M68: Guns N' Roses GAMETHREAD [hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Johnny Big Horse
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

Re: M68: Guns N' Roses GAMETHREAD [hidden]

#2861 Post by Johnny Big Horse » Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:07 pm

Everyone, thank you. This was a lot of fun.

I know I sucked. But I enjoyed it.

I was provoking you Jaime. Sorry.

Jamiet99uk

#2862 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:09 pm

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:01 pm
No, I wasn't. When I talked in scum QT I was active in-thread, when I was gone I was gone - this was a very quiet QT for me lol. Although I was scum this time (by chance) you do almost literally accuse me of being scum, unless you're scum :P

Go read god thread, pretty sure I left you messages :D
I have no wish to read them.

You play in an anti-town way as either alignment.

I pushed for your kill and I was right.

I applaud you for your win in this game and I concede defeat in it. I doff my cap to you, sir.

But town LETS people like you do this AGAIN and AGAIN and it boils my piss that we do not policy-kill low posters. We should. It's perfectly clear to me that we should and this is YET ANOTHER glaring example.

You joking and laughing after you killed HB pushed me over the edge because it was so obvious and I lost my temper. I am sorry. It is not just your fault personally, it is the fault of the whole community. But I'm sorry I lost my cool.

e.m.c^42

#2863 Post by e.m.c^42 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:09 pm

worcej wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:14 pm
ghug wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:12 pm
Why the hell did y'all shoot Horsey?
Because we literally had to persuade EMC to NOT SHOOT HIMSELF!

I took whatever target he wanted other than that.
Y'all were cowards for not letting me do it, with probably the one GM that would allow it as valid play lol

Jamiet99uk

#2864 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:10 pm

Johnny Big Horse wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:07 pm

Some of your lines of thought were the right ones - you just need to learn how the game works - no apology needed, and I hope you play again :-)

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2865 Post by ghug » Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:11 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:46 pm
GG Scum

I am sorry for my angry outburst. I hope the community will at least show me some clemency for the fact that I realised I was getting too emotional and therefore I asked to sub out rather than being modkilled or replaced.

But again, sorry.

Xorxes did a good job in the brief time he was in my slot, so thanks to him.

@Johnny Big Horse: I'm sorry our interactions were so charged, and I hope you learned something about this game, and will play again.

@Vecna, Dargorygel: Thanks for running this. It was a genuinely interesting setup, and it could be run again. It did not surprise me that choosing a rose, and not a gun, was the town dynamic.

Now I must say something else:

I apologise for getting so angry at EMC, but I was right that he was scum, and so, from my perspective, there is a problem in this community that however much I shout about it we refuse to kill lurking scum. Whenever I push scummy lurkers as town, I am told to fuck off and shut up. Ghug, I am looking at you in particular but you are not the only one. I am right more than 50% of the time. Lurking is scum-sided - as a lurker you help scum whether you are scum or not. The attitude to lurking that Ghug, EMC, and other people have developed means that webDip Mafia has become a pro-lurking-scum community and you(we?) need to start policy-killing lurkers.

EMC won this game and if you were town, you need to seriously think about how you helped EMC get away with that. Worcej lurked very hard at times too. Only Chaqa fronted up.

There, I've said it.

Now, finally, I'll go back to my outburst. It was rude and over the top and I am sorry. It does not become a Council member and I have offered my resignation to Dargorygel and President Eden, and what they do next is up to them.
I'm usually with you on this, Jamie. This time, I (wrongly) felt that the occasional bursts of activity emc was displaying were townie, and let him go for it.

I've long said that the way to deal with this is to policy kill people, but there doesn't seem to be much stomach for that.

Jamiet99uk

#2866 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:12 pm

ghug wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:11 pm
I've long said that the way to deal with this is to policy kill people, but there doesn't seem to be much stomach for that.
I pushed for a kill on EMC on pure policy and you were quite rude to me about it, as I recall, but ok.

snowy801

#2867 Post by snowy801 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:13 pm

I personally don't believe policy lynching is the solution. I believe emc should be permanently banned

Not for anything he did this game to be sure - scum has the right to lurk - but for the sentiment expressed in the God QT message that more or less went: "snowy you only got me by chance - I do this every game and I can't wait to see you rage as I do this next game as town"

I infer from Jamiet's earlier message that darg and Eden are thse Mafia Councillors and so to you I state a gain: if you have witnessed previous games and agree with the manifold claims that emc plays like this regardless of alignment

Ban him. Permanently

He is a predator who abuses the goodwill of this community.

e.m.c^42

#2868 Post by e.m.c^42 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:15 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:09 pm
I have no wish to read them.

You play in an anti-town way as either alignment.

I pushed for your kill and I was right.

I applaud you for your win in this game and I concede defeat in it. I doff my cap to you, sir.

But town LETS people like you do this AGAIN and AGAIN and it boils my piss that we do not policy-kill low posters. We should. It's perfectly clear to me that we should and this is YET ANOTHER glaring example.

You joking and laughing after you killed HB pushed me over the edge because it was so obvious and I lost my temper. I am sorry. It is not just your fault personally, it is the fault of the whole community. But I'm sorry I lost my cool.
To be fair that is quite true, and iirc we did go through a period of five or so games where we did policy me, although that never really ended up doing anything. Also no need for apologies, this was what I sent in GT lmao
Sorry Jamie, you are quite right; but irregardless I really do love your fiery passion all directed at me, please don't tone it down in any future games.

No-one else really pulls out insults anymore, and it's rather disappointing :p

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2869 Post by ghug » Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:15 pm

Johnny, I hope you play again.

Chaqa, I hope you play again too.

Emc and worcej, I will no longer be using the tiniest modicum of effort and being completely batshit as reasons to townread you, so adjust accordingly. :razz: Well played!

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2870 Post by ghug » Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:16 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:12 pm
ghug wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:11 pm
I pushed for a kill on EMC on pure policy and you were quite rude to me about it, as I recall, but ok.
I don't really recall being rude to you until your vitriolic outburst, but if I was, I apologize.

e.m.c^42

#2871 Post by e.m.c^42 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:22 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:13 pm
I personally don't believe policy lynching is the solution. I believe emc should be permanently banned

Not for anything he did this game to be sure - scum has the right to lurk - but for the sentiment expressed in the God QT message that more or less went: "snowy you only got me by chance - I do this every game and I can't wait to see you rage as I do this next game as town"

I infer from Jamiet's earlier message that darg and Eden are thse Mafia Councillors and so to you I state a gain: if you have witnessed previous games and agree with the manifold claims that emc plays like this regardless of alignment

Ban him. Permanently

Extremely tempted to flirt with you here except that would be just weird, right after you called me predatory ;p

General point I was trying to make is that a) activity can be NAI and b) lurking implies reading but present, which isn't true if you just aren't online at all.

snowy801

#2872 Post by snowy801 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:24 pm

Your point is irrelevant.

Regardless of whether you get banned, I ask that you stop playing mafia here, and elsewhere.

You ruin the efforts of dozens of people for your perverse pleasures, and that is not okay.

I hope you take some time to reflect upon your actions and make the right choice.

worcej

#2873 Post by worcej » Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:24 pm

Johnny Big Horse wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:07 pm

Play more, you were a nice addition to the community. You get better as you go along.

snowy801

#2874 Post by snowy801 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:25 pm

Yeah Johnny if you visit God QT you will see a litany of praise for you.

damo666

#2875 Post by damo666 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:25 pm

snowy801 wrote:

Ban him. Permanently

I assume you are joking.

EMC did what was required of him. He voted each day and fulfilled the minimum posting requirement. He broke no rules. If you don't like the way he plays, vote him off.

That said, EMC if you sign up I do think you ought to up your effort.

worcej

#2876 Post by worcej » Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:27 pm

ghug wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:15 pm
Johnny, I hope you play again.

Chaqa, I hope you play again too.

Emc and worcej, I will no longer be using the tiniest modicum of effort and being completely batshit as reasons to townread you, so adjust accordingly. :razz: Well played!
I think I may have moved from 'he's bad' to 'he's bad but also capable of exploiting this weakness in me so I should look at him harder' :razz:

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#2877 Post by dargorygel » Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:28 pm

Gg all... Some more than others. 😁
I'll catch up and comment later. Sorry I was off an entire day!!!

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2878 Post by Chaqa » Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:28 pm

snowy801 wrote:

Ban him. Permanently

I cannot disagree with this hard enough.

snowy801

#2879 Post by snowy801 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:29 pm

damo666 wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:25 pm
snowy801 wrote:

Ban him. Permanently

I assume you are joking.

EMC did what was required of him. He voted each day and fulfilled the minimum posting requirement. He broke no rules. If you don't like the way he plays, vote him off.

That said, EMC if you sign up I do think you ought to up your effort.
I am not the type to rage and cry if I don't get my way. I believe my sentiments were adequately expressed, so I'll make this my final comment on this unpleasant topic.

You just asked me to vote a player in mafia because I don't like his playstyle, not because I believe he is most likely to be scum.

If you do not see the issue here, you are also part of the problem.

worcej

#2880 Post by worcej » Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:29 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:24 pm
Your point is irrelevant.

Regardless of whether you get banned, I ask that you stop playing mafia here, and elsewhere.

You ruin the efforts of dozens of people for your perverse pleasures, and that is not okay.

I hope you take some time to reflect upon your actions and make the right choice.
I can understand this feeling, but literally town had multiple chances to eliminate him earlier and only a few entertained it.

Your monologue in the God QT was spot on though - we're all too desperate to be THE hero that town doesn't normally come together well.