M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#7381 Post by Tom Bombadil » Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:21 pm

kgray wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:07 pm
ghug wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:05 pm
kgray wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:26 pm

What the heck Tom. I'm still a possibility because the scumread I pushed that turned out to be (almost certainly) scum could have just been me bussing? That's not even a reason to scumread me, it's just claiming that anything I'm doing could still be done by scum.
You first voted for bozo when he was already up by two votes. What are we supposed to see in that that clearly makes you town?
I didn't say it clearly makes me town???? I said Tom is ignoring that possibility and just saying I could be scum for doing it which is lazy and forced.
I don’t know why you think this is lazy or forced? I am literally not even voting for you in this post. I’m pointing out the town clearing good players for pushing bozo is not smart. Hell, if anything it’s a compliment. I think your response is a little misleading in saying I am discounting you being town - which is not the case at all - but that is how you are framing it.

I don’t post a ton, but I post what I think, when I think it.

What is lazy is my wagon, which is basically just an easy miskill, since I’ve been on the block since day one since I was out of town this previous weekend and everyone just assumes because I don’t post as much as I did in 2018 I must be scum.

Jamiet99uk

#7382 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:21 pm

Pres. Eden wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:17 pm
jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:15 pm
President E. wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:14 pm

On the level of the mech clears? Do you have any others that strong?
Technically nobody is mechanically clear but after the people who probably are, Durga is my top townread.
I ask because you put her literally next to you :lol:
She’s the only person in there who you either (1) don’t have a role PM confirming, or (2) believe is clear from mechanics
“Mechanically clear” is subjective from your perspective based on those presumptions, so it instantly made sense to me why you put everyone else there, and I was just curious why Durga is there when, while she’s obvtown to me, she’s a step below the ones who have mechanical data making them town
I wasn't offering a ranking but, again, I confirm that I strongly townread Durga so in a flash summary, I included her.

Obviously I townread myself, :lol:
There are decades where nothing happens, and there are weeks where decades happen. - Lenin.

Fluminator

#7383 Post by Fluminator » Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:23 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:21 pm
kgray wrote:
ghug wrote:

You first voted for bozo when he was already up by two votes. What are we supposed to see in that that clearly makes you town?
I didn't say it clearly makes me town???? I said Tom is ignoring that possibility and just saying I could be scum for doing it which is lazy and forced.
I don’t know why you think this is lazy or forced? I am literally not even voting for you in this post. I’m pointing out the town clearing good players for pushing bozo is not smart. Hell, if anything it’s a compliment. I think your response is a little misleading in saying I am discounting you being town - which is not the case at all - but that is how you are framing it.

What is lazy is my wagon, which is basically just an easy miskill, since I’ve been on the block since day one since I was out of town this previous weekend and everyone just assumes because I don’t post as much as I did in 2018 I must be scum.
What do you think of the last minute swing onto you last eod?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#7384 Post by ghug » Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:23 pm

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:51 pm
Durga wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:42 pm
Inb4 ghug and kgray are scum together and the reason kgray is so pissed is bc ghug keeps bussing her for no good reason in a no flip game
That would make lol. Is that something thug would do? I don't actually have any meta reads on him.
I never get good scummates to fight with publicly (RIP wjessop), so I totally would, but not if she weren't on board with it.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#7385 Post by Tom Bombadil » Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:25 pm

Fluminator wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:23 pm
Tom Bombadil wrote:
kgray wrote:

What do you think of the last minute swing onto you last eod?
Not really alignment indicative. People are either going to be firm in who they think is lying, or jump to neither claimant and I was the third highest wagon at the time. I’m a safe place for scum to jump to since it won’t raise eyebrows and a safe place for town to jump to since I’m not a PR claimant.

Durga

#7386 Post by Durga » Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:25 pm

ghug wrote:
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Durga wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:42 pm
Inb4 ghug and kgray are scum together and the reason kgray is so pissed is bc ghug keeps bussing her for no good reason in a no flip game
That would make lol. Is that something thug would do? I don't actually have any meta reads on him.
I never get good scummates to fight with publicly (RIP wjessop), so I totally would, but not if she weren't on board with it.
Didn't wjessop literally try to roleblock you *because* you kept bussing or shading him

President Eden

#7387 Post by President Eden » Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:25 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Pres. Eden wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:17 pm
jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:15 pm

Technically nobody is mechanically clear but after the people who probably are, Durga is my top townread.
I ask because you put her literally next to you :lol:
She’s the only person in there who you either (1) don’t have a role PM confirming, or (2) believe is clear from mechanics
“Mechanically clear” is subjective from your perspective based on those presumptions, so it instantly made sense to me why you put everyone else there, and I was just curious why Durga is there when, while she’s obvtown to me, she’s a step below the ones who have mechanical data making them town
I wasn't offering a ranking but, again, I confirm that I strongly townread Durga so in a flash summary, I included her.

Obviously I townread myself, :lol:
Sure fair enough, mostly I’m trying to understand your process better because I think your results are generally fine—not sure about you but of course you TR yourself…

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#7388 Post by ghug » Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:26 pm

kgray wrote:
ghug wrote:
kgray wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:26 pm

What the heck Tom. I'm still a possibility because the scumread I pushed that turned out to be (almost certainly) scum could have just been me bussing? That's not even a reason to scumread me, it's just claiming that anything I'm doing could still be done by scum.
You've brought it up multiple times in defense of yourself, claiming that you'd never push bozo like you did if you were scum. Why does voting him when he was already a strongly leading wagon carry they much weight?

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#7389 Post by kgray » Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:27 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
kgray wrote:
ghug wrote:

You suggested that I could have bussed bozo because I thought bona had a guilty scan on him. What supports that? Do you think bona was hinting that he had a guilty on bozo at the time I was questioning bozo's push on worcej?

Without you presenting anything backing up your implications, yeah. I think it's lazy and forced.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#7390 Post by ghug » Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:29 pm

Durga wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:25 pm
ghug wrote:
TheFlyingBoat wrote:

Didn't wjessop literally try to roleblock you *because* you kept bussing or shading him
Yeah, but we agreed it was smart for me to bus him and really he was just upset that it was working and our other teammate died anyway.

Vecna

#7391 Post by Vecna » Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:32 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:42 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:32 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:19 pm

Bozo is mechanically scum. There is no benefit to keeping him alive.
I'm pretty sure he is scum, yes, but there's a chance (however small) you and worcej are scum trying to throw doc!Bozo out, and it's not a risk we need to take.

I don't think that is what is happening, but I'm not willing to risk it yet.
Then why does bozo claim to have protected bunny? This implies, on assumption that this the edge case of bona/worcej scumteam, that JOAT did the protection or that mafia held the nk. In the first case, JOAT can claim to set up either a 2 PRs for 2 scum or 1 PR and 1 VT for 2 scum. The second case is unproveable but sets up a 2 vs 1 of PR for scum, an objectively bad deal for scum that logarithically locks scum out of the game.
stop showing off math-nerd 8-)

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#7392 Post by kgray » Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:33 pm

ghug wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:26 pm
kgray wrote:
ghug wrote:

You've brought it up multiple times in defense of yourself, claiming that you'd never push bozo like you did if you were scum. Why does voting him when he was already a strongly leading wagon carry they much weight?
I mean I don't think I would have bused bozo like that in this game. You are free to disagree. But I was talking to bona about that, because bona had a different perspective in that I was actually talking with him about wanting to get bozo at EOD. You saying I'm implying that I'm clearly town here, with Tom, when I wasn't at all saying that, just looks like you're making up reasons to scumread or irritate me.

Vecna

#7393 Post by Vecna » Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:35 pm

President Eden wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:56 pm
Vecna wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:53 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:49 pm
I still don't think we should kill Bozo today.

I do think he's mafia in say 75%+ of universes, but the potential WIFOM situation it puts mafia in is quite valuable, as I've said before. Referring back to my list of possible scum suspects, I'd like to vote Snowy or Tom today, or maybe Rivera or TFB.

Rivera has been flying under the radar heavily, but that isn't super unusual for him.

Tom's biggest thing going for him is being a scum counter-wagon.

I think those three are my pool for today.
Chaqa darling, you my precious, but I think you should refrain from pushing opinions on this, because it would also be hella usefull for scum-chaqa to keep this wifom scenario alive as long as possible so he has a valid excuse to still not be dead-o.

And if youre town, this type o logic is gonna be used against you at some point.
This is uncharacteristically optics-focused for Vec IMO
i do love me some telescopes

Vecna

#7394 Post by Vecna » Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:36 pm

President Eden wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:02 pm
Bro what is happening :lol:

It’s like the town decided this game was getting too easy and now all the obvtowns are clowning to make it a fair fight
uh yeah, so just like, hammer bozo and carry on

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#7395 Post by Tom Bombadil » Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:36 pm

kgray wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:27 pm
Tom Bombadil wrote:
kgray wrote:

You suggested that I could have bussed bozo because I thought bona had a guilty scan on him. What supports that? Do you think bona was hinting that he had a guilty on bozo at the time I was questioning bozo's push on worcej?

Without you presenting anything backing up your implications, yeah. I think it's lazy and forced.
How am I supposed to back up my implications? I think it’s possible you were PR hunting. Bona pushed bozo hard and I think it’s pretty clear scum thought he had a scan on bozo. This means someone on the scum team realized this during the day. As I’ve said before, I think you are the likeliest of the bozo voters to be this person.

I’m literally going to die before the end game anyway. I’m saying this because so many people have said that there won’t be bussing in a no flip setup which is idiotic. This theory shows why - if bozo gets oracled (or even not now that we pretty much sorta know he is scum) everyone softclears you. You had heat before this so you need the towncred.

If you think this is lazy I don’t know what to tell you. I’ll be more like everyone else and post 5,000 messages of nonsense and check to see if I’m on the top three posters on the bot.

President Eden

#7396 Post by President Eden » Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:39 pm

Joke’s on you I’m #4

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#7397 Post by ghug » Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:41 pm

kgray wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:33 pm
ghug wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:26 pm
kgray wrote:

I mean I don't think I would have bused bozo like that in this game. You are free to disagree. But I was talking to bona about that, because bona had a different perspective in that I was actually talking with him about wanting to get bozo at EOD. You saying I'm implying that I'm clearly town here, with Tom, when I wasn't at all saying that, just looks like you're making up reasons to scumread or irritate me.
No, I picked the Tom post because it's a sentiment I've heard you expressing repeatedly and I don't think it's a fair one. The accusations of ill intent are getting old.

Durga

#7398 Post by Durga » Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:41 pm

Wow Tom shading me for no reason like ok at least I obvtowned that's also an important thing to do in a mafia game.

snowy801

#7399 Post by snowy801 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:41 pm

President Eden wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:39 pm
Joke’s on you I’m #4
This is the easiest game ever. What's my prize

Fluminator

#7400 Post by Fluminator » Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:42 pm

Vecna have you ever been scum in the last 3 years on webdip?