Mini-Mafia Game - Interesting Facts Edition GAME THREAD [Hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Message
Author
snowy801
Posts: 1705
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:47 am
Karma: 2073

Re: Mini-Mafia Game - Interesting Facts Edition GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#661 Post by snowy801 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:28 pm

I was going to comment on my current wagon thoughts but I decided to save it for a bit

Remind me 3-4 hours
1

Johnny Big Horse
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 272
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:36 am
Karma: 320

Re: Mini-Mafia Game - Interesting Facts Edition GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#662 Post by Johnny Big Horse » Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:40 pm

damo666 wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:25 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:55 pm
If Chaqa's a d1 busser he's also a d2 busser
That wouldn't be unlike Chaqa would it?
sorry, what is a busser? What is bussing?
what is pocketing?
1

snowy801
Posts: 1705
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:47 am
Karma: 2073

Re: Mini-Mafia Game - Interesting Facts Edition GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#663 Post by snowy801 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:44 pm

A bus originates from the phrase "throw under the bus" and indicates a mafia member actively scum reading / voting a fellow mafia member to make themselves appear townier (presumably)

A pocket originates probably from the phrase "have them in their pocket" and indicates a mafia member trying to convince a town member that they are town, and that they should follow the mafia member's lead

[weird website but here's a link]
https://sc2mafia.fandom.com/wiki/Forum_ ... erminology
2

Johnny Big Horse
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 272
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:36 am
Karma: 320

Re: Mini-Mafia Game - Interesting Facts Edition GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#664 Post by Johnny Big Horse » Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:44 pm

For what it is worth:

I think HB is town for sure

most likely snowy and RDR are town.

I question Venka and Chaquito as being mafia. They are not stupid but they made stupid comments about me indicating me as a suspect mafioso.

Because I do not post a lot, that is good reason to look closely at me. My voting patterns, what I say... all good reasons. But because I act like I don't know the rules or the jargon... no... that is silly. They are smarter than that. This makes me think they are pointing fingers in all directions to confuse the town.

IN case spelling matters... ##VOTE Vecna (Venka to me)
2

snowy801
Posts: 1705
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:47 am
Karma: 2073

Re: Mini-Mafia Game - Interesting Facts Edition GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#665 Post by snowy801 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:46 pm

Johnny Big Horse wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:44 pm
I question Venka and Chaquito as being mafia. They are not stupid but they made stupid comments about me indicating me as a suspect mafioso.
Where would you say Vecna and Chaqa specifically pointed you out as being suspicious?
1

bozotheclown
Posts: 8669
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:13 am
Karma: 1465

Re: Mini-Mafia Game - Interesting Facts Edition GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#666 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:47 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:38 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:20 pm
If you look at like 14/15 of his most recent posts he talks about me

And he's still harping on the Bob vote and my lack of response, which tells me he's not really trying to understand the game, only trying to pass an agenda

I just think it's so obvious to the point I'm starting to think it's too obvious, but that's no reason to *not* scumread someone I don't think
Like I guess to expand on this since we're nearing EoD and actually start convincing people

It's easy to gain a reputation as a "tunneler" and just dig into someone as scum right or wrong, because later you can just be like "oops I was wrong"

The distinguishing factor then in someone tunneling as town or as scum is that a town player recognizes that there are still 3 scum left and have to question himself who the other people are.

The few tertiary people bozo mentions are as follows:

"I think JBH and probably HB are town" - sentiments already near universally accepted
"I think Vecna might be trying to pocket me" - someone else (ghug?) mentioned this first
"I think rdrivera might be trying to pocket snowy, in which case snowy is town" - also ghug first, complete lack of independent thought demonstrated
"Maybe you saved ghug" - yeah ok buddy bozo

He claims that my comment of him attacking me literally all d1 is disingenuous, but I challenge you to find a single comment of his scum reading anyone else

He claims I voted bob to save myself, but I did not require saving, which is apparently obvious to literally everyone but him, as well as my motives for switching. Honestly originally I didn't explain myself because I wanted to see where he took it, but at this point I'm just insulted (and, I suspect, him as well - I suspect he is doing some weird dumbtell ploy)

Look I could be wrong but I'm often right about these things
Can you point out a single comment where I "attacked" you D1? I did not have any scum reads D1 (until EOD), I said I was OK with you as a DK for claiming VT.
1

bozotheclown
Posts: 8669
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:13 am
Karma: 1465

Re: Mini-Mafia Game - Interesting Facts Edition GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#667 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:55 pm

snowy scum read me D1 without giving any reason, as he did several other players while they were voting for him. This "discredit your voters" is a traditional scum tactic. snowy's D2 reason for scum reading me is that I am voting for my top scum suspect.
1

snowy801
Posts: 1705
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:47 am
Karma: 2073

Re: Mini-Mafia Game - Interesting Facts Edition GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#668 Post by snowy801 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:55 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:47 pm
Can you point out a single comment where I "attacked" you D1? I did not have any scum reads D1 (until EOD), I said I was OK with you as a DK for claiming VT.
You just did. Alignment aside, I tire of speaking with you. You do not argue in good faith. All your questions can be answered by taking half a second to pay attention to the game, which again you are not, or you are pretending you are not.

I ask you in turn: can you point out a single comment you made in D1 that was material in even the most remotely plausible sense that didn't have to do with me? Day 1 you have 0 town reads. You have 1 scum read, which you now deny is a scum read, so make that 0 scum reads.

Even now you're getting at these weird "gotcha" moments on me as if you think it's even remotely convincing to anybody. I don't believe that you think your "oh boo he never answered me about Bob" or "he's being disingenuous about my d1 play!" statements are in any way anchored in reality, which makes be firmly believe you are pretending to be a moron in such a way that you can wave away your obnoxious tunneling in later turns when I flip, because I suspect that you believe it would actually be easier that way than being hedgy about it.

You're not playing the game. That makes you believe you're mafia; rather, it makes me have to believe you're mafia, as to think otherwise would be horrendously patronizing and I do not want to go to "not playing mafia 'correctly'" territory so early.
1

bozotheclown
Posts: 8669
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:13 am
Karma: 1465

Re: Mini-Mafia Game - Interesting Facts Edition GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#669 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:00 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:43 pm
I have a quick meeting to attend to, which may or may not prevent me from moving votes (I mean tbh I'll probably pretend bathroom just to be able to)

I decline to move to ghug or Bob on account of town reading them. I am inclined to flash vote any of darg > JBH > rdrivera > damo > bozo in that order.

Good luck commanders
snowy801 wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:56 pm
##vote JBH

I guess

Better to die on my own bed
snowy801 wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:58 pm
Alas Bob, we hardly knew ye

##vote Bob to avoid quick draws, but I will note my objection
Why did you vote for Bob after you had repeatedly made it a point not to vote for him because you town read him? When you said you were trying to "avoid quick draws" what did you mean? When you voted, the vote was 4-3, so any change from Bob to you would have resulted in your DK, yet you claim you did not need saving. If you were not avoiding your DK with a "quick draw", what were you trying to avoid?
1

snowy801
Posts: 1705
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:47 am
Karma: 2073

Re: Mini-Mafia Game - Interesting Facts Edition GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#670 Post by snowy801 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:02 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:00 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:43 pm
I have a quick meeting to attend to, which may or may not prevent me from moving votes (I mean tbh I'll probably pretend bathroom just to be able to)

I decline to move to ghug or Bob on account of town reading them. I am inclined to flash vote any of darg > JBH > rdrivera > damo > bozo in that order.

Good luck commanders
snowy801 wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:56 pm
##vote JBH

I guess

Better to die on my own bed
snowy801 wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:58 pm
Alas Bob, we hardly knew ye

##vote Bob to avoid quick draws, but I will note my objection
Why did you vote for Bob after you had repeatedly made it a point not to vote for him because you town read him? When you said you were trying to "avoid quick draws" what did you mean? When you voted, the vote was 4-3, so any change from Bob to you would have resulted in your DK, yet you claim you did not need saving. If you were not avoiding your DK with a "quick draw", what were you trying to avoid?
Even now you lie, or pretend to lie. It cannot be true that you do not realize that the vote was 4 Bob, 3 ghug and 2 snowy at this moment. What, are you claiming to have brain damage?

I was preventing a Bob-ghug tie. Now that I finally answered your question, what will you do now?
1

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 6957
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:33 pm
Location: Allentown, PA, USA
Karma: 3108

Re: Mini-Mafia Game - Interesting Facts Edition GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#671 Post by Chaqa » Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:06 pm

##Vote rdr

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 6957
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:33 pm
Location: Allentown, PA, USA
Karma: 3108

Re: Mini-Mafia Game - Interesting Facts Edition GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#672 Post by Chaqa » Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:07 pm

I'm kinda thinking this might be a very seasoned scumteam.

RDR
Damo
Ghug
Vecna

top candidates

with maybe a Hamilton or Johnny in there

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 6957
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:33 pm
Location: Allentown, PA, USA
Karma: 3108

Re: Mini-Mafia Game - Interesting Facts Edition GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#673 Post by Chaqa » Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:07 pm

Snowy seems town to me. Vecna probably not one of the scum.

Ghug could be jester.

So... RDR, Damo, maybe Bozo today.

bozotheclown
Posts: 8669
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:13 am
Karma: 1465

Re: Mini-Mafia Game - Interesting Facts Edition GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#674 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:09 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:55 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:47 pm
Can you point out a single comment where I "attacked" you D1? I did not have any scum reads D1 (until EOD), I said I was OK with you as a DK for claiming VT.
You just did. Alignment aside, I tire of speaking with you. You do not argue in good faith. All your questions can be answered by taking half a second to pay attention to the game, which again you are not, or you are pretending you are not.

I ask you in turn: can you point out a single comment you made in D1 that was material in even the most remotely plausible sense that didn't have to do with me? Day 1 you have 0 town reads. You have 1 scum read, which you now deny is a scum read, so make that 0 scum reads.

Even now you're getting at these weird "gotcha" moments on me as if you think it's even remotely convincing to anybody. I don't believe that you think your "oh boo he never answered me about Bob" or "he's being disingenuous about my d1 play!" statements are in any way anchored in reality, which makes be firmly believe you are pretending to be a moron in such a way that you can wave away your obnoxious tunneling in later turns when I flip, because I suspect that you believe it would actually be easier that way than being hedgy about it.

You're not playing the game. That makes you believe you're mafia; rather, it makes me have to believe you're mafia, as to think otherwise would be horrendously patronizing and I do not want to go to "not playing mafia 'correctly'" territory so early.
I do not think that was an attack, and even if you do, that does not equate to "attacking you all day".

I pay attention to what is happening D1, I don't announce town and scum reads when I really don't have any real opinion based on the little information available.

Criticizing me and claiming I am tunneling you when we are not even through D2 seem like more scum tactics to me.
1

bozotheclown
Posts: 8669
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:13 am
Karma: 1465

Re: Mini-Mafia Game - Interesting Facts Edition GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#675 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:14 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:02 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:00 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:43 pm
I have a quick meeting to attend to, which may or may not prevent me from moving votes (I mean tbh I'll probably pretend bathroom just to be able to)

I decline to move to ghug or Bob on account of town reading them. I am inclined to flash vote any of darg > JBH > rdrivera > damo > bozo in that order.

Good luck commanders
snowy801 wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:56 pm
##vote JBH

I guess

Better to die on my own bed
snowy801 wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:58 pm
Alas Bob, we hardly knew ye

##vote Bob to avoid quick draws, but I will note my objection
Why did you vote for Bob after you had repeatedly made it a point not to vote for him because you town read him? When you said you were trying to "avoid quick draws" what did you mean? When you voted, the vote was 4-3, so any change from Bob to you would have resulted in your DK, yet you claim you did not need saving. If you were not avoiding your DK with a "quick draw", what were you trying to avoid?
Even now you lie, or pretend to lie. It cannot be true that you do not realize that the vote was 4 Bob, 3 ghug and 2 snowy at this moment. What, are you claiming to have brain damage?

I was preventing a Bob-ghug tie. Now that I finally answered your question, what will you do now?
I stand corrected, a switch from Bob to you would have required another vote to DK you.

If you were so sure Bob and ghug were town that you did not want to vote for them to save yourself, wouldn't a tie be better than DKing either one?
1

snowy801
Posts: 1705
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:47 am
Karma: 2073

Re: Mini-Mafia Game - Interesting Facts Edition GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#676 Post by snowy801 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:15 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:09 pm
I do not think that was an attack, and even if you do, that does not equate to "attacking you all day".

I pay attention to what is happening D1, I don't announce town and scum reads when I really don't have any real opinion based on the little information available.

Criticizing me and claiming I am tunneling you when we are not even through D2 seem like more scum tactics to me.
[/quote]

Disingenuity. I am not the only one who marked you as a tunneler: off the top of my head ghug and Vecna also said it. You did not attempt to reject this premise earlier, you are just looking for excuses to continue scum reading me.

Try talking about someone else; I will now proceed to ignore you until end of day, as I suspect you are deliberately derailing the conversation, and this train of thought has reached its conclusion.
1

snowy801
Posts: 1705
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:47 am
Karma: 2073

Re: Mini-Mafia Game - Interesting Facts Edition GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#677 Post by snowy801 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:17 pm

Fucked up my quotes that badly huh
bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:14 pm
I stand corrected, a switch from Bob to you would have required another vote to DK you.

If you were so sure Bob and ghug were town that you did not want to vote for them to save yourself, wouldn't a tie be better than DKing either one?
[/quote]

Well, one last answer wouldn't hurt. Why would I be sure? I can only work off what I know, and better to know. My primary concern was attempting to get a 4th wagon going, for all that I was wrong about darg
1

snowy801
Posts: 1705
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:47 am
Karma: 2073

Re: Mini-Mafia Game - Interesting Facts Edition GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#678 Post by snowy801 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:17 pm

Quote machine broke beep boop
1

bozotheclown
Posts: 8669
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:13 am
Karma: 1465

Re: Mini-Mafia Game - Interesting Facts Edition GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#679 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:25 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:17 pm
Fucked up my quotes that badly huh
bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:14 pm
I stand corrected, a switch from Bob to you would have required another vote to DK you.

If you were so sure Bob and ghug were town that you did not want to vote for them to save yourself, wouldn't a tie be better than DKing either one?
Well, one last answer wouldn't hurt. Why would I be sure? I can only work off what I know, and better to know. My primary concern was attempting to get a 4th wagon going, for all that I was wrong about darg
[/quote]

When you voted for Bob, you "noted your objection", which would indicate you thought it was mistake to DK him. Why not vote for ghug to tie the vote and possibly save them both?
2

snowy801
Posts: 1705
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:47 am
Karma: 2073

Re: Mini-Mafia Game - Interesting Facts Edition GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#680 Post by snowy801 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:27 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:25 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:17 pm
Fucked up my quotes that badly huh
bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:14 pm
I stand corrected, a switch from Bob to you would have required another vote to DK you.

If you were so sure Bob and ghug were town that you did not want to vote for them to save yourself, wouldn't a tie be better than DKing either one?
Well, one last answer wouldn't hurt. Why would I be sure? I can only work off what I know, and better to know. My primary concern was attempting to get a 4th wagon going, for all that I was wrong about darg
When you voted for Bob, you "noted your objection", which would indicate you thought it was mistake to DK him. Why not vote for ghug to tie the vote and possibly save them both?
[/quote]

Ignored. Will continue to ignore. Have a lovely day.
1

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 7 guests