Mini Mafia 1018 - Race with the Devil [hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
worcej

Re: Mini Mafia 1018 - Race with the Devil [hidden]

#741 Post by worcej » Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:44 am

Chaqa wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:30 pm
I was keeping up to a point, and had strong townreads on Bona and Fox as well as scumread on ghug.

Wasn't sure on Fishy, but he flipped scum so that's good.

I'm pretty sure ghug is scum.

##Vote ghug
I hate this but his blow-up and subsequent request for a subout is probably indicative of Jamie being town...

##vote ghug - back to my opposite theory.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#742 Post by ghug » Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:52 am

worcej wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:44 am
Chaqa wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:30 pm
I was keeping up to a point, and had strong townreads on Bona and Fox as well as scumread on ghug.

Wasn't sure on Fishy, but he flipped scum so that's good.

I'm pretty sure ghug is scum.

##Vote ghug
I hate this but his blow-up and subsequent request for a subout is probably indicative of Jamie being town...

##vote ghug - back to my opposite theory.
Jamie proved last game that hes capable of similarly pathetic losses of emotional control as scum. This was my gut reaction as well, but his response to us voting for him for reasons he perceived to not relate to his conduct in the game was very similar to his response to kgray dismissing what he had to say because she was confident he was scum.

The only thing we can reliably take away from this is that Chaqa is very unlikely to be scum with either of the two of us.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#743 Post by ghug » Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:57 am

I'd also encourage anyone inclined to vote for me to look at the EoD voting assuming that I'm lfischl's teammate and not Jamie's and tell me if it makes any sense.

Bonatogether

#744 Post by Bonatogether » Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:28 am

ghug wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:57 am
I'd also encourage anyone inclined to vote for me to look at the EoD voting assuming that I'm lfischl's teammate and not Jamie's and tell me if it makes any sense.
##vote ghug

choo choo

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#745 Post by ghug » Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:50 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:28 am
ghug wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:57 am
##vote ghug

choo choo
:(

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#746 Post by ghug » Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:15 am

This game is dead af

BobMcBob

#747 Post by BobMcBob » Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:18 am

ghug wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:15 am
This game is dead af
yep
sure is

BobMcBob

#748 Post by BobMcBob » Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:20 am

okay so jamies disappearance is odd
but im much more inclined to think it came from town
so i dont really love ghug here
worcej doesnt really gain or lose towniness from this so hes still just meh
i still like a celaph wagon if anybody else wants to join me

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#749 Post by Maniac » Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:41 am

Ghug’s wagon is BS and very probably Mafia led. No one has given a reason for voting for him except worceJ who uses the excuse that Ghug is scum if Jamie is town. Jamie’s play seems soooo exaggerated that it’s more likely to be scum motivated and planned last night. I don’t believe that anyone gets so upset because people read you as scum in a game of Mafia.

If there is any logic in the notion that Jamie and Ghug must be on different teams, then we should flip Chaqa/Jamie

Vecna

#750 Post by Vecna » Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:52 am

Vecna ketchup wall – Its gotta be Heinz or the south African delicious gold stuff edition
Bonatogether wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:28 pm
lfischl wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:17 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:12 pm
Oh, good, I see lfischl browsing the forum. I would like to hear more from you.
I don't really have that many reads. Voting vecna for capital letters is not a good idea but other than that i don't have much.
make something up
Commented on it at the time, but this interaction is pretty interesting after an lfischl flip. Not sure how to interpret it, I remember as bona being quite crazy/fun that time he was scum.
ghug wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:31 pm
Can someone try to kill someone else? I'm bored
While at the same time as Fox is questioning and prodding lfischl, Ghug is sitting here not interacting with it, trying to create something potentially? Its fitting the narrative on my part, but Id feel a bit uncomfortable if I saw my teammate lfischl get pressures In this spot.
ghug wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:44 pm
Maniac wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:43 pm
Reading Jamie In isolation it’s interesting that he provided the data about high/low posters being voted off D1 (admittedly at my instigation) but it seems that he is now using our group bias to get target a low poster with spurious reasons like ‘seems of’. Getting easy D1 kills is not pro-town. ##vote Jamie
Ah, this is the Maniac I was missing last game.
Do like this Ghug post though.
worcej wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:42 am
lfischl wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:54 pm
Vecna wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:04 pm

*SQUAWK*
Why do you squawk?
This question seems weird.
Interesting worcej observation. Lets look into how he follows up on it.
BobMcBob wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:44 am
Bonatogether wrote:
lfischl wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:17 pm

I don't really have that many reads. Voting vecna for capital letters is not a good idea but other than that i don't have much.
make something up
i love this post so much
but seriously lfischl, you need to start having more opinions
chuck out some gut feelings at least
There sure was a lot of attention for that interaction. Note to check for followup and leadup to EoD as well. Pretty sure Bob never encouraged lfischl to do shit last game.
ghug wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:15 am
Bob is trying too hard.
Hmmm, interesting
lfischl wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:40 am
BobMcBob wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:44 am
Bonatogether wrote:

make something up
i love this post so much
but seriously lfischl, you need to start having more opinions
chuck out some gut feelings at least
If one of ghug and jaime are scum then the other definitly is. If we were to vote one of them out and they were town then i think the other one would be town as well.
And he actually responds to the request. With a post that is quite interesting in hindsight.
Kakarroto wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:49 am
Vecna wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:49 am
Celaph, it feels like youre having trouble naturally entering the stream of conversation.

Whats happening buddy?
Did you just call out the 3 maf from my pool? Is my theory actually correct?
Hmm above post actually indicates that his big shitposting wall wasn’t as shitposty as it was last game, but that he’s actually looking for stuff to connect. Interesting.
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:54 pm
BobMcBob wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:52 pm
ghug wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:49 pm

Jamie's goading me and I'm trying not to start a fight. This is what should have been expected from both of us regardless of alignment. Why do you think it means something else?
no thats exactly what i mean
i think the conversation would likely play out like this regardless of your alignments
pretty sure thats what i said
Yes, it's Lfischl's reaction that's odd, in my opinion, Bob, not yours.
More shots taken at lfischl, this time by jamiet. Unless the bus was the plan, this reflects pretty good.
BobMcBob wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:06 pm
so tossing up voting between lfischl and worcej
they both kinda suck
both talked about ghug/jamie and not much else
but i feel like lfischl was more awkward about it so ##vote lfischl
although i did like his reply to bona
Reflects decently overall. Pro’s/cons seem genuine enough.
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:16 pm
@Lfischl - why are you so absent, yet again?

Take part or sub out.
Interesting that he advocates for a replacement as opposed to just killing the slot.
ghug wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:28 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:21 pm
ghug wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:12 pm

Jamie/Vecna scumteam confirmed.
Not Jamiet/celaph?
I'm not seeing the celaph thing, and the way Vecna interacted with Jamie on page 1 reads like annoyance at a teammate.
Why specifically a teammate though, Ghug?
celaph wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:30 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:33 pm
Kakarroto wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:40 pm

As someone who said last game 'good job buddying me' to me after my mafiaflip and with this post, who would you say would've buddied you in this game (or is there no one)? Is there any duo right now who, you would say, seems to be buddying? Or someone who tries to buddy someone?
Ghug could be buddying Bona, but it's now his usual style as scum. People that are usually a bit abrasive don't tend to try to buddy anyone as it would be too obvious.
Rdr's (albeit rather limited) posts this game feel like a productive town rdr.
Bit of a weak take. This was one of the very few rdr posts that actually tried to push an opinion, no?
celaph wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:11 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:02 pm
celaph wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:42 pm

I feel very meh about almost everyone at the moment and I haven't seen anyone really make a good argument. Hence my focus on pushing back against people's suspicions.
since are you the one who's pushing back against townreads? usually you're doing something constructive
I find it interesting that you think I'm pushing back against townreads when I'm doing the exact opposite, pushing back against people's scumreads. I'm not confident in my own, but I'd like people to at least put forward good reasons for the wagons they are on. I was doing just that in 2 of the 4 posts you highlighted earlier.
celaph wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:49 pm
Kakarroto wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:47 am

*nods* *nods*
Can you elaborate on what caught your eye because it feels like normal NAI ghug to me? Particularly given your later comment, why you think that Bona is likely to be ghug's teammate? Do you dislike a scum ghug/town Bona explanation?
I'm challenging Kak's ghug/bona scumread because I don't see it.
lfischl wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:41 am

Why is it wierd? I'm just asking why he posts *SQUAWK*.
@worcej, coming from anyone besides lfischl I would agree with you, but my memory is that lfischl has asked a number of literal surface level questions before like this.

I'm contesting worcej's read on lfischl as weird because it strikes me as normal lfischl.

One of the other two posts you quoted was when I agreed that Bob's last posts at the time were weird. I stand by that statement though since then his posts have returned to a more normal Bob. I'm keeping an eye on him, but don't have a strong desire to kill him today. The last one was me challenging lfischl's ghug/Jamie connection. I suppose you could interpret this as pushing back against a townread, but I see no indication about whether lfischl sees them as more likely t/t or s/s.
This wall feels like a pretty big effort to defend a scum teammate. Makes it feel less likely that Celaph was lfischl’s teammate.

Vecna

#751 Post by Vecna » Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:54 am

celaph wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:18 pm
Kakarroto wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:17 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:07 pm

Ghug, Kak, Jamiet, Celaph — pick three for the scum team?
Phew, that is actually hard. I'm having the creeps right now from lfischl. Worcej isn't here, ok, something sunday and family (see last game), alright, but no word of it is kinda strange. And then ... hmm ... I'm kinda lost. Maybe celaph? Maybe jamie? Maybe bob? From the reactions per se, I'm not sure, but did bob try to buddy me? And maniac was kinda strange too, but that might be just strange strange. Or weird strange.

So probably lfischl, worcej and, with the current low energy situation, probably bob and cel/jamie are just the t vs t situation mafia would want to have? Sorry if I sound unsure but I guess I can't get a better feeling of the situation right now.
Unless Jamie is scum, this hesitancy strikes me as town from Kak. ##unvote
Why only mention jamiet as a possible scum though?

Kakarroto

#752 Post by Kakarroto » Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:00 am

I hope you feel better now, Jamie. I have to say though, your use of the word 'abuse' strikes me as a bit too lightly, but that is a thing left for another time/place. If you feel however you were wrongly pushed and you can't continue this way, I think you've made the right choice. I wish you all the best.

Returning to game related things: I think the whole thing gives Jamie a few notches for town. I'm a bit surprised to see me in his maf reads, but I guess I'm not the towniest town in here right now. Well, time to catch some maf's then.

Ghuggie, ghuggie, ghuggie ... I can't place you right now. If I look at you, there are millions of different ways that you could be town, mafia, 3P (yes, even that) and a special voice is whispering in my head that you might be evil.

Looking at that wagon on you though, I don't especially like it. Hmm, rd says it's an alarmbell vote (my special voice agrees there), Chaqa says he reads you since before as mafia, hmm. Well, that might be true, but Chaqa has read the thread until now? That's good to hear, noted. Worcej ... after the 'blow-up', he goes back to his theory but in reverse ... though this theory came from lfischl ... I don't like this reasoning. Does that make sense to anyone else? Am I misunderstanding something? And then Bona vote. Hmm. Nothing too suspicous, though it kinda feels empty.

@worcej have you read the game up since weekend is over? Do you have any more ideas/questions/theories?

Vecna

#753 Post by Vecna » Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:04 am

ghug wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:21 pm
Lol fuck yeah.

I was all ready to proclaim Kak's scumminess, but now I'm unsure.
This seems like the pivotal moment where Ghug turned off the kakka as potential scum mindset, and maybe later on ignored his silly postings of over-the-top surprise after the night reveal?

(im not completely certain about Ghug, naturally, but a lot of silly things seem to fit just fine with him being scum.)

Vecna

#754 Post by Vecna » Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:05 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:25 pm
celaph wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:24 pm
celaph wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:23 pm

You shouldn't be scum reading me for my late vote. Anyone who can read can see I didn't believe in it. If you want to scum read me for something, scum
*Scum read me for defending him all day.
they were tepid and uninteresting defenses
also pretty sure the bona progression on Celaph comes from a good place.

Very convincingly done if faked somehow.

celaph

#755 Post by celaph » Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:07 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:47 am
@Worcej:

Come here and participate. It is no longer the weekend.

You have made 10 posts in the entire game so far.

Four of those 10 posts accuse me and Ghug of being scum together, without providing any reasoning for this view. Please would you explain why you hold this (incorrect) position?
This post feels like town Jamie to me. He seems angry, but he is channeling that anger into something productive to try and solve the game.

celaph

#756 Post by celaph » Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:08 am

Also, I was RB'd.

Kakarroto

#757 Post by Kakarroto » Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:17 am

celaph wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:08 am
Also, I was RB'd.
On a scale from 1 to 10, how glad are you that fox, who was voting you for reading you weak town/townleaning on you, was the night target?

Why do you think that mafia would rb you and nk him?

celaph

#758 Post by celaph » Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:19 am

BobMcBob wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:29 pm
celaph wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:34 am
BobMcBob wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:11 am

maniac for lack of content?
really?
and not lfischl?

i disagree with kak reasoning but its at least fine and i could see someone thinking that
Yes, Maniac provided incredibly little content especially the latter half of that day.

As I noted above, I had commented on my reasons for not wanting to vote lfischl hence his exclusion here despite the obvious lack of content. Rdr is the other name that I didn't bring up mostly because I D1 bias rdr enough that I'm not inclined to kill him.
maniac not only provided more content than lfischl but also more towny content
i would hardly characterise maniac as lurking yesterday
why was your approach so inexplicably different?
why did lfischl get a free pass for lurking just because he always does that?
As I said earlier:
celaph wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:23 am
Because I'm not sold on Bona's argument that lfischl is impossible to read. And it's not just because he posts so little. He has had a couple town games with many more posts where he still ends up getting killed quite quickly. I had a theory about his behavior being indicative of a normal, town, lfischl. Obviously I was wrong.
I wasn't comparing lfischl to Maniac, I was comparing lfischl to past lfischl. I think more highly of both Maniac's scum and town play than I do of lfischl's. If I play purely off who I think has been the towniest, then I expect I'll miskill lfischl every game that he's town.

BobMcBob

#759 Post by BobMcBob » Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:19 am

celaph wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:08 am
Also, I was RB'd.
hmmmm

celaph

#760 Post by celaph » Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:19 am

BobMcBob wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:31 pm
celaph wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:55 am
BobMcBob wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:08 am

that wouldve looked a lot worse if worcej was scum
as it stands it doesnt look too bad now
i think
Why would it have looked worse if Worcej is scum? I feel like Jamie looks decent for calling out Kak's move to lfischl.
As is, I feel like it looks alright, but mostly because I don't expect that scum Jamie there is in the mindset there of accusing Kak knowing Kak is right.
this was saying kak wouldve looked awful if worcej was scum
which i stand by
ahhh, I misunderstood what you were saying. I agree scum worcej looks bad for Kak.