Mini-Mafia Game - Interesting Facts Edition GAME THREAD [Hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Message
Author
bozotheclown
Posts: 8669
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:13 am
Karma: 1465

Re: Mini-Mafia Game - Interesting Facts Edition GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#681 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:32 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:27 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:25 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:17 pm
Fucked up my quotes that badly huh



I stand corrected, a switch from Bob to you would have required another vote to DK you.

If you were so sure Bob and ghug were town that you did not want to vote for them to save yourself, wouldn't a tie be better than DKing either one?
Well, one last answer wouldn't hurt. Why would I be sure? I can only work off what I know, and better to know. My primary concern was attempting to get a 4th wagon going, for all that I was wrong about darg
When you voted for Bob, you "noted your objection", which would indicate you thought it was mistake to DK him. Why not vote for ghug to tie the vote and possibly save them both?
Ignored. Will continue to ignore. Have a lovely day.
[/quote]

If I am wrong about you being scum, what do you think of your fan club (rdrivera and damo) who apparently will do whatever you say and do whatever it takes to save you?
1

bozotheclown
Posts: 8669
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:13 am
Karma: 1465

Re: Mini-Mafia Game - Interesting Facts Edition GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#682 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:41 pm

Maybe I am being defensive because they are voting for me, but the rdrivera and damo deference to snowy seems odd. Unless that is the scum team trying some new "opposite of bussing" strategy, rdrivera and damo trying to pocket snowy is the best argument that snowy might be town.
1

bozotheclown
Posts: 8669
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:13 am
Karma: 1465

Re: Mini-Mafia Game - Interesting Facts Edition GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#683 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:45 pm

Johnny Big Horse wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:40 pm
damo666 wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:25 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:55 pm
If Chaqa's a d1 busser he's also a d2 busser
That wouldn't be unlike Chaqa would it?
sorry, what is a busser? What is bussing?
what is pocketing?
Quoting a mafia website:

Bussing is the act of distancing yourself from your scum partners to the extent of causing their elimination (and hopefully playing a major role in convincing others that they are worthy to be eliminated). The term "bussing" comes from the phrase "to throw under the bus", which means sacrificing them to gain credibility. The 'bussee' is the player being thrown under the bus, and the 'busser' is the one doing it.

Pocketing refers to when a mafia-aligned player buddies up to a town-aligned player in the hopes that this will make said player view the mafia-aligned player favorably. Usually the mafia-aligned player will defend the town player in order to "pocket" them.
1

bozotheclown
Posts: 8669
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:13 am
Karma: 1465

Re: Mini-Mafia Game - Interesting Facts Edition GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#684 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:00 pm

On D1, from 45 minutes to 5 minutes before EOD, Bob, ghug, and snowy were tied at 3. ghug and snowy were not voting for each other, ghug was pushing for a Bob DK, and snowy was trying to start a new wagon. Since Bob was not online, it was probably inevitable that he would be the DK, and ghug and snowy seemed to not only be trying to protect themselves, but protect each other.
1

snowy801
Posts: 1705
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:47 am
Karma: 2073

Re: Mini-Mafia Game - Interesting Facts Edition GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#685 Post by snowy801 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:02 pm

In other news, I am moderately reconsidering my Vecna read. In retrospect, I don't particularly have any reason to town read him which is concerning.

bozo,
damo,
Johnny,
Vecna,
rdrivera

I re-read foodcoats but can't really see him as scum (if you are good on you)
Hamilton is probably town
low-med key think ghug is just jester who wants to play on (definitely emphasize)
think Chaqa is town, for some reason I can't really articulate

So uh, call it a buddier all you want but I actually like
rdrivera and what he had to say in the limited words he had to say it. I especially liked the Vecna ping and I think that sort of unique insight shows that he's thinking, even if he's sorta lurking

Johnny idk seems a bit soft if you ask me
bozo I talked a lot about though I'm not nearly as certain as I think perhaps I made myself sound

Honestly I kind of want to vote out damo most right now, given what he had to offer after coming in (nothing). Thoughts?
1

snowy801
Posts: 1705
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:47 am
Karma: 2073

Re: Mini-Mafia Game - Interesting Facts Edition GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#686 Post by snowy801 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:03 pm

Anyway I'm out for lunch.

Let's see some participation folks; what are you, on vacation?
1

foodcoats
Posts: 2902
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:34 pm
Karma: 1134

Re: Mini-Mafia Game - Interesting Facts Edition GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#687 Post by foodcoats » Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:06 pm

damo666 wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:42 pm
Snowy's RB claim has not been countered so I assume it's true which ties in with my strong townread from yesterday. I continue to townread food so assuming Bob's wagon wasn't scumless there is at least one scum in ghug and Bozo.

Of those off wagon I townread HamB and pretty much null on the rest.

So, my POE scumpool is ghug, Bozo, Chaqa, rdr, Vecna and JBH.

Interesting that both Bozo and ghug are currently voting Snowy possibly indicating they are not both scum.

rdr's vote on me looks mighty opportunistic.

As still no Jester claim I suspect ghug may be the Jester.

So ##vote Bozo
I'm catching up a bit here but if I have to pick between bozo and ghug, ghug looks far scummier. bozo is tunnelling but in reading his posts today I don't feel they look forced or strange. bozo is just stuck on one single point. I really don't imagine that scum!bozo would be so stuck; it's much more likely in my opinion it's an analytical point he thinks is really solid about snowy that has him locked in. I have been there as town many times.
1

foodcoats
Posts: 2902
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:34 pm
Karma: 1134

Re: Mini-Mafia Game - Interesting Facts Edition GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#688 Post by foodcoats » Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:07 pm

damo666 wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:53 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:49 pm
At this point I'd like to point out JBH's severe disengagement from this game, which I purport (hi Jamie) deviates significantly from last game

That being said the posts he did make doesn't really strike me as scummy

I really am having trouble stringing together three scum in this game. Maybe it is ghug idk
If ghug is scum then there is probably a day 1 busser (Chaqa springs to mind). ghug Chaqa JBH ?
It would certainly not be beyond Chaqa and ghug to aggressively bus each other and do some scum theatre as they have. ghug made a really good point about how strong Chaqa has come out here. The other game where Chaqa got D1'd it was because he was pretty limp and he was town. And in other games where he's come out strong, he's been scum.

Pretty reasonable that it might be ghug, Chaqa and one other.
1

foodcoats
Posts: 2902
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:34 pm
Karma: 1134

Re: Mini-Mafia Game - Interesting Facts Edition GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#689 Post by foodcoats » Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:10 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:55 pm
snowy scum read me D1 without giving any reason, as he did several other players while they were voting for him. This "discredit your voters" is a traditional scum tactic. snowy's D2 reason for scum reading me is that I am voting for my top scum suspect.
Although I think snowy is town, I think snowy is playing very scummy. And I think he is doing this intentionally. He drew the RB for it, I believe.

Maybe he's the Jester. That would explain his play, and also why he seemed ANGRY at the concept of a Jester.
1

snowy801
Posts: 1705
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:47 am
Karma: 2073

Re: Mini-Mafia Game - Interesting Facts Edition GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#690 Post by snowy801 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:10 pm

My train of thought on ghug:

Town earnestly offered an easy way out for jester (win)
Jester has yet to claim -> rejected said offer
Reasons for rejecting?
Option 1: Didn't trust offer, seems kind of unlikely, I think I would've
Option 2: Has a strong ego, thinks they can achieve win condition without resorting to cheesy d1 hard clams and considers it a challenge
Option 3: Just likes the game and wants to keep playing, even if it's not necessarily ideal (nothing says not hard claiming as jester is against wincon)

I think these characteristics well fit ghug, who thought claiming jester would not in fact get him voted off early, found out that it very well might and retracted.
1

damo666
Posts: 9765
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:04 am
Location: London
Karma: 2568

Re: Mini-Mafia Game - Interesting Facts Edition GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#691 Post by damo666 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:13 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:06 pm
damo666 wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:42 pm
Snowy's RB claim has not been countered so I assume it's true which ties in with my strong townread from yesterday. I continue to townread food so assuming Bob's wagon wasn't scumless there is at least one scum in ghug and Bozo.

Of those off wagon I townread HamB and pretty much null on the rest.

So, my POE scumpool is ghug, Bozo, Chaqa, rdr, Vecna and JBH.

Interesting that both Bozo and ghug are currently voting Snowy possibly indicating they are not both scum.

rdr's vote on me looks mighty opportunistic.

As still no Jester claim I suspect ghug may be the Jester.

So ##vote Bozo
I'm catching up a bit here but if I have to pick between bozo and ghug, ghug looks far scummier. bozo is tunnelling but in reading his posts today I don't feel they look forced or strange. bozo is just stuck on one single point. I really don't imagine that scum!bozo would be so stuck; it's much more likely in my opinion it's an analytical point he thinks is really solid about snowy that has him locked in. I have been there as town many times.
ghug & 1 of rdr/Chaqa & someone like JBH works.

I am willing to switch to ghug if he becomes a viable wagon.
1

foodcoats
Posts: 2902
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:34 pm
Karma: 1134

Re: Mini-Mafia Game - Interesting Facts Edition GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#692 Post by foodcoats » Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:14 pm

##VOTE ghug

Lots of mentions of ghug. Ghug converges to many points of possible scummery and/or jestery. I think pound for pound ghug is a good boat to send down the river today.
1

Vecna
Posts: 10430
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:43 am
Karma: 2924

Re: Mini-Mafia Game - Interesting Facts Edition GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#693 Post by Vecna » Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:20 pm

Johnny Big Horse wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:44 pm
For what it is worth:

I think HB is town for sure

most likely snowy and RDR are town.

I question Venka and Chaquito as being mafia. They are not stupid but they made stupid comments about me indicating me as a suspect mafioso.

Because I do not post a lot, that is good reason to look closely at me. My voting patterns, what I say... all good reasons. But because I act like I don't know the rules or the jargon... no... that is silly. They are smarter than that. This makes me think they are pointing fingers in all directions to confuse the town.

IN case spelling matters... ##VOTE Vecna (Venka to me)
You were already voting me mr jester
1

snowy801
Posts: 1705
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:47 am
Karma: 2073

Re: Mini-Mafia Game - Interesting Facts Edition GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#694 Post by snowy801 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:22 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:14 pm
##VOTE ghug

Lots of mentions of ghug. Ghug converges to many points of possible scummery and/or jestery. I think pound for pound ghug is a good boat to send down the river today.
How do you feel about Vecna parking on you? Do you think it's coming from a good place? or just an easy way to drop an off-wagon that can be used to consolidate later? Or something else?
1

foodcoats
Posts: 2902
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:34 pm
Karma: 1134

Re: Mini-Mafia Game - Interesting Facts Edition GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#695 Post by foodcoats » Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:22 pm

Keeping in mind my POE that snowy's RB claim is probably true and JBH's townslips are also probably true, when looking at the EOD1 votes, I end up feeling like there must be at least one scum among the three voters on ghug and the one voter on darg. Just a hunch. The alternative is that JBH is scum or that ghug, bozo and damo is the scum team.

... ghug, bozo and damo might be the scum team, though. LOL shit

BobMcBob (6)
ghug dargorygel damo666 foodcoats snowy801 bozotheclown

ghug (3)
Chaqa Hamilton Brian rdrivera2005

dargorygel (1)
Vecna

damo666 (1)
BobMcBob

snowy801 (1)
Johnny Big Horse
1

Vecna
Posts: 10430
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:43 am
Karma: 2924

Re: Mini-Mafia Game - Interesting Facts Edition GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#696 Post by Vecna » Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:24 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:07 pm
I'm kinda thinking this might be a very seasoned scumteam.

RDR
Damo
Ghug
Vecna

top candidates

with maybe a Hamilton or Johnny in there
Chaqa wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:07 pm
Snowy seems town to me. Vecna probably not one of the scum.

Ghug could be jester.

So... RDR, Damo, maybe Bozo today.
im thoroughly confused
1

damo666
Posts: 9765
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:04 am
Location: London
Karma: 2568

Re: Mini-Mafia Game - Interesting Facts Edition GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#697 Post by damo666 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:24 pm

I think either ghug or snowy is Jester.

I agree with food, ghug is the best dk today. If ghug flips scum then Snowy tomorrow (his RB claim consistent with Jester), if ghug flips Jester then Bozo tomorrow, if ghug flips town the I'm not sure lol.

##vote ghug
1

foodcoats
Posts: 2902
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:34 pm
Karma: 1134

Re: Mini-Mafia Game - Interesting Facts Edition GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#698 Post by foodcoats » Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:25 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:22 pm
foodcoats wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:14 pm
##VOTE ghug

Lots of mentions of ghug. Ghug converges to many points of possible scummery and/or jestery. I think pound for pound ghug is a good boat to send down the river today.
How do you feel about Vecna parking on you? Do you think it's coming from a good place? or just an easy way to drop an off-wagon that can be used to consolidate later? Or something else?
Good question. He doesn't seem terribly convinced that I am scum, or that anyone else will believe I am scum, either. I think the act of saying... "I want to interrogate... this person!" is inherently townie, so that gives Vecna town points. I think the parking can be done from either alignment... town!Vecna may not have found a new person he wants to vote yet. scum!Vecna might be having trouble moving around because the game feels really townie in general and he doesn't want to give away anything.

Honestly Vecna could be scum here, but he might not be. I said earlier that he wasn't NK'd and that might be suspicious but there's also a Doctor in play, so NKing darg made sense.

So for me Vecna is full on null. He feels townie in his posts but Vecna is obviously good enough to look townie as scum. If there wasn't a great respect for Vecna he might become a wagon. I think if Vecna is scum we won't catch him first, we have to get a partner and find the links. Such is the nature of reputation in the webDip Mafia meta.
1

foodcoats
Posts: 2902
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:34 pm
Karma: 1134

Re: Mini-Mafia Game - Interesting Facts Edition GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#699 Post by foodcoats » Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:27 pm

damo666 wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:13 pm
foodcoats wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:06 pm
damo666 wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:42 pm
Snowy's RB claim has not been countered so I assume it's true which ties in with my strong townread from yesterday. I continue to townread food so assuming Bob's wagon wasn't scumless there is at least one scum in ghug and Bozo.

Of those off wagon I townread HamB and pretty much null on the rest.

So, my POE scumpool is ghug, Bozo, Chaqa, rdr, Vecna and JBH.

Interesting that both Bozo and ghug are currently voting Snowy possibly indicating they are not both scum.

rdr's vote on me looks mighty opportunistic.

As still no Jester claim I suspect ghug may be the Jester.

So ##vote Bozo
I'm catching up a bit here but if I have to pick between bozo and ghug, ghug looks far scummier. bozo is tunnelling but in reading his posts today I don't feel they look forced or strange. bozo is just stuck on one single point. I really don't imagine that scum!bozo would be so stuck; it's much more likely in my opinion it's an analytical point he thinks is really solid about snowy that has him locked in. I have been there as town many times.
ghug & 1 of rdr/Chaqa & someone like JBH works.

I am willing to switch to ghug if he becomes a viable wagon.
What do you think of rdr following snowy today, and how he has explained why he is sheeping/aligning with snowy so tightly?
1

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 10459
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm
Location: Seattle
Karma: 3156

Re: Mini-Mafia Game - Interesting Facts Edition GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#700 Post by ghug » Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:31 pm

Vecna wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:05 am
snowy801 wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:41 am
I'd like to declare this entire development sequence highly sus
Hey, if youre right on Damo, some people do need to get on that public transport ;)
Look at this European motherfucker with his "public transport".
1

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Vecna and 9 guests