M69: Trapped in the Chipotle R&D Lab [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Message
Author
bozotheclown
Posts: 8596
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:13 am
Karma: 1319

Re: M69: Trapped in the Chipotle R&D Lab [HIDDEN]

#1061 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:15 am

BobMcBob wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:10 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:58 am
BobMcBob wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:56 am


the bit where youre scum
i mainly had other reasons, and i think jamie was a little too enthusiastic, but he makes decent points about your reads being strange
What reads of mine did you find strange?
were talking about this in the context of a post jamie made entirely about your reads being strange, have a guess
I don't know what that means. Do you agree with him on every read he thought was strange?
1

BobMcBob
Posts: 2427
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:28 am
Location: Also Not Austalia
Karma: 1084

Re: M69: Trapped in the Chipotle R&D Lab [HIDDEN]

#1062 Post by BobMcBob » Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:20 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:15 am
BobMcBob wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:10 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:58 am


What reads of mine did you find strange?
were talking about this in the context of a post jamie made entirely about your reads being strange, have a guess
I don't know what that means. Do you agree with him on every read he thought was strange?
the fact that you felt the need to make reads on non-posters was strange
the fact that you had food so low was strange
the fact that you had snowy that high was strange

bozotheclown
Posts: 8596
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:13 am
Karma: 1319

Re: M69: Trapped in the Chipotle R&D Lab [HIDDEN]

#1063 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:27 am

BobMcBob wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:20 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:15 am
BobMcBob wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:10 am


were talking about this in the context of a post jamie made entirely about your reads being strange, have a guess
I don't know what that means. Do you agree with him on every read he thought was strange?
the fact that you felt the need to make reads on non-posters was strange
the fact that you had food so low was strange
the fact that you had snowy that high was strange
I put damo and rdrivera below those I was town leaning and above those I was scum leaning. foodcoats had only posted 3 times, but in his first post he said he was lost, and I have never seen foodcoats lost in a mafia game before, as he always has a very good understanding of the setup. My initial vote for snowy in my first post was a joke because I chose to scum read him in M1017, and did not represent my level of scum reading him.
1

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 10117
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm
Location: Seattle
Karma: 2412

Re: M69: Trapped in the Chipotle R&D Lab [HIDDEN]

#1064 Post by ghug » Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:30 am

Maniac wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:02 am
The Jamie/Ghug thing is interesting.

If I understand it correctly Ghug softed/joked he had chicken. Jamie has chicken and deduced from that that Ghug is 3P.

Jamie thinks 3P!Ghug would fake claim an item he needs so that the real holder of that item will CC and Ghug can then snatch it. I disagree with this. 3P!Ghug would I believe be much more patient and wait for people to start claiming items further down the track.

What’s interesting is why Jamie appears to be 3P hunting so early and also his ‘error’ in forgetting that the 3P can’t be NK. It’s common for 3Ps to have NK immunity so I simply don’t believe that Town!Jamie would make such an error which points to Jamie being scum.

Whilst I don’t buy into Ghug being 3P perhaps if Jamie is scum and they believe Ghug is 3P then the roadblock makes sense. And Ghug did end up on Bona perhaps to catch their item even though Ghug was scum reading me (the counter wagon).

I already scum read Jamie so quite happy to ##vote Jamie.

@Ghug, if Jamie’s wagon runs away would you be prepared to step off it. On the off chance Scum!Jamie is right and you’re the 3P.
If two of snowy, damo, and Vecna believe there's a credible case that I'm more likely 3P than the average bear, and the wagon is ahead by at least three at EoD, sure.
1

BobMcBob
Posts: 2427
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:28 am
Location: Also Not Austalia
Karma: 1084

Re: M69: Trapped in the Chipotle R&D Lab [HIDDEN]

#1065 Post by BobMcBob » Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:34 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:27 am
BobMcBob wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:20 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:15 am


I don't know what that means. Do you agree with him on every read he thought was strange?
the fact that you felt the need to make reads on non-posters was strange
the fact that you had food so low was strange
the fact that you had snowy that high was strange
I put damo and rdrivera below those I was town leaning and above those I was scum leaning. foodcoats had only posted 3 times, but in his first post he said he was lost, and I have never seen foodcoats lost in a mafia game before, as he always has a very good understanding of the setup. My initial vote for snowy in my first post was a joke because I chose to scum read him in M1017, and did not represent my level of scum reading him.
perhaps they werent overly strange (but they were still strange)
regardless, that was never a large part of why i scumread you

BobMcBob
Posts: 2427
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:28 am
Location: Also Not Austalia
Karma: 1084

Re: M69: Trapped in the Chipotle R&D Lab [HIDDEN]

#1066 Post by BobMcBob » Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:44 am

what ho!
macca appears to be reading for the first time today

Vecna
Posts: 10274
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:43 am
Karma: 2569

Re: M69: Trapped in the Chipotle R&D Lab [HIDDEN]

#1067 Post by Vecna » Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:51 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:17 pm
The odd thing is, if the Scum also suspected Ghug was 3P, why only roleblock him, and not kill him?

Weird.
Theres also a roleblock item. Another very quick assumption.

Maybe jamiet is scum that is very worried that Ghug is 3p?

My first impression of the chicken claim was "ghug is probably trying to fuck with the 3P". Yet it was acted on by some people that really took it literally?

Iiiin-teresting
1

BobMcBob
Posts: 2427
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:28 am
Location: Also Not Austalia
Karma: 1084

Re: M69: Trapped in the Chipotle R&D Lab [HIDDEN]

#1068 Post by BobMcBob » Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:55 am

i really feel like im giving people too much credit half the time, and not enough the other half
i took ghugs chicken claim as nothing but an early game joke and just left it there
but nope, apparently people actually took it seriously

Vecna
Posts: 10274
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:43 am
Karma: 2569

Re: M69: Trapped in the Chipotle R&D Lab [HIDDEN]

#1069 Post by Vecna » Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:56 am

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:49 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:45 pm
Scum-pool currently looks like Ghug, Bozo, Lfischl, Snowy, maybe Maniac, maybe Macca, and as an outsider maybe Foodcoats if Bozo was bussing him.

I think that Damo, Bob, and Vecna are likely town. Karrakkoottoo was on my scum-radar but really seemed to try harder overnight (or am I mistaking an increase in post volume for an increase in post quality?)

Hamilton Brine and Jimmy Worcester I'm not sure on yet.
Rdrivera has made no impact on me either.
Dargorygel isn't even playing.
I'd really like to hear from Damo about Foodcoat's strong opinion that they're mafia since connecting the dots around the vote D1. I think we agree about Bob and Vecna. And probably Kakarroto.
HB is giving me some thoughts so far.

Most of his posts appear towny, but do not appear OBV-towny, as has been the case in most of his town games in the last ~year. In fact, its reminding me a slight bit of his one game where he was scum, and I also felt that most of his posts were towny, but I was one of the few people to think he was town.

Hows everyone else feeling on this slot?
1

Vecna
Posts: 10274
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:43 am
Karma: 2569

Re: M69: Trapped in the Chipotle R&D Lab [HIDDEN]

#1070 Post by Vecna » Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:58 am

snowy801 wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:04 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:03 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:56 pm


I don't have one, really
Why are you voting for Bob then?
That's a fair question, Jamiet.
Hah, I think I like where this is going
1

Vecna
Posts: 10274
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:43 am
Karma: 2569

Re: M69: Trapped in the Chipotle R&D Lab [HIDDEN]

#1071 Post by Vecna » Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:58 am

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:13 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:11 pm
Not sure. Kaka, maybe?

Thinking about it.
Ugh. You and I aren't jive-ing at all.
observation. no action/conclusion attached though.
1

Vecna
Posts: 10274
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:43 am
Karma: 2569

Re: M69: Trapped in the Chipotle R&D Lab [HIDDEN]

#1072 Post by Vecna » Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:03 am

snowy801 wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:29 pm
If they're willing to spend a RB n1, they're probably willing to do so n2. If that's the case, they should probably claim EoN2, not right now.
Claim EoN2 and then give away the empty item during D3 to evade 3P stealing it the following night. Seems like a decent line of play.
1

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 1453
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:20 am
Location: https://www.parliament.uk/
Karma: 523

Re: M69: Trapped in the Chipotle R&D Lab [HIDDEN]

#1073 Post by Maniac » Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:04 am

ghug wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:30 am
Maniac wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:02 am
The Jamie/Ghug thing is interesting.

If I understand it correctly Ghug softed/joked he had chicken. Jamie has chicken and deduced from that that Ghug is 3P.

Jamie thinks 3P!Ghug would fake claim an item he needs so that the real holder of that item will CC and Ghug can then snatch it. I disagree with this. 3P!Ghug would I believe be much more patient and wait for people to start claiming items further down the track.

What’s interesting is why Jamie appears to be 3P hunting so early and also his ‘error’ in forgetting that the 3P can’t be NK. It’s common for 3Ps to have NK immunity so I simply don’t believe that Town!Jamie would make such an error which points to Jamie being scum.

Whilst I don’t buy into Ghug being 3P perhaps if Jamie is scum and they believe Ghug is 3P then the roadblock makes sense. And Ghug did end up on Bona perhaps to catch their item even though Ghug was scum reading me (the counter wagon).

I already scum read Jamie so quite happy to ##vote Jamie.

@Ghug, if Jamie’s wagon runs away would you be prepared to step off it. On the off chance Scum!Jamie is right and you’re the 3P.
If two of snowy, damo, and Vecna believe there's a credible case that I'm more likely 3P than the average bear, and the wagon is ahead by at least three at EoD, sure.
You’ve set a high bar there. Why no just ‘if Jamie is certain to be DK then you’ll step off his wagon’?
1

Vecna
Posts: 10274
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:43 am
Karma: 2569

Re: M69: Trapped in the Chipotle R&D Lab [HIDDEN]

#1074 Post by Vecna » Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:07 am

BobMcBob wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:57 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:21 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:01 am
Where is LfischI ?

Where is Rdrivera ?

Where is Celaph ?
Why are you parroting Damo?
this is such a strange thing to pick up on
i had also pointed out their absence, and it wasnt exactly a hard thought to come by
also its not the sort of thing people tend to intentionally parrot
so its strange that rdr spends one of his very few posts picking out this of all things
noting this one down too
He also hasnt commented that I havent commented on him whatsoever. Its slightly excusable since he hasnt been around at all, but this does feel like that moment where I really want some participation from Rdr
1

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 17274
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 8117
Contact:

Re: M69: Trapped in the Chipotle R&D Lab [HIDDEN]

#1075 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:07 am

Maniac wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:02 am

@Ghug, if Jamie’s wagon runs away would you be prepared to step off it. On the off chance Scum!Jamie is right and you’re the 3P.
What an odd question.

Surely Ghug already knows whether he is the 3P or not?
1

Vecna
Posts: 10274
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:43 am
Karma: 2569

Re: M69: Trapped in the Chipotle R&D Lab [HIDDEN]

#1076 Post by Vecna » Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:09 am

ghug wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:57 pm
Yeah, it's just too convenient.

Jamie softed that he knew I was "lying" about the chicken yesterday but he had no interest in fully claiming it. Suddenly the fact that I've claimed roleblocked is enough for him to claim, and he's all ready to explain the roleblock as scum also thinking I'm third party. That's not a logical thought progression.

On the other hand, ghug makes a joke about having Jamie's item as the game opens. Jamie believes I'm serious, for whatever reason, and thinks I'm third party fakeclaiming an item (even if you think I was serious, concluding I'm specifically 3P rather than just scum in general makes no sense unless you know something). His team roleblocks me, and then he helpfully volunteers this information to the town, but makes no case either way on whether i should be killed immediately or not.

The scum explanation makes significantly more sense.

##VOTE Jamie
The way this plays out; scum theater? Scum rb-killing Celaph, then having Jamiet tunnel on Ghug comfirming the RB-logic, all to confirm Ghug was really (but not really) roleblocked by scum?

Welcome to this edition of conspiracy weekly.

Im totally calling it, this is actually what is happening.
1

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 17274
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 8117
Contact:

Re: M69: Trapped in the Chipotle R&D Lab [HIDDEN]

#1077 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:11 am

BobMcBob wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:20 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:15 am
BobMcBob wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:10 am


were talking about this in the context of a post jamie made entirely about your reads being strange, have a guess
I don't know what that means. Do you agree with him on every read he thought was strange?
the fact that you felt the need to make reads on non-posters was strange
the fact that you had food so low was strange
the fact that you had snowy that high was strange
I agree with Bob.

Bob, you should vote for Bozo.
1

Vecna
Posts: 10274
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:43 am
Karma: 2569

Re: M69: Trapped in the Chipotle R&D Lab [HIDDEN]

#1078 Post by Vecna » Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:11 am

In one of the previous games they were scum together, this also happened in scum chat:

Jamiet: Sorry Ghug, I caught you in a lie and now I have to tunnel you for it incessantly
Ghug: Damnit jamiet, go easy on me
D2: Ghug has been killed, people townread jamiet. Then he gets caught

It feels like one of these again
1

Vecna
Posts: 10274
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:43 am
Karma: 2569

Re: M69: Trapped in the Chipotle R&D Lab [HIDDEN]

#1079 Post by Vecna » Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:12 am

ghug wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:57 pm
Yeah, it's just too convenient.

Jamie softed that he knew I was "lying" about the chicken yesterday but he had no interest in fully claiming it. Suddenly the fact that I've claimed roleblocked is enough for him to claim, and he's all ready to explain the roleblock as scum also thinking I'm third party. That's not a logical thought progression.

On the other hand, ghug makes a joke about having Jamie's item as the game opens. Jamie believes I'm serious, for whatever reason, and thinks I'm third party fakeclaiming an item (even if you think I was serious, concluding I'm specifically 3P rather than just scum in general makes no sense unless you know something). His team roleblocks me, and then he helpfully volunteers this information to the town, but makes no case either way on whether i should be killed immediately or not.

The scum explanation makes significantly more sense.

##VOTE Jamie
Also, whenever does Ghug actually put this much effort into a post as town?

He is enjoying the shit out of this moment.
1

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 17274
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 8117
Contact:

Re: M69: Trapped in the Chipotle R&D Lab [HIDDEN]

#1080 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:12 am

Vecna wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:09 am
ghug wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:57 pm
Yeah, it's just too convenient.

Jamie softed that he knew I was "lying" about the chicken yesterday but he had no interest in fully claiming it. Suddenly the fact that I've claimed roleblocked is enough for him to claim, and he's all ready to explain the roleblock as scum also thinking I'm third party. That's not a logical thought progression.

On the other hand, ghug makes a joke about having Jamie's item as the game opens. Jamie believes I'm serious, for whatever reason, and thinks I'm third party fakeclaiming an item (even if you think I was serious, concluding I'm specifically 3P rather than just scum in general makes no sense unless you know something). His team roleblocks me, and then he helpfully volunteers this information to the town, but makes no case either way on whether i should be killed immediately or not.

The scum explanation makes significantly more sense.

##VOTE Jamie
The way this plays out; scum theater? Scum rb-killing Celaph, then having Jamiet tunnel on Ghug comfirming the RB-logic, all to confirm Ghug was really (but not really) roleblocked by scum?

Welcome to this edition of conspiracy weekly.

Im totally calling it, this is actually what is happening.
Vote for my team-mate Ghug and I will join you.

I love bussing my team-mate Ghug.
1

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 8 guests