M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#7181 Post by Tom Bombadil » Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:36 pm

At work and can’t keep up with you maniacs all the time.

I still sorta like giving Oracle a useful dead person rather than almost certainly scum bozo. (Though I suppose with multiple near clears scum probably aren’t going to hit Oracle anyways so we could probably just dispatch bozo here)

##vote President Eden for now. Will fully catch-up at lunch.

I also think kgray is still a possibility. Assume scum killed Bona because they thought they had a guilty scan on bozo. Kgray could have picked up on this and bussed bozo. Certainly bussing does make sense in a setup with oracles as it could give scum deep cover if a dead scum is revealed. Also would help explain why her counterwagon fizzled and wagons started on me and TFB (to a lesser degree)

I think either of these would be a better Oracle target than bozo.

BunnyGo

#7182 Post by BunnyGo » Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:36 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:34 pm

Wait wait wait hold up,,,,,, HOW IS MANGO SCUMMY?

Bona All TOGETHER, father of Sarah the cool catto, slayer of scum,,,,,, how could you betray me like this
Sorry, Sabi. I have no idea what you're trying to say. I like the new confidence, but could you keep up with your original clarity?

Jamiet99uk

#7183 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:39 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:36 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:

Bona All TOGETHER, father of Sarah the cool catto, slayer of scum,,,,,, how could you betray me like this
Sorry, Sabi. I have no idea what you're trying to say. I like the new confidence, but could you keep up with your original clarity?
Now it is your turn not to understand jokes.

Bona said that Mango was a scummy flavour.

Mango was the flavour Bozo said was his favourite during sign ups.

Besharam is hammily over-reacting to this as a joke.
This signature is hard to read in dark mode.

Jamiet99uk

#7184 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:43 pm

Holy shit I've got over 9,000 karma.

My Karma has gone up by about 650 during this game so far. That's insane.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#7185 Post by kgray » Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:44 pm

Fluminator wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:39 am
kgray wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:23 am
Fluminator wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:05 am
Hey! You've gone after me more this game than vice versa! :P
Well I've never claimed that you sweat towniness....

And you know what you did was scummy and that's all I'm going to say on that.
I legitamitely have no memory of what scummy thing you could be talking about. Shutting down the damo cop theory?
No. But I am thinking about it more and though I still think it's scummy, it might actually make you less likely to be scum... I don't know, it's not important atm

Jamiet99uk

#7186 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:44 pm

Now you can see why I volunteered to GM so many times back in the days when only +1-ing the GM was allowed.

Jamiet99uk

#7187 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:46 pm

kgray wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:44 pm
Fluminator wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:39 am
kgray wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:23 am

Well I've never claimed that you sweat towniness....

And you know what you did was scummy and that's all I'm going to say on that.
I legitamitely have no memory of what scummy thing you could be talking about. Shutting down the damo cop theory?
No. But I am thinking about it more and though I still think it's scummy, it might actually make you less likely to be scum... I don't know, it's not important atm
This is confusing.

If you think it's not important could you briefly explain what it was, so that we can put it aside and stop wondering what you saw that others missed?

BesharamSabi

#7188 Post by BesharamSabi » Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:47 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
BesharamSabi wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:27 pm
Just trying to catch up to posts, what have I missed?

By God yall shit post a lot so it's hard to find actual nuggets of info while rereading.
Most of us think Bozo was scum fake-claiming Doctor, and therefore believe that Worcej and Bofatogether are town.

Bozo is now self voting and appealing to the Oracle to scan him.

President Eden is fucking around and being weird and made a silly fake Cop claim.

BunnyGo scumreads me but his lazy arguments are paper thin.

Kgray is not having fun.
I think kgray is town. That is an annoyance of someone who is innocent that is being targeted. If she was scum she would have brushed it off instead of constantly refocusing that she isn't scum. So yea this has made her town in my eyes.

The flimsy boat looks sus and overly calculated, on the other hand.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#7189 Post by kgray » Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:49 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:47 am
Oh kgray did you miss my explanation of the ghug read?

I thought he was Doctor, when he hardclaimed it.

I didn’t want to explain it for fear of making scum think about it
Yeah I did see that you said that, though you still said you were unsure about ghug after he hardclaimed doc and before the alleged slip. And if you didn't want scum to think about the possibility of doc!ghug, why would you state outright that you unironically believe him?

So honestly this explanation makes me more suspicious. I guess that's why it's called a tunnel.

BesharamSabi

#7190 Post by BesharamSabi » Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:49 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
BesharamSabi wrote:

It was a joke reaction to him saying Mango is scummy.

I have no choice but to vote for Bona because of this ##VOTE bonathescum

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#7191 Post by Chaqa » Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:49 pm

I still don't think we should kill Bozo today.

I do think he's mafia in say 75%+ of universes, but the potential WIFOM situation it puts mafia in is quite valuable, as I've said before. Referring back to my list of possible scum suspects, I'd like to vote Snowy or Tom today, or maybe Rivera or TFB.

Rivera has been flying under the radar heavily, but that isn't super unusual for him.

Tom's biggest thing going for him is being a scum counter-wagon.

I think those three are my pool for today.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#7192 Post by Chaqa » Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:52 pm

kgray wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:49 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:47 am
Oh kgray did you miss my explanation of the ghug read?

I thought he was Doctor, when he hardclaimed it.

I didn’t want to explain it for fear of making scum think about it
Yeah I did see that you said that, though you still said you were unsure about ghug after he hardclaimed doc and before the alleged slip. And if you didn't want scum to think about the possibility of doc!ghug, why would you state outright that you unironically believe him?

So honestly this explanation makes me more suspicious. I guess that's why it's called a tunnel.
Yeah that's fair. It wasn't an immediate realization I had so the progression was a little weird

BunnyGo

#7193 Post by BunnyGo » Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:53 pm

Chaqa wrote:

I do think he's mafia in say 75%+ of universes, but the potential WIFOM situation it puts mafia in is quite valuable, as I've said before. Referring back to my list of possible scum suspects, I'd like to vote Snowy or Tom today, or maybe Rivera or TFB.

Rivera has been flying under the radar heavily, but that isn't super unusual for him.

Why snowy/TFB?

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#7194 Post by rdrivera2005 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:53 pm

Chaqa wrote:

I have counted four. Who you excluded from your pool?

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#7195 Post by Tom Bombadil » Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:55 pm

Chaqa - what are your thoughts on ghug. Obviously he is not in your pool so you townread him at least to a degree? Why?

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#7196 Post by Chaqa » Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:56 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:53 pm
Chaqa wrote:

Why snowy/TFB?
Snowy is my #1 scumread after Bozo, and has been for some time, though it's mostly based on a gut feeling on him. I admit he isn't the easiest person to read, but I kinda feel like he has to be flipped eventually anyway.

TFB is tougher. I had a mild townread on him in Day 1 but he's done absolutely nothing all game like some of the other new players.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#7197 Post by Chaqa » Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:58 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:53 pm
Chaqa wrote:

I have counted four. Who you excluded from your pool?
I was thinking of the three as Snowy, Tom, TFB.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#7198 Post by Chaqa » Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:59 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:55 pm
Chaqa - what are your thoughts on ghug. Obviously he is not in your pool so you townread him at least to a degree? Why?
He's around the same tier as Kgray. Could go either way, but I'm still confident I'll get a feel for him at some point.

Though maybe the fact he hasn't obvtown'd to me is telling.

President Eden

#7199 Post by President Eden » Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:02 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
At work and can’t keep up with you maniacs all the time.

I still sorta like giving Oracle a useful dead person rather than almost certainly scum bozo. (Though I suppose with multiple near clears scum probably aren’t going to hit Oracle anyways so we could probably just dispatch bozo here)

##vote President Eden for now. Will fully catch-up at lunch.

I also think kgray is still a possibility. Assume scum killed Bona because they thought they had a guilty scan on bozo. Kgray could have picked up on this and bussed bozo. Certainly bussing does make sense in a setup with oracles as it could give scum deep cover if a dead scum is revealed. Also would help explain why her counterwagon fizzled and wagons started on me and TFB (to a lesser degree)

I think either of these would be a better Oracle target than bozo.
Hark, I challenge thee to a gladiatore

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#7200 Post by kgray » Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:02 pm

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:51 am
kgray wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:19 am
ghug wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:01 am

I wouldn't mind an open-ended paragraph like the first one in my last post.
K well I don't do succinct, so here's a few paragraphs.

<snip>
This is a nice post other than your scum read of me which I'll get to in a second. First, I wanted to dive into a counter factual with you. In your second paragraph you devote a lot of analysis to a worldview built around your current view that Damo is the cop. I am curious about your reads in the alternate read in which Damo is just a normal townie.

You say that Damo being cop forces you to accept President Eden is town. How high on your list of suspects would PE rank if Damo is not the cop and doesn't have that "obvtown" clear from Damo?

If damo is not the cop, how much would you say it affects you view that Chaqa isn't the cop? Does it significantly raise your estimation of the possibility or just slightly/not at all? And what do you make of the scum reads you have on Flum in the world the Chaqa is the cop? Who would you point to as scum in such a world?

And then as for your scum read, I really just disagree with it and I don't want to rehash this in long form for the nth time unless you want me to, so I'll just say I really don't think I am that careful at all or avoided controversy. I've made plenty of jokes, led wagons on people like Flum (though it ultimately failed), was probably Jasnah's most ardent defender and sought out fights on the issue a BUNCH, and was really active in the D1 controversies. D2 I was less active on because of watching Texas football with friends and then playing VDL R3 but when I did engage I had plenty of longform posts and back and forth argumentation with people like Bona where had deep replies to each other. I also posted a read list early at the top the day which I defended periodically too.
What do you think is nice about this post?

I don't really scumread Eden even without damo being cop. And I think the excitement over thinking he found damo crumbing his innocence seems sincere, so regardless of whether that was what damo was doing, I think the whole thing looks good for Eden. So I don't at all feel 'forced' to accept that Eden is town, it just happens to fit very well with my theories on the game.

If damo isn't the cop then obviously it decreases the chances that Chaqa is scum. There's little to no chance Jasnah was the cop, so there's either a real cop alive who will (hopefully) reveal themselves before dying or it's really just Chaqa. Obviously the no-reveal thing makes this more dubious.

And obviously if Chaqa is the cop, Flum is clear. If Chaqa is not the cop, it becomes a wifom game of wondering whether Chaqa would try to find a VT/PR or 'clear' a teammate. But I don't think Chaqa's and Flum's alignments affect my reads of anyone very much, so I'd still be suspicious of the same people.