M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Message
Author
kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 6762
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:34 pm
Karma: 3470

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#1421 Post by kgray » Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:11 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:51 am
kgray wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:41 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:26 pm


a decent amount of small things

a) comments about me and her being buddies are a thing she did as scum recently

b) viewtopic.php?p=257194#p257194 (if i really was celaph i'd do the fancy link business) is something that like, I've never heard of? It doesn't jibe with what I know of Chaqa (and Eden's take agrees with me), it plays off what Durga said in a way to shade Chaqa but then claims that she's on his side (which in other comments she is), so I scum this interaction

c) Weird disagreement with worcej's post of good scum players, which is broadly right (and has me on it so that's good). I have some slight quibbles with it, like I would put rdr on it, but kgray's previous list of people she isn't willing to dk today does not have sufficient overlap for there to be only 1.5 players on worcej's list.

d) viewtopic.php?p=257333#p257333
a) I don't remember ever buddying you as scum. I remember trying my hardest to get town to ignore your constant insistence that celaph and I were scumbuddies.

b) You misinterpreted that entire situation, I think. I don't think scum!Chaqa panics at that amount of pressure at that time, and I also think Eden agreed with me.

c) My D1 no-kill list is not specific to this game (and tbh isn't really a thing, but I generally start there). My response to worcej's post was specific to this game.

d) I have no idea what you're implying with this post.
a) I said I remember you doing something like buddying me (edit: I found it - it was the bona is sharp business)

b) I misread this post

c) What are your reasons, then?

d) that I don't like it and find it scum-indicative
My reasons for not wanting to kill the people on worcej's list? I mostly just didn't see anything I thought was scummy from those people besides Bunny, and partly ghug.
2

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 6762
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:34 pm
Karma: 3470

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#1422 Post by kgray » Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:11 am

Fluminator wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:54 am
damo666 wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:45 am
Observations so far:

Sabi as vocal newb very likely town
PE obvtown
Durga TV
Jamie absent
Worcej strangely makes his list announcement redundant by it's very announcement (could be a dk candidate)
Flum scum or bad
Doom ?
Chaqa tad off
Tfb suspicious
Kgray likely town

Rest: playing to meta
Damo, why were you voting kgray if you read her as town?
I'm scary :evil:
2

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 6762
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:34 pm
Karma: 3470

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#1423 Post by kgray » Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:13 am

ghug wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:55 am
kgray wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:52 am
President Eden wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:25 am

To be more precise, Durga's post indicated that she immediately believed that jasnah was both town and fakeclaiming. That obviously means BG is the genuine Miller and is also town. Reaching a conclusion that one is genuine and one is fakeclaiming obviously doesn't indicate anything (one of them has to be, and there's no inherent reason why quickly deciding that jasnah was the fakeclaimer is suspicious). Reaching the conclusion that both of them are town, that quickly, may indicate foreknowledge that both were town, which Durga would have if she were mafia.

It's not a 100% logical proof and of course you're free to disagree with my suspicion that she reached that conclusion due to foreknowledge from being mafia. But it isn't that she knew which Miller claim was fake, but rather that she believed both were town.
I must have missed where Durga reacted to Bunny's Miller CC with a townread of him?
I don't think she did, at least immediately.. She thought jasnah was fakeclaiming town and bunny was scum, which makes minimal sense, and then she attacked everyone who called her out on it instead of explaining her position (which, sadly, is NAI).
Okay but that's not what Eden is saying. Eden said Durga believing jasnah was fakeclaiming made Durga scummy. I disagreed. Eden then said Durga thought jasnah and Bunny were both town and *that's* what makes Durga scummy.
2

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 11638
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm
Location: Seattle
Karma: 6011

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#1424 Post by ghug » Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:15 am

Durga wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:58 am
ghug wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:55 am
kgray wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:52 am


I must have missed where Durga reacted to Bunny's Miller CC with a townread of him?
I don't think she did, at least immediately.. She thought jasnah was fakeclaiming town and bunny was scum, which makes minimal sense, and then she attacked everyone who called her out on it instead of explaining her position (which, sadly, is NAI).
Way to misrepresent me again. I'm not impressed. I very much explained my thoughts and to pretend I didn't is really shady.
There's the attacking your accuser thing again.

Answer me these:
a) What was your immediate read of Bunny after he claimed?
aa) If scum, what led you to the conclusion that two people claimed Miller and neither was the Miller.
b) Have your reads of Bunny and/or jasnah changed since your initial reactions?

It's specifically aa) that I think you haven't explained. You did explain why you thought jasnah was fakeclaiming.
2

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 7626
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:33 pm
Location: Allentown, PA, USA
Karma: 4425

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#1425 Post by Chaqa » Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:16 am

I'm like halfway caught up but posting this for my thoughts at the moment.

We vote out jasnah and then Bunny. Anyone on other wagons is being egotistical and we can hunt down anyone being weird during all of this after those two are handled.
1

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 11638
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm
Location: Seattle
Karma: 6011

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#1426 Post by ghug » Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:17 am

kgray wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:06 am
ghug wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:50 am
kgray wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:08 am


Sorry why would scum want to use up two daykills to kill off one of their own? In what world is that a reasonable tradeoff?
a) I think she's town at this point
b) "this is too stupid for scum to do" isn't a good argument when it's also too stupid for town to do. A bad play was made.
Town and scum don't have the same motives and therefore don't have the same consequences. I don't think scum do the same bad plays town do.
I think this particular one doesn't make sense as either alignment.
2

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 11638
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm
Location: Seattle
Karma: 6011

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#1427 Post by ghug » Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:17 am

Durga wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:08 am
President Eden wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:06 am
Durga wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:00 am


Where did I scum read him after, I've even stated that I don't think either is the kill. If you're saying my reads aren't naturally evolving when I've moved off bunny already you're also deliberately lying or deceiving yourself so you can convince yourself I'm scum

I'm not even gonna touch that first part
You aren't engaging with what I'm actually saying. If I'm wrong and you're town then you are choosing one of the worst possible strategies to help me see it.
Idk if this helps but when I read jasnahs claim I dismissed it in my head as a joke since that's all she'd done so far and someone said she once caught five scum in a row. I wasn't sure what to make of bunny's claim but after thinking about it I feel like he wouldn't fake claim it as scum so early so I took my vote off him.
Ok well she definitely never caught five scum in a row.
2

President Eden
Posts: 2915
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:11 pm
Karma: 4616

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#1428 Post by President Eden » Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:18 am

Durga wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:08 am
President Eden wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:06 am
Durga wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:00 am


Where did I scum read him after, I've even stated that I don't think either is the kill. If you're saying my reads aren't naturally evolving when I've moved off bunny already you're also deliberately lying or deceiving yourself so you can convince yourself I'm scum

I'm not even gonna touch that first part
You aren't engaging with what I'm actually saying. If I'm wrong and you're town then you are choosing one of the worst possible strategies to help me see it.
Idk if this helps but when I read jasnahs claim I dismissed it in my head as a joke since that's all she'd done so far and someone said she once caught five scum in a row. I wasn't sure what to make of bunny's claim but after thinking about it I feel like he wouldn't fake claim it as scum so early so I took my vote off him.
It does, thanks. What made you initially unsure about Bunny's claim?
kgray wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:13 am
ghug wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:55 am
kgray wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:52 am
I must have missed where Durga reacted to Bunny's Miller CC with a townread of him?
I don't think she did, at least immediately.. She thought jasnah was fakeclaiming town and bunny was scum, which makes minimal sense, and then she attacked everyone who called her out on it instead of explaining her position (which, sadly, is NAI).
Okay but that's not what Eden is saying. Eden said Durga believing jasnah was fakeclaiming made Durga scummy. I disagreed. Eden then said Durga thought jasnah and Bunny were both town and *that's* what makes Durga scummy.
You are oversimplifying when I think I've pretty clearly explained my thought process. It isn't about the position itself, but the immediacy and the certainty of it. More troubling, I think you know this and that this is an intentional misrepresentation rather than a genuine misunderstanding.
2

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 6762
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:34 pm
Karma: 3470

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#1429 Post by kgray » Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:18 am

President Eden wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:57 am
kgray wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:52 am
President Eden wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:25 am

To be more precise, Durga's post indicated that she immediately believed that jasnah was both town and fakeclaiming. That obviously means BG is the genuine Miller and is also town. Reaching a conclusion that one is genuine and one is fakeclaiming obviously doesn't indicate anything (one of them has to be, and there's no inherent reason why quickly deciding that jasnah was the fakeclaimer is suspicious). Reaching the conclusion that both of them are town, that quickly, may indicate foreknowledge that both were town, which Durga would have if she were mafia.

It's not a 100% logical proof and of course you're free to disagree with my suspicion that she reached that conclusion due to foreknowledge from being mafia. But it isn't that she knew which Miller claim was fake, but rather that she believed both were town.
I must have missed where Durga reacted to Bunny's Miller CC with a townread of him?
I suppose she never said she did, but she also never indicated that she believed both claims were fake, and in absence of any indication one way or the other, I defaulted to what I would consider the obvious logical conclusion from believing one of two contradictory role claimants is fake, which is that the other is true.

If she still scumread BG at that point then that is a separate issue - a lack of naturally evolving reads incongruent with the amount of attention she was paying to the game. Either way there's reason to think she's mafia from it.
So you think she kept her vote on the person she thinks is the real Miller? She didn't move it until you called her out. If anything, her caving to pressure to move her vote is probably a better reason to scumread her.

And mafia don't just not "evolve" their reads when town claims a role. This is silly.
2

President Eden
Posts: 2915
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:11 pm
Karma: 4616

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#1430 Post by President Eden » Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:19 am

Chaqa wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:16 am
I'm like halfway caught up but posting this for my thoughts at the moment.

We vote out jasnah and then Bunny. Anyone on other wagons is being egotistical and we can hunt down anyone being weird during all of this after those two are handled.
The presence of an Oracle, alone, is enough to make this plainly incorrect. There are many other good reasons for not doing this that don't boil down to ego.
3

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 11638
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm
Location: Seattle
Karma: 6011

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#1431 Post by ghug » Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:19 am

kgray wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:13 am
ghug wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:55 am
kgray wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:52 am


I must have missed where Durga reacted to Bunny's Miller CC with a townread of him?
I don't think she did, at least immediately.. She thought jasnah was fakeclaiming town and bunny was scum, which makes minimal sense, and then she attacked everyone who called her out on it instead of explaining her position (which, sadly, is NAI).
Okay but that's not what Eden is saying. Eden said Durga believing jasnah was fakeclaiming made Durga scummy. I disagreed. Eden then said Durga thought jasnah and Bunny were both town and *that's* what makes Durga scummy.
Well, I can't speak for Eden. I still kinda think he's scum. I did find Durga's initial reaction weird in the moment, but I'm coming around on its legitimacy.
2

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 11638
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm
Location: Seattle
Karma: 6011

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#1432 Post by ghug » Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:20 am

Chaqa wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:16 am
I'm like halfway caught up but posting this for my thoughts at the moment.

We vote out jasnah and then Bunny. Anyone on other wagons is being egotistical and we can hunt down anyone being weird during all of this after those two are handled.
Chaqa, when you catch up, I'd like to know where you were when you wrote this (in the thread, not in the fake life you've concocted for webDip).
2

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 7626
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:33 pm
Location: Allentown, PA, USA
Karma: 4425

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#1433 Post by Chaqa » Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:22 am

President Eden wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:19 am
Chaqa wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:16 am
I'm like halfway caught up but posting this for my thoughts at the moment.

We vote out jasnah and then Bunny. Anyone on other wagons is being egotistical and we can hunt down anyone being weird during all of this after those two are handled.
The presence of an Oracle, alone, is enough to make this plainly incorrect. There are many other good reasons for not doing this that don't boil down to ego.
Oracle can't be active til Night.

Actually that makes sense. Oracle keeps locked onto Jasnah and if the Oracle dies we know.

Okay, I'm convinced somewhat I suppose, as I can't really follow any reason for scum to CC or make the fake claim here.
1

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 7626
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:33 pm
Location: Allentown, PA, USA
Karma: 4425

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#1434 Post by Chaqa » Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:22 am

ghug wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:20 am
Chaqa wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:16 am
I'm like halfway caught up but posting this for my thoughts at the moment.

We vote out jasnah and then Bunny. Anyone on other wagons is being egotistical and we can hunt down anyone being weird during all of this after those two are handled.
Chaqa, when you catch up, I'd like to know where you were when you wrote this (in the thread, not in the fake life you've concocted for webDip).
I posted this just before durga posted that she (jasnah I think) was going to bed, wherever that was
1

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 7626
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:33 pm
Location: Allentown, PA, USA
Karma: 4425

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#1435 Post by Chaqa » Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:23 am

All caught up now. Gonna go relax for a bit and then probably catch up on another 20 pages.
2

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 6762
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:34 pm
Karma: 3470

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#1436 Post by kgray » Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:23 am

ghug wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:17 am
kgray wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:06 am
ghug wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:50 am


a) I think she's town at this point
b) "this is too stupid for scum to do" isn't a good argument when it's also too stupid for town to do. A bad play was made.
Town and scum don't have the same motives and therefore don't have the same consequences. I don't think scum do the same bad plays town do.
I think this particular one doesn't make sense as either alignment.
Yeah but that's not the same as saying they're equally likely to make the same mistake. Scum try to hide. Jasnah could easily get away with her boisterous egomaniac town savior schtick if she's scum, she doesn't need to draw in a 50/50. Town do whatever random shit they feel like. Honestly she was probably just looking to take the NK and move on with her life.
2

snowy801
Posts: 3151
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:47 am
Karma: 5426

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#1437 Post by snowy801 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:26 am

jasnah wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:26 am
##vote ghug

Can someone link the mafia bot again? I must have lost it the last time I cleared history to purge all the records of my Harry Potter fanfic
Link or auto
2

President Eden
Posts: 2915
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:11 pm
Karma: 4616

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#1438 Post by President Eden » Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:26 am

kgray, why are you voting for BG, and who are your primary [other, if BG is still one] suspects and why?
2

snowy801
Posts: 3151
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:47 am
Karma: 5426

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#1439 Post by snowy801 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:28 am

kgray wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:26 am
snowy801 wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:29 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:24 pm


I am having a really hard time reading this game so why you think we will have another claim if Jasnah and Bunny are both town?
Like Jamiet said that was just me being an idiot. I shouldn't even be playing right now but eh, you know me

Also good, you're finally here. I need you to thread your killer instincts here because I'm not really feeling it right now
Dislike this interaction
I respect rdrivera's reads greatly and had you an ounce of sense within yourselves so would you.

You know, when he deigns to share any.
2

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 7626
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:33 pm
Location: Allentown, PA, USA
Karma: 4425

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#1440 Post by Chaqa » Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:28 am

Bunny is Miller
Jasnah is either town or scum
I need to reread the Ghug and Durga stuff
1

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests