Mini-Mafia Game - Interesting Facts Edition GAME THREAD [Hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Message
Author
rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 5469
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:17 pm
Location: Porto Alegre, Brasil
Karma: 1071

Re: Mini-Mafia Game - Interesting Facts Edition GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#161 Post by rdrivera2005 » Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:24 am

Vecna wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:00 am
BobMcBob wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:24 am
jbh seems fun
dargo has been fine
chaqa is a bit eh, but i dont mind him
damo entry is very damo, but the lack of math is slightly disturbing
rdr is towncore
worcej probably scum
Purposefully posting a readslist that checks the box of every stereotype.

He knows he gonna get scumread for this. Jester-charts are peaking.
I think it was a joke. Reading the GM as scum and a no-poster as towncore points to a joke....
2

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 5469
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:17 pm
Location: Porto Alegre, Brasil
Karma: 1071

Re: Mini-Mafia Game - Interesting Facts Edition GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#162 Post by rdrivera2005 » Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:26 am

BobMcBob wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:08 am
Vecna wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:00 am
BobMcBob wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:24 am
jbh seems fun
dargo has been fine
chaqa is a bit eh, but i dont mind him
damo entry is very damo, but the lack of math is slightly disturbing
rdr is towncore
worcej probably scum
Purposefully posting a readslist that checks the box of every stereotype.

He knows he gonna get scumread for this. Jester-charts are peaking.
readslists of questionable quality are a mainstay of my play
snapreads perhaps less so, but regardless

interesting fact: i got quite a bit of heat d1 for a not very good readslist in champs
It wasn't a joke? You can't be serious.
2

BobMcBob
Posts: 2427
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:28 am
Location: Also Not Austalia
Karma: 1089

Re: Mini-Mafia Game - Interesting Facts Edition GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#163 Post by BobMcBob » Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:29 am

snowy801 wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:14 am
BobMcBob wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:12 am
Vecna wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:09 am


Have I ever screamed scum? How do you plan to sort me?
tomorrow? its a relatively common tactic to leave you and bozo for later if memory serves
Do you understand the principles of this tactic, and agree with it? How would you say the alleged relative commonness of this tactic influence your decisions today?
the fact that it is common influences me less than the fact that it is just generally good
and yes i understand why its a thing
2

BobMcBob
Posts: 2427
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:28 am
Location: Also Not Austalia
Karma: 1089

Re: Mini-Mafia Game - Interesting Facts Edition GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#164 Post by BobMcBob » Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:31 am

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:26 am
BobMcBob wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:08 am
Vecna wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:00 am


Purposefully posting a readslist that checks the box of every stereotype.

He knows he gonna get scumread for this. Jester-charts are peaking.
readslists of questionable quality are a mainstay of my play
snapreads perhaps less so, but regardless

interesting fact: i got quite a bit of heat d1 for a not very good readslist in champs
It wasn't a joke? You can't be serious.
oh it was mostly a joke, especially those last two
i just wanted to fill out the list at the end there
2

snowy801
Posts: 1407
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:47 am
Karma: 1469

Re: Mini-Mafia Game - Interesting Facts Edition GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#165 Post by snowy801 » Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:33 am

BobMcBob wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:29 am
snowy801 wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:14 am
BobMcBob wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:12 am


tomorrow? its a relatively common tactic to leave you and bozo for later if memory serves
Do you understand the principles of this tactic, and agree with it? How would you say the alleged relative commonness of this tactic influence your decisions today?
the fact that it is common influences me less than the fact that it is just generally good
and yes i understand why its a thing
For those of us who have been away for years, why is it a thing, and what makes it good?
2

damo666
Posts: 9627
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:04 am
Location: London
Karma: 2295

Re: Mini-Mafia Game - Interesting Facts Edition GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#166 Post by damo666 » Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:42 am

foodcoats wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:56 am
damo666 wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:45 am
It is anti-town to claim VT.

Snowy must know this.

Snowy claimed VT.

Therefore Snowy wants to appear anti-town.

Therefore Snowy wants to attract votes.

Therefore Snowy is the Jester.
I have also found snowy to be a bit “off.” Bob also mentioned this. In the previous game and GT snowy seemed very acute and invested. So far here snowy has avoided directly answering questions, gone off on tangents and also taken a bit of an aggressive and demeaning attitude. It does seem that snowy wants to be DK’d.

If snowy was the Jester, do you think this is how he would play? How do you think he’d play as scum with a Jester in play?
Yes.
Not like he is.
2

damo666
Posts: 9627
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:04 am
Location: London
Karma: 2295

Re: Mini-Mafia Game - Interesting Facts Edition GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#167 Post by damo666 » Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:44 am

Vecna wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:57 am
damo666 wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:45 am
It is anti-town to claim VT.

Snowy must know this.

Snowy claimed VT.

Therefore Snowy wants to appear anti-town.

Therefore Snowy wants to attract votes.

Therefore Snowy is the Jester.
And he just happened to follow it up with a shitton of town-talk?

It appears very unlikely he gonna get it, so itd be pretty poor strategy.

Seems like a decent case of town, or proper scum-play.

Really dont see any (proper) argument for jester.
Doubt he's scum. Either jester or town.
2

BobMcBob
Posts: 2427
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:28 am
Location: Also Not Austalia
Karma: 1089

Re: Mini-Mafia Game - Interesting Facts Edition GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#168 Post by BobMcBob » Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:54 am

snowy801 wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:33 am
BobMcBob wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:29 am
snowy801 wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:14 am


Do you understand the principles of this tactic, and agree with it? How would you say the alleged relative commonness of this tactic influence your decisions today?
the fact that it is common influences me less than the fact that it is just generally good
and yes i understand why its a thing
For those of us who have been away for years, why is it a thing, and what makes it good?
well in the case of bozo, he loves stats and is usually flops about on d1 without much impact or proposes a massclaim while he waits for info
once thats over you can start reading him properly

for vecna, he has selfproclaimed multiple times as easy to catch late game as scum
cant actually remember if thats true, but ill roll with it
as town hes a great leader while he lasts, so hes good to keep around
2

BobMcBob
Posts: 2427
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:28 am
Location: Also Not Austalia
Karma: 1089

Re: Mini-Mafia Game - Interesting Facts Edition GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#169 Post by BobMcBob » Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:55 am

also for the very little its worth, i doubt snowy is jester
2

snowy801
Posts: 1407
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:47 am
Karma: 1469

Re: Mini-Mafia Game - Interesting Facts Edition GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#170 Post by snowy801 » Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:13 pm

BobMcBob wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:54 am
snowy801 wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:33 am
BobMcBob wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:29 am


the fact that it is common influences me less than the fact that it is just generally good
and yes i understand why its a thing
For those of us who have been away for years, why is it a thing, and what makes it good?
well in the case of bozo, he loves stats and is usually flops about on d1 without much impact or proposes a massclaim while he waits for info
once thats over you can start reading him properly

for vecna, he has selfproclaimed multiple times as easy to catch late game as scum
cant actually remember if thats true, but ill roll with it
as town hes a great leader while he lasts, so hes good to keep around
How would you say these statements differentiate themselves from any generic statements you could make about any of the players in this game? You can easily make a case about how anyone is a bad d1 vote, and your bozo argument seems especially meritless. "He's useless as town d1 so we shouldn't vote him until later" - would you say that's a fair summary of what you said?

Why are these two individuals given preferential treatment over, say, rdrivera, ghug, chaqa or darg? (I'm just naming old names I know here)
2

foodcoats
Posts: 2902
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:34 pm
Karma: 1134

Re: Mini-Mafia Game - Interesting Facts Edition GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#171 Post by foodcoats » Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:16 pm

Vecna wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:06 am
snowy801 wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:55 am
@vecna

http://mafia.peterlund.se/e/web/msgs?word=NAI&g=68
Yeah, i know it gets used a bit - its just strange to me you now feel its ignored too often and not looked into every little "x does y given z" opportunity given
Wow, I did not know you could search for terms. The bot is amazing.
2

Vecna
Posts: 10294
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:43 am
Karma: 2609

Re: Mini-Mafia Game - Interesting Facts Edition GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#172 Post by Vecna » Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:18 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:26 am
BobMcBob wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:08 am
Vecna wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:00 am


Purposefully posting a readslist that checks the box of every stereotype.

He knows he gonna get scumread for this. Jester-charts are peaking.
readslists of questionable quality are a mainstay of my play
snapreads perhaps less so, but regardless

interesting fact: i got quite a bit of heat d1 for a not very good readslist in champs
It wasn't a joke? You can't be serious.
The inclusion of the joke on top of the reads. It just screams to me like it was put there to be scumread.
2

foodcoats
Posts: 2902
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:34 pm
Karma: 1134

Re: Mini-Mafia Game - Interesting Facts Edition GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#173 Post by foodcoats » Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:18 pm

Vecna wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:08 am
foodcoats wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:56 am
damo666 wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:45 am
It is anti-town to claim VT.

Snowy must know this.

Snowy claimed VT.

Therefore Snowy wants to appear anti-town.

Therefore Snowy wants to attract votes.

Therefore Snowy is the Jester.
I have also found snowy to be a bit “off.” Bob also mentioned this. In the previous game and GT snowy seemed very acute and invested. So far here snowy has avoided directly answering questions, gone off on tangents and also taken a bit of an aggressive and demeaning attitude. It does seem that snowy wants to be DK’d.

If snowy was the Jester, do you think this is how he would play? How do you think he’d play as scum with a Jester in play?
hows any of that different from last game exactly? And if anything, he's been quite responsive, no?
I may be misremembering last game, and I was DK'd D1. The main thing I remember of snowy is that he made a lot of long, impassioned posts that I feel had a different vibe from the ones he's made today.

I haven't concluded anything definitively from it yet, though, which is why I asked damo those questions.
2

Vecna
Posts: 10294
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:43 am
Karma: 2609

Re: Mini-Mafia Game - Interesting Facts Edition GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#174 Post by Vecna » Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:19 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:26 am
BobMcBob wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:08 am
Vecna wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:00 am


Purposefully posting a readslist that checks the box of every stereotype.

He knows he gonna get scumread for this. Jester-charts are peaking.
readslists of questionable quality are a mainstay of my play
snapreads perhaps less so, but regardless

interesting fact: i got quite a bit of heat d1 for a not very good readslist in champs
It wasn't a joke? You can't be serious.
Also, whats up with the tone-deafness Rdr?

You think id miss the detail of the joke in my commentary? You find it really strange that bob just responds to my post and ignores the joke-part as I (mostly) did>
2

Vecna
Posts: 10294
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:43 am
Karma: 2609

Re: Mini-Mafia Game - Interesting Facts Edition GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#175 Post by Vecna » Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:21 pm

BobMcBob wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:29 am
snowy801 wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:14 am
BobMcBob wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:12 am


tomorrow? its a relatively common tactic to leave you and bozo for later if memory serves
Do you understand the principles of this tactic, and agree with it? How would you say the alleged relative commonness of this tactic influence your decisions today?
the fact that it is common influences me less than the fact that it is just generally good
and yes i understand why its a thing
Why dont you humor me and try to read me today, instead.

Just because youre not gonna get me killed today doesnt excuse the "ill just make up my mind if it lives" approach.
2

Vecna
Posts: 10294
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:43 am
Karma: 2609

Re: Mini-Mafia Game - Interesting Facts Edition GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#176 Post by Vecna » Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:23 pm

damo666 wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:44 am
Vecna wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:57 am
damo666 wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:45 am
It is anti-town to claim VT.

Snowy must know this.

Snowy claimed VT.

Therefore Snowy wants to appear anti-town.

Therefore Snowy wants to attract votes.

Therefore Snowy is the Jester.
And he just happened to follow it up with a shitton of town-talk?

It appears very unlikely he gonna get it, so itd be pretty poor strategy.

Seems like a decent case of town, or proper scum-play.

Really dont see any (proper) argument for jester.
Doubt he's scum. Either jester or town.
You doubt he could pull this off as scum, or you feel he's too scummy to be scum?
2

foodcoats
Posts: 2902
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:34 pm
Karma: 1134

Re: Mini-Mafia Game - Interesting Facts Edition GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#177 Post by foodcoats » Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:29 pm

There is something I don't like about ghug. When I went to the bot to iso him, I was surprised to see he was the third highest poster. He has a number of insubstantial posts, which, to quote snowy, is not inherently a crime, but of those that are more substantial,
  • he shades bozo for scumreading him without extensive evidence from past games, and talks about his own scum meta and why bozo's scumread of him doesn't fit his meta
  • shades Bob for making the snowy wagon larger than it already was with a joke vote, while also remaining committed to the snowy wagon himself, while also saying he is complimenting snowy by being on his wagon (thus himself contributing to what he is effectively labelling a joke wagon)
  • calls Chaqa scum but shades snowy for voting for Chaqa
Certainly I don't expect anyone to make a ton of sense on D1, but this looks quite wrong to me.

##VOTE ghug
2

damo666
Posts: 9627
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:04 am
Location: London
Karma: 2295

Re: Mini-Mafia Game - Interesting Facts Edition GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#178 Post by damo666 » Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:38 pm

Vecna wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:23 pm
damo666 wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:44 am
Vecna wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:57 am


And he just happened to follow it up with a shitton of town-talk?

It appears very unlikely he gonna get it, so itd be pretty poor strategy.

Seems like a decent case of town, or proper scum-play.

Really dont see any (proper) argument for jester.
Doubt he's scum. Either jester or town.
You doubt he could pull this off as scum, or you feel he's too scummy to be scum?
I don't think he would claim vt as scum.
2

BobMcBob
Posts: 2427
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:28 am
Location: Also Not Austalia
Karma: 1089

Re: Mini-Mafia Game - Interesting Facts Edition GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#179 Post by BobMcBob » Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:51 pm

Vecna wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:21 pm
BobMcBob wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:29 am
snowy801 wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:14 am


Do you understand the principles of this tactic, and agree with it? How would you say the alleged relative commonness of this tactic influence your decisions today?
the fact that it is common influences me less than the fact that it is just generally good
and yes i understand why its a thing
Why dont you humor me and try to read me today, instead.

Just because youre not gonna get me killed today doesnt excuse the "ill just make up my mind if it lives" approach.
town
happy now uncle vecna?
2

BobMcBob
Posts: 2427
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:28 am
Location: Also Not Austalia
Karma: 1089

Re: Mini-Mafia Game - Interesting Facts Edition GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#180 Post by BobMcBob » Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:54 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:13 pm
BobMcBob wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:54 am
snowy801 wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:33 am


For those of us who have been away for years, why is it a thing, and what makes it good?
well in the case of bozo, he loves stats and is usually flops about on d1 without much impact or proposes a massclaim while he waits for info
once thats over you can start reading him properly

for vecna, he has selfproclaimed multiple times as easy to catch late game as scum
cant actually remember if thats true, but ill roll with it
as town hes a great leader while he lasts, so hes good to keep around
How would you say these statements differentiate themselves from any generic statements you could make about any of the players in this game? You can easily make a case about how anyone is a bad d1 vote, and your bozo argument seems especially meritless. "He's useless as town d1 so we shouldn't vote him until later" - would you say that's a fair summary of what you said?

Why are these two individuals given preferential treatment over, say, rdrivera, ghug, chaqa or darg? (I'm just naming old names I know here)
uh yes, bozo is usually useless d1 and therefore we shouldnt vote him is correct
lacking a bit of nuance though
he is normally particularly noncommittal, doesnt really push anything other than mechs, as both alignments
however that changes on d2 when he actually starts analysing data and its a lot easier to read him then
2

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BesharamSabi, Bonatogether, lfischl, TheFlyingBoat, Vecna and 6 guests