M68: Guns N' Roses GAMETHREAD [hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
e.m.c^42

Re: M68: Guns N' Roses GAMETHREAD [hidden]

#2841 Post by e.m.c^42 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:17 pm

Woohoo. This was an odd game. I'm still incredibly disappointed we didn't get to pull off my self-shooting, fake-claiming tactic, but can't argue against this result.

worcej

#2842 Post by worcej » Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:17 pm

damo666 wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:14 pm
Well played scumbos.

Worcej leaving those votes on EMC threw me.

Thank you GMs
I did that intentionally and also why I didn't NK you over celaph.

ghug, and rdr were locks for milo. I thought JBH needed to die but then watched as everyone continued to scum him somehow after the guns sorted themselves out yet no one seemed to agree with me that scum might just have grabbed 3 guns (we did).

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2843 Post by ghug » Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:20 pm

worcej wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:17 pm
damo666 wrote:
Well played scumbos.

Thank you GMs

ghug, and rdr were locks for milo. I thought JBH needed to die but then watched as everyone continued to scum him somehow after the guns sorted themselves out yet no one seemed to agree with me that scum might just have grabbed 3 guns (we did).
Lol, you actually didn't understand the logic in holding the shot N3...

Nobody thought you hadn't taken three guns. We thought it was possible you'd withheld an N3 gun because there was little reason to use it at that point.

Vecna

#2844 Post by Vecna » Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:24 pm

Id like to thank my excellent Co-GM Dargorygel for his excellent help all throughout the game. Apologies for missing EoD that one time....

It was a fun experiment. I did NOT expect all town to pick a rose whatsoever. It certainly was hilarious to have diatribes from a number of people that "they just HAD to pick a rose to save town from itself since certainly everyone was picking a gun".

With how towns vests matched up with the scum guns, we were definitely expecting town to perform better than it did. It was entertaining watching Chaqa get away with his claim for quite a long time, even though the god thread knew he was likely to get outted after N3.

Overall, there were several towns that were quite close to the truth, but their reads were widely ignored after their death, which ultimately resulted in town being fooled by the remaining scum.

worcej

#2845 Post by worcej » Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:27 pm

ghug wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:20 pm
worcej wrote:
damo666 wrote:
Well played scumbos.

Thank you GMs

Nobody thought you hadn't taken three guns. We thought it was possible you'd withheld an N3 gun because there was little reason to use it at that point.
Holding the shot was never going to happen with this team.

I am reading the God QT still, but there is a good point that you all spent far to long on assuming the fringe scenarios versus the reality of we shot at JBH because we could.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2846 Post by ghug » Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:28 pm

worcej wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:27 pm
ghug wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:20 pm
worcej wrote:

Holding the shot was never going to happen with this team.

I am reading the God QT still, but there is a good point that you all spent far to long on assuming the fringe scenarios versus the reality of we shot at JBH because we could.
I mean I was still townreading JBH for most of it. He just wasn't clear for mechanical reasons.

worcej

#2847 Post by worcej » Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:29 pm

Also, FWIW - I did not intentionally lurk. I did go on vacation and struggled to be around in early game and then this weekend my wife was at a funeral and I had to be solo-dad mode with a 2 year old that likes to shove food up her nose and climb on coffee tables and fall to the ground...

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2848 Post by Chaqa » Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:39 pm

We shot Johnny Big Horse because we feared him, for he can see things no one else can:

https://youtu.be/xwN0ZIe-cG8?t=30

foodcoats

#2849 Post by foodcoats » Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:41 pm

GG all.

Goal next game, make D2.

worcej

#2850 Post by worcej » Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:45 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:41 pm
GG all.

Goal next game, make D2.
A great goal to have.

Blame the town though, I honestly thought EMC was going to get replaced until he voted you in the last minute lol...

Jamiet99uk

#2851 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:46 pm

GG Scum

I am sorry for my angry outburst. I hope the community will at least show me some clemency for the fact that I realised I was getting too emotional and therefore I asked to sub out rather than being modkilled or replaced.

But again, sorry.

Xorxes did a good job in the brief time he was in my slot, so thanks to him.

@Johnny Big Horse: I'm sorry our interactions were so charged, and I hope you learned something about this game, and will play again.

@Vecna, Dargorygel: Thanks for running this. It was a genuinely interesting setup, and it could be run again. It did not surprise me that choosing a rose, and not a gun, was the town dynamic.

Now I must say something else:

I apologise for getting so angry at EMC, but I was right that he was scum, and so, from my perspective, there is a problem in this community that however much I shout about it we refuse to kill lurking scum. Whenever I push scummy lurkers as town, I am told to fuck off and shut up. Ghug, I am looking at you in particular but you are not the only one. I am right more than 50% of the time. Lurking is scum-sided - as a lurker you help scum whether you are scum or not. The attitude to lurking that Ghug, EMC, and other people have developed means that webDip Mafia has become a pro-lurking-scum community and you(we?) need to start policy-killing lurkers.

EMC won this game and if you were town, you need to seriously think about how you helped EMC get away with that. Worcej lurked very hard at times too. Only Chaqa fronted up.

There, I've said it.

Now, finally, I'll go back to my outburst. It was rude and over the top and I am sorry. It does not become a Council member and I have offered my resignation to Dargorygel and President Eden, and what they do next is up to them.

worcej

#2852 Post by worcej » Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:51 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:46 pm
GG Scum

I am sorry for my angry outburst. I hope the community will at least show me some clemency for the fact that I realised I was getting too emotional and therefore I asked to sub out rather than being modkilled or replaced.

But again, sorry.

@Johnny Big Horse: I'm sorry our interactions were so charged, and I hope you learned something about this game, and will play again.

@Vecna, Dargorygel: Thanks for running this. It was a genuinely interesting setup, and it could be run again. It did not surprise me that choosing a rose, and not a gun, was the town dynamic.

I apologise for getting so angry at EMC, but I was right that he was scum, and so, from my perspective, there is a problem in this community that however much I shout about it we refuse to kill lurking scum. Whenever I push scummy lurkers as town, I am told to fuck off and shut up. Ghug, I am looking at you in particular but you are not the only one. I am right more than 50% of the time. Lurking is scum-sided - as a lurker you help scum whether you are scum or not. The attitude to lurking that Ghug, EMC, and other people have developed means that webDip Mafia has become a pro-lurking-scum community and you(we?) need to start policy-killing lurkers.

EMC won this game and if you were town, you need to seriously think about how you helped EMC get away with that. Worcej lurked very hard at times too. Only Chaqa fronted up.

There, I've said it.

Now, finally, I'll go back to my outburst. It was rude and over the top and I am sorry. It does not become a Council member and I have offered my resignation to Dargorygel and President Eden, and what they do next is up to them.
There is EMC lurking and then there is 'people have a real life and cannot be here all the time' lurking.

Policy kill the EMC lurk, forgive (but don't forget) the other one.

I also think I pulled off enough heavy lifting from D4 on to justify the win instead of just getting it gifted to the scum team.

worcej

#2853 Post by worcej » Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:53 pm

And boy did I piss myself a little when xorxes entered the game and fingered 2/3 scum right away...

Jamiet99uk

#2854 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:56 pm

worcej wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:51 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
GG Scum

<snip>
There is EMC lurking and then there is 'people have a real life and cannot be here all the time' lurking.

I also think I pulled off enough heavy lifting from D4 on to justify the win instead of just getting it gifted to the scum team.
I have not asked for the God QT or scum QT but I have been told that EMC was plenty busy in the scum QT, so I stand by all of my comments. EMC was active and alert and lurking on purpose and should have been killed by town.

I apologise for swearing at EMC but Town players in this game need to ask themselves why they gave EMC a free pass, because he always does this as scum and they let him do it, and he won. It's their fault.

snowy801

#2855 Post by snowy801 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:58 pm

worcej wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:
GG Scum

But again, sorry.

There, I've said it.

The people who were busy due to real life commitments did not lurk as emc had. They played the game, and there is nothing to forgive

worcej

#2856 Post by worcej » Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:59 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:56 pm
worcej wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:
GG Scum

<snip>

I have not asked for the God QT or scum QT but I have been told that EMC was plenty busy in the scum QT, so I stand by all of my comments. EMC was active and alert and lurking on purpose and should have been killed by town.

I apologise for swearing at EMC but Town players in this game need to ask themselves why they gave EMC a free pass, because he always does this as scum and they let him do it, and he won. It's their fault.
Well, I hope the town players reflect on this while I drink my scum~victory~feels~good drink.

snowy801

#2857 Post by snowy801 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:00 pm

I only have one thing to say about this game, which is

Stop killing me damn you

e.m.c^42

#2858 Post by e.m.c^42 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:01 pm

No, I wasn't. When I talked in scum QT I was active in-thread, when I was gone I was gone - this was a very quiet QT for me lol. Although I was scum this time (by chance) you do almost literally accuse me of being scum, unless you're scum :P

Go read god thread, pretty sure I left you messages :D

Johnny Big Horse
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2859 Post by Johnny Big Horse » Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:05 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
GG Scum

But again, sorry.

There, I've said it.

I have no problems with you Jaime. You were spicy.

e.m.c^42

#2860 Post by e.m.c^42 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:05 pm

BUT that being said I did play pretty awfully, and brain had me read almost instantly to rights.