Mini-Mafia Game - Interesting Facts Edition GAME THREAD [Hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
damo666

Re: Mini-Mafia Game - Interesting Facts Edition GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#361 Post by damo666 » Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:44 pm

I think you're being toyed with @food

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#362 Post by Chaqa » Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:48 pm

Johnny Big Horse wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:33 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:48 pm
-- snipped --

Bob
Ghug
Rivera
---------------
Johnny
Food

I believe there is a very high likelihood of finding scum in that group.

*Rivera was part of the maxim as well, though I left him out before because he hadn't posted as much yet and I was waiting to see what he would do.
Fine reasoning Chaqa, but ... this is day one. Day one is a waste of time to really contribute much. I think this maxim would work better on any other day but Day 1. I am not saying much because I know that I have nothing to say. Some or most of you also have nothing of value to say today either, but that doesn't stop you from writing. At least I try not to pollute the forum with meaningless words.

Remove me from your list.
I didn't even say what the maxim is, so it's weird to see you getting defensive over something unrelated.

snowy801

#363 Post by snowy801 » Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:50 pm

In particular, considering the timeline of ghug's following down the thread it matches perfectly with the reply he had to my accusation.

And also one must consider that there is no tangible benefit for *scum* to double down on being jester either. Why draw attention to yourself like that? Usually people with something to lose play more cautiously.

Starting to moderately just straight up town read ghug.

Still not sure on the Bob wagon, have we no alternatives in mind?

foodcoats

#364 Post by foodcoats » Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:52 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:50 pm
In particular, considering the timeline of ghug's following down the thread it matches perfectly with the reply he had to my accusation.

And also one must consider that there is no tangible benefit for *scum* to double down on being jester either. Why draw attention to yourself like that? Usually people with something to lose play more cautiously.

What do you think of rdr or JBH?

foodcoats

#365 Post by foodcoats » Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:55 pm

Now that I think of it, snowy, can you explain why your vote is on dargorygel currently?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#366 Post by ghug » Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:00 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:39 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:16 pm
I am however coming to conclude that it is simply unconscionable not to vote out ghug today.

I understood the first jester claim - he framed it as a joke, a joke I set up, and long ago I also made many such similar comments. Just in good fun, you see.

But then town had a very lengthy discussion on the merits of autovoting jester, and he came in and doubled down on the claim. Also understandable - he is in fact the jester, and just wants to fulfill his wincondition. Ez pz

But then he says... he doesn't want to be voted out? Later retracts his claim and says he hates the concept of hard claiming, and also that he faked his 2nd jester claim because he didn't want to get voted?

Call me simple, but town doesn't fake a role to avoid being voted out. You just bite the bullet while doing your best to organically shift the vote.

I mean yes, a PR might fake such a role, but let's be real here - if by voting out ghug we out PR he brought it upon himself.

...I think?

Also I don't know, Bob gives me towny vibes. But take all that I say with a grain of salt I am straight up delirous right now.

I think it I were to shoot for scum here it'd be darg or bozo? But again, I am a proponent for ghug.
This is a very good analysis of the ghug problem. I think you may have convinced me.

##VOTE ghug
Oh yeah, it has nothing to do with the fact you were scumreading me already?

foodcoats

#367 Post by foodcoats » Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:03 pm

Just going through snowy's iso, the only scumread he has ever explained is HB, for lurking. He references Chaqa, bozo, and JBH as scum in one post, and darg and bozo in another, but he has not explained those in any way.

The hedge is real.

##VOTE snowy

snowy801

#368 Post by snowy801 » Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:04 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:52 pm
snowy801 wrote:

I've been so disappointed by rdrivera in the previous game that I'm afraid it might be coloring my view of him.

That being said, if I were to have to draw an inclination based on his 6 (6! what is he doing) posts, I liked his posts #2, 3 which talked about Bob's list saying "It was a joke.... what? It wasn't a joke?" and that rolled off pretty organically to me, though it's short enough and he's smart enough to fake that

JBH honestly is acting smega weird. It's hard to put a finger on it, but I've generally echoed the handful of sentiments that said something is off about our resident equine, and if I were to choose between the two it would be him.

That being said I'm not particularly sold on him.

foodcoats

#369 Post by foodcoats » Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:04 pm

ghug wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:00 pm
foodcoats wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:39 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:16 pm
I am however coming to conclude that it is simply unconscionable not to vote out ghug today.

I understood the first jester claim - he framed it as a joke, a joke I set up, and long ago I also made many such similar comments. Just in good fun, you see.

But then town had a very lengthy discussion on the merits of autovoting jester, and he came in and doubled down on the claim. Also understandable - he is in fact the jester, and just wants to fulfill his wincondition. Ez pz

But then he says... he doesn't want to be voted out? Later retracts his claim and says he hates the concept of hard claiming, and also that he faked his 2nd jester claim because he didn't want to get voted?

Call me simple, but town doesn't fake a role to avoid being voted out. You just bite the bullet while doing your best to organically shift the vote.

I mean yes, a PR might fake such a role, but let's be real here - if by voting out ghug we out PR he brought it upon himself.

...I think?

Also I don't know, Bob gives me towny vibes. But take all that I say with a grain of salt I am straight up delirous right now.

I think it I were to shoot for scum here it'd be darg or bozo? But again, I am a proponent for ghug.
This is a very good analysis of the ghug problem. I think you may have convinced me.

##VOTE ghug
Oh yeah, it has nothing to do with the fact you were scumreading me already?
Well, it helped. But now I'm more interested in how snowy is repeatedly arguing in bad faith.

snowy801

#370 Post by snowy801 » Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:07 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:55 pm
Now that I think of it, snowy, can you explain why your vote is on dargorygel currently?
I didn't like his original long post, nor his response to my questions. Both seemed forced, and used many words to say little.
foodcoats wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:03 pm
Just going through snowy's iso, the only scumread he has ever explained is HB, for lurking. He references Chaqa, bozo, and JBH as scum in one post, and darg and bozo in another, but he has not explained those in any way.

The hedge is real.

##VOTE snowy
pepehands

snowy801

#371 Post by snowy801 » Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:07 pm

##GM CALL

Is emc allowed to +1 posts in this thread? I feel like that shouldn't be allowed

Johnny Big Horse
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#372 Post by Johnny Big Horse » Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:12 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:04 pm
foodcoats wrote:
snowy801 wrote:

I've been so disappointed by rdrivera in the previous game that I'm afraid it might be coloring my view of him.

That being said, if I were to have to draw an inclination based on his 6 (6! what is he doing) posts, I liked his posts #2, 3 which talked about Bob's list saying "It was a joke.... what? It wasn't a joke?" and that rolled off pretty organically to me, though it's short enough and he's smart enough to fake that

JBH honestly is acting smega weird. It's hard to put a finger on it, but I've generally echoed the handful of sentiments that said something is off about our resident equine, and if I were to choose between the two it would be him.

That being said I'm not particularly sold on him.
Feel free to vote me Snowy. I am acting about as weird as I did the last half the last game, after I was shamed with my rash stupidity. Now, I recognize my stupidity. But if you think that is what Mafiosos do, then ... well, get rid of me.

@Chaqa, funny you should take my agreeance with you as a negative. Maybe if I called you all kinds of names you might feel more comfortable. I thought you made a good point. If that makes me the enemy of the town, damn, I think I am better off keeping my yap shut.

snowy801

#373 Post by snowy801 » Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:14 pm

Johnny Big Horse wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:12 pm
Feel free to vote me Snowy. I am acting about as weird as I did the last half the last game, after I was shamed with my rash stupidity. Now, I recognize my stupidity. But if you think that is what Mafiosos do, then ... well, get rid of me.

@Chaqa, funny you should take my agreeance with you as a negative. Maybe if I called you all kinds of names you might feel more comfortable. I thought you made a good point. If that makes me the enemy of the town, damn, I think I am better off keeping my yap shut.
The only "stupidity" in mafia is a failure to accept the possibility that you might in fact be stupid. As long as you're not pretending to have a cheat sheet, you really don't have to be so hard on yourself.

I assure you whatever ideas you have are on average not a significant departure in quality and accuracy as the average town member. Believe in yourself; nobody else will, as this is mafia.

Johnny Big Horse
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#374 Post by Johnny Big Horse » Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:15 pm

##VOTE Snowy

Why? Snowy is making dumb arguments, lots of them, and maybe they are to keep us blind mice silly.

snowy801

#375 Post by snowy801 » Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:17 pm

Johnny Big Horse wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:15 pm
##VOTE Snowy

Why? Snowy is making dumb arguments, lots of them, and maybe they are to keep us blind mice silly.
This is a feelsstrongman

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#376 Post by ghug » Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:18 pm

Can we not kill snowy?

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#377 Post by Chaqa » Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:18 pm

Johnny Big Horse wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:12 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:04 pm
foodcoats wrote:

I'm just confused because you seem to think my maxim has something to do with activity or posting level, when I indeed went out of my way to say that I wasn't sharing what the maxim was deliberately.

Did you even read my post?

You aren't agreeing with me because you're not even on the same page.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#378 Post by Chaqa » Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:19 pm

ghug wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:18 pm
Can we not kill snowy?
Agree. Snowy is my strongest townread after Vecna.

damo666

#379 Post by damo666 » Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:22 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:19 pm
ghug wrote:
Can we not kill snowy?
WHAT?

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#380 Post by Chaqa » Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:23 pm

damo666 wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:22 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:19 pm
ghug wrote:
Can we not kill snowy?
WHAT?
SQUAWK