for at this point is the Oracle, as the JOAT would've already used its abilities and the others have claims.
I don't get you, man.
I mean, this makes perfect sense to me. If you are miller and WorceJ is Doctor, and Chaqa is cop... The Oracle tells us NOTHING. It's not a useful power right now. It's only use would be to confirm one of you, and not the others. If one of you AREN'T who you say you are, they would probably avoid shooting oracle because it has a chance of biting them in the ass.
3

BesharamSabi
Posts: 1086
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:50 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
Karma: 1992

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#8880 Post by BesharamSabi » Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:57 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:55 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:54 pm
Has anyone in past games fake claim being the oracle? If so, how did that go?
I expect there was much jeering and fruits thrown
What I mean let's say a VT fake claim oracle so to put a target on their back from scum to protect the real oracle.
3

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests