M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#4481 Post by Chaqa » Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:34 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:33 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:24 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:17 pm

It is easy to fake crumbs like that.
Perhaps, but I'm not the kind of player to take a chance that I might pick someone who isn't a VT. How would I as scum know Flum was VT?

It only makes sense if he was my teammate. As Eden said before, there's very few people I would trust to make a play like that with, and Flum isn't one of them.
If you weren't the cop, and you were wrong about Flum being VT, what would you expect him to do? Immediately correct you and say "No Chaqa I'm actually the JOAT!"

Highly unlikely.
No, but if/when he eventually revealed, he would be able to out me as a fake.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#4482 Post by Tom Bombadil » Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:37 pm

kgray wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:32 pm
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:59 pm
I find worcejs reaction extremely suspicious if jasnah is scum considering how quick he was to immediately think she must be scum from a play that makes zero sense as either alignment.
Tom, why do you think it's more likely this was an impulsive bus than an impulsive scumread of the person in a CC who he believes to not be the role they're both claiming?
Because scum are quicker to jump to conclusions given their knowledge of what is the truth (again assuming jasnah was scum). I would expect town to take longer to try to figure out who is telling the truth versus immediately assuming one or the other is being truthful.

His follow up post to immediately ending jasnah was:

"D1 is jasnah/Bunny
D2 is Bunny/jasnah
D3 we resume the game.

Looks like we got our 'boring PR game' after all lawlz

Probably should've just no-killed like I proposed."

which seemed a little like covering his tracks to me.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4483 Post by ghug » Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:37 pm

Chaqa wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:17 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:11 pm

From my perspective my crumb was basically unchallengeable.
It is easy to fake crumbs like that.
Perhaps, but I'm not the kind of player to take a chance that I might pick someone who isn't a VT. How would I as scum know Flum was VT?

It only makes sense if he was my teammate. As Eden said before, there's very few people I would trust to make a play like that with, and Flum isn't one of them.
Except that if he's a PR, you're still outing a PR when you get counterclaimed, which isn't so bad for you.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4484 Post by ghug » Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:38 pm

kgray wrote:
kgray wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:22 pm
With all this discussion about how much time worcej had to process and second guess Chaqa's cop claim, I'm surprised bozo isn't considering how much time Chaqa had to reflect on allegedly outing himself.

If Chaqa is the cop and knows claiming makes him either a NK target or negates the usefulness of is role, why didn't he immediately retract the claim at the start of the night? He had the same 20 minutes worcej did to react, and he only retracted the claim after 30.

I think someone in scumchat pointed out that he needed to retract it.
It was you, wasn't it?

Vecna

#4485 Post by Vecna » Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:38 pm

Durga wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:45 pm
Feeling better about bozo after reading the last few pages 🥴

Why can't we have at least one obv scum
I know right

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#4486 Post by kgray » Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:44 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:37 pm
kgray wrote:
Tom Bombadil wrote:
I find worcejs reaction extremely suspicious if jasnah is scum considering how quick he was to immediately think she must be scum from a play that makes zero sense as either alignment.
Tom, why do you think it's more likely this was an impulsive bus than an impulsive scumread of the person in a CC who he believes to not be the role they're both claiming?
Because scum are quicker to jump to conclusions given their knowledge of what is the truth (again assuming jasnah was scum). I would expect town to take longer to try to figure out who is telling the truth versus immediately assuming one or the other is being truthful.

"D1 is jasnah/Bunny
D2 is Bunny/jasnah
D3 we resume the game.

Okay, thanks. I can't get over the fact that I immediately believed Bunny over jasnah (in terms of the Miller claims - I do think jasnah was probably town), so I don't find worcej believing Bunny also to be a sign that he knows too much.

And I think worcej is more careful as scum and more likely to jump to wild conclusions as town. And most importantly, I think immediately bussing a teammate doesn't make much sense at all in this setup.

I'm just not seeing any world in which worcej and jasnah are scumbuddies and it concerns me that this is (I think) your strongest read in the game.

Vecna

#4487 Post by Vecna » Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:44 pm

worcej wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:21 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:18 pm
worcej wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:10 pm
Bozo's framing a case on me with the phases not even accurately accounted for.

He quotes my post, clearly showing a Friday timestamp, and labels it as D2. He doubles down on this multiple times.

This is one of the more obvious scumtells I've seen in awhile.

##vote bozo
It is obvious I was talking about N1, not D2, and I already corrected that in another post. That is a very poor excuse for a scum read.
Is it? I think you just don't like a blatantly bad slip by you. That you did multiple times.

Framing me leading off D2 with something regarding Chaqa versus N1 is a big deal because of the time difference to form thoughts and opinions on the subject matter.
You also said that you hoped scum would NK snowy. Is he that obv-town to you, even though youre irritated?

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#4488 Post by Tom Bombadil » Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:44 pm

The damo kill is still lingering in my mind as well.

We know damo was town. We know that he softed COP fairly blatantly. Then we have a cop claim and retract - but definitely puts into question damos soft.

So either scum

1) Thought he was COP and killed him (this would heavily implicate Chaqa being scum.) I don't know that people familiar with damo would really believe he would soft that hard though were he the actual cop. Upon a reread of damo is seems pretty likely he was just trying to draw the NK.

2) Thought he was trying to draw the NK and killed him anyway because of reads. Damo laid out his reads, but never pushed too hard so I don't see too much here either. The biggest angle would maybe be that he had a few strong towreads (Eden, DOom, BSabi) that they wanted him to die with.

Just seems like a weird kill to me. Maybe slighly less experience scumteam? Though that seems unlikely from a probability standpoint. If scum thought damo was faking the claim they surely would have pegged him as VT and not another PR - so the kill makes no sense to me unless they dont care about trying to hit PRs.

TheFlyingBoat

#4489 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:45 pm

lfischl wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:15 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:59 pm
I would, but every time I post something there's thirty more posts about how I'm scum and fake claiming. I'm kinda over trying for now, hence why I said I'd sheep Flum or Bunny.
If he's fake claiming then why hasn't the real cop cc'd.
Why on earth would the real cop cc this early?

lfischl

#4490 Post by lfischl » Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:45 pm

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:45 pm
lfischl wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:15 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:59 pm
I would, but every time I post something there's thirty more posts about how I'm scum and fake claiming. I'm kinda over trying for now, hence why I said I'd sheep Flum or Bunny.
If he's fake claiming then why hasn't the real cop cc'd.
Why on earth would the real cop cc this early?
Fair enough

Durga

#4491 Post by Durga » Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:46 pm

lfischl wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:34 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:30 pm
Lfischl, any strong thoughts atm?
I still don't like bozo and am leading towards eden as scum. Worcej has brought up an interesting point about sabi only wanting to vote him, my guess is sabi is town, but it would be nice to hear more about other people from them.
Why Eden

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#4492 Post by Tom Bombadil » Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:48 pm

kgray wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:44 pm
Tom Bombadil wrote:
kgray wrote:

"D1 is jasnah/Bunny
D2 is Bunny/jasnah
D3 we resume the game.

Okay, thanks. I can't get over the fact that I immediately believed Bunny over jasnah (in terms of the Miller claims - I do think jasnah was probably town), so I don't find worcej believing Bunny also to be a sign that he knows too much.

And I think worcej is more careful as scum and more likely to jump to wild conclusions as town. And most importantly, I think immediately bussing a teammate doesn't make much sense at all in this setup.

I'm just not seeing any world in which worcej and jasnah are scumbuddies and it concerns me that this is (I think) your strongest read in the game.
I don't think people (scum) are going to play much differently with no flip. If I've learned anything about mafia here it is that people love bussing.

I don't really agree that worcej is more careful but I can understand your point that his immediate end vote seems to be careless (though also for effect since obviously the end vote would never go through).

For the record, my strongest read is bona as town (besides assuming for now Bunny and Flum and Chaqa - though the Chaqa thing is giving me pause a little).

Other than that, I don't really have strong reads. If I haven't mentioned someone I don't have a strong read of them..so yeah

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#4493 Post by Tom Bombadil » Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:49 pm

kgray - what do you make of Durga's hard defense of jasnah's claim?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4494 Post by ghug » Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:49 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:26 pm
ghug wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:16 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:14 am

I don't know, why does he?
Jamie is a very stupid person. To prove that scumreading you for stupid reasons is scummy, you have to show his behavior as town, not just his behavior as scum.
Weren't you the one going off about how Jamiet's actually a smart player and we underestimate him at our peril in M69?

Not to detract from your actual point but what changed your mind?
Nah, he's not actually stupid. I'm just not a big fan right now.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4495 Post by Chaqa » Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:50 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:44 pm
The damo kill is still lingering in my mind as well.

We know damo was town. We know that he softed COP fairly blatantly. Then we have a cop claim and retract - but definitely puts into question damos soft.
-- snipped--
He most definitely did not.

Durga

#4496 Post by Durga » Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:50 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:49 pm
My what

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4497 Post by ghug » Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:53 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
kgray wrote:
Tom Bombadil wrote:

"D1 is jasnah/Bunny
D2 is Bunny/jasnah
D3 we resume the game.

I'm still balled that you're assuming jasnah was scum. Nearly everyone's reaction was initially thinking she was scum after Bunny's claim and then coming around, or thinking she was scum from the get go, but you initially thought she was scum, started to come around, and then returned to thinking she was scum. Why?

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#4498 Post by Tom Bombadil » Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:54 pm

Durga wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:50 pm
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:49 pm
My what
Your defense of jasnah's claim and how there was no motivation for scum jasnah to do that and you thought it was a joke. This is while worcej and others were all voting jasnah?

Jamiet99uk

#4499 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:54 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:32 pm
Jeez ghug if nobody's on go the fuck to sleep
What's the context for this weird comment?
There are decades where nothing happens, and there are weeks where decades happen. - Lenin.

lfischl

#4500 Post by lfischl » Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:54 pm

Durga wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:46 pm
lfischl wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:34 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:30 pm
Lfischl, any strong thoughts atm?
I still don't like bozo and am leading towards eden as scum. Worcej has brought up an interesting point about sabi only wanting to vote him, my guess is sabi is town, but it would be nice to hear more about other people from them.
Why Eden
Mostly a gut feeling for me. I just don't think he's town.