M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Message
Author
kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 6763
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:34 pm
Karma: 3476

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#8761 Post by kgray » Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:44 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:42 pm
The reason I want to vote Snowy or Rivera over ghug is I don't see scumGhug being so contrarian as ghug has been. It's minor town indicator for ghug.
What has he been contrarian about?
2

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 6763
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:34 pm
Karma: 3476

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#8762 Post by kgray » Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:44 pm

idk I think bozo/ghug/Tom make a lot of sense
2

Durga
Posts: 8836
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:01 pm
Location: Canada
Karma: 4261

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#8763 Post by Durga » Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:46 pm

kgray wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:44 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:42 pm
The reason I want to vote Snowy or Rivera over ghug is I don't see scumGhug being so contrarian as ghug has been. It's minor town indicator for ghug.
What has he been contrarian about?
If anything I feel like he's a lot less contrarian/controversial here than what I would expect from his town game
2

Durga
Posts: 8836
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:01 pm
Location: Canada
Karma: 4261

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#8764 Post by Durga » Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:47 pm

I think I'm back to townreading Jamie bc he voted bozo early and bozo was on him all day right
2

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 6763
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:34 pm
Karma: 3476

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#8765 Post by kgray » Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:48 pm

Durga wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:46 pm
kgray wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:44 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:42 pm
The reason I want to vote Snowy or Rivera over ghug is I don't see scumGhug being so contrarian as ghug has been. It's minor town indicator for ghug.
What has he been contrarian about?
If anything I feel like he's a lot less contrarian/controversial here than what I would expect from his town game
That was my feeling too. Except for him getting under my skin (and scumreading me isn't exactly a unique perspective) I feel like he's just going with the flow.
2

Doom427
Posts: 526
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:54 am
Karma: 973

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#8766 Post by Doom427 » Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:50 pm

kgray wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:38 pm
Doom427 wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:35 pm

I voted for tom, but for some reason, checking the bot, it... doesn't count that?

Don't love voting with a big focus on Jasnah as scum, even if I believe it. Snowy and Gray I sorta have trouble reading, b/c... for some reason my mind doesn't process either of their posts very well? Need more shitposting at night from them or something I guess. Vecna I have slight scummy feelings toward, but..

##VOTE TOM

Count it this time bot? Pls.

I don't know, it's weird he survived day 2. Objectively weird. Only makes sense to me if there was an effort in chaos to not vote Tom, for whatever reason. A lot of odd votes then could be chalked up to not wanting to kill team when one can avoid it.
Can you talk more about the underlined part, please? Who do you think was trying not to vote Tom, and considering bozo was scum, why would it be scummy for people to not vote Tom in the bozo vs Tom EOD?
You're right, everyone who knows Bozo is scum should 100% percent be voting for Bozo at EOD2, and not voting for Tom.

Except we don't know Bozo is scum at EOD2. The best wagon at that point is voting for Tom, and considering we don't have a real way to decide between the two doctor claimants, it's seem very likely to imagine a player deciding post claims to vote Bozo or WorceJ, say it's because you don't trust them and think they're scum, and that way save Tom to be a later game player. Scum!Bozo is going to get hanged eventually with the doctor claim. If Bozo dies, we kill WorceJ the next day, and Tom gets to stick around.
2

Doom427
Posts: 526
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:54 am
Karma: 973

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#8767 Post by Doom427 » Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:52 pm

Doom427 wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:50 pm
kgray wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:38 pm
Doom427 wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:35 pm

I voted for tom, but for some reason, checking the bot, it... doesn't count that?

Don't love voting with a big focus on Jasnah as scum, even if I believe it. Snowy and Gray I sorta have trouble reading, b/c... for some reason my mind doesn't process either of their posts very well? Need more shitposting at night from them or something I guess. Vecna I have slight scummy feelings toward, but..

##VOTE TOM

Count it this time bot? Pls.

I don't know, it's weird he survived day 2. Objectively weird. Only makes sense to me if there was an effort in chaos to not vote Tom, for whatever reason. A lot of odd votes then could be chalked up to not wanting to kill team when one can avoid it.
Can you talk more about the underlined part, please? Who do you think was trying not to vote Tom, and considering bozo was scum, why would it be scummy for people to not vote Tom in the bozo vs Tom EOD?
You're right, everyone who knows Bozo is scum should 100% percent be voting for Bozo at EOD2, and not voting for Tom.

Except we don't know Bozo is scum at EOD2. The best wagon at that point is voting for Tom, and considering we don't have a real way to decide between the two doctor claimants, it's seem very likely to imagine a player deciding post claims to vote Bozo or WorceJ, say it's because you don't trust them and think they're scum, and that way save Tom to be a later game player. Scum!Bozo is going to get hanged eventually with the doctor claim. If Bozo dies, we kill WorceJ the next day, and Tom gets to stick around.
Realizing maybe you thought I was talking about Day 3? There I don't think it's as big a tell, day 2 I think it is a big tell.
2

Durga
Posts: 8836
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:01 pm
Location: Canada
Karma: 4261

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#8768 Post by Durga » Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:54 pm

If the scum team was bozo/ghug/tom/vecna I can totally see them killing randoms like damo bona and Ifischil
3

President Eden
Posts: 3027
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:11 pm
Karma: 4937

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#8769 Post by President Eden » Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:55 pm

Durga wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:54 pm
If the scum team was bozo/ghug/tom/vecna I can totally see them killing randoms like damo bona and Ifischil
it's bozo/ghug/tom/chaqa 8-)
1

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 18456
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 10245
Contact:

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#8770 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:58 pm

President Eden wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:35 pm
I think it's highly unlikely that the real Cop is dead (whatever Chaqa's alignment), as lfischl didn't strike me as a Cop - seems like he would have cc'd Chaqa. So I think there's a Cop out there, patiently racking up scans and waiting for the right time. It'd be reasonable to think that you have a lot of time to wait, because there are so many straight up clears alive right now, and it isn't as though the game is bogging down on account of Chaqa's claim such that it needs addressing.
If they don't claim today, or tonight, or tomorrow.... what then?

At what point will the lack of another Cop cause you to change your mind?
2

Durga
Posts: 8836
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:01 pm
Location: Canada
Karma: 4261

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#8771 Post by Durga » Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:59 pm

PE sounds lazy to me
2

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 6763
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:34 pm
Karma: 3476

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#8772 Post by kgray » Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:00 pm

Doom427 wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:52 pm
Doom427 wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:50 pm
kgray wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:38 pm


Can you talk more about the underlined part, please? Who do you think was trying not to vote Tom, and considering bozo was scum, why would it be scummy for people to not vote Tom in the bozo vs Tom EOD?
You're right, everyone who knows Bozo is scum should 100% percent be voting for Bozo at EOD2, and not voting for Tom.

Except we don't know Bozo is scum at EOD2. The best wagon at that point is voting for Tom, and considering we don't have a real way to decide between the two doctor claimants, it's seem very likely to imagine a player deciding post claims to vote Bozo or WorceJ, say it's because you don't trust them and think they're scum, and that way save Tom to be a later game player. Scum!Bozo is going to get hanged eventually with the doctor claim. If Bozo dies, we kill WorceJ the next day, and Tom gets to stick around.
Realizing maybe you thought I was talking about Day 3? There I don't think it's as big a tell, day 2 I think it is a big tell.
No I did mean D2, and I see what you're saying. You think scum would rather sacrifice bozo quick when he's going to eventually be DK'd anyway, and wouldn't want Tom to be killed in the meantime. That's a good point (though I disagree about us being likely to kill worcej the next day).
2

President Eden
Posts: 3027
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:11 pm
Karma: 4937

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#8773 Post by President Eden » Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:01 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:58 pm
President Eden wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:35 pm
I think it's highly unlikely that the real Cop is dead (whatever Chaqa's alignment), as lfischl didn't strike me as a Cop - seems like he would have cc'd Chaqa. So I think there's a Cop out there, patiently racking up scans and waiting for the right time. It'd be reasonable to think that you have a lot of time to wait, because there are so many straight up clears alive right now, and it isn't as though the game is bogging down on account of Chaqa's claim such that it needs addressing.
If they don't claim today, or tonight, or tomorrow.... what then?

At what point will the lack of another Cop cause you to change your mind?
probably when he's either nightkilled or the game ends, but only maybe.
1

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 6763
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:34 pm
Karma: 3476

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#8774 Post by kgray » Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:02 pm

I love Chaqa being petty and refusing to +1 Eden's posts :lol:
6

President Eden
Posts: 3027
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:11 pm
Karma: 4937

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#8775 Post by President Eden » Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:02 pm

Durga wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:59 pm
PE sounds lazy to me
Durga wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:16 am
I will say I genuinely think PE is trying to solve the game and even if his analysis is often weird or wrong he is TRYING and that makes him townie imo
make up ur mind
1

President Eden
Posts: 3027
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:11 pm
Karma: 4937

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#8776 Post by President Eden » Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:03 pm

kgray wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:02 pm
I love Chaqa being petty and refusing to +1 Eden's posts :lol:
he fucked up last night which is where my no-context "put that +1 back" post came from

can't even remember to continue playing mad, what a scumbo
1

Fluminator
Posts: 3537
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:50 pm
Karma: 2088

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#8777 Post by Fluminator » Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:03 pm

President Eden wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:01 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:58 pm
President Eden wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:35 pm
I think it's highly unlikely that the real Cop is dead (whatever Chaqa's alignment), as lfischl didn't strike me as a Cop - seems like he would have cc'd Chaqa. So I think there's a Cop out there, patiently racking up scans and waiting for the right time. It'd be reasonable to think that you have a lot of time to wait, because there are so many straight up clears alive right now, and it isn't as though the game is bogging down on account of Chaqa's claim such that it needs addressing.
If they don't claim today, or tonight, or tomorrow.... what then?

At what point will the lack of another Cop cause you to change your mind?
probably when he's either nightkilled or the game ends, but only maybe.
If Chaqa was nightkilled, you'd probably still read him as scum as a plot to get me conftown when I'm actually his scum partner.
5

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 12128
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm
Location: Seattle
Karma: 6391

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#8778 Post by ghug » Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:03 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:04 pm
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:47 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:29 pm


"Gross" in what way exactly?

What did I get wrong?
Nothing. But why did you feel the need to recap? Also discrediting snowy and thugs votes as them not voting you seems lazy and not something you would normally do as town. Town Jamie would try to expose their arguments as bad - not try to just say they like voting you
The brief recap was just confirming that although I'm not totally caught up I'm aware of the Joat claim and the implication that it more or less clears Chaqa. Why is it gross to say that? It isn't "gross" at all, you're just being a weirdo.

Ghug's reason for voting me was "he loves weird nightkills". I don't have much to say about that.

I don't know what the phrase "Also discrediting snowy and thugs votes as them not voting you" is supposed to mean but I don't understand it. They are voting me and I didn't say they weren't.
Do you not love weird nightkills?
2

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 7650
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:33 pm
Location: Allentown, PA, USA
Karma: 4465

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#8779 Post by Chaqa » Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:03 pm

President Eden wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:03 pm
kgray wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:02 pm
I love Chaqa being petty and refusing to +1 Eden's posts :lol:
he fucked up last night which is where my no-context "put that +1 back" post came from

can't even remember to continue playing mad, what a scumbo
I gave up on it since you're clearly immune to shame
1

President Eden
Posts: 3027
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:11 pm
Karma: 4937

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#8780 Post by President Eden » Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:05 pm

Fluminator wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:03 pm
President Eden wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:01 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:58 pm


If they don't claim today, or tonight, or tomorrow.... what then?

At what point will the lack of another Cop cause you to change your mind?
probably when he's either nightkilled or the game ends, but only maybe.
If Chaqa was nightkilled, you'd probably still read him as scum as a plot to get me conftown when I'm actually his scum partner.
nah, I don't think you're mafia, so that would not be the reason to continue suspecting him after a nightkill
Chaqa wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:03 pm
President Eden wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:03 pm
kgray wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:02 pm
I love Chaqa being petty and refusing to +1 Eden's posts :lol:
he fucked up last night which is where my no-context "put that +1 back" post came from

can't even remember to continue playing mad, what a scumbo
I gave up on it since you're clearly immune to shame
no fucking shit i'm immune to shame in mafia :lol:
1

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 5 guests