Mini Mafia 1018 - Race with the Devil [hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Message
Author
worcej
Posts: 7895
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:39 am
Location: Washington
Karma: 3842

Re: Mini Mafia 1018 - Race with the Devil [hidden]

#801 Post by worcej » Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:20 pm

Kakarroto wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:50 am
So, I've been thinking (no, please, sit down again, no need to flee the building). Why would mafia choose to nk fox?

1) He is a very good player and mafia is afraid of him.
2) He had someone in his reads/pushes that is mafia and they want to eliminate people voting for that person.
3) He had someone in his reads/pushes that is town and they want to miskill someone by obfuscating that.
4) Mafia read his behaviour as PR and prioritised him over others.
5) Mafia threw a coin or dice and it landed fox.
6) Mafia are a bunch of animal/furry hater.
7) More than one of the above. (please with further information)
8) Other than any of the above. (please with further information)
9) Kak you should stop you know exactly why we did it.

Other than that, I would also like to hear your ideas of why mafia would choose fox over yourself.
4 more than anything.

As a member of town, I was picking up 'Fox is a PR or scum' vibes based on how he was playing. He's fairly easy to read for me.

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 1454
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:20 am
Location: https://www.parliament.uk/
Karma: 524

Re: Mini Mafia 1018 - Race with the Devil [hidden]

#802 Post by Maniac » Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:18 pm

Case against Jamie/Chaqa.

Jamie seemed so preoccupied with people who scum read him. Jamie is an experienced player. Even when town win we usually end up killing more townies than scum. Being scum read by other players is no big deal to town folk. It’s a bigger concern for scum of course.

A selection of Jamie’s quotes
“Ahoy, fellow townies.”, “Good day, fellow townspeople.”, “Why are there votes on me? I am town.”, “I shall return before EoD. Don't hang me, I am town.” “I am not scum.”, “You haven't made a good argument for why you think I am scum.” “Inaccurate. (in response to someone calling him scum,” “I HARD CLAIM VANILLA TOWN”
Apart from that he obsessed about getting low poster killed – very convenient and easy for a hig posting scum player.
And he voted for a low poster scum!lfischl but then jumped off again when he became viable wagon.
He had five different people voting for him D1 and saw two people vote for him D2 and suddenly that’s the end of the world and he subbed out. It is such an over reaction, I can’t see it any other way than scummy.

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 1454
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:20 am
Location: https://www.parliament.uk/
Karma: 524

Re: Mini Mafia 1018 - Race with the Devil [hidden]

#803 Post by Maniac » Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:19 pm

If Jamie flips scum, worcej looks very good btw

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 11639
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm
Location: Seattle
Karma: 6011

Re: Mini Mafia 1018 - Race with the Devil [hidden]

#804 Post by ghug » Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:57 pm

celaph wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:19 am
BobMcBob wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:31 pm
celaph wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:55 am

Why would it have looked worse if Worcej is scum? I feel like Jamie looks decent for calling out Kak's move to lfischl.
As is, I feel like it looks alright, but mostly because I don't expect that scum Jamie there is in the mindset there of accusing Kak knowing Kak is right.
this was saying kak wouldve looked awful if worcej was scum
which i stand by
ahhh, I misunderstood what you were saying. I agree scum worcej looks bad for Kak.
I disagree. Fox said he'd vote for either of worcej and lfischl, and I had expressed interest in a new flashwagon. Why would scum Kak make both of his teammates viable wagons?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 11639
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm
Location: Seattle
Karma: 6011

Re: Mini Mafia 1018 - Race with the Devil [hidden]

#805 Post by ghug » Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:05 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:54 am
ghug wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:57 am
I'd also encourage anyone inclined to vote for me to look at the EoD voting assuming that I'm lfischl's teammate and not Jamie's and tell me if it makes any sense.
I did. I see you asking Fox for a flesh-eating and then voting worcej instead of lfischl. What am I missing?
Lfischl had two votes and some people interested in voting him, and I put the leaders at three instead of leaving Jamie at four. Why do I create that chaos when my teammate is high risk if I'm not going to jump onto my teammate?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 11639
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm
Location: Seattle
Karma: 6011

Re: Mini Mafia 1018 - Race with the Devil [hidden]

#806 Post by ghug » Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:10 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:38 pm
Maniac wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:48 pm
##vote Chaqa

I’m sure the Ghug wagon is scum driven right now and Chamie is our best kill.

@worceJ - I don’t necessarily agree with your assessment that Ghug and Chamie are on opposite sides, but if you believe that would you be willing to flip Chamie instead of Ghug?

@Bona - do you have any case against Ghug? What do you think of flipping Chamie instead?

@rdr - I don’t think you’re scum, but iirc you haven’t presented a good case for voting Ghug
I don't know if it's a good case, but I pointed my reasons to vote Ghug:

- His reaction to Jamiet subbing out, without questioning a single bit his read on the slot.
- His behavior at EOD, asking Fox for a flash wagon and instead of joining lfischl he voted Worcej. On this point I am waiting for his answer.

As you are asking for good cases, what is your case on Jamiet/Chaqa. You just said it's the best kill. Why?
I did question it. I concluded that he displayed the emotional "range" he displayed here last game as scum, so I fell back in my old read.

I explained why my EoD behavior makes me town, but I didn't answer your specific question: I voted worcej because Kak did.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 11639
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm
Location: Seattle
Karma: 6011

Re: Mini Mafia 1018 - Race with the Devil [hidden]

#807 Post by ghug » Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:11 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:40 pm
Maniac wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:48 pm
##vote Chaqa

I’m sure the Ghug wagon is scum driven right now and Chamie is our best kill.

@worceJ - I don’t necessarily agree with your assessment that Ghug and Chamie are on opposite sides, but if you believe that would you be willing to flip Chamie instead of Ghug?

@Bona - do you have any case against Ghug? What do you think of flipping Chamie instead?

@rdr - I don’t think you’re scum, but iirc you haven’t presented a good case for voting Ghug
I think calling it "scum driven" is quite unfair, but it being scum-preferred is maybe true.

Presumably the people who voted out Fishy are town. Celaph's RB claim is likely true. You and Bob should also be town.

My thinking with the ghug vote is twofold:

1. While reading, my ghug-scumdar was being pinged

2. He was on one of the main counterwagons to scum.

That said, knowing I am town, and Jamie/ghug voted together, this does take a slight turn toward maybe the other wagons being more the scum one(s).

So that would be some grouping of Vecna, Kakarot, worcej, rivera.

Worc and Rivera are on the wagon with me. Bona is 100% guaranteed town (TM).

Putting this all together...

We should vote Kak, worcej, or rivera.

Why not Vecna?

Scum Vecna wouldn't vote Bob here. It's too hard of a sell to the rest of town when scum wants easy kills.

##Vote Kakarroto
Why is Kak on the list? Don't you not believe in D1 bussing?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 11639
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm
Location: Seattle
Karma: 6011

Re: Mini Mafia 1018 - Race with the Devil [hidden]

#808 Post by ghug » Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:11 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:55 pm
Humm, could it be so easy and it's Chaqa and Ghug? This last Chaqa's message looks so convoluted.
You think Jamie quit because his teammate was bussing him?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 11639
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm
Location: Seattle
Karma: 6011

Re: Mini Mafia 1018 - Race with the Devil [hidden]

#809 Post by ghug » Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:12 pm

worcej wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:11 pm
Maniac wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:48 pm
##vote Chaqa

I’m sure the Ghug wagon is scum driven right now and Chamie is our best kill.

@worceJ - I don’t necessarily agree with your assessment that Ghug and Chamie are on opposite sides, but if you believe that would you be willing to flip Chamie instead of Ghug?

@Bona - do you have any case against Ghug? What do you think of flipping Chamie instead?

@rdr - I don’t think you’re scum, but iirc you haven’t presented a good case for voting Ghug
No, I'm pretty sold that ghug is scum based off how he voted D1 and him trying to use VCA to defend himself from being scum.
Dumb worcej town worcej :(

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 11639
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm
Location: Seattle
Karma: 6011

Re: Mini Mafia 1018 - Race with the Devil [hidden]

#810 Post by ghug » Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:12 pm

worcej wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:20 pm
Kakarroto wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:50 am
So, I've been thinking (no, please, sit down again, no need to flee the building). Why would mafia choose to nk fox?

1) He is a very good player and mafia is afraid of him.
2) He had someone in his reads/pushes that is mafia and they want to eliminate people voting for that person.
3) He had someone in his reads/pushes that is town and they want to miskill someone by obfuscating that.
4) Mafia read his behaviour as PR and prioritised him over others.
5) Mafia threw a coin or dice and it landed fox.
6) Mafia are a bunch of animal/furry hater.
7) More than one of the above. (please with further information)
8) Other than any of the above. (please with further information)
9) Kak you should stop you know exactly why we did it.

Other than that, I would also like to hear your ideas of why mafia would choose fox over yourself.
4 more than anything.

As a member of town, I was picking up 'Fox is a PR or scum' vibes based on how he was playing. He's fairly easy to read for me.
Lol

brainbomb
Posts: 15884
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:20 pm
Location: the sock drawer
Karma: 4730

Re: Mini Mafia 1018 - Race with the Devil [hidden]

#811 Post by brainbomb » Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:30 pm

GM NOTE
Jamie was replaced by me, he did not request a sub. I subbed him out rather than modkill.

Council has advised me that this information should be known.
4

Vecna
Posts: 10976
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:43 am
Karma: 4455

Re: Mini Mafia 1018 - Race with the Devil [hidden]

#812 Post by Vecna » Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:33 pm

ghug wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:05 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:54 am
ghug wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:57 am
I'd also encourage anyone inclined to vote for me to look at the EoD voting assuming that I'm lfischl's teammate and not Jamie's and tell me if it makes any sense.
I did. I see you asking Fox for a flesh-eating and then voting worcej instead of lfischl. What am I missing?
Lfischl had two votes and some people interested in voting him, and I put the leaders at three instead of leaving Jamie at four. Why do I create that chaos when my teammate is high risk if I'm not going to jump onto my teammate?
id almost say common webdip wagonology. The new wagons end up getting on top much more often. Worcej was going to be a more realistic CW to lfischl than jamiet. The same way I jumped to kakkarot last game, to make it look better by pre-empting the likely outcome.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 11639
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm
Location: Seattle
Karma: 6011

Re: Mini Mafia 1018 - Race with the Devil [hidden]

#813 Post by ghug » Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:34 pm

Vecna wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:33 pm
ghug wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:05 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:54 am


I did. I see you asking Fox for a flesh-eating and then voting worcej instead of lfischl. What am I missing?
Lfischl had two votes and some people interested in voting him, and I put the leaders at three instead of leaving Jamie at four. Why do I create that chaos when my teammate is high risk if I'm not going to jump onto my teammate?
id almost say common webdip wagonology. The new wagons end up getting on top much more often. Worcej was going to be a more realistic CW to lfischl than jamiet. The same way I jumped to kakkarot last game, to make it look better by pre-empting the likely outcome.
I got the impression Jamie was going to die without intervention.

Vecna
Posts: 10976
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:43 am
Karma: 4455

Re: Mini Mafia 1018 - Race with the Devil [hidden]

#814 Post by Vecna » Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:36 pm

with both worcej and lfischl wagonneers not really caring for the jamiet wagon? unlikely imo.

More likely that the worcej voters jump to lfischl if worcej isnt made a winner.

Vecna
Posts: 10976
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:43 am
Karma: 4455

Re: Mini Mafia 1018 - Race with the Devil [hidden]

#815 Post by Vecna » Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:37 pm

also, having 2 town cw's to scum is always better for scum than 1 for continuity reasons

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 11639
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm
Location: Seattle
Karma: 6011

Re: Mini Mafia 1018 - Race with the Devil [hidden]

#816 Post by ghug » Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:48 pm

Vecna wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:36 pm
with both worcej and lfischl wagonneers not really caring for the jamiet wagon? unlikely imo.

More likely that the worcej voters jump to lfischl if worcej isnt made a winner.
Before Kak moved, it was Jamie vs. celaph vs. a bunch of little wagons. They'd remained stagnant for two hours outside of the two of them bouncing around people who at the time weren't serious candidates (notably, Jamie's vote landed on lfischl as the final vote in his parade of lurkers, but left once the lfischl wagon was actually gaining steam). The little wagon people weren't showing much interest in doing anything, Jamie and celaph were going to move to each other, and our beloved dead doctor even ridiculed me for suggesting we flashwagon someone. It's like 70% Jamie, 20% celaph, 10% the field without intervention.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 11639
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm
Location: Seattle
Karma: 6011

Re: Mini Mafia 1018 - Race with the Devil [hidden]

#817 Post by ghug » Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:49 pm

Vecna wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:37 pm
also, having 2 town cw's to scum is always better for scum than 1 for continuity reasons
And this is why we create chaos.

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 1454
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:20 am
Location: https://www.parliament.uk/
Karma: 524

Re: Mini Mafia 1018 - Race with the Devil [hidden]

#818 Post by Maniac » Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:58 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:30 pm
GM NOTE
Jamie was replaced by me, he did not request a sub. I subbed him out rather than modkill.

Council has advised me that this information should be known.
Reinforces my read that he is scum.

Have GMs ever done this before?

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 7627
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:33 pm
Location: Allentown, PA, USA
Karma: 4425

Re: Mini Mafia 1018 - Race with the Devil [hidden]

#819 Post by Chaqa » Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:12 pm

Kinda want to take a page out of Jamie's book and self-vote as a meme.

Ya'll are bad at mafia. Jamie was town.

brainbomb
Posts: 15884
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:20 pm
Location: the sock drawer
Karma: 4730

Re: Mini Mafia 1018 - Race with the Devil [hidden]

#820 Post by brainbomb » Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:13 pm

I was of the opinion that he was excessively griefing and violating our code of conduct. He was being considered for a ban and was asked to recuse himself from playing and has been an issue since his membership on the council. my personal feeling is that Jamie is fun, and also very frustrating. He can be rude and when he devolves into profanity rants against the game it is to the detriment of the game and our community.
Lets not discuss this until post game, but suffice it to say he does not agree with my decision and filed a complaint to the council.

Any further discussion of this at this time should cease. Or be directed to dargorygel, or President Eden who are kouncilmembers not playing or GMING
4

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BunnyGo and 4 guests