Mini-Mafia Game - Interesting Facts Edition GAME THREAD [Hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

Re: Mini-Mafia Game - Interesting Facts Edition GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#321 Post by Hamilton Brian » Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:38 pm

I see now where jester can still win if mafia win. Someone mentioned jester or mafia cutting a deal with one another.

Never mind, I see how it can happen.

I think there's some issues around Bob, for sure. Probably Johnny as well. Not anyting solild, just plain old gut.

I'd be inclined to ##Vote ghug

foodcoats

#322 Post by foodcoats » Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:43 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:38 pm
I see now where jester can still win if mafia win. Someone mentioned jester or mafia cutting a deal with one another.

Never mind, I see how it can happen.

I think there's some issues around Bob, for sure. Probably Johnny as well. Not anyting solild, just plain old gut.

I'd be inclined to ##Vote ghug
Does this all come down to, you are hard reading Jester!ghug? What makes you think that ghug is Jester, given he walked back his claim?

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#323 Post by dargorygel » Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:44 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:54 am
dargorygel wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:48 am
Three things I hate… First, voting on the basis of someone “being present’ but not posting. Or ANY time of RL drippage into the game. It feels like scum looking for an easy catch, to me. Or maybe not an EASY catch, but something non committal that looks like you ‘caught’ something.

Second, doing things like continuing to bring up a conversation thread while saying that we should NOT bring up that conversation thread. i.e. Jester play styles.

Third, acting like it is Day 4 when it is Day 1. There is a world of difference between saying, ‘that looks odd.’ And “HOKEY SCHMETE THEY ARE CLEARLY SCUM” after one or two posts. Maybe it is pressure? But I think it is optimistic foolish setting oneself up as a hero already.

I warned before the game that these first days I won’t be present. And we have no joke phase. This is like half way through our usual Day 1.

So here are my thoughts so far. snowy seemed at first, light and quirky. When I joke voted him he OMGUSed. I don’t remember snowy doing that. Is it AI? I dunno… but I don’t like his reaction, or his jester conversation.

HB is acting like someone busy in RL trying to play this game.

BOZO is back! I am not sure I followed his math. But I usually don’t.

Foodcoats seems like he wants to argue. I disagree with snowy that foody is being simply negative. He’s prying and seeking reaction. I hope he gets some.

Not a lot to read, yet. Tomorrow is another day.
I am confused by most of this post. I request more specific information.

1. Who would you say is voting on the basis of someone being present but not posting?
I think it was your comments about HB. You promised to come back later and condemn him
2. What is the context of the jester play style comment? Was there an earlier agreement pre-game to not discuss jester play styles in the sign up thread? If so, who do you perceive to be violating this?
no earlier agreement. When I posted it seemed that you had said not to talk about the jester. Then you did... Repeatedly.
3. Who would you say is acting like it is day 4 when it is day 1, and what comments make you think that?
this comment came from my general criticism if our (mine. Too) of being too strong in our convictions on day 1. There have been a lot. Like Bozo's theory very early that I was bussing you
4. What particular comment(s) makes you perceive that HB seems like he is busy and trying to make time to play?
It was not something he wrote in game... Not was my knowledge of his claim to be busy. I suppose that is shading my read of him
An interesting post overall.
Sorry for the formating...

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#324 Post by Chaqa » Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:48 pm

Okay, here's where I'm at based on reads alone, which were all explained in the string of quote-replied I just got finished writing up:

Town
Snowy
Vecna
Hamilton

Scum
Bob
ghug

Null
Bozo (lean town)
Damo (lean town)
Dargo
Food
Johnny
Rivera

Earlier I posted this:
Chaqa wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:25 am
I believe there to be at least 2 scum in the group:

Johnny
Hamilton
Vecna
Dargo

I will explain why later in the day phase.
This was based off two things:
1. A maxim for catching scum I've been developing, which I am not going to share (I did tell Eden about it awhile ago, so I'm sure he'll blab at some point in a future game, but I can use it for this one at least).
2. A gut read on Dargo at the time (separate from the maxim), which I no longer maintain

Upon updating for the current situation, I think I will remove Hamilton and Vecna from my likely scum list based on the maxim, and add Food and Rivera* and which brings me down to:

Bob
Ghug
Rivera
---------------
Johnny
Food

I believe there is a very high likelihood of finding scum in that group.

*Rivera was part of the maxim as well, though I left him out before because he hadn't posted as much yet and I was waiting to see what he would do.

damo666

#325 Post by damo666 » Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:48 pm

@darg why are you voting Snowy?

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#326 Post by dargorygel » Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:49 pm

Liking snowy's posts more today. He seems to be enjoying discussion, and is flexible.

Bob is not impressing me. He feels nervous and is reading lightly. Things about humor and the jester seem our if his focus to me that feels like scum on.

So ##vote bobmcbob

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#327 Post by Chaqa » Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:49 pm

I still think the best thing for today would be for the Jester to claim and let us flip them, so that they get an immediate win and the mafia loses a potential partner.

This way we don't lose a town on Day 1.

While still limiting the field of cop scans and doc saves.

While also guaranteeing us one extra full day phase.

Thanks for coming to my TED Talk.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#328 Post by dargorygel » Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:50 pm

damo666 wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:48 pm
@darg why are you voting Snowy?
He felt off. 😜

I voted him last evening because he felt obtuse on a couple of points

damo666

#329 Post by damo666 » Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:50 pm

Well done darg.
##vote Bob

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#330 Post by dargorygel » Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:51 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:49 pm
I still think the best thing for today would be for the Jester to claim and let us flip them, so that they get an immediate win and the mafia loses a potential partner.

This way we don't lose a town on Day 1.

While still limiting the field of cop scans and doc saves.

While also guaranteeing us one extra full day phase.

Thanks for coming to my TED Talk.
I agree. Nice talk

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#331 Post by rdrivera2005 » Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:52 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:37 pm
foodcoats wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:23 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:14 am
Hello fine town people and some evil bastards.

Tried to catch up last night but fall asleep at page 4 ( one of the side effects of waking up at 06:30 to drive daughter to school). Will catch up now.
I don't think rdr ever caught up. We should help him.

##VOTE rdrivera
With respect to my vote on rdr, what does everyone of policy killing him or someone else for lurking?

We know that in the last three games, at least one scum lurked ('68 emc, '67 Vecna [and by lurked I mean did the parrot thing], '66 Macca). I don't think it would be crazy to assume that one of rdr, JBH, or darg is scum.
I am in favour of policy killing lurkers, but I think we have different concepts about lurking. I think lurking is what Emc did last game and not what me or Dargo are doing this game. If you want to policy kill low-posters, fine, go ahead.

This said, I don't get scummy vibes from either Bob or Snowy, so I will ##vote Ghug

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#332 Post by dargorygel » Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:53 pm

I'll try to be on closer to did... And will switch to the jester if they claim. I'm sad it's not ghug. Or Ghug.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#333 Post by dargorygel » Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:56 pm

Not sure if someone has already made this point, but hitting jester today protects or PRs.

damo666

#334 Post by damo666 » Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:56 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:52 pm
foodcoats wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:37 pm
foodcoats wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:23 pm

I don't think rdr ever caught up. We should help him.

##VOTE rdrivera
With respect to my vote on rdr, what does everyone of policy killing him or someone else for lurking?

We know that in the last three games, at least one scum lurked ('68 emc, '67 Vecna [and by lurked I mean did the parrot thing], '66 Macca). I don't think it would be crazy to assume that one of rdr, JBH, or darg is scum.
I am in favour of policy killing lurkers, but I think we have different concepts about lurking. I think lurking is what Emc did last game and not what me or Dargo are doing this game. If you want to policy kill low-posters, fine, go ahead.

This said, I don't get scummy vibes from either Bob or Snowy, so I will ##vote Ghug
This smacks of saving Bob to me.

Rdr and Bob my leading scuspects.

bozotheclown

#335 Post by bozotheclown » Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:57 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:28 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:59 pm
Vecna wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:30 am

Killing jester day1 might actually be not such a terrible side effect. Eliminate that pesky wifom "oh he's not actually scum, he just wanna die" train of logic thats undoubtedly to follow. And give the pr's gamesolve time.
I agree we should not worry about the jester. Although, it would be better for town if the mafia wasted a NK on him.
Mechanical analysis king Bozo would recognize there's no world where jester gets night-killed. The only way Jester loses is by being night killed, basically, and any competent Jester would out themselves and make a deal with mafia or town.

Bozo gets scum points for wanting the jester alive later
I don't know why you think the jester could not get NKed if he stays hidden. I agree the mafia would like to avoid NKing him, but they do not know the identity of the jester. Are you certain the jester is going to reveal himself before the end of N1?

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#336 Post by dargorygel » Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:58 pm

Rdrivera might have been protector of Bob right there... Note to future selves.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#337 Post by dargorygel » Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:59 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:56 pm
Not sure if someone has already made this point, but hitting jester today protects or PRs.
*Our

damo666

#338 Post by damo666 » Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:59 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:56 pm
I don't understand why the Jester just doesn't claim. The lack of a claim increases the suspicion ghug actually is the Jester who is bit disappointed at drawing the role because you don't get to play much. I'm right aren't I ghug?

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#339 Post by Chaqa » Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:00 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:57 pm
Chaqa wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:

I agree we should not worry about the jester. Although, it would be better for town if the mafia wasted a NK on him.
Mechanical analysis king Bozo would recognize there's no world where jester gets night-killed. The only way Jester loses is by being night killed, basically, and any competent Jester would out themselves and make a deal with mafia or town.

I don't know why you think the jester could not get NKed if he stays hidden. I agree the mafia would like to avoid NKing him, but they do not know the identity of the jester. Are you certain the jester is going to reveal himself before the end of N1?
Any Jester worth their salt would claim at end of day 1 so that mafia wouldn't kill them. Mafia does not want to kill the Jester, and Jester does not want to get killed.

damo666

#340 Post by damo666 » Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:00 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:57 pm
Chaqa wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:

It would have to be by EOD. No nightspeak.