M68: Guns N' Roses GAMETHREAD [hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Message
Author
snowy801
Posts: 630
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:47 am
Karma: 551

Re: M68: Guns N' Roses GAMETHREAD [hidden]

#1401 Post by snowy801 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:34 pm

damo666 wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:26 pm
I think it is highly unlikely all 6 food voters are town.

Therefore there must be at least one scum in {rdr, HB, emc}.

I am currently satisfied with all the wagons except my own.
Do you not think in a hypothetical world where all top wagons are scum, mafia has interest in not being on the winning wagon?
1

President Eden
Posts: 1666
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:11 pm
Karma: 1551

Re: M68: Guns N' Roses GAMETHREAD [hidden]

#1402 Post by President Eden » Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:40 pm

damo666 wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:31 pm
President Eden wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:27 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:25 pm
Is the case on Damo basically that he doesn't like brainbomb?
Speaking for myself, I gave brainbomb my vote to throw some added pressure on damo. Now that we're getting it close to EOD I'm putting it on Macca, because I think they're the best shot at mafia at this point. The difference from last game to this one in terms of investment and effort is striking.

You were recently mafia with Macca - thoughts?
How, iyo, have I responded to said pressure?
I haven't caught up yet enough to know, but I was always planning to switch vote and didn't want to let it go any closer to EOD. So I got that out of the way while I read
1

President Eden
Posts: 1666
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:11 pm
Karma: 1551

Re: M68: Guns N' Roses GAMETHREAD [hidden]

#1403 Post by President Eden » Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:43 pm

Do you mind going back and digging up the posts where you think worcej was clearly town? I certainly missed it.
1

damo666
Posts: 9127
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:04 am
Location: London
Karma: 1768

Re: M68: Guns N' Roses GAMETHREAD [hidden]

#1404 Post by damo666 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:12 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:34 pm
damo666 wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:26 pm
I think it is highly unlikely all 6 food voters are town.

Therefore there must be at least one scum in {rdr, HB, emc}.

I am currently satisfied with all the wagons except my own.
Do you not think in a hypothetical world where all top wagons are scum, mafia has interest in not being on the winning wagon?
depends on the respective vote counts but for te sake of argument if there were 3 wagons, all scum and with (more or less) equal votes I would expect scum to be spread over all 3
2

damo666
Posts: 9127
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:04 am
Location: London
Karma: 1768

Re: M68: Guns N' Roses GAMETHREAD [hidden]

#1405 Post by damo666 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:15 pm

worcej wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:49 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:34 pm
Due to game size, I reconsidered my pregame promise. I will not say what I chose.

But I was quite aware that me being a hero is a hell of a lot less important than me just doing the right thing. Doesnt mean I picked a rose, doesn't mean I picked a gun. Just means I certainly was aware that we could win this game without any kill power.
This would've been much better to say before going on your flip out.

This post is incredibly townie to me and I would've towned you right away if you approached the situation accordingly.
This sounds like town worcej to me.
1

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 6317
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:33 pm
Location: Allentown, PA, USA
Karma: 2498

Re: M68: Guns N' Roses GAMETHREAD [hidden]

#1406 Post by Chaqa » Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:17 pm

President Eden wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:27 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:25 pm
Is the case on Damo basically that he doesn't like brainbomb?
Speaking for myself, I gave brainbomb my vote to throw some added pressure on damo. Now that we're getting it close to EOD I'm putting it on Macca, because I think they're the best shot at mafia at this point. The difference from last game to this one in terms of investment and effort is striking.

You were recently mafia with Macca - thoughts?
I remember them being extremely sloppy and having to cover for them all game. That said, their play seems to have improved recent games.
1

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 6317
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:33 pm
Location: Allentown, PA, USA
Karma: 2498

Re: M68: Guns N' Roses GAMETHREAD [hidden]

#1407 Post by Chaqa » Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:17 pm

damo666 wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:29 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:25 pm
Is the case on Damo basically that he doesn't like brainbomb?
brain's case is I invented my outburst. I have no idea why PE and Macca are voting me. Smells like opportunistic scum voting.
I tend to agree.
1

damo666
Posts: 9127
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:04 am
Location: London
Karma: 1768

Re: M68: Guns N' Roses GAMETHREAD [hidden]

#1408 Post by damo666 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:20 pm

worcej wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:38 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:35 pm
worcej wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:35 pm
I fucking missed EOD because of an emergency work meeting. Damnit.
rip
Definitely not a normal occurrence for me. Granted, I would've not done much other than move the vote to Food, so for VCA purposes know my intent was to vote food if no decent wagon resulted on emc (which imo didn't happen)
Probably not a post scum worcej would make.
1

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 6317
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:33 pm
Location: Allentown, PA, USA
Karma: 2498

Re: M68: Guns N' Roses GAMETHREAD [hidden]

#1409 Post by Chaqa » Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:22 pm

I think I want to ##Vote President Eden
1

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 5181
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:17 pm
Location: Porto Alegre, Brasil
Karma: 937

Re: M68: Guns N' Roses GAMETHREAD [hidden]

#1410 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:28 pm

damo666 wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:20 pm
worcej wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:38 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:35 pm


rip
Definitely not a normal occurrence for me. Granted, I would've not done much other than move the vote to Food, so for VCA purposes know my intent was to vote food if no decent wagon resulted on emc (which imo didn't happen)
Probably not a post scum worcej would make.
Why? I have done this kind of post as both town or scum before (as I have problems with EOD time either as town or scum).
1

Johnny Big Horse
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 266
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:36 am
Karma: 319

Re: M68: Guns N' Roses GAMETHREAD [hidden]

#1411 Post by Johnny Big Horse » Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:29 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:29 pm
Johnny Big Horse wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:24 pm
Put me on your list then, Snowy, along with BB.
I don't mean offense, especially as it is the new player's delight to come to discover their own playstyle (which as bb previously mentioned I quite like to the point of "fellatio"ing it, for all that I never really called you town there I think.

But for reasons Jamiet already gave, I actually already have sort of written off your contributions for today except in context of what it says about you. You cannot expect your opinions to be considered seriously if you do not provide the reasons for which you give them.

So let's try this again - what is the state of your empirical formula that makes you town read and scum read people?
I acknowledge your and Jamie's point. Right, I need a reason for what I say. I said it is based on statistics... look, there is no math here but simple counting, and I think, as someone pointed out, my method is flawed against those who post alot.

Even if I did give good reasons, I don't expect my voice to carry much weight, as this is my first time, and you all have been doing this forever. You have much experience, and know how each other acts. I get it.

OK, so,

I think the following are townies
BB (He annoyed me at first with all his posts, but I see that he is passionate about this game and hunting scum. He could have me fooled, you guys know him more than me. But since some others who I trust more see him as town, I feel more confident in that.)
PE (I have found nothing against him in any way.)
Worcej (Nothing against him also).

I think the following are scum
Jamiet: voted for food, the chaqa shooting thing, Jamie's anger that I may have outed him (if I was right), his initial argument w BB on day 1.
Chaca: voted for food, the chaqa shooting thing
Rivera: voted for food, really adament that BB and I were off track believing that Chaca and Jaime were mafia, posted very little to start

The others are in the middle for me.
EMC might be scum, never here, voted for food.
I don't think Damo is. He doesn't post much. That is all I have on him.
I don't think Ghug is anymore, although he did vote for Food

So much for statistics. BB had 20 reasons for Damo, I only have 3 or 4 reasons for my inclinations.
1

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 5181
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:17 pm
Location: Porto Alegre, Brasil
Karma: 937

Re: M68: Guns N' Roses GAMETHREAD [hidden]

#1412 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:30 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:31 pm
No, fuck that. Why do I want to jump on the wagon with people I am suspicious of.

##Vote Rivera
Why are you voting me?
1

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 2589
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:21 am
Location: Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Karma: 466

Re: M68: Guns N' Roses GAMETHREAD [hidden]

#1413 Post by Hamilton Brian » Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:34 pm

I think it was snowy who was asking about my vote on Rivera. Ultimately, I’d like to run through all of the foodcoats voters. I would think it would be foolish for the whole scumteam would be on there, but I’m pretty certain there’s at least two.

So why not Jamie or chaqa? I think one of them will get resolved with a nightkill if they’re town. There’s no one that jumps out at me at this point that screams “I am town” that would make a decent guess as kill, so might have to consider the “clears” take it first, especially with no vest any longer.

So if one of those two on that wagon will likely get nk’ed, then that leaves the group that hasn’t claimed anything. Ghug, Rivera, EMC. So why not EMC? If people I think have a potential scum rating are voting on EMC, then I think it would be reasonable to not vote for EMC.
1

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 5181
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:17 pm
Location: Porto Alegre, Brasil
Karma: 937

Re: M68: Guns N' Roses GAMETHREAD [hidden]

#1414 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:34 pm

Johnny Big Horse wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:29 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:29 pm
Johnny Big Horse wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:24 pm
Put me on your list then, Snowy, along with BB.
I don't mean offense, especially as it is the new player's delight to come to discover their own playstyle (which as bb previously mentioned I quite like to the point of "fellatio"ing it, for all that I never really called you town there I think.

But for reasons Jamiet already gave, I actually already have sort of written off your contributions for today except in context of what it says about you. You cannot expect your opinions to be considered seriously if you do not provide the reasons for which you give them.

So let's try this again - what is the state of your empirical formula that makes you town read and scum read people?
I acknowledge your and Jamie's point. Right, I need a reason for what I say. I said it is based on statistics... look, there is no math here but simple counting, and I think, as someone pointed out, my method is flawed against those who post alot.

Even if I did give good reasons, I don't expect my voice to carry much weight, as this is my first time, and you all have been doing this forever. You have much experience, and know how each other acts. I get it.

OK, so,

I think the following are townies
BB (He annoyed me at first with all his posts, but I see that he is passionate about this game and hunting scum. He could have me fooled, you guys know him more than me. But since some others who I trust more see him as town, I feel more confident in that.)
PE (I have found nothing against him in any way.)
Worcej (Nothing against him also).

I think the following are scum
Jamiet: voted for food, the chaqa shooting thing, Jamie's anger that I may have outed him (if I was right), his initial argument w BB on day 1.
Chaca: voted for food, the chaqa shooting thing
Rivera: voted for food, really adament that BB and I were off track believing that Chaca and Jaime were mafia, posted very little to start

The others are in the middle for me.
EMC might be scum, never here, voted for food.
I don't think Damo is. He doesn't post much. That is all I have on him.
I don't think Ghug is anymore, although he did vote for Food

So much for statistics. BB had 20 reasons for Damo, I only have 3 or 4 reasons for my inclinations.
Why you didn't include Macca, HB and Snowy on your list?
1

damo666
Posts: 9127
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:04 am
Location: London
Karma: 1768

Re: M68: Guns N' Roses GAMETHREAD [hidden]

#1415 Post by damo666 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:35 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:28 pm
damo666 wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:20 pm
worcej wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:38 pm
Definitely not a normal occurrence for me. Granted, I would've not done much other than move the vote to Food, so for VCA purposes know my intent was to vote food if no decent wagon resulted on emc (which imo didn't happen)
Probably not a post scum worcej would make.
Why? I have done this kind of post as both town or scum before (as I have problems with EOD time either as town or scum).
I don't think scum worcej would voluntarily admit he would have voted for a mk had he not missed EOD.
1

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 2589
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:21 am
Location: Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Karma: 466

Re: M68: Guns N' Roses GAMETHREAD [hidden]

#1416 Post by Hamilton Brian » Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:36 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:30 pm
Hamilton Brian wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:31 pm
No, fuck that. Why do I want to jump on the wagon with people I am suspicious of.

##Vote Rivera
Why are you voting me?
I don't have a strong enough town read of you and I want to go down the list of the Food voters. I know it is simplistic in the rationale, but it's where I am at. With both you and Jamie relatively suspicious to me, I wouldn't think it reasonable to join you on the EMC wagon. So, move to the next Food voter.
1

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 5181
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:17 pm
Location: Porto Alegre, Brasil
Karma: 937

Re: M68: Guns N' Roses GAMETHREAD [hidden]

#1417 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:37 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:34 pm
I think it was snowy who was asking about my vote on Rivera. Ultimately, I’d like to run through all of the foodcoats voters. I would think it would be foolish for the whole scumteam would be on there, but I’m pretty certain there’s at least two.

So why not Jamie or chaqa? I think one of them will get resolved with a nightkill if they’re town. There’s no one that jumps out at me at this point that screams “I am town” that would make a decent guess as kill, so might have to consider the “clears” take it first, especially with no vest any longer.

So if one of those two on that wagon will likely get nk’ed, then that leaves the group that hasn’t claimed anything. Ghug, Rivera, EMC. So why not EMC? If people I think have a potential scum rating are voting on EMC, then I think it would be reasonable to not vote for EMC.
Considering you also voted for Food this is so lame and lazy. I don't scumread you over this only because it will look bad for you after I flip town.
1

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 5181
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:17 pm
Location: Porto Alegre, Brasil
Karma: 937

Re: M68: Guns N' Roses GAMETHREAD [hidden]

#1418 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:39 pm

damo666 wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:35 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:28 pm
damo666 wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:20 pm


Probably not a post scum worcej would make.
Why? I have done this kind of post as both town or scum before (as I have problems with EOD time either as town or scum).
I don't think scum worcej would voluntarily admit he would have voted for a mk had he not missed EOD.
I have done this before either as town or scum, so it's NAI to me.
1

Johnny Big Horse
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 266
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:36 am
Karma: 319

Re: M68: Guns N' Roses GAMETHREAD [hidden]

#1419 Post by Johnny Big Horse » Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:41 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:34 pm
Johnny Big Horse wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:29 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:29 pm


I don't mean offense, especially as it is the new player's delight to come to discover their own playstyle (which as bb previously mentioned I quite like to the point of "fellatio"ing it, for all that I never really called you town there I think.

But for reasons Jamiet already gave, I actually already have sort of written off your contributions for today except in context of what it says about you. You cannot expect your opinions to be considered seriously if you do not provide the reasons for which you give them.

So let's try this again - what is the state of your empirical formula that makes you town read and scum read people?
I acknowledge your and Jamie's point. Right, I need a reason for what I say. I said it is based on statistics... look, there is no math here but simple counting, and I think, as someone pointed out, my method is flawed against those who post alot.

Even if I did give good reasons, I don't expect my voice to carry much weight, as this is my first time, and you all have been doing this forever. You have much experience, and know how each other acts. I get it.

OK, so,

I think the following are townies
BB (He annoyed me at first with all his posts, but I see that he is passionate about this game and hunting scum. He could have me fooled, you guys know him more than me. But since some others who I trust more see him as town, I feel more confident in that.)
PE (I have found nothing against him in any way.)
Worcej (Nothing against him also).

I think the following are scum
Jamiet: voted for food, the chaqa shooting thing, Jamie's anger that I may have outed him (if I was right), his initial argument w BB on day 1.
Chaca: voted for food, the chaqa shooting thing
Rivera: voted for food, really adament that BB and I were off track believing that Chaca and Jaime were mafia, posted very little to start

The others are in the middle for me.
EMC might be scum, never here, voted for food.
I don't think Damo is. He doesn't post much. That is all I have on him.
I don't think Ghug is anymore, although he did vote for Food

So much for statistics. BB had 20 reasons for Damo, I only have 3 or 4 reasons for my inclinations.
Why you didn't include Macca, HB and Snowy on your list?
They are in the middle, and I don't feel strongly that they are on either team. Maybe that is what you all refer to as null. (not sure)
1

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 2589
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:21 am
Location: Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Karma: 466

Re: M68: Guns N' Roses GAMETHREAD [hidden]

#1420 Post by Hamilton Brian » Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:44 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:37 pm
Hamilton Brian wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:34 pm
I think it was snowy who was asking about my vote on Rivera. Ultimately, I’d like to run through all of the foodcoats voters. I would think it would be foolish for the whole scumteam would be on there, but I’m pretty certain there’s at least two.

So why not Jamie or chaqa? I think one of them will get resolved with a nightkill if they’re town. There’s no one that jumps out at me at this point that screams “I am town” that would make a decent guess as kill, so might have to consider the “clears” take it first, especially with no vest any longer.

So if one of those two on that wagon will likely get nk’ed, then that leaves the group that hasn’t claimed anything. Ghug, Rivera, EMC. So why not EMC? If people I think have a potential scum rating are voting on EMC, then I think it would be reasonable to not vote for EMC.
Considering you also voted for Food this is so lame and lazy. I don't scumread you over this only because it will look bad for you after I flip town.
I know I voted for Food, and I've been on a lot of bad wagons. Do you agree that there will be at least one scum on the Food wagon? Do you agree that with Jamie and Chaqa making their claims they one will likely be nightkilled? Furthermore, if one of them does not get nightkilled, does that make them a viable wagon for D3? I know I am stashing all of my eggs in one basket but "lame and lazy?"

I'm not the only one thinking it of you. Eden has had a shift of opinion. Not sure how big it is, but it's a shift.
1

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 4 guests