M70 SIGN-UP THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Locked
Message
Author
BunnyGo
Posts: 10177
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:21 am
Karma: 3235

Re: M70 SIGN-UP THREAD

#161 Post by BunnyGo » Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:08 am

worcej wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:15 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:01 pm
Should I be scared? Should I be worried?
I'm literally trying to think of how I'll approach this game due to the lack of alignment reveal upon flip.
I’ve been slammed at work and home. But this has been regularly on my mind.
3
“Never tell the same lie twice.” — Elim Garak on the moral of the boy who cried wolf.

BunnyGo
Posts: 10177
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:21 am
Karma: 3235

Re: M70 SIGN-UP THREAD

#162 Post by BunnyGo » Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:10 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:08 am
worcej wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:15 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:01 pm
Should I be scared? Should I be worried?
I'm literally trying to think of how I'll approach this game due to the lack of alignment reveal upon flip.
I’ve been slammed at work and home. But this has been regularly on my mind.
I blame dargo. I didn’t read the set up until after I joined.
3
“Never tell the same lie twice.” — Elim Garak on the moral of the boy who cried wolf.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 4626
Joined: Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:55 pm
Location: Over the rainbow
Karma: 4827
Contact:

Re: M70 SIGN-UP THREAD

#163 Post by dargorygel » Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:44 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:10 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:08 am
worcej wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:15 pm
I'm literally trying to think of how I'll approach this game due to the lack of alignment reveal upon flip.
I’ve been slammed at work and home. But this has been regularly on my mind.
I blame dargo. I didn’t read the set up until after I joined.
Me, too.
4

jasnah
Posts: 505
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:13 pm
Karma: 302

Re: M70 SIGN-UP THREAD

#164 Post by jasnah » Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:52 am

##vote ghug
3

jasnah
Posts: 505
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:13 pm
Karma: 302

Re: M70 SIGN-UP THREAD

#165 Post by jasnah » Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:52 am

##END
3

BunnyGo
Posts: 10177
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:21 am
Karma: 3235

Re: M70 SIGN-UP THREAD

#166 Post by BunnyGo » Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:12 am

As usual, Jasnah sees through the complications to the simple solution.
2

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 18071
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 9794
Contact:

Re: M70 SIGN-UP THREAD

#167 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:55 am

##CALL GM:

With 21 players I would seriously suggest giving Town an additional PR. It is very easy for "no flip" games to become mafia-sided because there is a huge information imbalance (because the Mafia team will always know who is winning, since they know their team).
4

BunnyGo
Posts: 10177
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:21 am
Karma: 3235

Re: M70 SIGN-UP THREAD

#168 Post by BunnyGo » Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:51 pm

For the new signature rules: is it enough to just disable automatic signature assignments and not post them in the game? Or do they need to be completely turned off?
1

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 1759
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:08 am
Karma: 663

Re: M70 SIGN-UP THREAD

#169 Post by DemonRHK » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:07 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:55 am
##CALL GM:

With 21 players I would seriously suggest giving Town an additional PR. It is very easy for "no flip" games to become mafia-sided because there is a huge information imbalance (because the Mafia team will always know who is winning, since they know their team).
GM NOTE

In the current approved setup, with perfect scum play, KILO is Day 7. I do not believe another PR is needed but I am in discussions with Kouncil is case there are dissenting opinions.
2

President Eden
Posts: 2918
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:11 pm
Karma: 4627

Re: M70 SIGN-UP THREAD

#170 Post by President Eden » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:09 pm

worcej wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:15 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:01 pm
Should I be scared? Should I be worried?
I'm literally trying to think of how I'll approach this game due to the lack of alignment reveal upon flip.
(1) Go all-in on pre-flip associations
(2) If you're right make sure no one ever hears the end of it until the heat death of the universe
(3) If you're wrong pretend the game never happened
(4) ???
(5) Profit
6

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 11639
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm
Location: Seattle
Karma: 6011

Re: M70 SIGN-UP THREAD

#171 Post by ghug » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:24 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:07 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:55 am
##CALL GM:

With 21 players I would seriously suggest giving Town an additional PR. It is very easy for "no flip" games to become mafia-sided because there is a huge information imbalance (because the Mafia team will always know who is winning, since they know their team).
GM NOTE

In the current approved setup, with perfect scum play, KILO is Day 7. I do not believe another PR is needed but I am in discussions with Kouncil is case there are dissenting opinions.
I don't think I internalized that there are only three mafia. I guess that makes it more balanced, but by making associations that much closer to nonexistent and offsetting it by making town lucking into a mafia death a big deal.

I look forward to the glorious shitshow.

But also the Chipotle offer is still on the table
1

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 1759
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:08 am
Karma: 663

Re: M70 SIGN-UP THREAD

#172 Post by DemonRHK » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:42 pm

ghug wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:24 pm
DemonRHK wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:07 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:55 am
##CALL GM:

With 21 players I would seriously suggest giving Town an additional PR. It is very easy for "no flip" games to become mafia-sided because there is a huge information imbalance (because the Mafia team will always know who is winning, since they know their team).
GM NOTE

In the current approved setup, with perfect scum play, KILO is Day 7. I do not believe another PR is needed but I am in discussions with Kouncil is case there are dissenting opinions.
I don't think I internalized that there are only three mafia. I guess that makes it more balanced, but by making associations that much closer to nonexistent and offsetting it by making town lucking into a mafia death a big deal.

I look forward to the glorious shitshow.

But also the Chipotle offer is still on the table
GM NOTE

With this setup, there will be 4 Mafia.

1 Godfather
3 Goons

1 Cop
1 Doctor
1 Known Miller
1 Oracle of the Dead
13 Vanilla Town
5

Durga
Posts: 8660
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:01 pm
Location: Canada
Karma: 4187

Re: M70 SIGN-UP THREAD

#173 Post by Durga » Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:03 pm

wait is it still no reveal
1

BunnyGo
Posts: 10177
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:21 am
Karma: 3235

Re: M70 SIGN-UP THREAD

#174 Post by BunnyGo » Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:05 am

Question:

A known miller is someone who knows they're town but that a cop scan will reveal they are the miller. Is there any reason for them to not claim it day 1?
1

BunnyGo
Posts: 10177
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:21 am
Karma: 3235

Re: M70 SIGN-UP THREAD

#175 Post by BunnyGo » Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:05 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:05 am
Question:

A known miller is someone who knows they're town but that a cop scan will reveal they are scum. Is there any reason for them to not claim it day 1?
fixed my post
1

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 11639
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm
Location: Seattle
Karma: 6011

Re: M70 SIGN-UP THREAD

#176 Post by ghug » Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:08 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:05 am
Question:

A known miller is someone who knows they're town but that a cop scan will reveal they are the miller. Is there any reason for them to not claim it day 1?
Yes
1

Bonatogether
Posts: 3143
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:17 pm
Location: Maryland
Karma: 1421
Contact:

Re: M70 SIGN-UP THREAD

#177 Post by Bonatogether » Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:25 am

ghug wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:08 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:05 am
Question:

A known miller is someone who knows they're town but that a cop scan will reveal they are the miller. Is there any reason for them to not claim it day 1?
Yes
what is the reason?

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 1759
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:08 am
Karma: 663

Re: M70 SIGN-UP THREAD

#178 Post by DemonRHK » Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:29 am

MOAR NOTES

Yes it is still no flip. I was only clarifying a small error in the original post (It said 1-2 Goons instead of 1-3)

The Known Miller is a Townie that is aware they scan guilty to the cop
3

worcej
Posts: 7895
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:39 am
Location: Washington
Karma: 3841

Re: M70 SIGN-UP THREAD

#179 Post by worcej » Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:36 am

DemonRHK wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:42 pm
ghug wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:24 pm
DemonRHK wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:07 pm


GM NOTE

In the current approved setup, with perfect scum play, KILO is Day 7. I do not believe another PR is needed but I am in discussions with Kouncil is case there are dissenting opinions.
I don't think I internalized that there are only three mafia. I guess that makes it more balanced, but by making associations that much closer to nonexistent and offsetting it by making town lucking into a mafia death a big deal.

I look forward to the glorious shitshow.

But also the Chipotle offer is still on the table
GM NOTE

With this setup, there will be 4 Mafia.

1 Godfather
3 Goons

1 Cop
1 Doctor
1 Known Miller
1 Oracle of the Dead
13 Vanilla Town
I still think this is pretty heavily mafia sided...
2

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 11639
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm
Location: Seattle
Karma: 6011

Re: M70 SIGN-UP THREAD

#180 Post by ghug » Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:52 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:25 am
ghug wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:08 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:05 am
Question:

A known miller is someone who knows they're town but that a cop scan will reveal they are the miller. Is there any reason for them to not claim it day 1?
Yes
what is the reason?
If you claim it right, you can be a clear later, or you can tempt mafia into claiming it and getting a 1v1. Flip side is that if you never claim, mafia can fakeclaim it. Claiming day one is a legitimate but cowardly strategy, in that it ends up not doing town all that much good in the best case.
1

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests