M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#7421 Post by ghug » Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:04 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:53 pm
ghug wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:51 pm
kgray wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:42 pm

Holy fuck, my accusations are getting old? :lol:
It's amazing how you feel the need to reframe what I'm saying even when you're making a joke.

I've backed off. That doesn't mean I'm going to avoid the argument entirely. You've espoused the belief that your bozo vote makes you look good repeatedly, and it's starting to rub off on others. I believe it does not, and I have stated why. It's unfair to characterize that as me being an asshole for the fun of it.
ghug who else do you think is scum?
Number two is Jamie, and then it gets fuzzier, but the PoE pool is Boat, Tom, you, Eden.

Chaqa exists elsewhere and will hopefully be sorted without my action. I'm slightly leaning town on him at this point, but I'd take him over any individual in that PoE pool

I resent the implication that I'm ignoring everyone else here, because I'm really not.

BunnyGo

#7422 Post by BunnyGo » Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:04 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:56 pm
For everyone voting me:

Assume bozo is scum (which I’m fairly certain)

Why, in a no flip game - or really any game - would scum bozo claim doc knowing there would be a cc eventually, and risk pushing everyone on me if I were scum? It literally makes no sense. That would be killing yourself (albeit delayed) and maybe killing a teammate if everyone went to me instead of worcej.
Are you suggesting that bozo would know that worcej was going to claim doctor?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#7423 Post by ghug » Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:05 pm

kgray wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:53 pm
ghug wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:51 pm
kgray wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:42 pm

Holy fuck, my accusations are getting old? :lol:
It's amazing how you feel the need to reframe what I'm saying even when you're making a joke.

I've backed off. That doesn't mean I'm going to avoid the argument entirely. You've espoused the belief that your bozo vote makes you look good repeatedly, and it's starting to rub off on others. I believe it does not, and I have stated why. It's unfair to characterize that as me being an asshole for the fun of it.
Hey can you just leave me alone please? Thanks.
No? We're playing a game together and I think it's in my team's best interests to kill you.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#7424 Post by ghug » Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:06 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
For everyone voting me:

Why, in a no flip game - or really any game - would scum bozo claim doc knowing there would be a cc eventually, and risk pushing everyone on me if I were scum? It literally makes no sense. That would be killing yourself (albeit delayed) and maybe killing a teammate if everyone went to me instead of worcej.
Worcej was the presumed counterwagon at that point, not you. He didn't know that he'd be the one claiming cop.

Vecna

#7425 Post by Vecna » Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:06 pm

President Eden wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:03 pm
Tom Bombadil wrote:
For everyone voting me:

The bot’s vote tracking data suggests you were one of several potential targets near EOD, with Bona, Boat, and worcej roughly at your vote count. worcej pulled ahead as the main alternative for a few minutes leading up to the claim. So it’s fair to think that he might not have expected you to take off.

More to the point, that EOD was incredibly chaotic, and I suspect mafia didn’t have their thumb on the pulse of how it was going to go. I am a bit surprised you didn’t factor this into your analysis, as you were the one suggesting EOD chaos is good for town, and that reason is chief among the reasons why. Maybe mafia did make a mistake at the end—isn’t that the point of chaos?

None of that proves you’re mafia, but it does make your retort here not very compelling
good post eden

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#7426 Post by Chaqa » Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:09 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
For everyone voting me:

This is the kind of basic logic I don't hate.

Let's not hammer Tom today

President Eden

#7427 Post by President Eden » Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:10 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:09 pm
Tom Bombadil wrote:
For everyone voting me:

This is the kind of basic logic I don't hate.

Let's not hammer Tom today
I don’t think it holds up to scrutiny, but we don’t have to get Tom per se.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#7428 Post by Chaqa » Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:10 pm

Worc had 4 votes to Tom's 3. I don't think it's fair to say Bozo knew worcej would get the votes before it happened.

Vecna

#7429 Post by Vecna » Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:12 pm

I really would strongly want to advocate here to end-hammer on Bozo within the next 3h45 so we can start the slightly longer than 24h night and skip a day of this day3.

Unironically, bozo is going to be todays outcome regardless. There'll potentially be another split wagon, but itll be close-close and in the end were gonna go for the safe option and kill Bozo.

Lets just do it 24h earlier. Save us from another 24h of semi-serious semi-shitposting.

Save the game from going into even crazier territory. Plenty of people are already having difficulty being caught up.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#7430 Post by Tom Bombadil » Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:13 pm

ghug wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:06 pm
Tom Bombadil wrote:
For everyone voting me:

Worcej was the presumed counterwagon at that point, not you. He didn't know that he'd be the one claiming cop.
Correct. But I certainly think it’s plausible that people could have switched to me rather than worcej - especially since worcej had some defenders and pretty much everyone was bleh towards me. I think it was risky enough that bozo would never claim there if I were scum. He’d go down with the ship, no? Worcej claiming added extra chaise - but that’s sort of irrelevant to my point.

BunnyGo

#7431 Post by BunnyGo » Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:15 pm

Vecna wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:12 pm
I really would strongly want to advocate here to end-hammer on Bozo within the next 3h45 so we can start the slightly longer than 24h night and skip a day of this day3.

Unironically, bozo is going to be todays outcome regardless. There'll potentially be another split wagon, but itll be close-close and in the end were gonna go for the safe option and kill Bozo.

Lets just do it 24h earlier. Save us from another 24h of semi-serious semi-shitposting.

Save the game from going into even crazier territory. Plenty of people are already having difficulty being caught up.
What do you think of the nighttime benefits to town of making scumlife hard by keeping bozo alive another day?

I can even think of one more night time benefit nobody else has mentioned yet.

President Eden

#7432 Post by President Eden » Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:16 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:10 pm
Worc had 4 votes to Tom's 3. I don't think it's fair to say Bozo knew worcej would get the votes before it happened.
Tom’s point, as I understand it, is that bozo wouldn’t have claimed with Tom among the vote candidates, because it risked getting a different teammate dogpiled. That seems to depend on the premise that either bozo knew Tom would be the default target, or else that he would think the risk too high to claim.

The first is plainly not true as there were several other candidates besides both of them, and as you note worcej was actually the lead wagon, albeit not by much. I distinctly recall before the bozo votes piled up (which happened fast) that we had a bunch of 2-3 vote wagons. I don’t think anybody could reasonably have foreseen day breaking how it did.

The second is not specifically true or false, and depends on knowing the mafia team’s risk profile which is hard to do. Importantly Tom is reasoning backward from the conclusion (that potentially we had 2 mafia on the block) to argue that it was too risky for mafia to have actually put themselves in that situation. But again, I don’t think anybody could have known it would break that way. Just because the result is a disaster for mafia doesn’t mean that, at the point of the decision, it was particularly likely to be, which is what actually matters for evaluating the decision.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#7433 Post by ghug » Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:16 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:13 pm
ghug wrote:
Tom Bombadil wrote:
For everyone voting me:

Correct. But I certainly think it’s plausible that people could have switched to me rather than worcej - especially since worcej had some defenders and pretty much everyone was bleh towards me. I think it was risky enough that bozo would never claim there if I were scum. He’d go down with the ship, no? Worcej claiming added extra chaise - but that’s sort of irrelevant to my point.
I'd use the fact that Boat got some votes against him too if you want to make this case.

I think it's not completely without merit, but I think there are plenty of scenarios where bozo claimed just because that's what you do, or because he was willing to gamble that it wouldn't be you, so ultimately it doesn't move the needle that much for me.

Vecna

#7434 Post by Vecna » Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:17 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
ghug wrote:
Tom Bombadil wrote:
For everyone voting me:

Also tom, Bozo claimed when it was the following:

Bozo: 8
Worce: 6
Tom: 3

Was it really that plausible it was gonna land on you instead of on worc?

President Eden

#7435 Post by President Eden » Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:17 pm

ghug wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:16 pm
Tom Bombadil wrote:
ghug wrote:

I'd use the fact that Boat got some votes against him too if you want to make this case.

I think it's not completely without merit, but I think there are plenty of scenarios where bozo claimed just because that's what you do, or because he was willing to gamble that it wouldn't be you, so ultimately it doesn't move the needle that much for me.
I ramble too much, this is a much more succinct and better way to say it, good post

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#7436 Post by ghug » Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:18 pm

President Eden wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:17 pm
ghug wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:16 pm
Tom Bombadil wrote:

I ramble too much, this is a much more succinct and better way to say it, good post
This is why I only play on my phone.

(Not really I'm just lazy)

Vecna

#7437 Post by Vecna » Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:20 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:15 pm
Vecna wrote:

What do you think of the nighttime benefits to town of making scumlife hard by keeping bozo alive another day?

I dont think any ammount of wifom with bozo alive, PR actions, scum having to make tough choices.......

Match up with keeping the momentum and energy of this game going. While also keeping the shitposting vs solving ratio more to the liking of people with less time to spent on this game (which actually will also be me starting soon. Starting friday my time for this is going to get reduced significantly due to starting a new job).

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#7438 Post by kgray » Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:21 pm

Vecna wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:47 pm
kgray wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:59 pm
Like ffs maybe I'm just sick of putting a bunch of effort into this game and in response getting 'nah you're not obvtown, so you must be scum.' And then if I try to question those reads they just keep digging in deeper, and if I ask about other things I get accused of bussing, or arguing in poor faith, or being illiterate/intentionally misrepresenting the situation. And now here's Jamie and TFB jumping in thinking they know me and how I play this game.

And to think I actually *was* enjoying it for a hot second this morning.
Just ignore the party poopers. Lets solve the game together
I mean, I'm trying. You agree that lfischl is super towny?

I also think Sabi makes zero sense as bozo's partner based on bozo defending TBF to Sabi and bozo encouraging me to be suspicious of Sabi. Bozo also defended TFB to lfischl. Not super convinced this is incriminating for TFB, but I'm about ready to officially cross Sabi off the suspect list.

Relevant posts:
bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:57 pm
kgray wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:42 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:40 pm

What part of BesharamSabi's statement were you saying was not true?
The exact thing they said, that they’ve never seen me be this buddy buddy with bona.
So you are saying BesharamSabi has seen this before, despite his statement? Did you take this as BesharamSabi suggesting you might be pocketing Bonatogether?
bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:15 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:55 pm

Tfb this is sus that you want to kill people off instead of keeping people alive.
We do need to try to kill the mafia, but I think a D1 no-kill is worth considering in this game because it is no reveal, which is not typical for games here.
bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:37 pm
lfischl wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:24 pm
Where did TFB go? he voted bona and then just left.
He did post 45 times after voting for Bonatogether.

Vecna

#7439 Post by Vecna » Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:22 pm

Besides, theres also the potential that its the Bozo doing all the PR hunting on the scumteam.

One less set of eyes makes their combined insight slightly worse.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#7440 Post by Chaqa » Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:23 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:15 pm
Vecna wrote:

Yeah I'm very much against killing Bozo today. Maybe tomorrow.