Mini Mafia 1018 - Race with the Devil [hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Message
Author
celaph
Posts: 1584
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:41 pm
Location: Bay Area, CA, USA
Karma: 474

Re: Mini Mafia 1018 - Race with the Devil [hidden]

#421 Post by celaph » Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:18 pm

Kakarroto wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:17 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:07 pm
Kakarroto wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:00 pm


You want to test it and pressure vote him?
Ghug, Kak, Jamiet, Celaph — pick three for the scum team?
Phew, that is actually hard. I'm having the creeps right now from lfischl. Worcej isn't here, ok, something sunday and family (see last game), alright, but no word of it is kinda strange. And then ... hmm ... I'm kinda lost. Maybe celaph? Maybe jamie? Maybe bob? From the reactions per se, I'm not sure, but did bob try to buddy me? And maniac was kinda strange too, but that might be just strange strange. Or weird strange.

So probably lfischl, worcej and, with the current low energy situation, probably bob and cel/jamie are just the t vs t situation mafia would want to have? Sorry if I sound unsure but I guess I can't get a better feeling of the situation right now.
Unless Jamie is scum, this hesitancy strikes me as town from Kak. ##unvote

celaph
Posts: 1584
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:41 pm
Location: Bay Area, CA, USA
Karma: 474

Re: Mini Mafia 1018 - Race with the Devil [hidden]

#422 Post by celaph » Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:20 pm

@Kak, go look at lfischl's M67 where he was town. It strikes me as similarly unimpressive to his play today.

Foxcastle
Posts: 4792
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:48 pm
Location: Night Vale
Karma: 1228

Re: Mini Mafia 1018 - Race with the Devil [hidden]

#423 Post by Foxcastle » Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:21 pm

Kakarroto wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:17 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:07 pm
Kakarroto wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:00 pm


You want to test it and pressure vote him?
Ghug, Kak, Jamiet, Celaph — pick three for the scum team?
Phew, that is actually hard. I'm having the creeps right now from lfischl. Worcej isn't here, ok, something sunday and family (see last game), alright, but no word of it is kinda strange. And then ... hmm ... I'm kinda lost. Maybe celaph? Maybe jamie? Maybe bob? From the reactions per se, I'm not sure, but did bob try to buddy me? And maniac was kinda strange too, but that might be just strange strange. Or weird strange.

So probably lfischl, worcej and, with the current low energy situation, probably bob and cel/jamie are just the t vs t situation mafia would want to have? Sorry if I sound unsure but I guess I can't get a better feeling of the situation right now.
I was actually suggesting that scum team consists of three players from that list, rather than soliciting the four players to produce a team of three. :) But I like that you responded anyway, Kakarroto!

Kakarroto
Posts: 926
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:01 pm
Location: Vienna (hold)
Karma: 208

Re: Mini Mafia 1018 - Race with the Devil [hidden]

#424 Post by Kakarroto » Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:22 pm

Hmm ... if Bob is actually mafia with lfischl here, he might also try to do a low key bus. In that case, would it be correct to go for Bob? Or lfischl?

Foxcastle
Posts: 4792
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:48 pm
Location: Night Vale
Karma: 1228

Re: Mini Mafia 1018 - Race with the Devil [hidden]

#425 Post by Foxcastle » Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:24 pm

celaph wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:13 pm
ghug wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:52 pm
celaph wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:50 pm

No, your previous argument itself is obviously flawed in that it gives scum an easy out for voting for someone towny without providing a serious reason. If your argument on either of us has changed, then I'd love to know why.
Does this make you scumread him?
At the time I wrote the post, no. I've seen a number of town suggest anti-town plans and besides this point I thought that he had been playing quite towny. I liked how he handled Kak's fluff and he looked good in his interaction with Jamie.

The two people that I have my eyes on with regard to Fox are Bona and Worcej for how easily he seems to have moved on from them and without substantial comment. He's maneuvered his vote onto a supposed townread entirely under the guise of Worcej's inactive wagon with a full 2 hours left and no real push by him. Given the earlier good behavior it doesn't make me instantly want to call him scum, but if his vote stays here I will want a better reason.
Demanding hard opinions and that everything be justified is just silly on Day 1. It's nearly always all gut reads and grasping at straws, and as often as not, it's town chasing its own tale while scum sits back and watches.

Also, I don't know how to read that last sentence as anything other than a veiled threat of OMGUS.

Kakarroto
Posts: 926
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:01 pm
Location: Vienna (hold)
Karma: 208

Re: Mini Mafia 1018 - Race with the Devil [hidden]

#426 Post by Kakarroto » Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:26 pm

Uhh, I just noticed that worcej's last post was his "super duper scum" thing. Kinda wants me to vote him right now, but then again, I don't like voting for people who aren't here to defend themselves, even when they're mafia, they can't give some unwanted information if they're not here.

Still ... it might bring worcej to talk?

Kakarroto
Posts: 926
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:01 pm
Location: Vienna (hold)
Karma: 208

Re: Mini Mafia 1018 - Race with the Devil [hidden]

#427 Post by Kakarroto » Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:33 pm

Hm, the jamie wagon right now isn't looking as if many people might go off. Maniac posted more than 1 hour ago, rd 2 hours ago, worcej 17 hours (!) ago and ghug is flying.

Though maniac and rd might be on at EoD, so that's that. Don't know if any of them would leave jamie though.

Well, since that might be your last chance to influence the game, jamie, what are your thoughts at this time?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 12087
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm
Location: Seattle
Karma: 6339

Re: Mini Mafia 1018 - Race with the Devil [hidden]

#428 Post by ghug » Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:34 pm

celaph wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:18 pm
Kakarroto wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:17 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:07 pm


Ghug, Kak, Jamiet, Celaph — pick three for the scum team?
Phew, that is actually hard. I'm having the creeps right now from lfischl. Worcej isn't here, ok, something sunday and family (see last game), alright, but no word of it is kinda strange. And then ... hmm ... I'm kinda lost. Maybe celaph? Maybe jamie? Maybe bob? From the reactions per se, I'm not sure, but did bob try to buddy me? And maniac was kinda strange too, but that might be just strange strange. Or weird strange.

So probably lfischl, worcej and, with the current low energy situation, probably bob and cel/jamie are just the t vs t situation mafia would want to have? Sorry if I sound unsure but I guess I can't get a better feeling of the situation right now.
Unless Jamie is scum, this hesitancy strikes me as town from Kak. ##unvote
I also get the sense that he's not likely to be scum with Fox here.

Foxcastle
Posts: 4792
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:48 pm
Location: Night Vale
Karma: 1228

Re: Mini Mafia 1018 - Race with the Devil [hidden]

#429 Post by Foxcastle » Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:34 pm

End of Day is in 25 minutes, right?

celaph
Posts: 1584
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:41 pm
Location: Bay Area, CA, USA
Karma: 474

Re: Mini Mafia 1018 - Race with the Devil [hidden]

#430 Post by celaph » Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:35 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:24 pm
celaph wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:13 pm
ghug wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:52 pm


Does this make you scumread him?
At the time I wrote the post, no. I've seen a number of town suggest anti-town plans and besides this point I thought that he had been playing quite towny. I liked how he handled Kak's fluff and he looked good in his interaction with Jamie.

The two people that I have my eyes on with regard to Fox are Bona and Worcej for how easily he seems to have moved on from them and without substantial comment. He's maneuvered his vote onto a supposed townread entirely under the guise of Worcej's inactive wagon with a full 2 hours left and no real push by him. Given the earlier good behavior it doesn't make me instantly want to call him scum, but if his vote stays here I will want a better reason.
Demanding hard opinions and that everything be justified is just silly on Day 1. It's nearly always all gut reads and grasping at straws, and as often as not, it's town chasing its own tale while scum sits back and watches.

Also, I don't know how to read that last sentence as anything other than a veiled threat of OMGUS.
Where did I say that you had to give hard opinions? You can say that you're voting someone off vibes, but you haven't even said that. Your stated reason for voting me is that you townread me, but weakly and therefore I'm more likely to be scum. As I hope I've made clear, I think that's a terrible and anti-town argument. Of course the last line is a thinly veiled threat. Your stated reason for voting me is terrible so if you're going to try and miskill me with it, I'm going to bang it over your head.

celaph
Posts: 1584
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:41 pm
Location: Bay Area, CA, USA
Karma: 474

Re: Mini Mafia 1018 - Race with the Devil [hidden]

#431 Post by celaph » Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:35 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:34 pm
End of Day is in 25 minutes, right?
Yeah.

Kakarroto
Posts: 926
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:01 pm
Location: Vienna (hold)
Karma: 208

Re: Mini Mafia 1018 - Race with the Devil [hidden]

#432 Post by Kakarroto » Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:36 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:34 pm
End of Day is in 25 minutes, right?
Around that, as far as I know and as far as the bot says.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 12087
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm
Location: Seattle
Karma: 6339

Re: Mini Mafia 1018 - Race with the Devil [hidden]

#433 Post by ghug » Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:37 pm

Fox, if you were going to flashwagon someone right now, who would it be?

celaph
Posts: 1584
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:41 pm
Location: Bay Area, CA, USA
Karma: 474

Re: Mini Mafia 1018 - Race with the Devil [hidden]

#434 Post by celaph » Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:38 pm

##vote worcej

The reasoning on Jamie's wagon is incredibly uninspiring and makes me think people are fine just killing Jamie regardless. Fox seems to be doing his best to make me want to kill him, but something in me wants to hold off on him atm.

Kakarroto
Posts: 926
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:01 pm
Location: Vienna (hold)
Karma: 208

Re: Mini Mafia 1018 - Race with the Devil [hidden]

#435 Post by Kakarroto » Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:41 pm

I could go on a worcej wagon, the one thing that holds me back right here is the thought that he just uses the sunday to be with his family and left the game in the joke (aftermath) phase. I could ask Tymora though if she would be for or against that ... hmmm

Foxcastle
Posts: 4792
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:48 pm
Location: Night Vale
Karma: 1228

Re: Mini Mafia 1018 - Race with the Devil [hidden]

#436 Post by Foxcastle » Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:41 pm

celaph wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:35 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:24 pm
celaph wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:13 pm

At the time I wrote the post, no. I've seen a number of town suggest anti-town plans and besides this point I thought that he had been playing quite towny. I liked how he handled Kak's fluff and he looked good in his interaction with Jamie.

The two people that I have my eyes on with regard to Fox are Bona and Worcej for how easily he seems to have moved on from them and without substantial comment. He's maneuvered his vote onto a supposed townread entirely under the guise of Worcej's inactive wagon with a full 2 hours left and no real push by him. Given the earlier good behavior it doesn't make me instantly want to call him scum, but if his vote stays here I will want a better reason.
Demanding hard opinions and that everything be justified is just silly on Day 1. It's nearly always all gut reads and grasping at straws, and as often as not, it's town chasing its own tale while scum sits back and watches.

Also, I don't know how to read that last sentence as anything other than a veiled threat of OMGUS.
Where did I say that you had to give hard opinions? You can say that you're voting someone off vibes, but you haven't even said that. Your stated reason for voting me is that you townread me, but weakly and therefore I'm more likely to be scum. As I hope I've made clear, I think that's a terrible and anti-town argument. Of course the last line is a thinly veiled threat. Your stated reason for voting me is terrible so if you're going to try and miskill me with it, I'm going to bang it over your head.
Implied by "for how easily he seems to have moved on from them and without substantial comment." 'Hard opinions' is a synonym of 'substantial comment'.

And I have been pretty clear about my reasoning.

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 18442
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 10222
Contact:

Re: Mini Mafia 1018 - Race with the Devil [hidden]

#437 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:42 pm

Kakarroto wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:33 pm
Hm, the jamie wagon right now isn't looking as if many people might go off. Maniac posted more than 1 hour ago, rd 2 hours ago, worcej 17 hours (!) ago and ghug is flying.

Though maniac and rd might be on at EoD, so that's that. Don't know if any of them would leave jamie though.

Well, since that might be your last chance to influence the game, jamie, what are your thoughts at this time?
I think scum are having a good old laugh to themselves about how easy it is to miskill Jamie, that's what I think.

I think at least two of you, Ghug, Rdrivera and Vecna are scum.
I think at least one of Lfischl and Worcej is scum.

##Vote Lfischl

Foxcastle
Posts: 4792
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:48 pm
Location: Night Vale
Karma: 1228

Re: Mini Mafia 1018 - Race with the Devil [hidden]

#438 Post by Foxcastle » Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:43 pm

ghug wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:37 pm
Fox, if you were going to flashwagon someone right now, who would it be?
This question is pretty gross, but probably worcej, or maybe lfshcl.

Foxcastle
Posts: 4792
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:48 pm
Location: Night Vale
Karma: 1228

Re: Mini Mafia 1018 - Race with the Devil [hidden]

#439 Post by Foxcastle » Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:47 pm

##CALL GM: If lfischl does not vote, will he be mod-killed?

Kakarroto
Posts: 926
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:01 pm
Location: Vienna (hold)
Karma: 208

Re: Mini Mafia 1018 - Race with the Devil [hidden]

#440 Post by Kakarroto » Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:50 pm

I don't think he will miss to vote though. If he does miss though, he probably will be replaced by the first on the list, chaqa.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests