M68: Guns N' Roses GAMETHREAD [hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Vecna

M68: Guns N' Roses GAMETHREAD [hidden]

#1 Post by Vecna » Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:54 am

Mafia 68: Guns N’ Roses

All standard mafia rules for behavior and gameplay apply, unless specified differently below.

Players are allowed to +1 any post in the thread, as long as they remain alive.

SETUP
• The finalized setup is 11 town players vs 3 mafia players
• There is only one vanilla role PM for each faction. However....
• Before the game starts, all players have 24 hours to secretly pick either a gun or a rose. The Mafia faction will have their QT opened during this time for coordination.
• All players must also secretly pick a night for their chosen item to be active on. Players can only choose between night 1, night 2 or night 3.
• A player who picked a gun is a 1-shot vigilante during their chosen night only. Guns cannot be shot during dayphases
• A player who picked a rose is immune to all gunshots and mafia night-kills during their chosen night.
If at any time there are no Town-aligned players who picked a rose left alive, Mafia immediately wins the game, regardless of whether there are any living Mafia members left alive. If no town player picks a rose, the game is lost before it even begins.
• Starting Day 4, no more items are useable. However, town can still lose due to losing all of their members that picked a rose.
• One player is day-killed during the day as per usual using standard voting
• One player is night-killed by the mafia during the night. Mafia does not have a factional role block

NIGHT ACTION RESOLUTION
• Upon death, it will be revealed whether the dead player picked a rose or a gun, and which night was picked. It will not be revealed whether the item was used if the night it was active on has already passed.
• EoN flavor will not clarify how many shots were fired exactly, unless no gunshots took place or only a single gunshot took place. A number of gunshots greater than one will remain vague by design.
• Kill flavor will not distinguish between mafia night-kills and gunshots made by any alignment.
• Kill flavor WILL indicate whether a person that dies was shot once, or more than once. If a person is hit by more than one bullet and dies, kill flavor will likely be over the top for dramatic effect.
• EoN flavor will not confirm whatsoever whether one or more people were protected from a gunshot by a rose.
• Players firing their active gun will not receive any result pm. If your target did not die, they could have only been saved by a rose after all.
• Players whose rose was active during a night will only receive a pm notification if they were targeted by a gun. The pm will specify whether they were targeted by a single gun, or more than one gun (but not the exact number in that case).

Additional information:
• Day phases last 48 hours and night phases last 24 hours.
• Mafia QT is only available during pregame and during night phases.
• An approximation of the number of Town-aligned players that picked a rose will be announced at the beginning of Day 1.
• A surviving town player that picked a rose before game start, will continue to prevent town from losing, regardless of whether their rose is used up.
• Mafia will instantly win if town has no path left to eliminate scum (usually reached with parity, but in this setup GM discretion will determine if town can still win in any given situation).
• Mafia only need 1 person to decide their night-kill. No voting or unanimity is required; the last order issued by any mafia member in their QT will count. Mafia are effectively multitasking and can night-kill and fire any and all guns that are active during that night.
• This setup is largely ripped off from mafiascum member fakegod, credit to him for creating this idea.
• The GM for this game is Vecna. The Co-GM is Dargorygel. Orders for night-actions from town (GUNSHOTS) should be sent to both. Mafia can either PM the gm or bold the orders in their QT.

Town role PM:

You are a member of the town.

Before the game starts you get to choose a gun or a rose in secret. You also choose night 1, night 2 or night 3. This item will be a one-shot item that only works on the night that you picked pregame.

But BEWARE! If at any time during the game no town aligned players with a rose are alive, the town faction instantly loses the game. So choose wisely.
Win by eliminating all the mafia, either with the might of your gun, or the power of your vote.

Mafia role PM:

You are a member of the mafia.

Before the game starts you get to choose a gun or a rose. You also choose night 1, night 2 or night 3. This item will be a one-shot item that only works on the night that you picked pregame.

During the pre-game selection phase, and during any night-phase, you can communicate with your fellow mafia members here: <QT link>
You win the game either by eliminating all town roses or reaching a gamestate where the town can no longer eliminate your faction.

Vecna

Re: M68: Guns N' Roses GAMETHREAD [hidden]

#2 Post by Vecna » Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:54 am

Final player List:

1. Damo666
2. ghug
3. Jamiet99uk (He/Him)
4. Worcej
5. brainbomb
6. foodcoats
7. Eden
8. Macca573 (They/Them)
9. Rdrivera2005
10. Brian
11. Chaqa
12. EMC
13. snowy
14. Johnny Big Horse

Substitutes:

1. Celaph
2. Flash (It)

Vecna

#3 Post by Vecna » Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:56 am

Continue to hold until the game has started.

Vecna

#4 Post by Vecna » Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:04 pm

All role pm's have been sent out.

Please send your pick of either a rose or a gun, and the night itll be active on (N1, N2 or N3) to the gm's in a pm.

Please continue to not post in this thread. The game will start in 24 hours from this post.

Vecna

#5 Post by Vecna » Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:58 pm

You find yourself at the 68th national law enforcement convention. You’re seated in a small, dimly lit room on the far edge of the convention center, waiting for the next session to begin. The speakers are playing some obscure “classic” rock ballads, at a slightly too high volume level. Looking around, you see a dozen or so other individuals. Most of them look even more uninterested than you, making you wonder what happened to this convention. It used to be a prestigious event, renowned for its many networking opportunities and high quality workshops that could teach you valuable skills to advance your career. The highlight of many a detectives’ year. This clearly stopped being the case many years ago.

Suddenly the music stops and the speakers in the room crackle with activity. “Welcome detectives. I’m sure you are all wondering why your supervisors or captains signed you up for this session, and what is about to happen.

Confused and slightly annoyed looks are seen throughout the room.

The truth of the matter is, your bosses feel that you are all wash-outs. Has-beens. Most of you haven’t solved a significant case in years. We promised them to jolt your passion for police work again with a new burst of energy. Invigorate you all with an exciting, big case to solve.

You see an individual get up from his chair, clearly extremely angry with the information he just received. He walks towards the door and appears to be leaving. However, when he reaches the door and yanks it, it does not appear to budge. Before he can question this predicament, the speaker continues speaking.

Yes, I’m afraid none of you will be leaving here until our experiment has concluded. You see, amongst you in the room are 3 hidden individuals with a somewhat sketchy past. They will be pretending to be upstanding policemen, much as yourselves, but in truth they are all murderers that have managed to evade capture by the law for a long time. Killers from the cities that you hail from, that you would have caught if you were worthy of the badges that you carry.

From the side of the room a person in a police uniform that is clearly two sizes too small starts laughing. “Sure buddy, we all love your scene-setting.”

Ignoring the individual, the speaker continues. “Now, if you will all be so kind to look under your chairs. You will find a box with an item that might help you in the trials that are ahead. Either a gun with a single bullet, or an item that could provide you with protection, a symbolic rose. Wonderful, no? I asked your bosses what they thought would match your personality and awarded you accordingly. Now, the catch is, that we promised the murderers in the room a lofty financial incentive if they manage to kill everyone that has received a rose. And they too had a choice of what to find in their little box. But don’t worry, I’m sure these murderers would have no use for a gun……."

Your task is simply to identify them before they can carry out this task. Find them and expose them. Make it a little election for all I care. I suggest you keep your item hidden, but it is inevitably your own decision on how you proceed.

Incredulous looks are seen throughout the room. None of the participants seem to be truly impressed by what they have just heard. Some are seen peeking into the boxes under their chair and having a glimpse of excitement before pocketing an item, out of sight of the others.

Protect the wielders of these roses, or you will regret it. Use whatever you were given wisely and find the murderers among you.”.

Vecna

#6 Post by Vecna » Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:01 pm

The speakers turn on again, for a final announcement.

I was going to let you all discover this naturally, but I really couldn’t resist sharing a bit more information. You see, it turns out most of your bosses really didn’t have much faith in the ability of you lot to use deadly force to successfully eliminate the threat posed against you here. I guess they were….afraid…..that you would probably just shoot other actual representatives of the law. How does that make you feel? Knowing that your own bosses do not even entrust most of you officers with a loaded firearm?"

A pity, really. I was hoping for some spectacular blood sport. Instead, an overwhelming majority is going to find a rose in their little box. Still, do not underestimate the actual threat of these murderers. The rose might provide some limited protection, but they will come for you. Soon.

"Now, let the games begin."

OFFICIAL GAME INFORMATION:
Town has picked 9, 10 or 11 roses.

M68 Has started. You may now post. Day1 will end in 48 hours.

Jamiet99uk

#7 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:04 pm

Vecna wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:01 pm
That's a lot of roses. Not many guns in play means this will actually be a fairly vanilla game. Ghug will be delighted.

brainbomb

#8 Post by brainbomb » Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:05 pm

I am brainbomb and you prob'ly never heard my name
Reports of my fame are greatly exaggerated
Exacerbated by the fact that my syntax
Is highly complicated 'cause I immigrated from the single greatest little place in the web:
epic mafia, I love it!
Jesus, I'm jealous of it, and beyond that
Ever since a guy told me to kill myself, I haven't gone back
God damn, I gotta get back on that...
The milk has gone bad, hold up just a second
Why is everything in this fridge warm and tepid?
I better step it up and fight the heat
'Cause I'm not makin' any profit if the coffee isn't light and sweet!

##vote snowy801

this usually is fun.
But how do I play? What do I do what should I say?
Well, you must take the A Train
Even farther than Harlem, to northern Manhattan, and maintain
Get off at 181st, and take the escalator
I hope you're writing this down, I'm gonna test ya later
I'm getting tested; times are tough on this bodega
Two months ago somebody bought chaqas camaro
now i'm stuck at home watching the movie broken arrow
Our neighbors started packin' up and pickin' up and ever since the rents went up im like a sparrow
It's gotten mad expensive, but we live with just enough
vote your top scumread then fill the game with fluff, thats the webdip standard. have you ever begged or pandered? on the gallows and you know so you self vote with loathe.

In the heights
I flip the lights and start my day
There are fights

Endless chats

And scum to kill

In the Heights
I can't survive without day 1

Jamiet99uk

#9 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:06 pm

Hello, Brainbomb.
Why did you pick little old Snowball?

Jamiet99uk

#10 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:09 pm

This reminds me of the time my grandmother had a nasty fall. The hospital said she needed a hip operation.

So I took her down there in her wheelchair and this doctor jumped out with a microphone.

He said:

"Yo, skanky bitch grandmaw,
you better listen good,
I'm the baddest doctor,
In da neigh-bour-hood!"

Oh no, I thought to myself, it's that kind of hip-hop oration.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#11 Post by dargorygel » Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:11 pm

##GM NOTE
Please remember to post both vecna and myself with orders, GodThread whinings, or weather forecasts. We have some differing schedules, and this will ensure your words are heard.

foodcoats

#12 Post by foodcoats » Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:11 pm

Wow, is Vecna’s flavour shading the WebDip Mafia town meta? Well played, well played.

Since town has so many roses and brain hardclaimed gun in pregame, brain is obvscum.

##VOTE brainbomb

Jamiet99uk

#13 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:15 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:11 pm
Wow, is Vecna’s flavour shading the WebDip Mafia town meta? Well played, well played.

Since town has so many roses and brain hardclaimed gun in pregame, brain is obvscum.

##VOTE brainbomb
I like this entirely flawless argument.

##Vote Brainbom

Jamiet99uk

#14 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:22 pm

This is boring. There aren't enough posts. I think we should all try to post at least 150 times each phase.

Johnny Big Horse
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#15 Post by Johnny Big Horse » Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:33 pm

Very difficult to respond to all this nonsense. Most of us are clueless and those who are not are trying to act clueless. Damn. I will just watch for now.

Jamiet99uk

#16 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:37 pm

Johnny Big Horse wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:33 pm
Very difficult to respond to all this nonsense. Most of us are clueless and those who are not are trying to act clueless. Damn. I will just watch for now.
"All this nonsense"

We are on the first page. Hardly anything has happened.

What do you make of the fact that up to 100% of the town have chosen roses and not guns?

President Eden

#17 Post by President Eden » Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:38 pm

Vecna wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:01 pm

M68 Has started. You may now post. Day1 will end in 48 hours.
LMAO this town is so bitchmade

randvoting a gunner = 60-100% chance to hit mafia

##VOTE brainbomb

voting Chaqa day 2

cya in M69

President Eden

#18 Post by President Eden » Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:39 pm

rose n1

Jamiet99uk

#19 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:39 pm

I am not familiar with the term "bitchmade".

President Eden

#20 Post by President Eden » Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:41 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:39 pm
I am not familiar with the term "bitchmade".
"Made in the likeness of a bitch; to act like a bitch; cowardly."
[insert examples that would get me cancelled here]
https://slangdefine.org/b/bitchmade-7c41.html