M68: Guns N' Roses GAMETHREAD [hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

Re: M68: Guns N' Roses GAMETHREAD [hidden]

#2321 Post by rdrivera2005 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:34 pm

ghug wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:16 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:01 am
ghug wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:24 am

How was my handling it scummy? I parked my vote on a scumread early, and I came back to find that wagon up against two townreads, so I advocated strongly for it.
You tried to dismiss the wagon on Chaqa to consolidate on HB, I don't expect town Ghug to do this, you like vote movement as town to have more info.

You still think Chaqa is town?
There was one vote on Chaqa. It wasn't a wagon. It was you moving your vote so that it didn't count.

I'm a lot more skeptical of Chaqa than I was before the Hamilton flip.
It was me and HB and JBH told he would vote for Chaqa if it gets traction. The leading wagon has 4 votes and the counter had 3 and was at 3 for a long time, so didn´t seem to be going anywhere.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2322 Post by rdrivera2005 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:35 pm

damo666 wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:14 pm
I am now seriously considering a scumChaqa townJBH scenario where all 3 scumguns have been used. Almost certainly means we just see a Xorxes deat tonight.

In this scenario the team that makes most sense to me is Chaqa EMC ghug.
I am reaching the same conclusion, but not sure about emc. Last spot could be almost anyone still alive.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2323 Post by rdrivera2005 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:40 pm

xorxes wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:23 pm
damo666 wrote:
I am now seriously considering a scumChaqa townJBH scenario where all 3 scumguns have been used. Almost certainly means we just see a Xorxes deat tonight.

It's still hard to explain why they would shoot JBH rather than Jamie.
That´s the only thing I can´t really explain. There is the chance JBH is covering for Chaga shot, it´s not out of Chaqa range of play. Who´s the third then? Emc?

xorxes

#2324 Post by xorxes » Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:52 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:40 pm
xorxes wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:23 pm
damo666 wrote:

It's still hard to explain why they would shoot JBH rather than Jamie.
That´s the only thing I can´t really explain. There is the chance JBH is covering for Chaga shot, it´s not out of Chaqa range of play. Who´s the third then? Emc?
I thought worcej, but not completely sure.

BTW, I did an iso of you and I think you are town, mainly because of your interactions with everyone, I can't really find any that look forced or scum theater. So that's good.

xorxes

#2325 Post by xorxes » Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:23 pm

emc report: Feels towny, good solid reads on Jamie/damo/ghug/brain. I'm slightly concerned that he has said nothing or very little on Chaqa/worcej/JBH. I guess I can't completely rule out that he is scum with two of those.

xorxes

#2326 Post by xorxes » Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:56 pm

@Chaqa, you have been consistently scumreading worcej and rivera (always together) since EOD2, but I don't think you have ever explained why. Can you say something about those reads?

Johnny Big Horse
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2327 Post by Johnny Big Horse » Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:56 pm

xorxes wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:23 pm
emc report: Feels towny, good solid reads on Jamie/damo/ghug/brain. I'm slightly concerned that he has said nothing or very little on Chaqa/worcej/JBH. I guess I can't completely rule out that he is scum with two of those.
I would be shocked... I am already dispirited... if worcez and EMC are mafia. They never said anything suspect.

But then, they said very little at all.

Is that how mafia play? Keep silent mostly and let Jaime and BB do all the talking?

xorxes

#2328 Post by xorxes » Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:07 pm

Johnny Big Horse wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:56 pm
xorxes wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:23 pm
I would be shocked... I am already dispirited... if worcez and EMC are mafia. They never said anything suspect.

But then, they said very little at all.

Is that how mafia play? Keep silent mostly and let Jaime and BB do all the talking?
That's one strategy, but not everyone plays the same way. emc often keeps mostly silent as any alignment, and worcej had the excuse of his trip.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2329 Post by ghug » Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:11 pm

I'm feeling like there's a pretty decent chance of a Chaqa/rdr scum pairing.

rdr was softly townreading/defending/advocating against killing Chaqa until Chaqa voted HB yesterday, saying he was hesitant to join a wagon with rd on it. At that point, he suddenly flipped, and was convinced Chaqa needed to go. Chaqa, for his part, has had a pretty static and underexplained scumread on rd for much of the game.

1. We know rd and Chaqa both like to bus.
2. Chaqa likes to bus early and often with a good amount of theater, knowing he'll be largely ignored. rd is a little more cautious about it, waiting until later in the game, or when there's a necessity (writing is on the wall like me and damo last game, or he doesn't want to be pushing a town miskill with a buddy).
3. rd likes to get very indignant at the people who aren't scumreading his teammate once he's bussing (see Vecna last game).
4. The whole change in direction, along with his logic around it (not very aggressively trying to actually kill Chaqa, scumreading me for not going along with it) is hard for me to see coming from a rational townie.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2330 Post by Chaqa » Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:27 pm

xorxes wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:56 pm
@Chaqa, you have been consistently scumreading worcej and rivera (always together) since EOD2, but I don't think you have ever explained why. Can you say something about those reads?
Worcej is easier to explain. Generally I find myself agreeing with most everything he says and having an easy time town reading him. Like most of my reads, it's not ever a specific thing or something I can point to, unlike my VCA reads, but it's more of a meta read. I find myself to be very good at these, like when I consistently can pick out whether EMC, ghug, Jamie, and others are town or not. Worcej is one of the players I can read, and I read him as scum.

Rivera is trickier. Unlike those guys, Rivera I can NEVER read. Largely I had narrowed down scum to Hamilton, worcej, and rivera based on PoE and some reads. Hamilton, specifically, someone else (maybe ghug) had mentioned he didn't seem to be explaining his thought processes as much, and I latched onto that and it probably gave me a self-fulfilling prophecy on him.

Circling back to Rivera - it was more that I felt no one else could be scum.

I had/have solid town reads on ghug, brain!celaph, Jamie, and EMC.

Damo's logic made sense to me. Johnny could only be scum in that scenario Damo and I put forth, and that will solve itself tonight (either with knowing he's town or knowing we have lost the game to a lots of bullets).

That left, from a PoE standpoint, Rivera to be the last scum.

Since I was wrong about Hamilton, the whole thing is a little tenuous now. I still feel strongly about worcej being scum, but I think someone else has slipped my radar.

xorxes

#2331 Post by xorxes » Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:46 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:49 am
ghug wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:30 am
Chaqa wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:27 am

Wait, *rivera* claimed N1 rose save? I missed that.
I'm shocked.
I don't see anything from him suggesting a rose save. Did you shoot Rivera?
My impression from this is that Chaqa did really believe that ghug was possibly hinting that he had shot rivera and wanted to check. It also shows Chaqa is paying attention to the game.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2332 Post by rdrivera2005 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:05 pm

xorxes wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:46 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:49 am
ghug wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:30 am

I'm shocked.
I don't see anything from him suggesting a rose save. Did you shoot Rivera?
My impression from this is that Chaqa did really believe that ghug was possibly hinting that he had shot rivera and wanted to check. It also shows Chaqa is paying attention to the game.
This is an interesting conversation. It doesn't looks like scum theater, which goes against my reads.

I confess I am not doing much effort at night as we will have a lot more info tomorrow.

xorxes

#2333 Post by xorxes » Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:58 pm

Final thoughts:

I wanted to do a full reread of worcej but didn't make it. My best guess is still Chaqa-JBH-worcej, however. And celaph is flying way under the radar.

I don't think there will be two shots tonight.

If there are three shots then Chaqa and I will be dead, and someone else will be dead and we lost, or someone survived and becomes more or less a clear. I don't think this scenario is very likely.

Much more likely, I'm the only death. This won't tell us much, because if scum still had a gun their best strategy was not to use it. Milo is better than kilo for them at this stage, otherwise they give us free info. So this could mean they had no guns left or they just didn't use their last gun.

worcej

#2334 Post by worcej » Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:59 pm

In case I die, I currently scum damo, Chaqa, and EMC/Rdr/ghug. I town JBH (dumb town), xorxes (shot claim and style), and celaph (BB's slot, but also level of participation and thought process following).

For the scums: I've expressed damo and ghug, so for the three group it's this - My push on EMC has been more due to low effort that can easily mask a scum player and we're near the point of having to gamble on this. Rdr is just difficult for me to read and I feel like he is performing the same way as last game when he was scum. ghug seems disinterested enough to be coasting as well and some of his pushes feel fake.

snowy801

#2335 Post by snowy801 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:03 pm

It appears that our GMs are afk...

NIGHT IS OVER. PLEASE DO NOT POST UNTIL THE GMS OKAY IT

Vecna

#2336 Post by Vecna » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:39 pm

##GM NOTE

Apologies for the late resolution. Resolving night now

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#2337 Post by dargorygel » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:39 pm

Thanks for the silence, folk.
Vecna is on his way.

Vecna

#2338 Post by Vecna » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:44 pm

After witnessing poor Brian get eaten by hungry ants, the night somehow manages to get even weirder. One of the people in the room stares blankly at the corpse, and then suddenly starts screaming. “I NEED TO…..GET OUT OF HERE. I CANNOT TAKE THIS ANYMORE”. Suddenly a cloud of smoke envelops him, and everyone hears a distinct *poof* sound.

Once the smoke clears, he is simply gone, and an entirely different person that was not in the room before is seated on the floor. The person has a strange tattoo on their face, which simply reads “RESERVE LIST”.

It doesn’t take the new stranger long before he starts chanting names while pointing at people. “Murderer” “Murderer” “Murderers”. After observing for a while, some people join in on the chanting, and start echoing whatever the stranger is saying.

Suddenly a single shot rings out without the lights even turning off. Because everyone was so preoccupied with the new stranger, no one sees who fired the shot. The chanting stops. The new visitor falls to the ground with a peaceful smile on his face. The bullet Is lodged right above the tattoo in his head. A withered rose is spotted in his hand.

OFFICIAL GAME INFORMATION:

A single shot was fired.

Xorxes has died. He was a stranger from the reserve list, of the TOWN

He had a N1 rose

Day 4 has now started and will last slightly less than 48H due to your GM being a silly goose.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2339 Post by ghug » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:49 pm

Alas, xorxes, we hardly knew ye.

We can rule out the JBH scum/Chaqa town scenario at least.

damo666

#2340 Post by damo666 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:51 pm

##vote Chaqa