M69: Trapped in the Chipotle R&D Lab [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
snowy801

Re: M69: Trapped in the Chipotle R&D Lab [HIDDEN]

#1361 Post by snowy801 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:27 pm

Also what is a ratio to mechanical argument (or are those two things), and what does applying ratio to alignments entail?

Vecna

#1362 Post by Vecna » Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:32 pm

I really feel that was enough of the playstyle talk.

I need a bunch more players to start doing their usual thing to get a better grasp of the game.

Im completely waffling on ghug, snowy, jamiet. I doubt im gonna be able to get a good read there this game. Maybe later

Vecna

#1363 Post by Vecna » Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:33 pm

Anyways, im gonna take a step back and hope more interesting stuff happens while I sleep.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1364 Post by Chaqa » Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:35 pm

##GM Note: the bot appears to be working, but I'm not sure if everyone has been able to keep track of the thread. I'll be sending a PM to everyone in a bit to address this.

BobMcBob

#1365 Post by BobMcBob » Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:39 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:06 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:00 pm
ghug wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:54 pm
Your assessment of him.
I'm trying to say Jamiet is not dumb, that he knows what he's doing and his unnatural reactions are not a result of 'normal Jamiet' but slips in acting. Is this the characterization you would disagree with?
In a fantasy world where you are right, who am I bussing?
a town player perhaps?
although i think that might just be called voting at that point
all this terminology is too much to remember

snowy801

#1366 Post by snowy801 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:48 pm

Good night, I guess.

Whenever I try the 'there will be interesting stuff in the morning' strat nothing much seems to come of it, though admittedly there are more Americans than Euros/other in this game, I think.

I would be extremely sadly refreshing this page along had it not been for auto refresh (highly recommended, just leave it running on a monitor corner).

snowy801

#1367 Post by snowy801 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:49 pm

Good night, I guess.

Whenever I try the 'there will be interesting stuff in the morning' strat nothing much seems to come of it, though admittedly there are more Americans than Euros/other in this game, I think.

I would be extremely sadly refreshing this page along had it not been for auto refresh (highly recommended, just leave it running on a monitor corner).

snowy801

#1368 Post by snowy801 » Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:03 am

BobMcBob wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:39 pm
In a fantasy world where you are right, who am I bussing?
a town player perhaps?
although i think that might just be called voting at that point
all this terminology is too much to remember
[/quote]

It was just weird of him to be asking me that as he was voting for me.
Like, what do you hope to gain with a question like that? "Oh no I guess I can't think of anyone you're bussing guess you're town then"
?

BobMcBob

#1369 Post by BobMcBob » Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:08 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:53 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:51 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:49 pm
I "could be town for all you know", yet you've been behaving as if you've 100% certianly outed me as scum. Ok.

When I said "It's a team game", I wasn't avoiding the question, I was responding to it.

You've told me how very clever you are. You make the links. Or, if you can't, perhaps reflect on your view of me.
I did make the links. I do reflect on my views on you. That doesn't mean I can't ask you the question, nor does it mean that you're not still dodging the question.

But I suppose if you don't want to, you don't want to.
If I have responded to your question, and if you're confident you can make the links, then did I really dodge your question at all?

I purport not.
you are very well aware you dodged the question
just because we can still gain information from it does not mean you didnt dodge it

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1370 Post by Hamilton Brian » Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:01 am

Not sure what happened to my last post. Anyway, we're way too fractured. There's this breakdown of personalities and that's where all the focus is going. If we don't get that under control we're going to be heading to the end a lot faster than we expected.

I don't know what the answer is. Maybe those ongoing beefs around play style and not answering questions need to take a back seat.

Pollyannish of me but we need to coalesce. I know I am not offering an answer but maybe we put the subjective stuff aside and focus on pure objectivity. Posts, Times, and piss away the snide comments. A lot of you have fantastic skills...Jamie, ghug, Vecna, Snowy, Maniac. Focus on using them.

This is my last game for a while and I want to come out with a town win.

BobMcBob

#1371 Post by BobMcBob » Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:08 am

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:48 pm
Maniac wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:45 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:30 pm
Wait hang on, I just had a thought

Should whoever got bona's items claim, if they are town?
NO, it makes them a target for a NK as they have an additional item that scum get when they are killed,
Even better point. Would mafia!Maniac respond like this?
cant see why not

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1372 Post by Hamilton Brian » Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:12 am

BobMcBob wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:08 am

cant see why not
[/quote]

Too bad; it upped Maniac in my rankings. Just like when there was an interaction between Jamie and I where I thought, "Mafia wouldn't respond like that."

Will hold on to for now.

foodcoats

#1373 Post by foodcoats » Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:20 am

Game 69
Page 69
NICE

snowy801

#1374 Post by snowy801 » Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:29 am

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:01 am
Not sure what happened to my last post. Anyway, we're way too fractured. There's this breakdown of personalities and that's where all the focus is going. If we don't get that under control we're going to be heading to the end a lot faster than we expected.

I don't know what the answer is. Maybe those ongoing beefs around play style and not answering questions need to take a back seat.

Pollyannish of me but we need to coalesce. I know I am not offering an answer but maybe we put the subjective stuff aside and focus on pure objectivity. Posts, Times, and piss away the snide comments. A lot of you have fantastic skills...Jamie, ghug, Vecna, Snowy, Maniac. Focus on using them.

What am I to do? 200 posts and 8000 words in and I get handed a "he seems off from last game"

There are players with 8, 10 posts combined

People consistently drop by with a hello and leave with nary a commentary on the game

Best play today is almost certainly to hang a lurker imo. I'm not nearly as sold enough on Jamiet or damo, and have no support or basis on Kaka. I'd hoped we'd have some item results today but all we've got are two roleblock claims, which I'm uncertain is in any way meaningful. All the people you just mentioned aren't even pretending to be trying, but neither do I read (most of) them as scum. And I don't know if it's good or bad that my scum reads aren't shifting elsewhere

Throughout the entire day today, I got the impression that I'm playing alone. I know it isn't true, people were here, it just felt very empty.

I still don't have an answer on any Maniac voters. 3 people haven't even voted yet. bozo's gearing up to hang me, I can smell it in the air, and neither do I think he's scum either.

What is going on? I don't know what more to do. It was not nearly this bad M68 - it was mostly just emc

foodcoats

#1375 Post by foodcoats » Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:32 am

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:12 am
BobMcBob wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:08 am

cant see why not
Too bad; it upped Maniac in my rankings. Just like when there was an interaction between Jamie and I where I thought, "Mafia wouldn't respond like that."

Will hold on to for now.
[/quote]

I'll comment on this since I am bad and have been delving into my badness recently, and this Maniac post is a good example (not that I know Maniac's alignment - but:).

The inherent problem is that people who are good at being scum will say pro town things. This is a major bias that I've been carrying the last several games, thereby townreading people who are just good scum. Pretty much all the people on this site are pretty damn good at scum, so you have to dig to "the second level" to try to uncover scum.

Now- I don't actually know what the second level is. My goal is to start to try to find it. But you have to put in your backpack the fact that people who say and do things that are pro-town aren't necessarily town - because scum are smart enough to realize they cannot play anti-town.

TheMadMonarch

#1376 Post by TheMadMonarch » Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:33 am

Ummm... Hey guys....

I was silenced (more details in later posts), and it apparently lasted 24 hours with a PM reminder.

However, my PMs have broke and it seems to have deleted everything after the 21 june.

I'm gonna assume it's safe to talk. but ##CALL GM please stop me otherwise.

snowy801

#1377 Post by snowy801 » Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:34 am

Oh. Wow, that's actually quite interesting
Kind of awkward too considering my last post but hello, welcome to the game

foodcoats

#1378 Post by foodcoats » Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:34 am

snowy801 wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:29 am
Hamilton Brian wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:01 am

What am I to do? 200 posts and 8000 words in and I get handed a "he seems off from last game"

There are players with 8, 10 posts combined

People consistently drop by with a hello and leave with nary a commentary on the game

Best play today is almost certainly to hang a lurker imo. I'm not nearly as sold enough on Jamiet or damo, and have no support or basis on Kaka. I'd hoped we'd have some item results today but all we've got are two roleblock claims, which I'm uncertain is in any way meaningful. All the people you just mentioned aren't even pretending to be trying, but neither do I read (most of) them as scum. And I don't know if it's good or bad that my scum reads aren't shifting elsewhere

Throughout the entire day today, I got the impression that I'm playing alone. I know it isn't true, people were here, it just felt very empty.

I still don't have an answer on any Maniac voters. 3 people haven't even voted yet. bozo's gearing up to hang me, I can smell it in the air, and neither do I think he's scum either.

What is going on? I don't know what more to do. It was not nearly this bad M68 - it was mostly just emc
You are probably correct about killing lurkers.

##VOTE lfischl

TheMadMonarch

#1379 Post by TheMadMonarch » Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:38 am

You're probably not going to believe this, but last night when I was reading through, I had about 6/7 tabs open for replies. But an accident involving an autoclicker caused me to remove them. I'll post what I've got now, but if you think I've missed something, wave me down.

TheMadMonarch

#1380 Post by TheMadMonarch » Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:39 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:08 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:10 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:46 pm

You promised to explain why you are voting for Bob.

Please do that now.

Thank you so much.
It's very important to keep promises, yes.

Now, could you actually be curious as to what my reasons are, or are you now just following through after being called out by Vecna and don't want to appear out of character?

Be honest, one might wish not to appear out of character for both alignments after all.

What would it say to you, should I choose not to elucidate upon this point by the end of day?
I would genuinely like to know why you scumread Bob because I townread him. Your read on him is the opposite of mine so yes, of course I would like to know why.

I am also currently scumreading you for placing a vote but doing absolutely nothing to push the wagon you're on. That's deeply scummy and you should know that.

If you keep voting for Bob with no explanation, I will vote for you.
Twice.
I don't remember who pointed it out, but someone was talking about the snowy jamie interaction. How jamie had pushed snowy a bunch to explain himself, then just completely backed off. That was posted, now this?