M68: Guns N' Roses GAMETHREAD [hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
snowy801

Re: M68: Guns N' Roses GAMETHREAD [hidden]

#261 Post by snowy801 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:25 pm

Just as a fun mental exercise, try to recall all the players currently in the game and see whose names comes up in what order, and who doesn't come up at all.

Mine was like this, and I don't think the first few are particularly indicative, merely the order in which I wrote down:

rdrivera
ghug
brainbomb
jamiet
emc
damo
worcej
chaqa

--here was where I struggled to remember names
snowy
johnny big horse
president eden

--here was where I didn't recall names at all
foodcoats
macca
hamilton brian

Now once I read the name off the cheat sheet, foodcoats and hamilton brian's contribution was evident to me and I was just unfamiliar with them, but macca was immediately noted to me as yet being entirely uncontributing.

Which is not to say he's the only one, merely that he stood out. You don't have to share your results necessarily, I just thought it was useful.

worcej

#262 Post by worcej » Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:26 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:32 pm
chaqa I could go either way on. the only reason anyone spares chaqa or worcej is out of sympathy for killing them so often— typically for bullshit reasons.

As for what I said in pregame, that isnt the actual game. And it never will be. basing your reads on things said before game size was official; before role pm was sent out, before a more careful analysis of the game itself was final — would be gunboat mafia.

I find it cumbersome im still having to talk about this when I had wanted to limit my posts and just play a normal game. Ive felt very thrown off my game by this stuff and it has dramatically messed with my ability to focus. I spent a huge amount of posts and energy to repeat over and over that you dont play mafia this way. I shouldnt be having to apologize for being flavorful in a channel outside of this actual arena. end of story.

im not gonna talk about it any further because it is exhausting and its like talking to stone statues who just have nothing interesting to say.

Ive even exhausted my examples because no one is bothering to listen to common sense on the topic. If you give me a day or two to just hunt I am confident ill get gunned down by scum in the most natural way I can. by playing well and being towny. It is much harder for me to look towny long term as scum. Eventually my thoughts and reads just start looking like jokes and lack any force.
I don't feel like anyone gives me sympathy regarding killing me.

I'll agree that pre-game isn't the actual game, but most people wouldn't go into the level of effort you did to state how you'd play this game with item choices. Because you decided to do this, you've created a bunch of information that we all entered this game with.

Now we're here, and we know the count of roses, and it seems interesting to see you may have not grabbed a gun like you said you would. And your entire initial responses to this suspicion is to attack the line of thinking and invalidate our suspicion of you when YOU'RE THE ONE WHO STARTED IT TO BEGIN WITH BECAUSE YOU COULDN'T HELP YOURSELF AND RAN YOUR DAMN MOUTH OFF ABOUT WHAT YOU PLANNED TO DO IN THE PREGAME THREAD!!!!

Take a page from what everyone is telling you and think before you post FFS.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#263 Post by Chaqa » Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:30 pm

worcej wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:06 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:45 am
Anyway ##Vote worcej
Oh, I love this one - what did I possibly do to earn this vote?
Nothing. You hadn't posted yet.

worcej

#264 Post by worcej » Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:30 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:54 pm
worcej wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:49 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:34 pm
Due to game size, I reconsidered my pregame promise. I will not say what I chose.

But I was quite aware that me being a hero is a hell of a lot less important than me just doing the right thing. Doesnt mean I picked a rose, doesn't mean I picked a gun. Just means I certainly was aware that we could win this game without any kill power.
This would've been much better to say before going on your flip out.

This post is incredibly townie to me and I would've towned you right away if you approached the situation accordingly.
The point is that I shouldnt have to risk elaborating further on my item. no one else has too so neither should I. regardless of if I said I was the pope in pregame. regardless of if I said Im charlemagne, regardless of if I stripped naked on tik tok with a rose in my mouth and said “this ones for you town”.

It didnt happen in this game it was pregame jabber. you should know better than to extend the game itself into outside channels. Im not saying the case on me is illegal but it isnt fair either. I deserve to be read the same way youd evaluate anyone. Gaming the situation to eliminate me is cheap and if I was truly scum you should want a damn good reason to remove me for something scummy im actually doing. not something scummy I implied in a vaccuum elsewhere
No one is forcing you to reveal your item, but you need to accept you've earned some suspicion because you decided to claim an item choice in pregame and it may not be the actual item you picked.

Your defending yourself for possibly overtly lying in a game predicated on the use of deceitful tactics. Your reaction to people questioning you makes the least amount of sense out of all of the stuff in front of us.

worcej

#265 Post by worcej » Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:33 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:19 pm
I dont particulary have concerns about ghug, rivera, jamie, or damo. I have felt some odd vibes from emc, macca, eden and foodcoats so far. mostly the lack of hunting by those 4.
brainbomb, I want to highlight two names you listed here: damo, and emc

Plenty of people have yet to "hunt", so to say, so I can only presume you are either implying judgment based on past behavior (which I cannot speak to as I do not know the two) or, the fact that they have *posted*, and not indicated any desire to hunt.

Either way, I want to highlight these two people:

damo currently has 2 posts, and it goes thus:
##vote brain

Laughably easy
---
Could somebody please post the claims.
I would argue emc's posts are rather similar, at 4, especially this post:
↑Jamiet99uk: "*The crowd giggled*"

You know what, last game D1 reads went super well, Jamie is so condescending here he's leaking scum fluids all over my poor face.
http://mafia.peterlund.se/e/web/msgs?g= ... r=e.m.c^42

What separates these two here, that you would note one as towny and the other as scummy? Is it that damo voted you?
Like, this is a really valid point on damo - why did he first post a vote on BB, which should be predicated on information regarding claims, and then ask for the claims?

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#266 Post by Chaqa » Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:34 pm

Someone mentioned I had made a "medium rare" gun claim and I'd like to clarify I was saying I did indeed choose a gun, nothing vague about it.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#267 Post by dargorygel » Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:36 pm

Sargo glances at the tally board. He thinks about Robert Peel, and wonders what His Lordship would make of all this.
GM NOTE
Vote Count 1.03

foodcoats: (3) rdrivera2005, Hamilton Bryan, snowy801
brainbomb: (2) Jamiet99uk, President Eden
Jamiet99uk: (2) Macca573,damo666
worcej: (2) Chaqa, foodcoats
e.m.c^42: (1) brainbomb
Johnny Big Horse: (1) ghug

Johnny and Einstein have not written on the board, yet.
All have posted.

At present, foodcoats is top of the tallies.

Still over a day left today.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#268 Post by Hamilton Brian » Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:39 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:34 pm
Someone mentioned I had made a "medium rare" gun claim and I'd like to clarify I was saying I did indeed choose a gun, nothing vague about it.
Let's call that "well done" then.

President Eden

#269 Post by President Eden » Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:39 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:31 am
President Eden wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:38 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:10 pm
I have read nothing of this setup except that I got to choose a gun. Easiest choice of my life, I thought, though it turns out the roses are needed to stop us from losing, so…
You should probably know in full disclosure that the only reason I'm not voting you is because I feel bad you got day 1'd twice in a row
don't be a bich
wow rude

##VOTE Chaqa

third time's a charm

brainbomb

#270 Post by brainbomb » Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:41 pm

##Vote foodcoats

worcej

#271 Post by worcej » Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:43 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:31 pm
[snip...]

worcej, I observe that every single one of your 11 posts thus far is about brainbomb, or a response to someone's claims about brainbomb.

How then, if I may, do you feel about rdrivera's claim that a:

"This wagon on Brain is utterly bullshit. Bbs answer to the wagon is another bullshit, which makes me puzzled."

and b:

"
I disliked Food vote on Brain as how on Earth he assumed Brain hardclaimed a gun?... ##vote Food"
It's a vicious cycle - BB's sheer volume of content dominates most games and it was the major focus point I had to enter into the game with and comment on. But as I entered, I did see the weird entrance by HB, Macca's scum read of Jamie, and noticed you had a good point on damo. Any other non-named entrance hasn't moved my needle in any meaningful way otherwise.

Anyways - to A, my opinion rdr is doing what he does best, which is enter into a game rather late and he usually has an opinion on the current wagon and then sprinkles in other observations. I think his direct quote above is NAI because it he's saying that the wagon and the defense are both bad with little substance behind it, but that's just my opinion.

To B, I assume rdr did not read the signup thread closely (which is normal for most people) and missed that whole dump of data from BB.

brainbomb

#272 Post by brainbomb » Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:44 pm

scums choices on daykills in this game will be based solely on opportunity, i.e what can they get away with. foodcoats has felt exclusively like someone trying to slip a vote through the margins and get away with whatever he can.

worcej

#273 Post by worcej » Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:46 pm

ghug wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:42 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:54 pm
worcej wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:49 pm
This would've been much better to say before going on your flip out.

This post is incredibly townie to me and I would've towned you right away if you approached the situation accordingly.
The point is that I shouldnt have to risk elaborating further on my item. no one else has too so neither should I. regardless of if I said I was the pope in pregame. regardless of if I said Im charlemagne, regardless of if I stripped naked on tik tok with a rose in my mouth and said “this ones for you town”.

It didnt happen in this game it was pregame jabber. you should know better than to extend the game itself into outside channels. Im not saying the case on me is illegal but it isnt fair either. I deserve to be read the same way youd evaluate anyone. Gaming the situation to eliminate me is cheap and if I was truly scum you should want a damn good reason to remove me for something scummy im actually doing. not something scummy I implied in a vaccuum elsewhere
Okay, dude, no. You can't tell other people they should know better than to extend the game into pregame chatter when you're the one who did that.
Let me known that ghug must be scum because I hard agree with him and usually that only occurs when I'm town and he's scum.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#274 Post by dargorygel » Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:46 pm

GM NOTE
Vote Count 1.04

Sargo glances at the tally board. He puts two detectives on report for changing the vote MINUTES after the vote count was posted. It’s like they were watching and waiting…

foodcoats: (4) rdrivera2005, Hamilton Bryan, snowy801, brainbomb
Jamiet99uk: (2) Macca573, damo666
worcej: (2) Chaqa, foodcoats
brainbomb: (1) Jamiet99uk
Johnny Big Horse: (1) ghug
Chaqa: (1) President Eden

Johnny and Einstein have not voted, yet.
All have posted.
At present, foodcoats is top of the tallies.

Still over a day left today.

worcej

#275 Post by worcej » Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:48 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:54 pm
Damo is being fairly useless today.
The problem is,
Damo being fairly useless D1 is not alignment indicative, it's just
Damo-indicative.
I expected you to be less of a pot stirrer after taking a break from games...

Not that I don't agree, but it's interesting to see you leading these pokes.

brainbomb

#276 Post by brainbomb » Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:49 pm

worcej wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:43 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:31 pm
[snip...]

worcej, I observe that every single one of your 11 posts thus far is about brainbomb, or a response to someone's claims about brainbomb.

How then, if I may, do you feel about rdrivera's claim that a:

"This wagon on Brain is utterly bullshit. Bbs answer to the wagon is another bullshit, which makes me puzzled."

and b:

"
I disliked Food vote on Brain as how on Earth he assumed Brain hardclaimed a gun?... ##vote Food"
It's a vicious cycle - BB's sheer volume of content dominates most games and it was the major focus point I had to enter into the game with and comment on. But as I entered, I did see the weird entrance by HB, Macca's scum read of Jamie, and noticed you had a good point on damo. Any other non-named entrance hasn't moved my needle in any meaningful way otherwise.

Anyways - to A, my opinion rdr is doing what he does best, which is enter into a game rather late and he usually has an opinion on the current wagon and then sprinkles in other observations. I think his direct quote above is NAI because it he's saying that the wagon and the defense are both bad with little substance behind it, but that's just my opinion.

To B, I assume rdr did not read the signup thread closely (which is normal for most people) and missed that whole dump of data from BB.
fascinating. imagine a world where players dont give a shit what gets said before the whistle blows.

if richard sherman says before a game hes gonna shut down michael crabtree— and then he actually does it; then you can compare bravado and follow through. it isnt the same in a game where richard sherman doesnt know if hes gonna be on the same team as michael crabtree.

hes not gonna show up post game and say yea, i shut down his bitchass and I dont care if hes on my team.

this just wouldnt happen. assume if I randed town I took a rose 99.9% of the time and opted not to be a hero. and yes at worst that means I lied in pregame. let me repeat that

AT WORST: it means I lied in pregame
and who even gives a shit

worcej

#277 Post by worcej » Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:54 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:58 pm
worcej wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:57 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:42 am
Good night fellow town cops and some bad guys.

This wagon on Brain is utterly bullshit. Bbs answer to the wagon is another bullshit, which makes me puzzled. Don't agree with the first, agree with second.

Anyone that found weird that many roses is either scum or stupid as the rational thing to do as town is to choose a rose. Agreed here - with no coordination possible, the optimum move as a town player is to pick a rose.

I really dislike the PE entrance and his condescending post to Brain. I used to think PE was a super nice guy, like rdr for instance, but I've grown to appreciate he is also a grumpygus like me.

I disliked Food vote on Brain as how on Earth he assumed Brain hardclaimed a gun? Makes sense if didn't read the signups, otherwise if he did then this is a bad take.

I dislike Ghug and Chaqa claiming a gun, but at same time it's a bold move to do as scum. I think this is a bad take because ghug or Chaqa could be trying to bait a NK on N1 when they have a rose, which would be an awesome town move to make.

I liked Macca's entrance. I thought it was bold and I want more information to support the reasoning.

##vote Food
None of these observations seem outrageous nor abnormal for rdr to come into a game with.
If you were to add your own early impressions on it, at this time, would you be inclined to agree or disagree with any of the statements made above?
Look for the bolded statements after each observation for my takes.

brainbomb

#278 Post by brainbomb » Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:54 pm

I swear to god the next person who brings up pregame shit is getting shot tonight by this gun I supposedly have.

brainbomb

#279 Post by brainbomb » Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:56 pm

Johnny Big Horse are you enjoying this experience?

snowy801

#280 Post by snowy801 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:57 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:54 pm
I swear to god the next person who brings up pregame shit is getting shot tonight by this gun I supposedly have.
I heard brainbomb hardclaimed gun in pregame