M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
bozotheclown

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#3881 Post by bozotheclown » Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:40 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:34 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:32 pm
Looking at damo's D1, I think his strong town read of PE points to him being the cop. Obviously damo would not want to make it obvious to the mafia that he was the cop, which I think explains the things being pointed to where he does not make it obvious. However, I think the point of damo's PE crumbs as cop would be to identify his clear if he was revealed as the cop, and there is no way anyone besides PE could be interpreted as his clear. Also, his strong town read of PE, starting with his very first post, do not make much sense otherwise, unless he was trying to draw the NK (which is not something I think I have ever seen damo do).

However, I do not think Chaqa should be DKed while it is still possible to resolve the cop question with the JOAT or oracle, in case he really is the cop.

I still think it is very likely jasnah was town. Maybe she was trying to draw the DK because she was VT and did not have time to play. Maybe she was fake claiming for reactions. If she was fake claiming as mafia, I think that would be violating her requirement to try to play to her win condition.

I find those who took the opportunity of the miller CCs to try to set up DKs of jasnah and BunnyGo suspicious, specifically worcej and Jamie.

I also find Fluminator's switch from worcej to jasnah as soon as Chaqa claimed cop suspicious, because he knew worcej would be picking up Chaqa votes. However, Fluminator can only be scum with Chaqa, so if he was protecting worcej, that would mean Fluminator, Chaqa, and worcej are all scum, which is not outside the realm of possibility.

Overall, I think worcej and Jamie are our best chances at scum.

##VOTE Jamie
What are your thoughts on my scumreading of you?
I understand your criteria for scum reading me, but if I do not have strong scum reads, I am not going to fabricate them.

bozotheclown

#3882 Post by bozotheclown » Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:41 pm

snowy801 wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:
Looking at damo's D1, I think his strong town read of PE points to him being the cop. Obviously damo would not want to make it obvious to the mafia that he was the cop, which I think explains the things being pointed to where he does not make it obvious. However, I think the point of damo's PE crumbs as cop would be to identify his clear if he was revealed as the cop, and there is no way anyone besides PE could be interpreted as his clear. Also, his strong town read of PE, starting with his very first post, do not make much sense otherwise, unless he was trying to draw the NK (which is not something I think I have ever seen damo do).

However, I do not think Chaqa should be DKed while it is still possible to resolve the cop question with the JOAT or oracle, in case he really is the cop.

I still think it is very likely jasnah was town. Maybe she was trying to draw the DK because she was VT and did not have time to play. Maybe she was fake claiming for reactions. If she was fake claiming as mafia, I think that would be violating her requirement to try to play to her win condition.

I find those who took the opportunity of the miller CCs to try to set up DKs of jasnah and BunnyGo suspicious, specifically worcej and Jamie.

I also find Fluminator's switch from worcej to jasnah as soon as Chaqa claimed cop suspicious, because he knew worcej would be picking up Chaqa votes. However, Fluminator can only be scum with Chaqa, so if he was protecting worcej, that would mean Fluminator, Chaqa, and worcej are all scum, which is not outside the realm of possibility.

##VOTE Jamie
ooh yikes
Do you care to elaborate on this reaction?

Bonatogether

#3883 Post by Bonatogether » Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:41 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:40 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:

##VOTE Jamie
I understand your criteria for scum reading me, but if I do not have strong scum reads, I am not going to fabricate them.
Do you believe that it is a useful metric, over all of your games?

Fluminator

#3884 Post by Fluminator » Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:41 pm

Wait Bona, what's your read on Chaqa? I know you said we should save him and autokill at a point, but outside of that?

snowy801

#3885 Post by snowy801 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:43 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:41 pm
snowy801 wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:

##VOTE Jamie
ooh yikes
You are the single most galactic brain player I've ever seen in my life, and your conclusion is that damo was cop and Jamiet is scum?

President Eden

#3886 Post by President Eden » Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:43 pm

Great post.
snowy801 wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:28 pm
4) Appropos of nothing, worcej is so very obviously scum. I don't know what kgray and bona are smoking.
I know you say it's obvious but talk more about this.
snowy801 wrote:
6) Doom, Eden, Vecna, TFB, Sabi, kgray, Jamiet, ghug, bona all very clearly town, so our candidate pool is quite small indeed.

Durga and rdrivera are probably town too, and who knows what people are smoking about lfischl, but assuming there's merit it just leaves mostly bozo, Tom, Fluminator, worcej, Chaqa to draw from (+/- my misreading people, which I imagine is possible).

I'd guess if I misread someone it'd be TFB/ghug but I don't think so
I would put Durga in the same tier as Doom et al. Can't talk about lfischl but I suspect it will be self-resolving in due time.
snowy801 wrote:
The problem then is that the scum ratio in this game is quite low already, and we've written off a goodly number of them from the voting pool already (1-2), so we've got people grasping at shadows and endlessly clashing TvT based on ego and rampant suspicion.
I agree. It seems to me that the mafia are those hanging out on the outskirts letting things happen.

Bonatogether

#3887 Post by Bonatogether » Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:44 pm

Fluminator wrote:
Wait Bona, what's your read on Chaqa? I know you said we should save him and autokill at a point, but outside of that?
I think he's most likely scum, but his existence precludes the use of the rb unless the scumteam wants to take a big risk (possibly generating a clear and removing a scummate). In the event I'm wrong, then soaking the roleblock is useful anyways.

bozotheclown

#3888 Post by bozotheclown » Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:45 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:
Bonatogether wrote:

I think it is fair to say that I have trouble coming up with false reasons to scum read players when I am scum, but the next time I draw mafia I will keep that in mind.

Bonatogether

#3889 Post by Bonatogether » Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:46 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:45 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:

I think it is fair to say that I have trouble coming up with false reasons to scum read players when I am scum, but the next time I draw mafia I will keep that in mind.
What is different about this game that you cannot find any scumreads?

President Eden

#3890 Post by President Eden » Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:46 pm

Fluminator wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:39 pm
To people talking about among us, there's this steam game called deceit that's free and is among us but better. Time to move on to better games.
I'm intrigued

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3891 Post by ghug » Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:46 pm

Durga wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:07 pm
A game this size shouldn't be no flip. Scum hunting is less exciting when you don't get instant gratification.
This is an example of setup complaining that I find alignment indicative

President Eden

#3892 Post by President Eden » Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:47 pm

ghug wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:46 pm
Durga wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:07 pm
A game this size shouldn't be no flip. Scum hunting is less exciting when you don't get instant gratification.
This is an example of setup complaining that I find alignment indicative
+1

President Eden

#3893 Post by President Eden » Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:47 pm

##VOTE worcej

let's get this bread

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3894 Post by ghug » Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:49 pm

President Eden wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:27 pm
Sabi - town but getting replaced apparently(?)

Bona - dislike his reasoning on Chaqa, but I don't really see why his read on Chaqa would change the way it did if he were mafia. town

bozo - really dropping off here, sad

Bunny - miller

Chaqa - SIGH.................................... no idea what to make of him. strong candidate for town power roles to be used to resolve. not voting him

Doom - town

Durga - town

Flum - idk, I wanted to believe town, but have strongly disliked his d2. it probably isn't enough to merit a change in read though.

ghug - town but I find myself glazing over his posts with kgray so caveat that if you suspect him based off that, I didn't read it lol

Jamie - still not meaningfully involved, this is probably a good wagon

kgray - town but I find myself glazing over her posts with ghug so caveat that if you suspect her based off that, I didn't read it lol

lfischl - suspicious on content, but a bad vote for now

rivera - town, he is lacking the needlessly pointed dismissals that define his mafia game

snowy - I see where people are coming from on tone, but I still think he is town. I would like to see more decisive directions and opinions though, because in particular on a reread I think this is BS:
snowy801 wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:59 am
I don't make it a habit of just outright stating my conclusions at the start of the day, as I believe it restricts the breadth of discussion and draws lines of contention when an open conversation might be preferred.
or at least a new take on things, if he genuinely changed his style. but he's always been pretty pointed, and goes after things very early on with strong opinions.

Boat - like bozo, alarming drop-off

Tom - :SnoopDoggWHO?gif:

Vecna - tonally seems off, posting volume is lower and words/post higher than anticipated for town game, but hard to critique actual content. someone to keep in mind on future days

worcej - also dropped off a fair bit

##VOTE Jamiet99uk
My posts are like 50 words max. You're one to talk about posts worth glazing over, Mr. Midday Readlist

bozotheclown

#3895 Post by bozotheclown » Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:50 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:43 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
snowy801 wrote:

ooh yikes
You are the single most galactic brain player I've ever seen in my life, and your conclusion is that damo was cop and Jamiet is scum?
I do think there is a good chance damo was the cop, that the mafia knew he was the cop, and that Chaqa is scum counting on damo being the cop.

Also, yes, Jamie is one of my top scum suspects.

Bonatogether

#3896 Post by Bonatogether » Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:51 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:50 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:43 pm
bozotheclown wrote:

I do think there is a good chance damo was the cop, that the mafia knew he was the cop, and that Chaqa is scum counting on damo being the cop.

Also, yes, Jamie is one of my top scum suspects.
Yo what happened to responding to me

we were just talking

Jamiet99uk

#3897 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:51 pm

bozotheclown wrote:

##VOTE Jamie
This entire post does not meaningfully mention me!

How do you conclude that I am scum????

Fake fake fake.
This signature is hard to read in dark mode.

Jamiet99uk

#3898 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:52 pm

President Eden and Bozo are scum together. Its really clear.

bozotheclown

#3899 Post by bozotheclown » Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:53 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:46 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:45 pm
Bonatogether wrote:

What is different about this game that you cannot find any scumreads?
The no reveal does not help, but I think there is a good chance of scum in Chaqa, worcej, and Jamie.

Jamiet99uk

#3900 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:54 pm

I'm done here.

PE and Bozo are both obv scum.

If you don't agree, vote me and watch town lose.

I challenge you all.