M69: Trapped in the Chipotle R&D Lab [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

Re: M69: Trapped in the Chipotle R&D Lab [HIDDEN]

#1261 Post by Maniac » Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:53 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:19 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:50 pm
Okay real talk I want every Maniac voter to explain themselves, both yesterday and today.

The best explanation so far I've personally processed is ghug, saying "Maniac's not fun when he's scum" and ghug didn't even end up voting for Maniac.

Kakarroto - 'his posts aren't sexy'
foodcoats - '+EV'
Hamilton Brian - 'don't let lurkers/low-posters live'
worcej - 'don't have much to say here'

How was this the leading counter wagon? This is ridiculous. Look, I'm not saying there's any reason to town read the guy, but there is a massive congregation of scum reads centering on Maniac and nobody will explain why, why seems extremely opportunistic to me, as though people are riding the wave of public sentiment instead of actually thinking through their scum reads.
worcej wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:29 pm
Your description of entrapment for me also fits bozo FWIW
Well yes, and I don't scum read bozo either. But someone's gotta be scum.

I don't want this game to be bogged down to hyper-narrow focus on a few individuals.

Who have we mostly talked about town reads so far?
Bob for sure, then sprinkles of HB/food/ghug/Vecna depending on who you ask.

Who have we talked about scum reads so far?
Jamiet, damo, Maniac (I hesitate to even include him for above reasons), bozo, me? And 'talking' is being generous for some of the names here.

I want to hear what people think about Vecna, or foodcoats, or hell even lfischl. Where does rdrivera, Kakarroto, Hamilton Brian lie on people's radars? I mean sure, a lot of them are being glossed over because there's just not much to talk about, but a day and a half in even that ought to say something.

Why do you town read Vecna? What do you think about Kaka and rdr so far?
Oh look, Snowy demanding people explain their shitty votes.

How very ironic.

Very.
@Jamie - I know votes on me are shitty votes, but how do you know they are?

Jamiet99uk

#1262 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:53 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:51 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:49 pm
I "could be town for all you know", yet you've been behaving as if you've 100% certianly outed me as scum. Ok.

When I said "It's a team game", I wasn't avoiding the question, I was responding to it.

You've told me how very clever you are. You make the links. Or, if you can't, perhaps reflect on your view of me.
I did make the links. I do reflect on my views on you. That doesn't mean I can't ask you the question, nor does it mean that you're not still dodging the question.

But I suppose if you don't want to, you don't want to.
If I have responded to your question, and if you're confident you can make the links, then did I really dodge your question at all?

I purport not.
This signature is hard to read in dark mode.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1263 Post by Hamilton Brian » Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:55 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:46 pm
@Brian why did my voting damo influence you to vote Maniac?

@Vecna what did Jamiet do, that made you think otherwise?
Looking to tie and get some movement going around the 2 wagons.

Jamiet99uk

#1264 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:55 pm

Maniac wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:53 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:19 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:50 pm
Okay real talk I want every Maniac voter to explain themselves, both yesterday and today.

The best explanation so far I've personally processed is ghug, saying "Maniac's not fun when he's scum" and ghug didn't even end up voting for Maniac.

Kakarroto - 'his posts aren't sexy'
foodcoats - '+EV'
Hamilton Brian - 'don't let lurkers/low-posters live'
worcej - 'don't have much to say here'

How was this the leading counter wagon? This is ridiculous. Look, I'm not saying there's any reason to town read the guy, but there is a massive congregation of scum reads centering on Maniac and nobody will explain why, why seems extremely opportunistic to me, as though people are riding the wave of public sentiment instead of actually thinking through their scum reads.

Well yes, and I don't scum read bozo either. But someone's gotta be scum.

I don't want this game to be bogged down to hyper-narrow focus on a few individuals.

Who have we mostly talked about town reads so far?
Bob for sure, then sprinkles of HB/food/ghug/Vecna depending on who you ask.

Who have we talked about scum reads so far?
Jamiet, damo, Maniac (I hesitate to even include him for above reasons), bozo, me? And 'talking' is being generous for some of the names here.

I want to hear what people think about Vecna, or foodcoats, or hell even lfischl. Where does rdrivera, Kakarroto, Hamilton Brian lie on people's radars? I mean sure, a lot of them are being glossed over because there's just not much to talk about, but a day and a half in even that ought to say something.

Why do you town read Vecna? What do you think about Kaka and rdr so far?
Oh look, Snowy demanding people explain their shitty votes.

How very ironic.

Very.
@Jamie - I know votes on me are shitty votes, but how do you know they are?
I was addressing Snowy, who was treating them as such.

My remark made no conclusions about the quality of the votes on you.

Nice spinning, though. Very A.C.

Jamiet99uk

#1265 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:57 pm

Why is Rdrivera such a lurker in this game?

Bozo should come out of his brightly painted tent, as well. I still suspect him.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1266 Post by ghug » Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:57 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:52 pm
ghug wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:38 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:26 pm

I have very definitely explained why I thought you were third party.
You're ignoring the question. "specifically"

Let's say for a moment that my chicken claim was serious, and it's impossible I would have made it as town. Why is it so much more likely that I'm 3P than mafia?
@jee-hug

What was your thought process when you made your opening post and fake-claimed chicken? Why did you do that?
I scanned through the setup info given directly in the thread and picked the first mention of meat.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1267 Post by ghug » Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:00 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
snowy801 wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:49 pm
I "could be town for all you know", yet you've been behaving as if you've 100% certianly outed me as scum. Ok.

When I said "It's a team game", I wasn't avoiding the question, I was responding to it.

You've told me how very clever you are. You make the links. Or, if you can't, perhaps reflect on your view of me.
I did make the links. I do reflect on my views on you. That doesn't mean I can't ask you the question, nor does it mean that you're not still dodging the question.

If I have responded to your question, and if you're confident you can make the links, then did I really dodge your question at all?

I purport not.
You still haven't answered his question, Jamie.

You've now answered one of mine and not the other.

snowy801

#1268 Post by snowy801 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:02 pm

My best guess is he noticed he's kept putting his foot in his mouth and is deliberately invoking his cantankerous image to avoid digging a deeper hole, whilst simultaneously trying not to appear like he's running away.

But hey, scene change:

Anyone have any opinions on that Kakarroto guy? How about you, Maniac? Welcome to the game.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1269 Post by Hamilton Brian » Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:10 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:02 pm

Anyone have any opinions on that Kakarroto guy? How about you, Maniac? Welcome to the game.
Something that resonates with me wrt Kak is their assertion that the rush at the end of D1 looked like Maniac was being saved. Bit of a confirmation bias for me, I am sure, but aside from that...seems "okay," comes up with an explained reads list but not a lot of investigative work done in preparation.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1270 Post by Hamilton Brian » Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:14 pm

worcej wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:29 pm

I think Maniac is scum still. ##vote Maniac

Your description of entrapment for me also fits bozo FWIW
I don't want to hamper your traveling but I don't want you skipping out of this either. I thought your perception of Maniac had shifted. Did I misunderstand? Is there something outstanding to make you think that they're scum?

snowy801

#1271 Post by snowy801 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:16 pm

Ah, I happen to know nobody was saving anyone, as I was the deciding vote. I would not say it is fair to characterize ghug, celaph and Maniac's literal last minute vote to avoid a draw as a "saving throw" either, so while anyone is free to suspect me it borders conspiracy to look further, I think.

What did just pique my interest is that the main counterwagon, Maniac, has been around for at least 15 minutes EoD but only throw on his bona vote literal last second. I am not sure if that bodes well on him sticking to his scum read, or shows the characteristic cowardice of a scum player not looking to draw attention especially given that bona flipped town.

Though in his defense, he does comment "there's only 3 minutes left?" 3 minutes out, but at the same time I question how hard it is to keep track of time near EoD.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1272 Post by Hamilton Brian » Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:17 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:16 pm
Ah, I happen to know nobody was saving anyone, as I was the deciding vote. I would not say it is fair to characterize ghug, celaph and Maniac's literal last minute vote to avoid a draw as a "saving throw" either, so while anyone is free to suspect me it borders conspiracy to look further, I think.

What did just pique my interest is that the main counterwagon, Maniac, has been around for at least 15 minutes EoD but only throw on his bona vote literal last second. I am not sure if that bodes well on him sticking to his scum read, or shows the characteristic cowardice of a scum player not looking to draw attention especially given that bona flipped town.

Though in his defense, he does comment "there's only 3 minutes left?" 3 minutes out, but at the same time I question how hard it is to keep track of time near EoD.
So would you pursue a Maniac wagon?

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1273 Post by Maniac » Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:19 pm

So I've thought about sharing my hunch as to what item Bona might have had. Yep it may also help 3P and mafia to speculate about this, but the end game may come down to figuring out who had what so...

My guess is that bona had the Cheese.

Bona second post was...
Bonatogether wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:32 pm
i scumread for eden for reasons that i won't specify now, that may or may not be busisng, hilarity, and lack of knowledge who else is here
People like to breadcrumb early. Eden is a brand of cheese, although not a well known one and the garden of Eden famously had an apple tree with forbidden fruit which could point to the Fruit Vendor.

Later on Bona also say...
Bonatogether wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:55 am

what is a fruit vendor and why are they in my mafia
I think Bona has played enough mafia to know what a fruit vendor is. This is the only role he mentions all day.

This is just a hunch and we can't know if Bona is breadcrumbing, but it's an interesting theory.

Jamiet99uk

#1274 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:19 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:02 pm
My best guess is he noticed he's kept putting his foot in his mouth and is deliberately invoking his cantankerous image to avoid digging a deeper hole, whilst simultaneously trying not to appear like he's running away.

But hey, scene change:

Is that a player?

I thought it was a sort of Pokemon.

snowy801

#1275 Post by snowy801 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:20 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:17 pm
So would you pursue a Maniac wagon?
Not really, I still think it's kind of weird how he keeps attracting votes for no apparent reason. Meta reads? But we saw how reliable those are with bona's flip.

There's better fish to fry right now, I think, and he keeps dropping (minimal) nuggets. Hopefully it adds up.

Jamiet99uk

#1276 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:20 pm

ghug wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:57 pm
foodcoats wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:52 pm
ghug wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:38 pm

You're ignoring the question. "specifically"

Let's say for a moment that my chicken claim was serious, and it's impossible I would have made it as town. Why is it so much more likely that I'm 3P than mafia?
@jee-hug

What was your thought process when you made your opening post and fake-claimed chicken? Why did you do that?
I scanned through the setup info given directly in the thread and picked the first mention of meat.
So, you had determined right away that you were going to start the game with a fair item claim?

Why?

Jamiet99uk

#1277 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:20 pm

*fake item claim

Jamiet99uk

#1278 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:23 pm

ghug wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:00 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
snowy801 wrote:

I purport not.
You still haven't answered his question, Jamie.

You've now answered one of mine and not the other.
Sorry, what is your outstanding query for me?

Could you re-state it?

I'm on a train.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1279 Post by Hamilton Brian » Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:26 pm

Maniac wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:19 pm

People like to breadcrumb early. Eden is a brand of cheese, although not a well known one and the garden of Eden famously had an apple tree with forbidden fruit which could point to the Fruit Vendor.

Theory, sure. Nothing I would have picked up on. Not sure I've ever heard of Eden; yeah, garden of eden...maybe? Seems stretchy. Does Bona crumb like that?

snowy801

#1280 Post by snowy801 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:30 pm

Wait hang on, I just had a thought

Should whoever got bona's items claim, if they are town?