M68: Guns N' Roses GAMETHREAD [hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
worcej

Re: M68: Guns N' Roses GAMETHREAD [hidden]

#501 Post by worcej » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:13 pm

President Eden wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:46 am
And for anyone curious:
President Eden wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:18 pm
I am going to revisit an interaction at EON1 that I can't discuss right now.
ghug/Chaqa was the interaction. ghug has no reason to put Chaqa as top townread. Chaqa's playing nice with ghug. They both got guns, and while I'm not necessarily sure that ghug was going to hipfire Chaqa, I am very confident the reverse was true. There's a detente between them that makes no sense based on personal history or game state, and it strongly suggests they know they're on the same team. They're finding awkward reasons not to sus each other because they know they'd shoot each other if they weren't on the same team.

I didn't want to blow the lid off this with so much time left, because now they're on notice and they're going to get to plan around us being aware of this awkward issue for them. But the thread is headed in the wrong direction and sitting on it was going to be even more counterproductive.
So, has BB been more scum than these two?

worcej

#502 Post by worcej » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:18 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:50 am
Backing off from all the gun claims/pseudoclaims, I actually think Chaqa is the scummiest player so far - and I am no longer just trolling. The main thing Chaqa has done is make contradictory and confusing statements about the claims, adding to the general brouhaha without adding any effort to solve the game. He's swooped in for some one-liners in a way that you can tell he's watching the thread, he's just intentionally not participating. Isn't that a little funny for someone's "last hurrah?"
My meta take is Chaqa has checked out from our community, since he pretty much said he has, and is kinda being a meh troll about it live because it's fresh.

Upon seeing your explanation on what he has been doing, and reading up on him, I think your observations are sound.

Jamiet99uk

Re: M68: The Race for the Bottom

#503 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:22 pm

worcej wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:37 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:23 am
Macca573 wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:20 am
Also Snowy, as you may well find, I have a reputation for low and useless posting. Emc and I will be in a race to the bottom.
EMC is currently winning that race by a good margin. You're at least making some effort.
Jamie really has a target for EMC's lurking this game.

@Jamie - is this the typical 'he doesn't play why does he sign up' or something more?
Yeah that's about it.

I have no specific reason to scumread him, except there was that time I actually managed to get him daykilled for lurking, and he WAS scum.

worcej

#504 Post by worcej » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:22 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:42 am
damo666 wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:53 am
I'll be shocked if scum can win this game.
Why? Unless the scumteam is exactly Brain, Ghug and Chaqa I think they have a decent chance to win the game. After N3 this is a pure vanilla game and if one deep scum is alive he have a decent chance to win considering the last games.
Honestly, I think town losing in 'KyLo' (or whatever we call it) with 3 players left in vanilla games is a coin toss, which are fair odds.

But yeah, normally we suck at vanilla games. Humor me - why do you think that is? (and anyone can respond to this one too)

Jamiet99uk

#505 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:23 pm

@Worcej: Why aren't you voting?

brainbomb

#506 Post by brainbomb » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:25 pm

I have no interest in claiming a rose just to survive. I claim every game and usually its just lies and a bunch of crap or even worse its true and town loses a PR. If my play hasnt been good enough and its been too haughty then thats my fualt. A claim of a rose is not going to change that whatsoever. So demanding that from me or implying my hesitation to claim is scum indicative it really isnt. You finally get a vanilla game where my antics to bait kills and pose as PR are totally irrelevant. And here finally in this moment you can think of no better reasons to scumread me than pregame bluster, haughty attitide and what you perceive to be attempts to fake town spew myself.

I was not aware that it would announce how many town had roses, I was aware it would announce how many roses were in play.

damo666

#507 Post by damo666 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:29 pm

I believe Chaqa is town with gun.

I do not think ghug has implied he has a gun.

Unfortunately for brain I think his continued survival will be a liabilty for town as he will always be treated as highly suspect. Therefore I think he must go today. It's unfortunate if he is town but if he is I am sure he understands and will take one for the team. If he is scum ... tough.

brainbomb

#508 Post by brainbomb » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:33 pm

The most ridiculous assertion by foodcoats was that im spewing the game thread in identical ways to when I did my old man and the sea routine; which frankly is so far from reality I cant even find words to express how idiotic that reasoning was.

worcej

#509 Post by worcej » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:35 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:16 pm
President Eden wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:46 am
ghug/Chaqa was the interaction. ghug has no reason to put Chaqa as top townread. Chaqa's playing nice with ghug. They both got guns, and while I'm not necessarily sure that ghug was going to hipfire Chaqa, I am very confident the reverse was true. There's a detente between them that makes no sense based on personal history or game state, and it strongly suggests they know they're on the same team. They're finding awkward reasons not to sus each other because they know they'd shoot each other if they weren't on the same team.
@President Eden: You just said you think the scum team is Brainbomb, Ghug, and Chaqa.

So here you are theorising that Scum!Chaqa was definitely going to shoot Scum!Ghug?

Please explain.
In my deep and often stupid WIFOM dive, I did think that this was a possible strategy scum could attempt to pull off if there were a lower count of roses. But the stated count of town roses would make this a terrible strategy to employ.

Jamiet99uk

#510 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:37 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:33 pm
The most ridiculous assertion by foodcoats was that im spewing the game thread in identical ways to when I did my old man and the sea routine; which frankly is so far from reality I cant even find words to express how idiotic that reasoning was.
A marlin is a fish from the family Istiophoridae, which includes about 10 species. It has an elongated body, a spear-like snout or bill, and a long, rigid dorsal fin which extends forward to form a crest. Its common name is thought to derive from its resemblance to a sailor's marlinspike.

Jamiet99uk

#511 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:37 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:23 pm

worcej

#512 Post by worcej » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:41 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:35 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:40 pm
I find it notable that worcej has yet to vote despite his contributions.

Would you say that this is customary for you? If so, who do you think you would hypothetically vote for if someone put a gun to your head and if not, what's different?
worcej, I would like to repose this question to you. I am very much interested in your response.
I did. Did my response satisfy you?

damo666

#513 Post by damo666 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:41 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:25 pm
I have no interest in claiming a rose just to survive. I claim every game and usually its just lies and a bunch of crap or even worse its true and town loses a PR. If my play hasnt been good enough and its been too haughty then thats my fualt. A claim of a rose is not going to change that whatsoever. So demanding that from me or implying my hesitation to claim is scum indicative it really isnt. You finally get a vanilla game where my antics to bait kills and pose as PR are totally irrelevant. And here finally in this moment you can think of no better reasons to scumread me than pregame bluster, haughty attitide and what you perceive to be attempts to fake town spew myself.

I was not aware that it would announce how many town had roses, I was aware it would announce how many roses were in play.
The third point under 'additional information' is quite clear. So you are lying, have a poor memory, didn't bother to read to set up properly or illiterate. I know you are not the latter. Any of the other 3 are possible. You are fairly passionate about Mafia so I'd be disappointed if you didn't bother. It could be a memory issue (or you didn't take it in properly) but I think you've just been caught.

Brain has to go.

worcej

#514 Post by worcej » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:41 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:37 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:23 pm
Because I need to go get my ID.

(see what I did there Jamie? :razz: )

brainbomb

#515 Post by brainbomb » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:42 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
brainbomb wrote:
A marlin is a fish from the family Istiophoridae, which includes about 10 species. It has an elongated body, a spear-like snout or bill, and a long, rigid dorsal fin which extends forward to form a crest. Its common name is thought to derive from its resemblance to a sailor's marlinspike.
Should I take your sarcasm to imply that you agree with foodcoats? that I am in my desperate scum meta where I copy paste long random blurbs from popular novels?

because Im just struggling that bad and im so distraught?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#516 Post by ghug » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:43 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:25 pm

This is actually a fairly townie post.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#517 Post by ghug » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:44 pm

damo666 wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:29 pm

Unfortunately for brain I think his continued survival will be a liabilty for town as he will always be treated as highly suspect. Therefore I think he must go today. It's unfortunate if he is town but if he is I am sure he understands and will take one for the team. If he is scum ... tough.
I have most certainly implied I have a gun.

brainbomb

#518 Post by brainbomb » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:44 pm

my point was I think his charge against me stands on completely sandy foundation.

Jamiet99uk

#519 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:45 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:42 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
brainbomb wrote:
Should I take your sarcasm to imply that you agree with foodcoats? that I am in my desperate scum meta where I copy paste long random blurbs from popular novels?

because Im just struggling that bad and im so distraught?
I tended to agree more with PE than with Food - that is, that your initial angry, panicking, hot-headed reaction was genuine annoyance at getting caught as scum not on the basis of deduction or reading, but due to something mechanical.

Jamiet99uk

#520 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:45 pm

ghug wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:44 pm
damo666 wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:29 pm

I have most certainly implied I have a gun.
No, no, no you haven't.