Mini-Mafia Game - Interesting Facts Edition GAME THREAD [Hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

Re: Mini-Mafia Game - Interesting Facts Edition GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#901 Post by ghug » Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:01 pm

Day has ended please hold?

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#902 Post by rdrivera2005 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:01 pm

I told it was Vecna. I won't play with JBH again.

Vecna

#903 Post by Vecna » Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:02 pm

JBH is jester lol

Ghug is doc

worcej

#904 Post by worcej » Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:02 pm

DAY HAS ENDED. PLEASE HOLD.

(Boss needing my help > internet game, sorry!)

snowy801

#905 Post by snowy801 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:02 pm

Day technically hasn't ended, if you all want to vote back

Kind of cheap to say this, but I don't really feel like losing

worcej

#906 Post by worcej » Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:04 pm

Preliminary Final VC:
snowy801 (7) bozotheclown, Hamilton Brian, foodcoats, ghug, damo666, snowy801, Vecna
bozotheclown (2) rdrivera2005, Chaqa
Vecna (1) Johnny Big Horse

Preliminary look says the bot matches the VC up to my 2 minutes being late, however if it's really off PM me.

worcej

#907 Post by worcej » Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:09 pm

Final Vote Count:
snowy801 (7) bozotheclown, Hamilton Brian, foodcoats, ghug, damo666, snowy801, Vecna
bozotheclown (2) rdrivera2005, Chaqa
Vecna (1) Johnny Big Horse

Interesting Facts About Snow:
1. Snow is not white. It typically appears white because visible light is white. Frozen water particles are translucent, but the sunlight's reflection gives snow its white appearance.

2. Snowflakes always have six sides. The hydrogen and oxygen molecules that snowflakes are made of can only fit together in a way that results in a six-sided ice crystal.

3. It's a myth that no two snowflakes are exactly the same. In 1988, Nancy Knight, a scientist at the National Center for Atmosphere Research in Colorado, found two identical snowflakes that came from a storm out of Wisconsin.

4. Snow warms you up. Since fresh, compacted snow is approximately 90 to 95 percent trapped air, it's a great insulator. This is the reason why many animals burrow deep into the snow during winter in order to hibernate. It's also the reason that igloos, that use only body heat to warm them, can be 100 degrees warmer inside than outside.

5. Snow is classified as a mineral. Frozen water, or ice, is a naturally occurring solid, so snow is categorized as a mineral.

6. Snow affects sound. Freshly fallen snow absorbs sound waves, giving everything a seemingly hushed, quieter ambiance after a flurry. But if the snow then melts and refreezes, the ice can reflect sound waves making sound travel further and clearer.

7. Snow is adaptable. Usually, the air temperature needs to be around the freezing mark for snow to form, but if rain falls for long enough it can cool the air around it as it falls and eventually creates the right environment to produce flakes. So the temperature could be 42 degrees Fahrenheit on the ground and snow could still be falling.

8. Yodeling will not cause an avalanche. A sudden deluge of snow, an increase in wind speed or even the overzealous footstep of a skier can trigger a sudden cascade. A loud burst of yodeling cannot trigger does not have that much of an effect.

9. Snowflakes aren't the only form of snow. Snow can also precipitate as snow pellets or sleet. Snow pellets are opaque ice particles that form in the atmosphere as ice crystals fall through freezing cloud droplets — meaning cloud particles that are colder than the freezing point of water but remain liquid. The cloud droplets group together to form a soft, lumpy mass. Sleet, on the other hand, consists of drops of rain that freeze into small, translucent balls of ice as they fall from the sky.

10. The most snow ever recorded from a single storm in North America was 189 inches. The Mount Shasta Ski Bowl in Northern California received 189 inches of snow, or 15.75 feet of snow, from February 13 to the 19 in 1959. Let's see if Mother Nature will beat that record this year!

Oh, and snowy801 HAS DIED! HE WAS A SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE (Vanilla Town)!

See you all in ~24 hours. Enjoy your time of silence as I think of some more facts to sprinkle at you.

worcej

#908 Post by worcej » Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:00 pm

Night has ended. Please hold.

worcej

#909 Post by worcej » Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:03 pm

Night Two Results - WWII Interesting Facts Edition

Mafia is like a war between two factions, with each individual representing a nation, striving for their side to be victorious. That's my dumb reasoning for deciding to go with these facts for you!

Random WWII Facts:
  1. The first German serviceman killed in the war was killed by the Japanese.
  2. The first American serviceman killed was killed by the Russians.
  3. Over 100,000 Allied bomber crewmen were killed over Europe.
  4. More US servicemen died in the Air Corps than the Marine Corps.
  5. British soldiers got a ration of three sheets of toilet paper a day. Americans got 22.
  6. In 1941, more than 3 million cars were manufactured in the US. Only 139 more were made during the entire war.
  7. Total casualties for World War II were between 50 and 70 million people, 80% of who came form only four countries — Russia, China, Germany, and Poland. Over 50% of the casualties were civilians, with the majority of those being women and children.
  8. Only one out of every four men serving on U-boats survived.
  9. Four of every five German soldiers killed in the war died on the Eastern Front.
  10. Only 20% of the males born in the Soviet Union in 1923 survived the war.
  11. The Siege of Stalingrad resulted in more Russian deaths (military and civilian) than the US and Britain sustained (combined) in all of World War II.
  12. During World War II, the largest Japanese spy ring was actually located in Mexico.
  13. The mortality rate for POWs in Russian camps was 85%.
  14. The first bomb dropped on Berlin by the Allies killed the only elephant in the Berlin Zoo.
  15. Had it been necessary for a third atom bomb, the city targeted would have been Tokyo.
  16. Between 1939 and 1945, the Allies dropped 3.4 million tons of bombs, which averaged to 27,700 tons per month.
  17. During WWII, the Japanese launched 9,000 “wind ship weapons” of paper and rubberized-silk balloons that carried incendiary and anti-personnel bombs to the U.S. More than 1,000 balloons hit their targets and they reached as far east as Michigan. The only deaths resulting from a balloon bomb were six Americans (including five children and a pregnant woman) on a picnic in Oregon.
  18. The vast majority of German war criminals passed themselves off as refugees at displaced persons camps when the war ended, thereby gaining freedom.
  19. The now iconic "We Can Do It" poster was initially not intended for public display, and only a small number of people saw it when it was first published in 1942. It only gained popularity in the 1980s when the feminist movement appropriated the image.
  20. The greatest loss of life ever sustained by the U.S. Navy occurred on July 30, 1945. The USS Indianapolis was shot by Japanese submarine I-58. Captain Charles McVay, commanding officer of the cruiser, was the only U.S. Navy officer ever to be court-martialed for losing a ship in war
  21. After the sneak attack at Pearl Harbor, President Roosevelt searched for a bulletproof car. However, because government regulation prohibited spending more than $750 to buy a car, the only one they could find was Al Capone’s limo, which had been seized by the Treasury Department after he was arrested for tax evasion. FDR said, “I hope Mr. Capone won’t mind.”
  22. The Great Depression had a ripple effect throughout the world. It prevented Germany from paying WWI reparations, which forced Great Britain and France to default on their debts to the U.S. which, in turn, sowed discontent throughout the globe.
  23. Large, inflatable barrage balloons were used to protect major towns and cities in Britain from air raids. The balloons were launched before a raid and trailed a network of steel cables beneath them. Bombers had to fly high to avoid becoming tangled in the cables, thus reducing their accuracy.
  24. Japan and Russia never formally ended hostilities after WWII. Plans for them to sign an official peace treaty in 2000 failed because Japan wanted Russia to return four offshore islands it had taken after the war.
  25. From 1942, U.S. Marines in the Pacific used the Navajo language as their secret code. The language didn’t have the vocabulary for existing WWII technology, so existing words had to be given new meanings. For example, the word for “hummingbird” (da-he-ti-hi) became code for fighter plane. Around 400 Navajo Indians (Code Talkers) were trained to use the code, and the Japanese never cracked it.
And, arguably something you care more about since it's more relevant to you...

Hamilton Brian HAS DIED! HE WAS A WWII HISTORIAN (Vanilla Town)!

Day 3 has begun. You may now post.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#910 Post by ghug » Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:03 pm

##VOTE ghug
##end

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#911 Post by Chaqa » Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:06 pm

Can we just end the game? It's clearly over.

I have no interest in prolonging this dumpster fire.

Johnny Big Horse
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#912 Post by Johnny Big Horse » Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:08 pm

Ok, so I know some of you were mad at me for not voting the clown or Snowy. I think the clown is the jester, Snowy I thought wasn't mafia.

Stay mad though.

Chaquito was right, I missed the page where Bozo very boldly said he was the cop. Totally missed that page. Crazy. Well, I think he is the jester. But I am likely wrong.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#913 Post by Chaqa » Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:08 pm

To ghug: why did you have to be an ass and not take the win day 1 or 2, instead of today

To the mafia: gg, i guess. pretty dumb setup tbh

To the other town who decided to vote snowy: very sad

Good win for what I presume is a Bozo, Damo, (Vecna?) team

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#914 Post by Chaqa » Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:09 pm

Johnny Big Horse wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:08 pm
Ok, so I know some of you were mad at me for not voting the clown or Snowy. I think the clown is the jester, Snowy I thought wasn't mafia.

Stay mad though.

Chaquito was right, I missed the page where Bozo very boldly said he was the cop. Totally missed that page. Crazy. Well, I think he is the jester. But I am likely wrong.
Bozo is scanned guilty as mafia by Rivera.

TLDR:

Bozo->Mafia
Rivera->Cop
Ghug->Jester

Damo, Vecna->Likely mafia

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#915 Post by Chaqa » Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:14 pm

We’re at 8 players, 4 town 3 mafia 1 jester

We are mathematically unable to win, which is why it was a good idea to not vote yesterday, and especially it was dumb to vote for Snowy. Very disappointed in everyone else

Our only chance is a tie today with a doc save tomorrow, which doesn’t even help us win. So we can’t win.

Game should be over.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#916 Post by ghug » Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:15 pm

Chaqa wrote:
To ghug: why did you have to be an ass and not take the win day 1 or 2, instead of today

To the mafia: gg, i guess. pretty dumb setup tbh

To the other town who decided to vote snowy: very sad

Good win for what I presume is a Bozo, Damo, (Vecna?) team
a) I still kinda stand by my view of things being the correct one. I don't think I fully realized how much someone in my position was going to be able to fuck with the day 2 kill, but my other points in favor still stand.
b) I thought at least snowy actually agreed with my view and was trying to goad a jester claim so that y'all could proceed to not kill me. I kinda thought you were doing this too for a while, though it faded by the end of the day.
c) I actually did offer myself up yesterday, though that was as much in an attempt to create enough chaos to save bozo as anything else.

Agreed on the setup, it didn't work well. Town can only get one kill wrong without some mechanical luck somewhere, which is BS.

I think it's bozo/Vecna/food, but the last one could easily be damo/Johnny/HB.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#917 Post by Chaqa » Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:17 pm

How could you think I was baiting jester when I was the one pushing for the jester kill…

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#918 Post by Chaqa » Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:18 pm

##CallGM: can the game just be over?

Johnny Big Horse
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#919 Post by Johnny Big Horse » Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:21 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:09 pm
Johnny Big Horse wrote:

Stay mad though.

TLDR:

Bozo->Mafia
Rivera->Cop
Ghug->Jester

Did I miss this too? Ghug has proclaimed himself Jester?
Rivera said he was cop?

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#920 Post by Chaqa » Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:21 pm

Johnny Big Horse wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:21 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:09 pm
Johnny Big Horse wrote:

Stay mad though.

TLDR:

Bozo->Mafia
Rivera->Cop
Ghug->Jester

Did I miss this too? Ghug has proclaimed himself Jester?
Rivera said he was cop?
Yes and yes.

You really missed like the whole game.