M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Message
Author
Vecna
Posts: 10976
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:43 am
Karma: 4455

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#1301 Post by Vecna » Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:44 pm

ghug wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:43 pm
Vecna wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:37 pm
ghug wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:16 pm


First, don't call it wolfing. You're better than that.

Second, you need to lay off with these accusations of people openly claiming their scumminess when they do things you think are scummy. There's a difference.
Boy, youre such a sourpuss when you roll wolf. Do you camp playgrounds in your free time to steal kids soccerballs and candy canes as well?
I love that you went back to respond to this after having already acknowledged it.
Sometimes its ok to not suppress your inner urges.

On a related topic, have you ever noticed at the dentist that anesthetics do not work very well on us gingers?
2

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 18073
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 9795
Contact:

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#1302 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:45 pm

President Eden wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:32 pm
jasnah hasn't formally retracted, but I think she implied that she was fakeclaiming to get PR credit
@Jasnah: Please make yourself clear. Are you still claiming to be Miller, or not?
2

President Eden
Posts: 2918
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:11 pm
Karma: 4627

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#1303 Post by President Eden » Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:45 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:43 pm
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:31 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:26 pm
I stand by my view that we must kill either Jasnah or Bunny because fake-claiming Miller, as town, would be a really stupid thing to do. Jasnah has not retracted the claim as far as I can see, so we have two adamant Miller claimants. One of them must be scum unless we are convinced that one of them is a complete idiot.

Furthermore, I explained my thinking on all of this *before* either of them claimed, and I am sticking to my position.
Eh, not the dumbest thing in the world if you want to force someone who has their own timeline for a claim to a timeline you think is better. "One of them must be scum unless we are convinced that one of them is a complete idiot." is a ridiculous false dichotomy. Do better, Jamie.
Explain this thing about timelines to me. I don't understand your point. Why would town fakeclaim Miller today?
If jasnah believed that the Miller claiming day 1 were optimal, she could force the Miller's hand by fakeclaiming as town, drawing the Miller's counterclaim. That doesn't appear to be what actually happened, but it is a plausible hypothetical explanation for why town would do it.
2

Durga
Posts: 8672
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:01 pm
Location: Canada
Karma: 4190

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#1304 Post by Durga » Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:46 pm

Yknow I expected most of the usual suspects to take jasnah at face value, but ghug.....really? your vote is on jasnah?
2

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 18073
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 9795
Contact:

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#1305 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:47 pm

President Eden wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:45 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:43 pm
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:31 pm

Eh, not the dumbest thing in the world if you want to force someone who has their own timeline for a claim to a timeline you think is better. "One of them must be scum unless we are convinced that one of them is a complete idiot." is a ridiculous false dichotomy. Do better, Jamie.
Explain this thing about timelines to me. I don't understand your point. Why would town fakeclaim Miller today?
If jasnah believed that the Miller claiming day 1 were optimal, she could force the Miller's hand by fakeclaiming as town, drawing the Miller's counterclaim. That doesn't appear to be what actually happened, but it is a plausible hypothetical explanation for why town would do it.
If the purpose was to make the real Miller counter-claim, and the real Miller did do that, then the next logical step would be to clearly retract, and to state that you believed the counter-claimant was speaking the truth.

As I see it, Jasnah has not clearly done those things.
2

Durga
Posts: 8672
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:01 pm
Location: Canada
Karma: 4190

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#1306 Post by Durga » Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:47 pm

Tom Bomb is clearly not reading the thread and is not too interested in engaging
2

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 11639
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm
Location: Seattle
Karma: 6011

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#1307 Post by ghug » Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:47 pm

Durga wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:46 pm
Yknow I expected most of the usual suspects to take jasnah at face value, but ghug.....really? your vote is on jasnah?
Oh I changed my mind a page or two ago but haven't moved yet.

##VOTE Durga
2

President Eden
Posts: 2918
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:11 pm
Karma: 4627

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#1308 Post by President Eden » Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:51 pm

Durga wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:46 pm
Yknow I expected most of the usual suspects to take jasnah at face value, but ghug.....really? your vote is on jasnah?
Why on Earth is your vote still on BG after all this?
2

Durga
Posts: 8672
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:01 pm
Location: Canada
Karma: 4190

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#1309 Post by Durga » Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:52 pm

President Eden wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:51 pm
Durga wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:46 pm
Yknow I expected most of the usual suspects to take jasnah at face value, but ghug.....really? your vote is on jasnah?
Why on Earth is your vote still on BG after all this?
Where should I put it PE? Why is yours on jasnah?
2

Durga
Posts: 8672
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:01 pm
Location: Canada
Karma: 4190

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#1310 Post by Durga » Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:53 pm

I guess I'll keep sheeping snowy

##vote worcej
2

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 2642
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:52 pm
Location: Detroit, MI
Karma: 2198

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#1311 Post by Tom Bombadil » Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:53 pm

Durga wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:47 pm
Tom Bomb is clearly not reading the thread and is not too interested in engaging
Lol. The fuck did I do to deserve this? I’m the only person who buys that you thought the claim was a joke
2

Durga
Posts: 8672
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:01 pm
Location: Canada
Karma: 4190

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#1312 Post by Durga » Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:53 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:53 pm
Durga wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:47 pm
Tom Bomb is clearly not reading the thread and is not too interested in engaging
Lol. The fuck did I do to deserve this? I’m the only person who buys that you thought the claim was a joke
omg i thought you weren't reading the thread. awkward
3

Durga
Posts: 8672
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:01 pm
Location: Canada
Karma: 4190

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#1313 Post by Durga » Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:54 pm

Durga wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:53 pm
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:53 pm
Durga wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:47 pm
Tom Bomb is clearly not reading the thread and is not too interested in engaging
Lol. The fuck did I do to deserve this? I’m the only person who buys that you thought the claim was a joke
omg i thought you weren't reading the thread. awkward
wait why are you voting jasnah then do you actually think she's scum for that gambit
2

Durga
Posts: 8672
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:01 pm
Location: Canada
Karma: 4190

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#1314 Post by Durga » Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:56 pm

ghug wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:47 pm
Durga wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:46 pm
Yknow I expected most of the usual suspects to take jasnah at face value, but ghug.....really? your vote is on jasnah?
Oh I changed my mind a page or two ago but haven't moved yet.

##VOTE Durga
I know you don't think I'm scum.
2

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 2642
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:52 pm
Location: Detroit, MI
Karma: 2198

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#1315 Post by Tom Bombadil » Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:56 pm

Durga wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:54 pm
Durga wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:53 pm
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:53 pm


Lol. The fuck did I do to deserve this? I’m the only person who buys that you thought the claim was a joke
omg i thought you weren't reading the thread. awkward
wait why are you voting jasnah then do you actually think she's scum for that gambit
I think it’s plausible, yes. I see no town motivation to do that. She has made is clear it wasn’t a joke (I think). I assume she is relatively new but ambitious - I could see this happening. If it’s not a joke I see no reason to hardclaim Miller (from either perspective).
2

snowy801
Posts: 3152
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:47 am
Karma: 5428

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#1316 Post by snowy801 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:58 pm

Durga wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:56 pm
ghug wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:47 pm
Durga wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:46 pm
Yknow I expected most of the usual suspects to take jasnah at face value, but ghug.....really? your vote is on jasnah?
Oh I changed my mind a page or two ago but haven't moved yet.

##VOTE Durga
I know you don't think I'm scum.
Would you then say ghug is doing this because he's scum?
2

President Eden
Posts: 2918
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:11 pm
Karma: 4627

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#1317 Post by President Eden » Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:59 pm

Durga wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:52 pm
President Eden wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:51 pm
Durga wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:46 pm
Yknow I expected most of the usual suspects to take jasnah at face value, but ghug.....really? your vote is on jasnah?
Why on Earth is your vote still on BG after all this?
Where should I put it PE? Why is yours on jasnah?
Someone who has a real chance of being mafia would be great...

I explained earlier that I intend to move my vote once the BG voters come back, recognize BG is the real Miller, and go somewhere else. To be honest you're not going to be very pleased with where it's likely to go :smirk:
2

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 2642
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:52 pm
Location: Detroit, MI
Karma: 2198

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#1318 Post by Tom Bombadil » Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:59 pm

I find worcejs reaction extremely suspicious if jasnah is scum considering how quick he was to immediately think she must be scum from a play that makes zero sense as either alignment.
2

Bonatogether
Posts: 3143
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:17 pm
Location: Maryland
Karma: 1421
Contact:

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#1319 Post by Bonatogether » Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:00 pm

ghug wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:47 pm
Durga wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:46 pm
Yknow I expected most of the usual suspects to take jasnah at face value, but ghug.....really? your vote is on jasnah?
Oh I changed my mind a page or two ago but haven't moved yet.

##VOTE Durga
so scummy it can't be scum?
1

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 11639
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm
Location: Seattle
Karma: 6011

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#1320 Post by ghug » Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:00 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:59 pm
I find worcejs reaction extremely suspicious if jasnah is scum considering how quick he was to immediately think she must be scum from a play that makes zero sense as either alignment.
Irrationality is kinda worcej's town MO, isn't it?
2

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Doom427, Google [Bot] and 12 guests