M69: Trapped in the Chipotle R&D Lab [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Kakarroto

Re: M69: Trapped in the Chipotle R&D Lab [HIDDEN]

#5521 Post by Kakarroto » Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:27 pm

I wouldn't go so far as saying it was toxic or harmful or ill-intended, far from it, snowy. There was a phase however where, how to put I correctly ... , you sounded like being the highest authority, arrogant, too sure of yourself ... hm, that doesn't fit it correctly, it goes into the right direction though.

Maybe 'ego-boosted snowy' ... that might be about the correct way of saying it. Like, and it was at the time when I read it live, don't know how that holds up if I reread it again, but at the time, it was like your opinion counted more and you told others how to play.

Though at the same time such situations do occur also with other people in these games and in the phases this game you were correct about certain roles/mechanics/stuff so you definitely are allowed to be proud of this and all, no question, but in the mix with the game and the timing and the responses all together, if just felt wrong.

Maybe I'm also wrong about that, I just try to mirror the time then. I kinda understood where brain was coming from, I think. Although I wouldn't have subbed out if I was brain there, but that's me. Also brains response afterwards was also not how I would've phrased it. All in all I think it was a miscommunication. It was not what you said, snowy, it was how it sounded. Maybe brain, macca and I are too sensitive in that regard, maybe not, but I think I was basically alone in the god qt with my perspective.

I'm not sure if brain would say something about it, but it would be nice if macca could tell me, if my thoughts/impressions are somewhat understandable. Of course only if you want, macca.

snowy801

#5522 Post by snowy801 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:41 pm

No, I definitely agree my tone was unnecessarily obnoxious. I wrote a long apology letter for it (though now that the game is over I must admit that that was only partly a genuine apology, and more motivated by my desire that fellow townies not feel bogged down my hostility which in my experience is game losing).

I accept all criticism about tone. I just wish that some people would recognize that just because they don't like me doesn't make what I say untrue, I guess.

But no biggie.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#5523 Post by Hamilton Brian » Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:10 pm

Chaqa, thank you for the set-up and running this!!! It was pretty fun to experience.

Thanks to EMC and Eden for stepping in when needed.

Everyone that played, thank you!!! Vecna, Bozo, Damo, Snowy particularly come to mind with some good press and plays.

Now I can take my mafia break with what I was hoping for...the town win.

BobMcBob

#5524 Post by BobMcBob » Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:14 pm

See, this is what you get when you die. Nobody even remembers you were there...
Fun game everyone, I really enjoyed this one. Flavour was great, there were some interesting mechanics too. There were some balance issues I think but nothing too extreme.

Vecna played very well for a long time there, and the scumteam put up a solid fight, despite having an nk record to match that of my noob team.

snowy801

#5525 Post by snowy801 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:18 pm

I think Vecna was MVP this game, for all that he lost in the end (too many mechanical clears, but that was hardly his fault). It's not that I didn't suspect him, he just played too well for me to carry that thought through. (Though I would wager that I said Maniac is 3P because it could only have been him or Vecna, and had I not been playing OWTC yesterday instead of mafia I imagine I would've come to that conclusion regardless, so his surrender makes sense). Still, a great game from him, and everyone.

So I just finished reading the God/Mafia QT. Very interesting, highly recommended for everyone.

@Maniac - it's not who you bus, it's how you bus them.

@Kakarroto - from 8/11, 10:31 AM EST
For God QT:

Dear Carrot Cake, or so I hear you're named,

Your scum tell was obviously a continuity of thought in an absence of continuity of gameplay. Which is just a fancy way of saying you brainlessly tunneled Maniac.

You started D1 with a joke vote on Maniac. Fine.
You came back EoD1 by saying "I'm glad people are following me on Maniac." Why? You've had no reason to believe Maniac was scum - there was no questioning whether you should or should not be voting Maniac.
You came back SoD2 by saying "let me pick up where we left off ##vote Maniac" same thing. One might argue that you thought the way D1 wagon played out meant Maniac is likely scum, but you did not show such nuance in your thought processes.

That's it. Just in case you were curious, it was a fairly simple thing.
Also, I didn't mean to offend you or anything by calling you a lurker or saying you should've tried harder, only expressing my firm belief that if I think two people are similarly scummy, always choose the one who posts more (Jamiet, in this case).

And yes, I am absolutely a, how did you say, intuition player. I've said it numerous times, I don't know why you think I was trying to deny it.

Kakarroto

#5526 Post by Kakarroto » Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:19 pm

BobMcBob wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:14 pm
That's not quite true, everyone and their mother mentioned me and pulled my voting pattern and read list out. Kinda feels like I had something of a important role or stuff.

snowy801

#5527 Post by snowy801 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:20 pm

Kakarroto wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:19 pm
BobMcBob wrote:
That's not quite true, everyone and their mother mentioned me and pulled my voting pattern and read list out. Kinda feels like I had something of a important role or stuff.
Yes, an important role in catching the remaining scum. Thanks Kaka!

Kakarroto

#5528 Post by Kakarroto » Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:35 pm

Hm, I see, so some are kinda the same things I noticed afterwards myself, though at the time it felt much more organic to me. I think though I mentioned that the voting pattern D1 itself looked bad (maybe the part I chose was bad, concentrating on the last ones) and stuff. Guess I have to have some deeper looks into it and take some notes.

And about intuition player and things, I was pretty sure you said something about facts and reasoned logic and stuff during the closing of D2 where you pushed me (or was it in N2?), maybe I misunderstood that and I mixed it in my head with something, haven't reread that part too much for now.

Kakarroto

#5529 Post by Kakarroto » Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:37 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:20 pm
Kakarroto wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:19 pm
BobMcBob wrote:
Yes, an important role in catching the remaining scum. Thanks Kaka!
My pleasure, I guess.

Please have a minute of silence though for my team, since they had me as member.

snowy801

#5530 Post by snowy801 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:41 pm

If ever I used the phrase "destroyed by facts and logic", which I admit is moderately frequent for me, please understand that I mean exactly the opposite.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#5531 Post by ghug » Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:48 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 1:48 pm
Kakarroto wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 1:44 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 1:41 pm
I don't think the mafia was too weak, I think they suffered from losing Kak too early on. His role was extremely powerful.
Yeah, and I had such a nice gameplan with my chip serving and crumbing of it (did anyone even get it?), but because of my situation I couldn't participate like I wanted ... just two more days and I would've been able to play normal. And I didn't lurk, I just wasn't here. Didn't even consider my pregame message about it.

Haahh ... but yeah, that's life.
Shit happens. Ghug either almost did or did DK me because I was on a date once.
No, I was your scum teammate that game and we lost cause your damn fake date got you daykilled.

Thanks for running this one, Chaqa. It was pretty cool.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#5532 Post by ghug » Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:50 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:15 pm
FWIW, I think the mental case comment is the only thing that crossed any sort of line. Other than that, I think your critiques and comments were 100% on point, Snowy.
Yeah, Jamie was the prime source of toxicity in this game.

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#5533 Post by Maniac » Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:56 pm

GG everyone. This was a fun set-up

Thanks Chaqa and his assistants for running this one.

@Macca - I did have fun lettucing you

Jamiet99uk

#5534 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:18 pm

ghug wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:50 pm
Chaqa wrote:
FWIW, I think the mental case comment is the only thing that crossed any sort of line. Other than that, I think your critiques and comments were 100% on point, Snowy.
Hello Ghug,

Much as you probably won't believe me, but I was not deliberately trolling you in the way you thought I was. I honestly thought I'd answered you, and you were quite oblique when I asked you to clarify what it was you wanted. We ended up going around in circles and you got very annoyed, which I apologise for - but I assure you it did actually stem from a breakdown in communications in which you obviously felt you'd been crystal clear, but I was genuinely confused about what you were attacking me over.

Sorry.
There are decades where nothing happens, and there are weeks where decades happen. - Lenin.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#5535 Post by ghug » Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:26 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:18 pm
ghug wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:50 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Hello Ghug,

Much as you probably won't believe me, but I was not deliberately trolling you in the way you thought I was. I honestly thought I'd answered you, and you were quite oblique when I asked you to clarify what it was you wanted. We ended up going around in circles and you got very annoyed, which I apologise for - but I assure you it did actually stem from a breakdown in communications in which you obviously felt you'd been crystal clear, but I was genuinely confused about what you were attacking me over.

Sorry.
Your toxicity was not limited to that interaction, or even your interactions with me. You opened the game with insults. You called kgray a condescending fuck because she scumread you too much to trust your opinions. You said rude things about snowy while aggressively playing the victim because he was correctly outlining why you were scum.

brainbomb

#5536 Post by brainbomb » Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:30 pm

Good job chaqa on running a game which was fun for mostly all involved. DemonRHK is up next andM70 setup review is already well along

brainbomb

#5537 Post by brainbomb » Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:31 pm

If anyone would like to gm a mini game there should be plenty of time between now and m70

Jamiet99uk

#5538 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:34 pm

ghug wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:26 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:18 pm

Hello Ghug,

Sorry.
Your toxicity was not limited to that interaction, or even your interactions with me. You opened the game with insults. You called kgray a condescending fuck because she scumread you too much to trust your opinions. You said rude things about snowy while aggressively playing the victim because he was correctly outlining why you were scum.
Snowy was consistently rude to me and I make no apology for my responses to that attitude.
There are decades where nothing happens, and there are weeks where decades happen. - Lenin.

Jamiet99uk

#5539 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:35 pm

And I absolutely didn't "open the game with insults", you just became pissy because I made your name small.

Grow up.

Jamiet99uk

#5540 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:36 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:31 pm
If anyone would like to gm a mini game there should be plenty of time between now and m70
Oo how much time?