M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Fluminator

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#3141 Post by Fluminator » Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:48 pm

kgray wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:44 pm
Fluminator wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:35 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:31 pm

While your points have merit and I'm sifting through damo again myself, you seem awfully invested in making sure nobody thinks damo is cop.

How sure would you say you are that Chaqa is cop?
Snowy day 1: "Flum is scum because he doesn't care enough."
Snowy day 2: "Flum is scummy for caring too much"

Die scum
This is a particularly disingenuous argument. Even with your simplification, it's not like snowy was saying you don't care enough or you care too much about the same thing.
That's literally what he's saying. How is that disingenuous.

BunnyGo

#3142 Post by BunnyGo » Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:50 pm

President Eden wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:46 pm
And to get to the other important part of your post Doom - I would say killing damo makes it very likely mafia doesn't believe Chaqa is Cop lol. I guess I'd have to go reread damo in detail to see, but the one setup move I distinctly remember thinking damo made was suggesting I was his d0 scan as Cop. Maybe there's reason to think he was a different PR.

Or, honestly, maybe mafia knows more than we do about the game state and has reasons we can't expect to find out.
They may have expected us to go after Chaqa either way...save them the trouble.

Fluminator

#3143 Post by Fluminator » Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:50 pm

"You're arguments against this wildly speculative idea that takes many leaps that will lead to the daykilling of a cop claim are super valid.
But it's kind of scummy you're invested in the game"

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3144 Post by Chaqa » Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:52 pm

President Eden wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:46 pm
And to get to the other important part of your post Doom - I would say killing damo makes it very likely mafia doesn't believe Chaqa is Cop lol. I guess I'd have to go reread damo in detail to see, but the one setup move I distinctly remember thinking damo made was suggesting I was his d0 scan as Cop. Maybe there's reason to think he was a different PR.

Or, honestly, maybe mafia knows more than we do about the game state and has reasons we can't expect to find out.
They roleblocked me in the hope town does their dirty work

Doom427

#3145 Post by Doom427 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:53 pm

President Eden wrote:
Doom427 wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:34 pm
Regardless of if Damo is cop.or not, the kill had to be read as meaning the Mafia think it's cop, right? Unless they all agreeded to pick someone they think had a possible crumbed read. That theory leads to PE being Mafia (and honestly, that's a solid plan, not gonna lie. Good on you if that's what happened team scum)
If I'm mafia, then damo can't be hinting that I'm his d0 town scan. His hint only works if I'm town. I am the one person who noticed his behavior that can't be suspicious for noticing it lol.
The theory is Damo is VT, you're Mafia. You saw something that could be a D0 town scan on you. Kill, say Damo has to be cop, then today we hang Chaqa. That's a solid Mafia play, IMO. And is why I think it's good to reread damo's stuff under that light.

bozotheclown

#3146 Post by bozotheclown » Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:53 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:39 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:38 pm
Doom427 wrote:
Regardless of if Damo is cop.or not, the kill had to be read as meaning the Mafia think it's cop, right? Unless they all agreeded to pick someone they think had a possible crumbed read. That theory leads to PE being Mafia (and honestly, that's a solid plan, not gonna lie. Good on you if that's what happened team scum)
Do you mean it leads to PE not being mafia?
He's saying "PE saw a potential cop signal and the person who he thought was the cop is now dead"
OK, I see the theory she was commenting on now. I like the theory, although it does not seem like the most likely explanation.

BunnyGo

#3147 Post by BunnyGo » Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:55 pm

Doom427 wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:53 pm
President Eden wrote:
Doom427 wrote:
If I'm mafia, then damo can't be hinting that I'm his d0 town scan. His hint only works if I'm town. I am the one person who noticed his behavior that can't be suspicious for noticing it lol.
The theory is Damo is VT, you're Mafia. You saw something that could be a D0 town scan on you. Kill, say Damo has to be cop, then today we hang Chaqa. That's a solid Mafia play, IMO. And is why I think it's good to reread damo's stuff under that light.
Doom, a scum!Eden wouldn't mistake it as a D0 town scan. He'd know it wasn't a D0 town scan because scum!Eden would be scum.

Only town!Eden (and other players) can think it might be a D0 town scan.

bozotheclown

#3148 Post by bozotheclown » Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:56 pm

Doom427 wrote:
President Eden wrote:
Doom427 wrote:
I agree that would be a good mafia play, setting us up to kill the real cop.

BunnyGo

#3149 Post by BunnyGo » Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:56 pm

Doom427 wrote:
President Eden wrote:
Doom427 wrote:
Ah! I got it. That's an interesting theory.

bozotheclown

#3150 Post by bozotheclown » Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:58 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:55 pm
Doom427 wrote:
President Eden wrote:

Doom, a scum!Eden wouldn't mistake it as a D0 town scan. He'd know it wasn't a D0 town scan because scum!Eden would be scum.

Only town!Eden (and other players) can think it might be a D0 town scan.
Yes, but in theory the mafia might realize it could look like damo was the cop, so that Chaqa would look suspicious even without a cop CC.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#3151 Post by kgray » Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:58 pm

Fluminator wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:48 pm
kgray wrote:
Fluminator wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:35 pm

Snowy day 1: "Flum is scum because he doesn't care enough."
Snowy day 2: "Flum is scummy for caring too much"

Die scum
This is a particularly disingenuous argument. Even with your simplification, it's not like snowy was saying you don't care enough or you care too much about the same thing.
That's literally what he's saying. How is that disingenuous.
Well I guess I shouldn't speak for snowy, but I will anyway.

I think he's saying you didn't care about the game very much at all yesterday. Today you care a lot about proving damo wasn't the cop so that we believe chaqa is and you're clear. So it's two different things.

That's at least how I read the situation and what I thought snowy was saying.

bozotheclown

#3152 Post by bozotheclown » Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:59 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:56 pm
Doom427 wrote:
President Eden wrote:

Ah! I got it. That's an interesting theory.
Cross post.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3153 Post by ghug » Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:59 pm

Ok, having caught up:

Seeing the number of people who thought damo was cop with an Eden scan, I think it's likely mafia was hunting for the cop there, which de facto means Chaqa isn't. There's also the fact that claiming the most valuable PR to avoid daykill means you're more likely to be scum, and everything he did that made us want to daykill him. The nighttime reaction means nothing; any actual PR with half a brain does that, and thus so does a fake claimant. Flum's quotes have me feeling good about damo not actually being the cop, so overall not a bad position to be in.

All that said, I don't think we should kill Chaqa today. We could be wrong, he eats roleblocks while he's alive, and it'll make the day more interesting. The fact that kgray wants to do this is suspicious. I'm not that surprised by anyone else who's suggesting it. Kgray was less eager to kill Chaqa yesterday than she wanted it to seem, and the jasnah vote was weird. I also don't feel in my bones that she is town, which has been a reliable heuristic in the past (one that I haven't listened to). ##VOTE kgray

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#3154 Post by kgray » Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:01 pm

Doom427 wrote:
President Eden wrote:
Doom427 wrote:
Oh, that's clever. Based on bozo's post of damo's Eden reads, I don't think that's what happened, but I like that take.

Doom427

#3155 Post by Doom427 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:04 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:47 pm
Here are what I think are all of damo's comments on PE:
damo666 wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:47 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:22 pm
Maybe a D1 no-kill is a good option for the no reveal game. One of the primary reasons argued against a D1 no-kill is the lack of information, but in this case we are not going to know the alignment of the DK. The other reason I think a D1 no-kill may be a good option is that it will make sure our PRs do not have to claim D1 to avoid the DK. However, I would like to know what others think.
PE is town.

##vote Chaqa
damo666 wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:45 am
Observations so far:

Sabi as vocal newb very likely town
PE obvtown
Durga TV
Jamie absent
Worcej strangely makes his list announcement redundant by it's very announcement (could be a dk candidate)
Flum scum or bad
Doom ?
Chaqa tad off
Tfb suspicious

Rest: playing to meta
damo666 wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:21 pm
Why is PE self voting?

##vote Jamie
damo666 wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:15 pm
Could both Flum and PE self voting be scumdicative?
damo666 wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:54 pm
Jasnah clearly doesn't give a shit.

And she's voting PE who is obvtown.

I hope she never plays again.

##end
damo666 wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:18 pm
Durga wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:40 pm

He did not double down at all? He immediately relented
It was the second time I obvtowned PE. When you questioned me I expanded my position I did not relent. I still think PE is highly likely town. This going after me us bizarre.
damo666 wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:09 pm
My current thoughts, as much a note to self as a N1 readslist

BSabi - pleasant newb, tad naive maybe, assuming town (would be a very strong scum performance as a newb)

Bona - difficult to read as ever, I assume not online for EOD as vote stayed on Chaqa, null

Bozo - seems a bit understated, slightly scum side of null

Bunny - assume Miller

Chaqa - could be cop, VT or scum, to be discussed tomorrow should he survive

Doom247 - solid performance from newb, townlean

Durga - initially thought she was town, now not quite so sure but still townside of null but only just

Flum - I don't know why he's on my case and he seems to be playing quite oddly. However this would seem unlikely if scum so assuming town for the moment

ghug - I think he would be posting less and differently if scum so assume town but not with great confidence

Jamie - nothing unusual, slight townlean

kgray - impossible to read, I don't particularly scumread her but would not be averse to a kgray dk due to scum skills (sorry kgray)

lfischl - doing the minimum again, null, townside if pushed

Pres Eden - my strongest townread

rdr - minimal posting, null

snowy - really not sure about snowy, please obvtown if you are

TheFlyingBoat - I find TFB hard to understand but I get a town impression

Tom - something not right as others have mentioned, want to his reaction to pressure tomorrow

Vecna - hasn't obv'd yet, I'm sure he will, null for timebeing

worcej - not really sure why he was such a big wagon yesterday, null at mo

I doubt I will be the NK with some other obvious candidates. Tomorrow I will almost certainly be voting a D1 worcej voter.
While I like my theory, and if it is true, I will gloat forever, this REALLY indicates Damo666 cop D0 scans PE. Thanks Bozo!

Um, that sounds rude. Thanks clown? Thanks Bozo the clown.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#3156 Post by kgray » Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:05 pm

ghug wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:59 pm
Ok, having caught up:

Seeing the number of people who thought damo was cop with an Eden scan, I think it's likely mafia was hunting for the cop there, which de facto means Chaqa isn't. There's also the fact that claiming the most valuable PR to avoid daykill means you're more likely to be scum, and everything he did that made us want to daykill him. The nighttime reaction means nothing; any actual PR with half a brain does that, and thus so does a fake claimant. Flum's quotes have me feeling good about damo not actually being the cop, so overall not a bad position to be in.

All that said, I don't think we should kill Chaqa today. We could be wrong, he eats roleblocks while he's alive, and it'll make the day more interesting. The fact that kgray wants to do this is suspicious. I'm not that surprised by anyone else who's suggesting it. Kgray was less eager to kill Chaqa yesterday than she wanted it to seem, and the jasnah vote was weird. I also don't feel in my bones that she is town, which has been a reliable heuristic in the past (one that I haven't listened to). ##VOTE kgray
This can't be real ghug. I am not your strongest scumread.

snowy801

#3157 Post by snowy801 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:07 pm

This game is spicy.

See, aren't no flips exciting?

Fluminator

#3158 Post by Fluminator » Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:07 pm

ghug wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:59 pm
Ok, having caught up:

This makes no sense... What?

Fluminator

#3159 Post by Fluminator » Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:08 pm

I almost read a scumslip in there?

snowy801

#3160 Post by snowy801 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:09 pm

Doom427 wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:04 pm
While I like my theory, and if it is true, I will gloat forever, this REALLY indicates Damo666 cop D0 scans PE. Thanks Bozo!

Um, that sounds rude. Thanks clown? Thanks Bozo the clown.
We've called him bozo for years and he hasn't objected to it yet so far as I know.