M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Message
Author
ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 11638
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm
Location: Seattle
Karma: 6011

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#461 Post by ghug » Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:01 am

kgray wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:59 am
ghug wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:56 am
kgray wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:52 am


Celaph for sure. And probably Tom. Damo maybe? And Macca?
Ok now you're just trying to hurt my feelings.
Fine probably ghug too, but he can't officially be on my list because I like voting for him D1.
This is why I've stopped talking about my list.
2

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 5736
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:17 pm
Location: Porto Alegre, Brasil
Karma: 1625

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#462 Post by rdrivera2005 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:01 am

ghug wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:12 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:58 pm
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:57 pm


Lololol this one seems tame so far but expect 50 pages by end of the day.
Why didn't we start this yesterday when I needed a distraction?
Normally kgray thinks my thoughts before I do but she's voting me so I guess it's you this game.
No, Kgray is my spokesperson.
3

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 11638
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm
Location: Seattle
Karma: 6011

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#463 Post by ghug » Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:02 am

BesharamSabi wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:00 am
ghug wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:43 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:40 am


Have the 3 of you played mafia before somewhere?
I think they went to college together
I rather die than go to Texas for school
My mom's from Texas :(
2

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 11638
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm
Location: Seattle
Karma: 6011

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#464 Post by ghug » Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:03 am

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:01 am
ghug wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:12 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:58 pm


Why didn't we start this yesterday when I needed a distraction?
Normally kgray thinks my thoughts before I do but she's voting me so I guess it's you this game.
No, Kgray is my spokesperson.
She can be both teenage ghug and your spokesperson.
3

BesharamSabi
Posts: 746
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:50 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
Karma: 1597

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#465 Post by BesharamSabi » Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:04 am

ghug wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:02 am
BesharamSabi wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:00 am
ghug wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:43 am


I think they went to college together
I rather die than go to Texas for school
My mom's from Texas :(
Texas is cool, I have family in Dallas and Houston. I liked going to college in FL
2

snowy801
Posts: 3152
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:47 am
Karma: 5428

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#466 Post by snowy801 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:04 am

ghug wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:02 am
BesharamSabi wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:00 am
ghug wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:43 am


I think they went to college together
I rather die than go to Texas for school
My mom's from Texas :(
My condolences
2

snowy801
Posts: 3152
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:47 am
Karma: 5428

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#467 Post by snowy801 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:06 am

Does anyone know what time zone this jasnah individual resides in?
2

worcej
Posts: 7895
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:39 am
Location: Washington
Karma: 3841

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#468 Post by worcej » Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:06 am

kgray wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:57 am
worcej wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:45 am
Ugh, I knew this was going to be a high volume game and I will just say I am not going to do my typical snide posts here and there on comments just to make noise and drown out any actual constructive content.

Constructive content being said, I am super onboard with no-killing for the first 3 or so day phases. Force scum to make the first several moves and get PR actions off.

Pretty simple explanation as to why: no information on any flip. If we just randomly flip people (our typical D1), there is no post-flip information to help town at all and we run the easy risk of hitting PRs over scum. On D2, we cannot really VCA anyone once they are dead via day flips because you have no idea what alignment the person that died was. We cannot use any meta bussing or non-bussing analysis.

I figure I am in the hard minority on this, but after all my thoughts on how to approach this game (this is the first no-information flip game I have played in), forcing scum to act first makes the most sense.

##vote nokill

Also, additional comment: I plan to review individual players and make groupings of people as such:
  1. People who create constructive content - this is easy: track the people who actually try to figure the game out.
  2. People who are responding or critiquing without their own ideas - these are the ‘I agree with this thought’ posters, mostly piggy-backing off others.
  3. The non-value adders - AKA: noise-makers, otherwise known as the brainbomb of this game (P.S. - Luv you BB)
  4. Lurkers - you know what these are. No further explanation needed.
And with all that being said, remember I suck and am terrible at this game. And all the opinions are entirely my own awful ones when I make said list.

Anddddd…. Going to go for the night after dropping this. My analysis time will be used tomorrow when I don’t want to work while I am at work.
Announcing things you're looking for seems fairly counterproductive to reading people. What is the point of sharing this?
So that you understand my analysis and reasoning. If I just made that list and posted it, would it help without any context?
2

Durga
Posts: 8620
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:01 pm
Location: Canada
Karma: 4176

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#469 Post by Durga » Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:06 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:59 am
snowy801 wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:34 am
President Eden wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:23 am

While true, it still ultimately creates a 1-for-1 trade that I'm not as keen on creating in this game. The risk of exposing a PR is also present.

Since the voting data ultimately relies on PR info to be meaningful, I think it might be reasonable to minimize risk of losing PRs before they give their info.

Of course, the threat of a kill always needs to be present if this game isn't going to be an endless sea of memes
Shrug
I think waiting for PRs to deliver salvation is a weakness that needs to be burned out

Also that's what the doc is for

Honestly I see some people are concerned about the whole no flip business but as far as I can see this is a pretty easy setup, probably because of the above reason

Vote out d1, cc eon1, and carry on as usual. Should cover all stated concerns I've so far seen
I think a good reason for a no-kill D1 is to make sure we do not accidentally force a PR to reveal. Usually the loss of information is enough to counter that, but with the no reveal I do not think that is the case here.
You want to play this game or do you want the PRs to play this game while the rest of us do nothing?
2

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 6762
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:34 pm
Karma: 3470

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#470 Post by kgray » Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:07 am

snowy801 wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:06 am
Does anyone know what time zone this jasnah individual resides in?
England
2

Durga
Posts: 8620
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:01 pm
Location: Canada
Karma: 4176

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#471 Post by Durga » Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:07 am

snowy801 wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:06 am
Does anyone know what time zone this jasnah individual resides in?
She's in the UK so def asleep
2

worcej
Posts: 7895
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:39 am
Location: Washington
Karma: 3841

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#472 Post by worcej » Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:07 am

ghug wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:57 am
worcej wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:55 am
ghug wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:47 am
Let's just kill worcej
War. War never changes.

I did at least want to see if I would get a troll response for my post.

Humor me why you might not agree with my assessment?
Because you're wrong
So you think there is more value in random death, with odds of hitting PRs, over letting scum make the first couple of moves?
2

snowy801
Posts: 3152
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:47 am
Karma: 5428

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#473 Post by snowy801 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:08 am

worcej wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:07 am
ghug wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:57 am
worcej wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:55 am
War. War never changes.

I did at least want to see if I would get a troll response for my post.

Humor me why you might not agree with my assessment?
Because you're wrong
So you think there is more value in random death, with odds of hitting PRs, over letting scum make the first couple of moves?
Is it random though?
3

worcej
Posts: 7895
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:39 am
Location: Washington
Karma: 3841

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#474 Post by worcej » Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:08 am

Durga wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:06 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:59 am
snowy801 wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:34 am


Shrug
I think waiting for PRs to deliver salvation is a weakness that needs to be burned out

Also that's what the doc is for

Honestly I see some people are concerned about the whole no flip business but as far as I can see this is a pretty easy setup, probably because of the above reason

Vote out d1, cc eon1, and carry on as usual. Should cover all stated concerns I've so far seen
I think a good reason for a no-kill D1 is to make sure we do not accidentally force a PR to reveal. Usually the loss of information is enough to counter that, but with the no reveal I do not think that is the case here.
You want to play this game or do you want the PRs to play this game while the rest of us do nothing?
What are you going to learn from randomly killing anyone on D1 Durga?
2

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 11638
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm
Location: Seattle
Karma: 6011

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#475 Post by ghug » Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:08 am

worcej wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:07 am
ghug wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:57 am
worcej wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:55 am
War. War never changes.

I did at least want to see if I would get a troll response for my post.

Humor me why you might not agree with my assessment?
Because you're wrong
So you think there is more value in random death, with odds of hitting PRs, over letting scum make the first couple of moves?
Most likely.
2

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 11638
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm
Location: Seattle
Karma: 6011

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#476 Post by ghug » Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:09 am

ghug wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:08 am
worcej wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:07 am
ghug wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:57 am


Because you're wrong
So you think there is more value in random death, with odds of hitting PRs, over letting scum make the first couple of moves?
Most likely.
You're not allowed to tell me you told me so when we inevitably lose, because that's going to happen regardless.
3

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 6762
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:34 pm
Karma: 3470

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#477 Post by kgray » Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:09 am

worcej wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:06 am
kgray wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:57 am
worcej wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:45 am
Ugh, I knew this was going to be a high volume game and I will just say I am not going to do my typical snide posts here and there on comments just to make noise and drown out any actual constructive content.

Constructive content being said, I am super onboard with no-killing for the first 3 or so day phases. Force scum to make the first several moves and get PR actions off.

Pretty simple explanation as to why: no information on any flip. If we just randomly flip people (our typical D1), there is no post-flip information to help town at all and we run the easy risk of hitting PRs over scum. On D2, we cannot really VCA anyone once they are dead via day flips because you have no idea what alignment the person that died was. We cannot use any meta bussing or non-bussing analysis.

I figure I am in the hard minority on this, but after all my thoughts on how to approach this game (this is the first no-information flip game I have played in), forcing scum to act first makes the most sense.

##vote nokill

Also, additional comment: I plan to review individual players and make groupings of people as such:
  1. People who create constructive content - this is easy: track the people who actually try to figure the game out.
  2. People who are responding or critiquing without their own ideas - these are the ‘I agree with this thought’ posters, mostly piggy-backing off others.
  3. The non-value adders - AKA: noise-makers, otherwise known as the brainbomb of this game (P.S. - Luv you BB)
  4. Lurkers - you know what these are. No further explanation needed.
And with all that being said, remember I suck and am terrible at this game. And all the opinions are entirely my own awful ones when I make said list.

Anddddd…. Going to go for the night after dropping this. My analysis time will be used tomorrow when I don’t want to work while I am at work.
Announcing things you're looking for seems fairly counterproductive to reading people. What is the point of sharing this?
So that you understand my analysis and reasoning. If I just made that list and posted it, would it help without any context?
No I'm saying I don't understand why you just announced how you were going to sort people. Letting people know what you're looking for lets them get ahead of it and makes it easier for them to give you what you want. I just don't see the point at all.
2

Durga
Posts: 8620
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:01 pm
Location: Canada
Karma: 4176

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#478 Post by Durga » Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:11 am

I can't understand why some people bother making the same ridiculous suggestion d1 of every game. Guess what, mafia don't get killed unless we do it. They're certainly not dying at night, and we're not waiting 5 game phases for some cop who may or may not be dead to tell us what to do for "information"
2

worcej
Posts: 7895
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:39 am
Location: Washington
Karma: 3841

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#479 Post by worcej » Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:11 am

ghug wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:09 am
ghug wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:08 am
worcej wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:07 am
So you think there is more value in random death, with odds of hitting PRs, over letting scum make the first couple of moves?
Most likely.
You're not allowed to tell me you told me so when we inevitably lose, because that's going to happen regardless.
TBF - the only recent ‘I told you’ I have was when I pegged kgray as scum in the last game I played with her.
2

Durga
Posts: 8620
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:01 pm
Location: Canada
Karma: 4176

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#480 Post by Durga » Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:12 am

And we're not just offing someone randomly, the day kill comes from a majority of town deciding on who is the scummiest person. That's what this game is...
2

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests